World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.01.06 | Lost Boy
10am | R'dal

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Well this was mortifying. Zoremet frowned as he looked around the tunnels deep in the lower caverns. He was sure he was supposed to take a right and then a left to get back out, but that had just taken him to a storage room and not the way back out. He'd He had that sinking feeling he always got when he realized he was getting lost, but that was normally outside while hiking, not while he was still in a Weyr!

With a sigh he tried to take a few more turns, a few more paths to try to find some sort of escape before he had to send for help. He'd come to Fort to Stand for the clutches, getting lost probably wouldn't look good. What sort of dragonrider got lost while looking for the spare knitting supplies? He hadn't even found those yet for that matter.

This was probably another sign that he didn't need to get a dragon, maybe he could just knit for the Weyr and cuddle for work. He'd brought that up to K'dar once and his older brother had just laughed and given him a firm but good natured thunking on the back at the "joke." Other siblings had pointed out that dragons could make great cuddlers as well, and would likely be a better companion than Pit alone, helping him explore without getting lost.

What would be would be, Zoremet supposed. That was why he was here now, getting ready to touch some eggs and Stand, and that was why he was sitting down to lean against the wall as Pit chirped and bounced around to look for landmarks she could try to share with whatever potential rescuer she could find. The little pale green firelizard wasn't the best at delivering notes or retrieving objects, but this was something that she had practiced enough that she was now quite talented at bringing rescuers to him.

Once he was comfortable, Pit landed on his lap and he smiled as he gave her a quick and affectionate pat. "Go on, find someone to get me out of here then." With a determined trill she set off, poofing away to find a good rescuer she'd be able to communicate with. She focused first on finding a familiar face before pestering him, wings flapping and frantically chirping as she tried to catch his attention. Once she was sure she had her potential savior's attention and he seemed inclined to help, she started to share a few images of her boy's location.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
“Oh, heya, Pit!” R’dal greeted the firelizard when she appeared above the table. Her sudden appearance had startled him only a little but it did scatter the papers that had been spread out on his table. He didn’t mind; it was only some recipes he had managed to get A’tay’s girlfriend, Zelana, to write down for him. He’d heard from T’ryn that not only did A’tay have a girlfriend but she knew some interesting cooking techniques. So he tracked her down and begged to know more about pickling so he could try it out. He liked drying fruit so why not expand on the idea of food preservation?

He watched as Pit started in on her routine for locating a missing Zoremet. R’dal chuckled as he got up and went to a shelf where he took down a jar of the dried fruit. “All right, I’ll go rescue him. Show me the landmarks again.” He waited until the images flashed by a couple more times before nodding, knowing where his friend was. Pit was rewarded with her treat and R’dal sent her back to let Zoremet know help was coming.

R’dal didn’t run but he didn’t meander or get side tracked either. He was on a mission and in a way, it was kind of like Searching. He liked that. Being a Searchrider wasn’t just for finding the perfect Candidate for a dragon—it was also about just finding a Candidate. Giggling at his little play on the title, R’dal continued on his journey, turning down the lower caverns into the area Zoremet should be waiting in.

R’dal gave a sharp whistle, waiting a moment for a response like he had taught Zoremet to do. Originally it was done kind of as a fun game but as they got older and consequences became a bit more realistic, whistling was decidedly better than calling out names and leading them into trouble with a higher up. A couple more whistles were given as he moved along until R’dal peeked his head into a storage room, saw his friend, and smiled. “Just roaming or searching for something?”

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

With a victorious chirp, Pit popped back, hopping around and judging Zoremet where he'd been starting to doze off. He yawned and stretched, got a picture of his soon to be rescuer from the little firelizard, and smiled when he saw she'd managed to find him a familiar face. "Good work, Pit. Now you can help me keep an eye and ear out for him."

She puffed up proudly, perching straight and tall on top of his bent knee like a little sentinel and he couldn't help but chuckle at the little display. She took this particular job so seriously, though he supposed one of them had to. There had been a few times he'd been in legitimately dangerous situations when her vigilance had been much appreciated, so he wasn't about to discourage her. It made up for all the missing letters he'd tried to send her with, and the time he had to spend untangling his yarn when she got cold and couldn't resist burrowing into it.

