World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 741.12.23 | Memories
5pm | Helyna

Date of Birth
20.01.712, 33
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lean
Hair
Dark brown, long and wavy

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Vondal felt like a new man. He was clean, he was wearing clean clothes, and he was in a warm place without scowling people looming nearby. Riding the dragon had been terrifying, even after learning her name and that he was allowed to greet her and she could understand him, though perhaps not as terrifying as that brief visit into the terrible empty cold of Between.

At least he had found Helyna though, and while he still had so many more questions, he was feeling much more calm about it as he looked around her home in Benden Weyr, all the way on the other side of the continent. "I've never been here before... or have I? It doesn't feel familiar at all."

He sat down on the couch, still marveling at the space she had. After ten years of sailing and staying in very modest accommodations in sea holds, this all seemed luxurious. "I'm glad to see you're doing well. I've been sailing since the crew fished me out of the sea. I didn't remember anything and they'd saved my life so I just... decided to stay and help. I didn't get to make as much lace," that was a memory that Helyna had brought back, "but I mended sails, made nets, and just... well, sailors are not that great at taking care of their clothes so I had plenty to do."

Vondal kept watching Helyna, wanting to pull her into a hug, but still not entirely confident in his memories to try to initiate anything. "After I fell from the rigging and hit my head I remembered your name and had to try to find you. I still don't remember everything, but there's been a little more since I saw your face... like the fact that you already know I fancy men. And I know you fancy women... which is why the son surprised me. Are you sure you're okay? Nothing terrible happened did it?"

PA - First Post!

Helyna
of Gold Iliyith

Date of Birth
01.01.714, 31
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Brown, trusting
Build
Fit
Hair
Deep brown

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
Iliyith had been patient with the man, and far less intimidating than Cirith had been. The gold also didn’t care for the lack of respect initially, but she could tell that was more due to fear and ignorance than anything else. She did her best to avoid spooking him with any unnecessary acrobatic flying, landing neatly on the ledge of their weyr shortly after leaving Fort.

Helyna removed her dragon’s harness and her own riding gear, hanging them carefully in the storage cupboard as Vondal got used to being on solid ground again. “We only reopened Benden a few months ago, so it’s unlikely you’ve been here before. Unless you traveled to the Hold, but I don’t recall your circuit taking you out this far.”

“The only terrible thing that’s happened to me was losing my best friend,” she replied, squeezing his hand. She had poured them both a glass of wine, though hers sat untouched on the table. “Iliyith’s maiden flight took me rather by surprise, and we were both quite startled waking up together.” A small smirk twisted her lips at the memory of their shared panic and disgust in the immediate aftermath of that first flight. At least they’d handled it better the second time.

“I made junior apprentice after your accident…” It was a goal they had worked towards together for years. He had taught her what he’d learned of lace, giving her a leg up she normally would have been denied. “And I kept practicing even after Impressing Iliyith. I can show you some in the morning.”

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
20.01.712, 33
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lean
Hair

Threads

Vondal smiled, glad to hear that the woman had been his best friend. It felt right, and it made him feel even safer and more able to relax. The wine, he was sure, was going to help as well. He took a deep breath as he took a sip, the smell and taste suddenly bringing back a few more fond memories. Sitting with Helyna, enjoying some casual platonic affection at the end of a long day. Taking a few sips as he helped her with lace. His lips twitched towards a smile at the touching domestic moments and the playful interactions, and it was easy to see that they'd been such good friends, even if he still couldn't remember all of the moments. He'd even completely forgotten that he wanted to ask more about the maiden flight and what all that meant.

"You made junior apprentice? That's fantastic! I would love to see what you've done. You might be better than me... not as much use for lace on a ship, though I tried to make a few things sometimes. It was a nice soothing break, even if... some people made fun of me for it." He frowned, still missing Ketan. He hadn't been able to properly mourn his lover before, at least not publicly. Vondal turned to Helyna and forced a small smile. "I... ah... I made a friend I suppose, on the ship. I think you would have hated him though. Ketan was very brash and loud, and very unkind to his clothing. He'd pick at loose threads on purpose and try to make rips worse. He fell overboard last year..."

He took another drink of the wine and moved so that he could gently lean against Helyna. He tried to shift the subject to something a little happier. "Am I remembering right that they're friendlier in the Weyrs? You're allowed to be with women if you want here? Could I safely ogle all the nice men?"

PA - First Post!

Helyna
of Gold Iliyith

Date of Birth
01.01.714, 31
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Brown, trusting
Build
Fit
Hair
Deep brown

Threads

She laughed as he said she might be better than him these days. “I suppose that’s fair, since I have had daily practice.” She covered his hand with hers as he shared about the loss of his friend, not pushing him to share anything he wasn’t ready for. “I’m sorry. I am glad you had someone, though.”

