World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] [EVENT] 741.12.28 | Code Name: Cuddle Pile
3pm | F'drel

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
R’dal wasn’t surprised when Edath announced Halomirth had just arrived at the Weyr. It had been nearly a week since he’d last seen F’drel—which wouldn’t have been odd if he was probably any other person but being a super social friend that showed up every few days made it seem like an eternity. He may have purposely been hiding while pretending the silly story about him, F’drel, and Aederyn didn’t exist or maybe he could find a way to spin it so they could all laugh at it. Maybe F’drel didn’t even know about it and it could be kept that way!

He doubted that would be possible and R’dal was afraid to find out how his friend would handle the entire thing so he ignored it and in turn ignored F’drel. He ignored a lot of friends, actually. He felt odd about how clingy he was and hugs didn’t seem so innocent anymore. But the hiding meant he got a lot of cleaning done! With F’drel about to land, the greenrider would probably think he was at the wrong weyr! Everything was swept and dusted and he even washed and aired out the blankets and pillows on his bed and ledge.

He was currently sorting his glass beads by colour, placing them in the jars he had recently purchased to help organise his little hobby. Everything had been kept in a large box previously and he always rummaged through to find what he wanted. R’dal suspected it gave F’drel anxiety every time he had to watch it happen and he’d finally been motivated to do something about when he ran out of things to clean.

“Hi, F’drel!” R’dal called out, doing his best to sound like his usual chipper self when he heard Halomirth touch down on the ledge. “C’mon in! You too, Miri! I bet it’s too cold for you now. Tell Edath to stop spreading out and share his warm space.” Not that any of them would have to tell Edath to share his space or tell Halomirth to cuddle one of her dragons. But babbling about anything was normal for him and R’dal was totally normal. No weird cuddle orgies or anything!

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
R’dal hadn’t spoken to him in a week. For most people that was no cause for concern and in fact a relief, but R’dal operated under different rules and F’drel was concerned. A couple days was too long, let alone a week, so clearly something was up.

Conveniently for F’drel, it was easy to guess what the problem was. Namely, a fairly ridiculous rumor involving the two of them and R’dal’s friend Aederyn. Nothing that bad, really. It wasn’t like over half the Weyr populations didn’t already think he and R’dal were an item of some sort—F’drel could remember too many awkward conversations with M’ris to think anything else. So that wasn’t anything new.

The amount people were talking about them had increased with the rumours, which F’drel couldn’t say he liked, but he could think of a number of worse things people could be saying about him. Would he prefer no one talked about him? Of course, but he lived in a Weyr; gossip mongers, every single person who lived in them. F’drel unfortunately had to include himself in that, though it wasn’t because he wanted to stay up to date on all the drama because he thought it was fun, he needed it to stay on top of things and keep himself and his family as uninvolved as possible. Which he was currently failing, but that wasn’t R’dal’s fault, and he had a sneaking suspicion R’dal was blaming himself in some way for the rumor.

Which was of course why R’dal hadn’t spoken to him in a week. Which was silly on all levels, and F’drel decided to put an end to whatever nonsense thoughts had R’dal was hiding himself from F’drel. Halomirth was, as always, delighted to go visit R’dal and Edath, and as soon as they arrived and R’dal had greeted her—and she had given a warm greeting in return—she curled herself up with Edath. She even crawled partially on top of him in her enthusiasm.

“Hey,” F’drel said, hovering near the doorway from the dragon ledge. Usually R’dal would rush up, typically give him a welcome hug, and then physically direct him wherever in the weyr R’dal wanted him at that moment. He didn’t know where to put himself when R’dal didn’t immediately come up to him.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R'dal frowned when F'drel lingered in the doorway. Why wasn't he coming in? His worst fears were coming true and F'drel was angry about the story! No, he had to calm down. His friend was super perceptive and probably knew something was wrong by the lack of physical contact. R'dal knew he was clingy and also knew F'drel put up with it for him but he really didn't like it in general. He should be happy right now! But F'drel was also a creature of habit and liked routines so not being jumped and greeted was probably throwing him off.

"Come sit! I just started sorting my beads by colour. You can help, if you like! It's pretty soothing. I should have listened to you months ago about doing this." Maybe every do often he'd dump them all back together and sort them again. He would think about it after he finished. He suspected the satisfaction of completing the task would make him unable to purposely ruin it later on.