The familiar whistle made him look up and grin, returning it with a whistle of his own. Zoremet finally decided to stand up, displacing the firelizard and sending her scrambling up to his shoulder as he stretched his lanky limbs. He walked over to give R'dal a tight familiar hug, pressing his face against the taller man's chest. "Thanks for finding me, even if it's not in an exciting place." He smiled at the bluerider as he pulled away and shrugged. "Just looking for the extra knitting supplies. I forgot to bring my own and I don't want to loose another needle having Pit try to grab things for me. How have you been? I should have stopped by when I got here at the end of the turn but I got distracted settling in."

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R'dal tensed at the hug before chiding himself and easily giving in to the familiar sensation of being a part of a good hug. He was still a bit shy about who he gave such affections to since the Note Incident despite talking to everyone involved. But Zoremet was a friend and R'dal hated how he had been acting differently since the whispering started. So an enthusiastic hug was given and he beamed at his friend when Zoremet started babbling on about everything.

Laughing, R'dal linked their arms and waved to the door. "I'll bring you to the yarn and get you back out into the daylight. Maybe you should carry chalk and mark the walls as you go. But then someone could be mean and wipe them away or have their own chalk and you both end up lost and confused." He grinned, knowing he could talk just as much. It was one of the reasons he liked Zoremet--he also appreciated a good cuddle break and they had napped away more than one afternoon together over the years.

"But I've been okay. Oh! Edath and I brought in two new Candidates recently! I'll introduce you later! I think you'll like them, or maybe just the one. I bet the other one Impresses a brown," R'dal wrinkled his nose in playful disgust over the stereotype most had for those riders. He didn't really have any issues with them as a whole but some individuals could be grumpy.

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

The hesitation and tension he felt in R'dal's body was odd, but at least it didn't last too long or the frown would have stayed on Zoremet's face. He shook his head and laughed at the suggestion. "I don't want to get in trouble for making walls, and I'd probably forget what I was doing and lose my chalk somewhere. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually and stop getting lost."

He followed the bluerider as he led him through the maze of hallways. Zoremet tried to pay attention to the route as they went, but quickly became distracted. "Oh? Two new ones huh? Are they cute? Do you think they'll be too... ah... holder-ish? Should I try to keep my hands to myself?"

It wouldn't have been the first time he'd seen a confused and uncomfortable face pop up on a newly searched candidate after he gave one a warm hug in greeting. Then again there were some riders who weren't that fond of his habit of reaching out to touch while talking either. At least he had friends like R'dal who didn't seem bothered or even enjoyed the contact. Though that did bring his initial hesitation back to mind. "Are you actually okay? You seemed a little off earlier." Zoremet tilted his head curiously, not sure if he wanted to press or not. "Was it because of the thing I heard about you and Fen and some candidate? I didn't know you liked girls, but it's fine if you do..."

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R’dal happily started to talk about the one Candidate that Zoremet would likely get along with and how he’d gone to visit the man a few times since bringing him to the Weyr. He was just thinking how best to describe the other one when Zoremet jumped on the silence and asked after him again. R’dal gave another wrinkle of his nose, about to say again that he was fine when he was hit once more with that badly written story. “Not you too, Zormy,” R’dal pouted and stopped their trek down the hall.

“And I don’t. Well, I don’t think I do but if I did, Aederyn would make sense. She’s pretty awesome and you’d like her as well. She was a runner!” R’dal perked up a bit at that, still excited over his friend’s past craft and how fast she could run but that elation soon deflated again and he sighed. “You remember years ago how we thought those saucy stories that mysteriously kept appearing were funny? They’re not so funny when you’re a star in them.”

He leaned back against the wall and slowly slid down until he was sitting and hugging his knees. “Whatever you heard, it’s not true. It was just one of those notes. It said F’drel, Aederyn, and I were in a relationship and that our cuddles were actually more. But they’re just cuddles!” R’dal stared up at Zoremet, gaze fierce but also begging his friend to believe him.

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Zoremet frowned as he watched R'dal; maybe he shouldn't have brought up the story he'd heard at all if it upset his friend this much. He quietly listened, his confusion growing for a bit as the man talked about his friend Aederyn and how she was great. Hopefully the man wasn't trying to introduce him to a girl too! He had spent plenty of time lounging lazily about with bobs in his face to know that he didn't especially care about them one way or another (except that they were fantastically comfortable). But then he brought up the saucy stories that had popped up and sparked a lot of rumors.

"Oh..." His frown grew and he moved in to sit down next to R'dal, leaning in to wrap his arms around his friend in another clinging hug. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. I just heard people talking about it and I was curious. I know they're just cuddles, you're good at cuddles. You're also good at the other stuff," he added with a slight blush, "but if you say they were just cuddles then I believe you. I'm sorry for bringing it up. I'll let people know it's just a rumor that isn't true if I hear it again."

