World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 741.12.30 | The Right Moment
7pm | Cazan

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
T’ryn had spent the last few days getting everything ready for that night. Some of it he knew he didn’t have to do—like begging a kitchen worker and trading a favour for them to prepare a dinner he knew Cazan loved with a couple of little individual pies for dessert—but he had a habit of over-thinking and planning everything if given two seconds on something so he had probably done too much and maybe could have gotten away with doing nothing at all. But Cazan deserved more than that. He wanted her to know how much she meant to him and that he would always be there for her as long as she wanted him there. Given his past attempts at love—a bit of doubt still lurked in his mind no matter how much he tried to banish it.

But he had told himself he wouldn’t think about that but focus on the positive and the way Cazan smiled or her adorable expression of shock when he came in with the tray of food and ushered her out to the ledge to enjoy a picnic. It was chilly out so Syrendryth played wind-blocker while T’ryn went back in to grab the blue blanket he had gifted her months earlier to drape over Cazan’s shoulders. If he could only pick one thing to miss the most about Ista Weyr, it was the ability to sit on his ledge at any time of the day in any season. But he didn’t want to be cooped up and there was just something special about sitting on the ledge with Cazan that he’d always associate with their first real date.

They chatted as they ate about their days—he’d spent the last couple in Telgar—and T’ryn laughed at the progress to the puppet show Malvayth and Taith were making. He was honestly surprised the dragons had the attention span to keep going with it but it kept them out of trouble and it was kind of cute from the little demonstration Malvayth had given him. He even teased her about if she saw Kor’is while he was away, which surprised T’ryn given what he was about to ask. He had some insecurities and even a hint of jealousy sometimes but he had been okay with his girlfriend having a couple of extra buddies.

As they were finishing up their pies, T’ryn sucked on his spoon for a moment, considering how he wanted to proceed. Yes, he had gone over multiple scenarios in his head and practiced what he would say but Cazan could sometimes be a bit chaotic and throw all of his planning right off the ledge. Finally he set the spoon down and threw out the planning himself figuring it was better to go in unprepared before a stumble happened and it became a mess.

“So… I was going to wait a while before bringing up labels again because I didn’t want to rush you into anything but it feels right.” With how much he loved her, having a baby together, officially moving in together as soon as they could, exploring interests in bed, and even the wedding that he understood was in deed-only all rolled into one reason, it didn’t make sense to keep putting it off. “I love you, Cazan, and I was wondering if you would be my weyrmate.” As soon as the words were out of his mouth, the reality hit T’ryn and he smiled while hoping he didn’t look absolutely terrified at what her answer could be.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Cazan smiled over at Syrendryth as he provided a bit of cover from the cold wind as they sat out on the ledge. It was silly and romantic and while she'd been surprised by her favorite foods and the picnic, she realized she probably shouldn't have been. T'ryn was always doing so many little things for her after all. It was one of his silly charms that made it so easy to love him.

When he had originally offered to spend more time with her, Cazan had been anxious. She'd fretted about if they'd drive each other crazy, if they'd have secret habits the other hated, if Syrendryth would be too grumpy being away from his dragon wife, if Mal would be too obnoxious and needy for either of the bronze pair to tolerate. All of those fears had been quickly dismissed though. Even when she'd had her moments where the hormones had her agitated and cranky, T'ryn had been as patient as always and made her feel loved afterwards. Besides, she had Kor'is to bluntly tell her when she was being a crazy bitch as well as distract her in other ways while T'ryn was away.

As it was, she found herself relieved every time he came back from his trips to Telgar and thanking Syrendryth for being so kind as to bring him back. Cazan eagerly caught him up on what all had been going on while they ate, Mal provided a few bits of commentary when the topic of her play came up, but she didn't let her babbling get away from her for once. With their pies finished, she was getting ready to snuggle up against her boyfriend when he started to speak again. "Oh? I know Yfris mentioned something about figuring out labels after the wedding..." her voice trailed off as she realized T'ryn was probably not talking about that. Cazan stared at him wide eyed, her vision blurring with tears before she threw her arms around him in a tight hug.

I don't know why you're surprised. He's our favorite winner. She realized that Mal had a point there, that this was just another thing she shouldn't have been too surprised about, and yet here she was, caught so off guard she'd forgotten to even answer him. Cazan let out a few shaky sobs before sniffling and trying to say anything at all, but only incoherent noises came. Malvayth decided to cheerfully translate for her rider as she spoke to T'ryn, It's okay, those are happy noises!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Was she angry? Was it the hormones? Should he apologise?

