World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 741.12.20 | Snowhound, snowbound
Noon | Open

August
of Gold Varanuth

Date of Birth
15.01.716 , 29
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slender and curvy
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
It wasn't often that she allowed herself a little bit of fun. Especially not now, not when she really didn't have a reason to play in the snow. Her son wasn't around, none of her family was at the weyr and she hadn't managed to make many friends since coming. She blamed herself for that one, deciding to keep to herself more than socialize past the normal candidate things. August was alone. Far more than she wanted to be and far more than she was used to, but what could she do?

Make friends would probably be the first step.

She laughed at herself as she scooped the snow into a large ball and started shoving it around. This was something her husband used to do with her and their son before he'd died. Thinking of it caused her full lips to pull down for a few moments before returning to the happy smile she tried to have at all times. She patted the large mound of snow she'd created and nodded with confidence at it as she started another.

She wasn't accounting for size when she'd started her snow person and when she was finished with the middle August started to heave the round ball onto the bottom. Both were rather large, far larger than she'd intended but she gave it a go anyway. The first was waist high and wider than she was by more than half, the second more than half that. She shoved, pushing the snow while she grunted with the exertion before it slowly slid back down. She huffed out a breath as she stood with her hands on her ship staring daggers at the mound of snow. "You'll go up there if it's the last thing I do," she muttered and started once again.

She was nearly finished shoving the damned thing onto the first when she felt it start slipping again. "No, no," she shrieked and lost her balance, and started slipping in the slick snow. She couldn't stop the inevitable and ended on her back with the snow piled on top of her. "Fuck," she muttered and stared as a pair of feet came into view. "Well double fuck," she hissed and tried to see who had managed to catch her fabulous accident.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
04.03.723, 22
Height
6'5"
Eyes
Icy Blue and small for his face
Build
Beefy and solid
Hair
Blonde and usually kept short, he tries to keep it combed but it has a tendency towards getting mussed.

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Fediletch was taking a nice walk, enjoying the brisk air and the snow, and dawdling about getting started on his reading practice. He loved the snow and how bright and clean it looked when it hadn't been tromped through and dirtied up by footprints, and even when it wasn't pretty hes still preferred the chill to being hot. And you could play with snow! You couldn't throw rain balls at people, mud was okay but extra messy, and dry dirt and sand was just unpleasant and gritty.

Even Chuck liked the snow, the brown firelizard diving into snowdrifts and rooting around before exploding out in a frantic burst of energy to try to warm himself back up before eventually retreating into the toasty confines of Fetch's coat. His shirt was starting to get a bit damp from the repeated antics. Hide, get warm, dive in the snow, fly around, jump back into the jacket, repeat.

Fetch was thinking about going inside to keep his shirt a bit dryer when he saw a lady struggling with a rather large pile of snow as she made a snowman. He walked over with a frown to make sure she was okay. Sure it was just snow so she was probably fine, but it didn't hurt to check on her. Well, if she could curse and speak she was probably okay. "Hello, ma'am. Are you okay? Here, let me help get you out of there."

He knelt down to start clearing off the pile of snow, Chuck diving down to squirm about in what he thought was a helpful manner. Once he'd gotten enough of the snow cleared he offered her a hand up. "I can help you if you want, if you want to keep your snow man or lady big. Or we could make a bigger one. Either way. You're not hurt or anything are you? I could carry you to a healer."

August
of Gold Varanuth

Date of Birth
15.01.716 , 29
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slender and curvy
Hair
Brown

Threads

Dark brown eyes blinked up at the man, a boy really, who stooped down and started clearing the snow off her body. She was more annoyed than anything else, annoyed that she'd failed at what she was doing and annoyed that someone had seen her do it. She huffed out a breathy laugh as the little firelizard started "helping" along with the boy, he wasn't nearly as helpful as he thought he was but August didn't mind. She squinted a little before remembering that the man was a candidate. Fetch or some such if she remembered correctly.

"I'm okay, not hurt," she replied ruefully, "Just my pride."

When she was finally on her feet August wiped the snow off her front and sighed. There was a little mud on her back where she'd landed in a snowless place but other than that she didn't look too worse for wear. She blew out a breath and thought about his offer. "Well," she started her answer, "I've already got the base finished but if you're willing to help with the rest that would be lovely." She smiled at him, pleased that he had offered to help. If she'd had friends this wouldn't have been an issue. "Do you want to help me get the middle started?"

Date of Birth
04.03.723, 22
Height
6'5"
Eyes
Build
Beefy and solid
Hair
Blonde and usually kept short, he tries to keep it combed but it has a tendency towards getting mussed.

Threads

Chuck climbed up onto Fediletch's shoulder so he could get a better look at the woman from the snow. He gave an inquisitive chirp, likely wondering if this one secretly had any treats on her person. "Well, I'm glad you're fine at least. If it helps I can fall down so you can save me next. Sometimes that makes my younger brothers and sisters happy. Helps some adults too. I don't mind."

At least she seemed happy enough to accept his offer to help. He quickly started to gather up a mount of snow to pack down into a large enough ball to fit neatly on top of the base that she had already formed. There was just something fun about playing in the snow, and having someone to share the experience with just made it better. Fetch grinned and remembered to introduce himself giving the woman a nod. "Oh I'm Fediletch, but everyone calls me Fetch. You can too. I think I've seen you before? Are you a candidate? I might have seen you at those classes getting ready for the clutches here."