He tried to think of something to make things better, but other than more cuddling, which he wasn't sure R'dal would want right then, Zoremet couldn't really think of anything other than what made him feel better. "I could try to knit you something. There are two clutches here, so even if I don't Impress during the first I should have time before the second to make you a hat or scarf. Or maybe we can go hiking to get away from the Weyr for a little?"

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R’dal continued to pout but melted into the hug when Zoremet joined him on the floor. He wasn’t mad at his friend and mumbled that as he shifted to properly curl up together. A part of him still worried that someone would come by and spread the word that he was cuddling more people. Of course in this case they would be right—Zoremet was a cuddle buddy and a few times something more. But that wasn’t the point! “It’s okay. I just wish people would stop sullying the good name of cuddles. That’s not a secret code for sex! Or… love-making as the story called it. I still don’t know if I’m offended or amused that the mystery writer couldn’t use foul language for me.” R’dal giggled softly, proving even then that maybe he was more on the pure and innocent side of things.

“Okay!” R’dal straightened at the ideas and smiled brightly at his friend. “You still need to teach me so maybe I can work on a scarf to match a hat you make!” He loved learning new skills and while he certainly wasn’t a master at any of them, they were still fun to dabble in and potentially make little gifts for friends. Maybe he could combine them! Was it possible to put his glass beads on the yarn while knitting? He’d know eventually!

“And of course we can go hiking!” It was odd that they enjoyed the activity given how they could both be labelled lazy with their love of naps and indoor hobbies. But it was nice to get outside and R’dal loved seeing the world in all of its glory. “How about the day after the Touching?” He almost suggested after the Hatching but that would imply he didn’t think Zoremet would Impress. R’dal was confident he would and didn’t want to jinx it in any way!

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"I wouldn't be offended. You're too nice and sweet for foul language. Maybe the writer was just jealous because they wanted to cuddle you too but were too nervous to ask." Zoremet shrugged, not sure if the idea had any merit at all. Likely he supposed it was just someone who was bored and picked someone at random. He wasn't sure if being a random victim would be any more comforting than someone doing it on purpose though.

Knitting was a welcome change of topic and Zoremet smiled. "Sure, I can teach you how to make a scarf. Once you get going it's really easy. When you take me to the yarn you can pick out a nice color for you. Maybe something to match Edath."

With that, he stood, offering R'dal a hand to help him up as well. "Come on, let's go get some yarn, and if you aren't busy I can start showing you after. And that sounds great for a hike. It's been a while since the last time I Stood for a clutch, so being able to get out after the Touching will help me relax before the big day." Zoremet still wasn't sure if he wanted to impress, there would be so much responsibility! What if he messed up? What if the dragon messed him up? There was a lot that could go wrong but all of his friends and family with their own dragons seemed happy enough.

He distracted himself by looping an arm around R'dal's and bumping into him with his shoulder. "Maybe they'll have some nice soft fluffy yarn that isn't itchy."

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R’dal stood, feeling a bit embarrassed that he let his self-pity take centre stage and distract from the whole purpose of being in the lower caverns. “Sorry. We’re not too far now,” he promised and began leading them again. He nodded at the confession that it had been a while since Zoremet stood. He’d been lucky enough to Impress months before he turned fourteen and back in the Katila days where there weren’t many clutching golds yet so Hatchings weren’t as regular as they were now. He couldn’t imagine the stress and pressure trying to Impress now would be like. His dad simply being a bronzerider at the time was enough self-imposed pressure but now that M’ris was a Weyrleader? R’dal was pretty sure he’d die from disappointment after every failed attempt.

And then there were the extra violent Hatchings the last couple of years! He leaned in and clung a little tighter to Zoremet at the thought, glad that his friend had taken a break and missed most of that. “You’ll be fine, I know it. But you can always hang out at my weyr if you need a little time after the Touching to sort through what you see and feel.” Some of the eggs had been hard to cope with while others were like floating through the happiest dream he ever had. No matter how many years passed, R’dal would always recall those interactions and he’d always offer support to his friends if they needed it or even just a quiet place to hide.

“You’re welcome to hang out there any time, actually. Nap, knit, whatever you want to do. Just no wild parties!” R’dal laughed as he teased Zoremet, knowing he was one of the least likely to invite even one more person along without asking. He stopped them at a door, pushing it open, and with a flourish of his arm, presented the sought after treasure. This room was a danger to him. Yarn, wool, fabric… everything looked so soft and comfortable that R’dal just wanted to sink into a pile and sleep.