T’ryn was mentally flailing despite being in a death grip of a hug. He still wasn’t convinced she was happy and was about to apologise and take back stating he didn’t want to ruin what they had when Malvayth’s chipper voice pointed out Cazan was happy. He visibly relaxed in the hug as he held her and even managed a chuckle. “I ran through so many potential reactions but crying wasn’t one of them. I’m glad they’re happy tears but I’m still sorry I made you cry.”

He continued to hold her, letting Cazan collect herself since he wasn’t done yet and T’ryn had a feeling he was about to set her off again. “I asked around and it seems like there’s no real ceremony or traditions with becoming mates. You just sort of announce that you are and call it done. However, I also know from sharing stories with my cousins that sometimes holders exchange rings so I thought we could blend the traditions. We can tell everyone but I also want to give you this.” T’ryn pulled away from Cazan so he could reach behind his neck and unclasp a necklace he’d been wearing under his shirt. He’d been too paranoid about losing it somewhere if it had stayed in a pocket—and one of his scenarios had Cazan jumping him for welcome home sex and seeing the ring and he’d ask her then.

He took Cazan’s right hand—having learned the left was for the holders’ wedding and Yfris’ ring would sit there—and after sliding the ring from the chain, slid it gently on her ring finger. T’ryn gave a sigh of relief when it seemed a decent fit and smiled. “Gold band to represent you and the stone was the closest I could get to Sy’s hide to represent me. Oh! And the chain for when you’re dyeing leathers or if you just want to keep us closer to your heart.” He grinned to show he knew how sappy that was as he leaned in to kiss his weyrmate.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to, but they are happy, and I love you so much and yes I'll be your weyrmate," Cazan finally managed to gasp as she choked back another sob. She held onto him as she tried to focus on breathing, upset with the display but too happy to care about it yet. She already knew that Malvayth was babbling about everything as it happened to Taith, but she didn't want to sour the mood by scolding her. Taith would have found out eventually, it probably didn't matter if he was getting updates as it happened. She sniffled again, wiping the tears from her eyes on the back of a sleeve as she started to calm back down.

There was something refreshing about that aspect of life in the Weyr, that in order to do something that could have been a monumentally involved event in her family was just as simple as making the decision and informing others. Cazan was about to comment on it when T'ryn pulled out the ring and she had to bite her lip as she tried not to cry again. She couldn't stop the small whimper as the ring slipped onto her finger, and she once again threw her arms around T'ryn, her mate, in a tight hug as she kissed him.

Cazan was still wrapped around him when she pulled away from the kiss to sniffle again, her chin resting on his shoulder so she could look at the ring behind his head. "It's beautiful. I'm going to have to get you something too, but it won't be as amazing as this or as amazing as you deserve and-" she exploded in another bout of sobbing, as Malvayth tried to soothe her. At least the gold had gotten used to the strange emotional outbursts, and had accepted the explanation of pregnancy making her rider crazy.

A small hiccup interrupted the crying long enough for Caz to take another few deep breaths, enough that she could give T'ryn another kiss. "I love it, and I love you, and I love that you thought to get me a chain so I could keep it close when I work, and I need you to stop being so wonderful for a little so that I can stop crying. Tell me something I can make for you or Syrendryth or both."

Malvayth had been trying to behave and not pester the bronze too much, especially since she'd discovered he was a terrible boring dragon who thought she was annoying, but she was too happy and Cazan was too emotional for her to hold back as she cheerfully chirped at him, I'm so excited for them, notmate! Are you happy too?

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“I’m glad you like it,” T’ryn was relieved. He had only given himself two days to find the perfect ring and once the idea struck him, finding the right colour for his purpose was tricky. But if Cazan didn’t like it, he’d spend the next six months hunting down the gem she wanted and getting something made and was prepared to state the ring she now wore was a placeholder for something better. No doubt Yfris would give her something flashier to appease their families but T’ryn had no desire to try to one-up the lordling. He wanted something special.

“You don’t have to get me anything. You don’t need to either, before you try that next,” T’ryn kissed Cazan’s forehead, finding her fussing about the gift exchange adorable. “You agreed to have me as your mate and you’re moving to Telgar so my silly dragon can stay with his own mate. I don’t need or want anything else.” He really didn’t but also knew Cazan would still make him something the next chance she got. T’ryn also figured that didn’t help him with stopping the being wonderful thing she believed about him.

Notmate? Syrendryth gave a long suffering sigh. Given the names Malvayth used for other people and dragons, he supposed that wasn’t one of the worst and he could tolerate it. I am, he agreed, when he decided he was happy for the pair. T’ryn had been in a better mental place since meeting Cazan and there was genuine love between them. He’d taken his time watching the goldrider and while she had some flaws, she did seem worthy of T’ryn’s love.

