World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 742.01.01 | A Little Lyrical
3pm | Gangleri/Meryem

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
As she walked to the Dining Hall, she finished plaiting her dark hair and tied off the end to leave it swinging. She'd completely forgotten about breakfast and lunch, too, busy preparing a violin for shipment back to the Hall to care between teaching Ballads to students.

Still thinking about that, she nearly walked into the doorway as she spotted a familiar face--Gangleri.

"Are you headed in or out? I was about to grab something to eat, myself. You could join me if you like," she said, altering her path to gently intercept him. They'd had no contact since he'd left, which was fine, but she did enjoy his company and so sought him out now that he'd caught her eye, so to speak.

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Gangleri had made the trip up to the Weyr to spread a bit of gossip and news he'd collected over Turn's End, as well as collect anything that had happened in the Weyr or abroad that the dragonriders had heard. He'd made sure to bring along a book for K'dar as well, since he'd gotten the man into trouble with his sister when he'd bumped into them. Mylorah had forbidden him from buying him a book then, but he was a grown man and she couldn't stop him now.

With the book delivered he thought about grabbing a small snack from the dining hall, but a familiar voice caught his attention. Inwardly, Gangleri cursed for a moment. Had he been trying to avoid her? Part of him felt like he should have been, but it hadn't been at the forefront of his mind. Either way it was too late now. He smiled and gave her a wave, walking over.

"Hey! I just finished dropping off a gift, and I was probably going to grab a bite. Let's get something and find a nice place to sit. How've you been?" Maybe sticking to the dining hall would keep him from doing anything foolish this time. Gangleri could only hope.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"I've been the usual," she said with a shake of her head. "Happy to not be at Hall and pleased I'm still getting instrument repair requests. It's quieter at Telgar for the most part and my duties have no chance since we last spoke."

She smiled.

"We're in luck, early for the rush." Merry gestured already moving to snag some hot portions of wherry and gravy along with some nice rolls. Finding somewhere nice by the fire wasn't difficult either.

"You?"

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Gangleri followed along quietly, grabbing a small amount of wherry and gravy with a single roll for himself. He settled in by the fire as he smiled. "Well I'm glad you're still getting repair work, I know you enjoy it. And me... eh, I've been fine enough I suppose."

He took a small bite of wherry while he thought. "I had an old man moment a bit ago. That was rather annoying. Thought I saw an old friend and went to talk to her only to find she was someone else entirely." Part of him had been tempted to try to ask K'dar a bit more about his sister, but it hadn't seemed wise to try and chase after ghosts. They only brought back old memories and odd urges, made him feel helpless and ineffective.

With a quick shake of his head and turned his attention back to Merry and put a smile back on. "But me being old isn't anything new. I am thinking of going back to the Hall, talking to my father, and working to try to become a Master. I'm just trying to imagine teaching some sort of theater class, I'd have to include an entire section to walking in heels for dramatic effect. Or do you think I should stick with public speaking and officiating ceremonies?"

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"It depends on what you enjoy the most, I think," Meryem said. "If speaking and ceremonies appeal to you more than Mastering then do what gives you joy or you may regret it."

She stopped up some gravy neatly.

"If you have no joy in your work, things get dark real fast. I mean, look at me. I was miserable at the Hall. Getting out of it gave me something I didn't think I had a chance at--a little bit of joy. Weigh your options, choose the best fit. What I or anyone else thinks isn't relevant."

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

"I like teaching, and teaching my favorite parts of the craft is very satisfying I think. Sure I won't get the chance to roam as often as I do, but I'll have to settle down from that eventually. And that's what I'm trying to plan for. If I'm going to settle, I may as well teach, get the next batch of Harpers ready to get out there." Gangleri shrugged as he ripped off a piece of bread to nibble on.

"So what about you then? Is this enough joy for you to keep going? Do you think it'll run out? What will you do if that ever happens?" After another bite of gravy soaked wherry he frowned and added, "I hope that isn't too dour of an outlook. I mostly just worry and I'm curious. Maybe you'll be lucky and things will keep working out for you here."

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

She nodded. As long as he really enjoyed what he was doing, then it would be fine. Merry frowned a little at his questions.

"If it's not enough, I still have time to Stand for a dragon, I suppose. I mean, it would certainly be different. I hope things will continue on the positive side but you never know."

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

"Ooh, a dragon eh? They're enormous things, and I'm not sure how much I'd like having one of my own. I already have Bart after all and he can be a pain enough as it is and he can't even talk to me. At least not with proper words. Besides, much easier to keep a horse happy and fed than a dragon."

Gangleri took a thoughtful chew of his food as he tried to imagine it, but he couldn't. He'd spent enough time riding one getting ferried from one place to another that he knew it was an amazing way to travel and see the world as it sped by below, but it was a silly thought. Besides he was far too old to give any of that a try. So instead of trying to imagine himself he imagined Merry astride one of the great beasts. "I wonder if you could teach a gold dragon to sing. They'd have quite the voice I bet."

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"They do hum," Merry murmured thoughtfully. "I can see the potential, there. I'm not sure, at all, that I've got any business ordering people around as a goldrider. But I suppose there's a dragon for every mind that's supposed to have one. Even I have to admit that I can be very headstrong."

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Gangleri chuckled. "Well what else would you want other than a gold? Women don't impress the other high ranking dragons like bronzes, and you already hate having other people lord over your fate at the Hall. If you wound up on a green then you really would be on the bottom with no way up. Dragons don't change their colors as they age after all."

He took a sip of his water before adding, "Maybe you can make journeyman one day, your father can't live forever after all. Sure there's an order to things that can get dull and frustrating, but it's probably better than being attached to the hip to a dragon and being bound to that. Have you ever watched one get oiled? Takes forever. Sure they can fly around, but in the end it's all got some sort of dreariness attached to it. Our dreariness at least lets us make music."

Gangleri had no idea if he was being encouraging or not and he paused to scratch thoughtfully at his chin. "Eh, I'm sure everything will probably work out eventually. Let's find something more entertaining to talk about anyway, like that story I heard about you and a greenrider?"

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

Merry shrugged a little and didn't say any dragon who wanted me but she thought it. Quietly. He did have a point, though.

"I could still make music as a dragonrider," she said thoughtfully, "and not be subject to my father's influence." At the mention of the Je'ler and said story and sighed.

"Alas, my furs haven't been shared of late. So there's no truth to that. Even if it's nice to be wanted now and again."

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)