Helyna settled into the lean easily; he had changed over the years, but it seemed this lean never would. Another laugh bubbled up at his question. “It is a lot easier, though you’d be able to ogle better than me. There are… expectations for goldriders.” She made a face but mostly as a joke. “Mostly as an outward facing thing with the holders and crafters. But I do have a partner, Tala. And I’ve been discussing an arrangement like ours with Vondlyn’s father. Iliyith’s set on his bronze as a mate, so it would be convenient all around.”

“I think you’ll like Vondlyn. He’s a sweet boy--though where he gets that from, I don’t know,” she said with a laugh. “I was certainly never sweet as a child, and N’mor is… prickly. Though he’s surprisingly good with the boy. He’s better at being a father than I am at being a mother, sometimes. And his mate absolutely adores children.”

They talked of little things, sharing updates about his sisters and memories of trouble they’d gotten into when they were young. She was relieved that he seemed to remember some of it, and that it wasn’t just her prompting, relaxing as she got to know the man her friend had become.

Date of Birth
20.01.712, 33
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lean
Hair

Threads

"Expectations? Ah... well at least you have someone of your own. Is she also a crafter?" Vondal smiled as he adjusted his hands so he could give hers a squeeze. He was happy that she'd found someone and he hoped she was as happy as she deserved to be with her partner. The mention of Vondlyn's father though had him tilting his head and frowning. "Like ours... oh... I... huh."

He leaned back in his chair, pulling his hands away so he could take a thoughtful sip of his tea. Helyna was his wife. Or at least she was. If everyone thought he was dead then did that mean the marriage didn't exist anymore? "Are we still... I guess you don't need me anymore for that. At least not here." The corner of his lips twitched upwards into a smile as he shook his head. "I don't even remember our marriage... I don't know why I'm bothered by the thought of you having another man to pretend with. Maybe because I still don't know what I'm going to do."

Vondal had found some memory, some sign of who he used to be, who he was, only to find that one little anchor had been removed as well. It wasn't anyone's fault as far as he could tell, maybe a bit of his own for not trying harder to find out who he was. He let himself get distracted with the talk of her child, finding that a much more pleasant line of thought. "You had your moments... I think. I don't remember anything specific, but I have the general impression that you did have sweet moments of your own. I'm glad his father is good with him."

The rest of the conversation was good, a few more memories naturally came back as they talked. It was surreal, like reading a book about his past while it was being written. In between their old stories he added a few of his newer stories about the ship, though he avoided talking about Ketan at all. By the time he was done with his tea and was back to leaning comfortably against his old friend again he asked, "So... what should I do now? I'm fairly sure I'm too old to try to join you in the dragon life, I don't know that I want to go back to the hall... and I don't know if I want to go back to sailing either. Still trying to wrap my head around things you know?"

PA - First Post!

Helyna
of Gold Iliyith

Date of Birth
01.01.714, 31
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Brown, trusting
Build
Fit
Hair
Deep brown

Threads

Helyna told him more about Tala, enjoying sharing stories with her friend again. But her face fell at the reaction to mentioning her talks with N’mor. “Dally, I had no way of knowing you were coming back. And like I said, it’s more open here, but I’m a goldrider; Holders have expectations of what that means. But that doesn’t mean I would ever turn you away. Least of all after 10 long Turns of missing my best friend.”

Guiding them both back to happier topics, she was glad that he relaxed again, and she snuggled into him with a smile. “Stranger things have happened; who knows what standards these dragons have anymore,” Helyna teased.

“Stay with me for a while. Write home to your family, and I’ll take you to see them whenever you’re ready, but don’t leave me again.” Her arms tightened around him. “Not yet.” She buried her face in his shoulder as she quietly admitted, “I’m terrified this is all a fever dream. That I’ll wake up tomorrow and this is all just something my mind has made up.

Date of Birth
20.01.712, 33
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lean
Hair

Threads

Ten turns was a long time. Vondal couldn't imagine what he'd have done if he was in Helyna's place. Probably not have gotten a dragon... definitely not ended up pregnant. The corner of his lips lifted ever so slightly at that thought, and he considered sharing it, but the last thing he wanted was for Helyna to think he was blaming her for anything. The last thing he wanted as to make her upset now that he finally had her back.

"You know... I think I missed you without realizing what exactly I was missing." Vondal turned his head and set a soft affectionate kiss against her head without thinking about it, just obeying an old lingering memory of his lips that was sure it would be fine. He chuckled softly as he gave Helyna a small squeeze. "I keep thinking that someone will throw a bucket of water on me and I'll wake up on the deck after falling from the rigging with some asshole telling me to be more careful and get back to work."

He paused to look around the weyr again, marveling at his wife's... his friend's home. "If this isn't a dream and I wake up still here and not bleeding from a headwound during stormy seas, should I make breakfast? I can't remember if you only ever had klah, or if that was one of my sisters."

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)