Congratulations… Cazan. Syrendryth reached out to briefly brush against Cazan’s mind, speaking to her for the first time. He didn’t linger, leaving his brief but genuine message and retreating again. He didn’t stir from where he still laid blocking the light breeze and didn’t look in her direction. The few humans he’d spoken to over the years and even some dragons often struggled to figure out who spoke and it amused him to leave them guessing. Cazan was clever, though, and she’d know quickly. He’d be disappointed in her if not.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Malvayth was pleased with the response from Syrendryth, as simple as it was, and spent most of her time peering through her rider's eyes to peek at the ring and babble softly about it to Cazan directly. Her rider had won her game and gotten a mate and a pretty ring to go with her eggs! Caz allowed the rambling to continue as she gave T'ryn another squeeze. "Too bad, you're getting something else. I'll just figure it out later. Maybe I could find a ring for you too. Something with bronze and gold."

That wouldn't be the only thing, she was going to have to think of something to make for him too, she just wasn't sure what yet. He deserved so many things, after all. Maybe a pair of new gloves and add a strip of contrasting leather around the right ring finger to form a symbolic ring, so people could see it even when it was covered up. Was that too clingy? She frowned a moment as she considered. She would just have to make him an extra right hand without the added bit of decoration just in case he wanted something more plain.

The soft, silky voice that suddenly popped into her head startled Cazan out of her planning and she blinked around in confusion. She turned to bronze dragon and stared at him for a moment in surprise before she smiled. "Thank you, Syrendryth." He'd talked to her! It wasn't something she'd ever really expected to happen, especially since he was very much a mature and "proper" dragon as far as she thought. Not at all like Malvayth, happily chirping and chatting away at others. The gold had been calming down a little about that and was much less prone to talking to complete strangers now, but she was still quite the outgoing and friendly chatterbox.

Cazan gave T'ryn another squeeze before she finally stood up, stealing the blanket and smiling. "Come on, let's get all of this cleaned up so we can go inside and celebrate where it's a little warmer. I'm at least going to cuddle you by the fire, and maybe we can see if you can somehow fit another baby in me."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn sent his dragon a wave of appreciation and love when he realised Syrendryth bespoke Cazan. That was a good sign! The bronze hadn’t made too many snarky comments about Cazan lately which T’ryn had wondered about but didn’t want to make a big deal over in case it sent Syrendryth right back into complaining and pointing out how the goldrider was beneath him. Now he understood what was going on and it only confirmed what he already knew—Cazan was perfect and his heart finally made the right choice.

He smiled as Cazan stood but shook his head as she so much as thought about cleaning up anything that night. “You go have a relaxing bath while I clean up. And then we’ll get to that cuddling and… baby-making.” T’ryn wasn’t sure how he felt about that turn of phrase but Cazan started it and grinned. She could be as bad as Malvayth with how quirky some of her terms could be but that was just one of the many reasons he loved her. Jumping to his feet, he caught her hand and ran his thumb over her knuckles.

“I love you, weyrmate.” He had to say those words together and out loud to confirm how wonderful it felt. Referring to Cazan as his girlfriend had been amazing but now he was lucky enough to tell the world she was his mate—that also had a husband in another day or two but that was just a business arrangement. He kissed her and then nudged her to get moving inside. “Go on, I’ll join you shortly.”

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

It was just like T'ryn to try to send her away. A few people had been treating her a bit differently, almost like she was more delicate, since word had gotten out that she was pregnant. During days when she was having trouble keeping food down and everything made her nauseous it was appreciated. Other days it reminded her that her temper had been quite volatile or made her feel weak. So when he suggested that he clean up on his own she had to object.

"I can help clean up too, you know. I'm only pregnant. And I've been able to keep food down more lately, so it's fine." Cazan tried to be stubborn about it, but it was always hard to do with T'ryn, and became even more difficult when he stood up and held her hands. Her stubbornness melted away into a sappy smile though as she heard him call her his weyrmate. It was still so new, still sinking in and making her absolutely giddy in a way that her upcoming wedding could not dream of matching. "I love you too, weyrmate... my weyrmate."

Cazan leaned in to kiss him, wrapping her arms around him for one last hug before she finally let him shoo her inside. "Fine, fine. You win. I'll let you clean up and I'll go soak. Don't take too long." She gave him one more smile before heading to her bath, still marveling over her new label and her new ring that had easily become her favorite piece of jewelry and probably the only one she'd guarantee she would wear every day.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)