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"Hopefully I'll be fine," Zoremet said with a small nod as he leaned in to R'dal. He'd always found touching other people to be calming (unlike eggs which just thinking about touching made him nervous and jittery), so it was nice that he had at least one friend who was eager to return those touches without making things weird. Not that Zoremet minded weird, but sometimes just cuddling was all he wanted. He smiled at the bluerider's generous offer, glad to have somewhere to escape to.

"I think I will try to stop by more. We can cuddle in secret so you don't have to worry about people making up more stories, and maybe nap. But I'll also do some knitting so that I can get your hat done." He was thinking about the parties when R'dal pushed open the door to the storage room. There was definitely enough there to keep him busy for quite some time; probably not forever, but long enough that it might as well be.

Zorey walked in to gently touch the yarn and try to find something that felt soft without being itchy. "Help me find something for you. And what about knitting parties? I'm sure that could get quite wild. We could have wine, and knit, and make... uh... scandalous things? Dick cozies?" His nose wrinkled and he let out a soft snort. "Sorry, that's terrible. No parties, just regular knitting, napping, and cuddles."

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

He stepped further into the dangerously cosy—he snorted at his mental reminder of dick cosies—room and studied the yarn with Zoremet. He gave in to temptation and started petting the various balls and bundles before finally finding some that seemed like they would be nice against his skin but sturdy against the cold. But as for a colour… “Maybe this one? Aaaaand…” he held the blue in one hand, holding it up against a few others trying to find a good match before falling to the simple grey. He held both up for Zoremet’s approval. If they were trying to match something to Edath, R’dal figured these were good.

Once he found the ledger, R’dal added his name and marked down the items they were taking. He wondered if there were people who only nabbed and didn’t leave a record of it. He hoped not! They were putting the trust the higher ups had in them all at risk because they couldn’t follow a little courtesy and help with the inventory.

Once they had everything they needed, R’dal debated letting Zoremet lead to see if he could find his way but figured if they didn’t want to entirely miss lunch that he better do it. “You free for lunch? And to come over after? We can start on our projects if you want. Not sure if you have any classes or chores today—which you know I wouldn’t let you skip out on.” He tried for a stern face but knew he failed and gave up on it easily. Bribing with cuddles was more his forte.

Date of Birth
02.12.724, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde

Threads

After a quick squish and feel of the yarn that R'dal picked out, Zoremet gave a nod of approval. "These will work very well." He took a look around, debating on getting a different color for himself, but decided that he didn't really need to. He didn't have anything to try to match after all and it would be easier to just work with what they had if he ended up making anything extra.

He peeked around R'dal to get a look at the ledger as he filled it out. It wasn't something he'd even thought to do, but it made sense. Normally someone else just handed him yarn, he'd never had to go fetch it himself! Once the bluerider had finished filling out the ledger and Zory was sure he could remember how to do it for himself later on, he looped an arm back around R'dal's.

"Lunch sounds good, and I should be able to come over afterwards." He grinned at R'dal as he playfully said, "And no chores or classes, so don't worry, I'm all yours. At least until you kick me out." Zoremet took a cautious look around as they left the storage room to make sure no one was close enough to listen in and then conspiratorially whispered, "I can keep the cuddles a secret if you want. I don't mind."

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R’dal shook his head. “You don’t have to do that. I probably would have just laughed off the story all together if it didn’t involve friends and cause them to be upset.” If people wanted to make fun of him, that was fine and he was used to catching a random whisper about whatever antics he was up to that day. But the writer had dragged Aederyn and F’drel into it and hurt their feelings and reputations. That wasn’t at all cool! “So if you’d rather not be associated with that and risk weird rumours, I understand. Most people here know it’s one of the stories but it got a little warped along the way as you proved.” He grinned as he gave Zoremet a gentle bump with his shoulder.

“Anyway!” He didn’t want to start talking about the mysterious note he was in again. Everyone told him to stop worrying, and he mostly had! But he just didn’t want to drag any friends down if he could help it. “What do you think they’ll have for lunch today? Sometimes they experiment with pastry and breads. I’m hoping today’s one of those days.” He continued to babble about the various types he’d been lucky enough to try and how they were often in smaller amounts so it was all about timing and luck. Or, sometimes knowing someone working in the kitchen that day helped as well.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)