"Whatcha been up to? Were you in need of a break from the heat? I can get you some juice or I have klah and even coffee," he always kept the drinks on hand for F'drel and a couple of other friends who enjoyed the strong flavours. R'dal wasn't a fan of coffee and he had been told regularly how that was a good thing with how energetic he already was.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

The prospect of sorting tiny glass objects by color and then storing them neatly ensnared F’drel immediately. It was enough to break his hesitancy and he entered the room proper, joining R’dal and sitting in the indicated spot.

“I don’t need anything,” he said, already distracted by plucking up a bead, examining it, and placing it in the appropriate jar. F’drel thought he’d probably have used more jars, further differentiation between shades for convenience, but he wasn’t about to tell R’dal he was sorting his beads wrong—he might stop sorting them!

He went through a few beads before he answered the rest of R’dal’s questions.

“Keeping Kalea in check, mostly. Nothing exciting.” F’drel placed a few more beads in jars, liking the soft clink the glass made against the sides of the jars, and the softer sound if it landed in enough beads for the other to muffle its landing. One more bead sorted—dark blue, into the blue jar—and F’drel spoke again.

“You haven’t visited all week,” he said, picking up a green bead. “That’s unlike you.” He very intentionally did not say that he was worried; that would only upset R’dal, which was the opposite of what F’drel wanted.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R’dal smiled as he stole glances of F’drel working so intently on the task. He knew it was something the greenrider would enjoy but he didn’t quite understand the depth of that enjoyment and the focus it would bring. Maybe the best gifts for F’drel were big boxes full of buttons and other things he could organise? Assuming he would still be allowed to give gifts.

“Kalea is pretty spirited,” he giggled as images of the young woman came to mind. R’dal liked her but she really was a handful to someone like F’drel that liked things a bit more orderly and calm. He didn’t blame Kalea, though. She was in a new place and seeing so many new things for the first time. R’dal had felt that way after they left Katila and a whole great big world was out there for him to learn about. Years later and he was till discovering new things!

He studied the bead in his hand and wondered if it was more orange or red. It was an odd shade that fell somewhere between the two so perhaps it needed its own jar? He didn’t have more jars though so he set it aside for the time being and plucked up a blue and frowned when he dropped it in the appropriate jar as F’drel called him out.

“I’ve been busy… with stuff…” he was a terrible liar and they both knew it. Even if he had managed to come up with a reason for being busy, it wouldn’t be believed. He hated lying anyway and felt dirty when he did so and gave a little one shoulder shrug before answering honestly in a small voice, “I didn’t want to add to the rumours and make anything harder for you.”

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“R’dal,” F’drel sighed. “It’s not making anything harder for me. They said plenty of similar things about us already. They were just usually quieter about it.” He gently brushed their arms together.

“I’m not going to avoid you because some people have weird ideas. People have weird ideas all the time.” Admittedly, F’drel often lived his life to avoid giving people weird ideas about him so they’d leave him alone. But in this case it was the sort of thing where responding to the rumors like R’dal was—hiding away—would give more people ideas than just raising an eyebrow and continuing on with his life.

No, continuing on as normal was the smarter choice in this situation. Let people see that they didn’t care, and they’d stop caring soon enough too. Probably.

“I know it was barely a week, but I missed you,” F’drel admitted. He immediately resumed sorting beads, wanting to hear the clinks and not silence.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

"They did?" R'dal glanced up, eyes wide and close to tears. He always assumed people talked about him because he was a little odd but he didn't know he was dragging others down with him! He wanted to apologize and say he'd leave F'drel alone forever if he wanted but his friend was quicker and saying he didnt care. Saying he missed him.

R'dal continued to just stare at the greenrider as F'drel went back to sorting beads. He didn't say anything for a long while, listening to the clinks as F'drel worked. He didn't normally care either and wouldn't have if friends weren't involved. But F'drel didn't mind so maybe it was okay? He would have to check in with Aederyn as well to see how she was doing. Maybe avoiding everyone made things worse?

After the sixth bead dropped into the jar, R'dal threw his arms around F'drel for a tight hug. "I'm sorry and I missed you, too! I just wanted to make it easier on you."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)