He took a moment to eye the ball they'd been working on and decided to pick it up, carefully setting it on top of the base. Fetch frowned for a moment. "Think that's too small? I might have put it up there too early..."

August
of Gold Varanuth

Date of Birth
15.01.716 , 29
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slender and curvy
Hair
Brown

Threads

"No," she laughed, "I'm clearly not a child so I don't need the extra push." The candidate's sweetness was a breath of fresh air but there was a small part of August that was a little afraid for him. Would weyr life suck that sweetness right out of him? She hoped not. There needed to be more sweetness in the world and she had a moment's driving to make sure he didn't lose his.

"Fetch. Why Fetch?" she murmured and dusted more snow off her legs as he started gathering snow into a ball for the middle of the snow person. "August," she answered and stuck her hand out on impulse. She didn't often do it, preferring not to touch anyone with her rough hands but she was gloved and he didn't seem the type to make fun of her scars.

"Yeah," she continued and studied his rolled ball of snow, "I'm a candidate. Kind of old to be one." Her smile was rueful as she said the last. "I think I saw you at the last touching and hatching," she continued and moved around the ball of snow as he moved to lift it to the bottom ball. It was nice having someone taller and stronger around to do the heavy lifting.

"I think that should do," she said as she started gathering more snow and glanced at the boy's firelizard, "Oh hey... Do you know where to get the firelizard eggs?" She hadn't had the opportunity to find someone to give her one but she knew there were usually a few hanging around for candidates.

Date of Birth
04.03.723, 22
Height
6'5"
Eyes
Build
Beefy and solid
Hair

Threads

"Awe I hope you didn't think I meant you looked like a kid. You look more mature than that." Fetch wasn't always the brightest, but he did know a few things, like calling a lady mature was much better than calling them old. He returned the hand shake with a smile and shrugged. "I dunno, it's easier than the whole thing I guess? I do get things for people too a lot when they tell me to, so maybe that has something to do with. But it's nice to meet you, August."

Oh no, there was the old word. At least she was smiling about it though. "And you don't seem all that old to me. I'm not sure if the dragons would care too much about that either." He frowned a moment and scratched at his chin thoughtfully. "I hope that sounded as encouraging as I meant it..."

While August worked on getting the head together for the snowman, he decided to start another large base so the snowman could have a friend. "I got lucky Chuck in Telgar, there's a rider there who has a lot of greens. You can probably find some here though. I think Corvilis has a green who might be clutching soon. I can ask around though and if I hear about any eggs I'll let you know. Do you know what color you'd want?"

August
of Gold Varanuth

Date of Birth
15.01.716 , 29
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slender and curvy
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Mature is what you call the grannies in the holds," she laughed when he called her mature, "You are certainly adept at putting your foot straight into your mouth." He was certainly a sweet boy even if he wasn't all that great at talking to people she decided. She wondered if he was easily lead or if there was a single independent thought in his head. "Very nice to meet you," she agreed with him.

"It's fine," she laughed even more at his attempts to save the situation, "Glad to know even if I look more mature I don't look old." She shook her head as he frowned and scratched his chin. He was definitely not a bright and shining star but she found she didn't mind it. "It was encouraging," she said, "If a little unorthodox." She finished the head and glanced dubiously at the snowman, studying it to see if she could reach high enough to stick the head on top. She was quite short and the snowman had developed to be quite large.

"Could you stick this up top?" she asked and looked at Fetch with a hopeful look. "I don't know if I know Corvilis to get a firelizard," she went on and reached out with the snowhead for Fetch to take, "I know most of the time candidates just get an egg but I uh.. Kind of got scared and said no." She wasn't afraid of the firelizards, they were cute little shits that had an abundance of uses but she'd been afraid she'd kill the silly thing. She smiled brightly at Fetch. "I would appreciate that a lot," she said, "And no, I don't know what color I want. Is there a color that is best?"

She didn't know all that much about firelizards if she was honest and didn't even know that much about dragons never mind that she was a candidate to impress one.

Date of Birth
04.03.723, 22
Height
6'5"
Eyes
Build
Beefy and solid
Hair

Threads

"Awe, I didn't mean call you a granny... do they really do that? I don't remember, but I didn't talk to many grannies before. I was told ladies didn't like being called old ever... and to use other words instead. Maybe I just picked the wrong one, sorry." Fediletch ran his fingers through his hair as he frowned, wondering if he could make it up to her somehow. If he didn't think of anything on his own, he'd just ask August later he supposed.

For now he stuck to the snowman, taking the head and carefully placing it at the top with a bit of pressure and some twisting to get it to stick to the middle. He'd helped make enough of these to remember that heads just gently set up top were prone to falling, and no one liked seeing a beheaded snow person. Once that was secure he turned to give August a smile. "I don't know about best. I guess golds and bronzes are the fanciest, like with the big dragons, but they cost a lot to get a hold of I hear. They're all nice I think. I like browns because they're usually chunky and sturdy and such. Chuck's pretty smart, even I was able to teach him how to do some stuff and have decent manners. He still begs sometimes though when he thinks I'm not looking. He helps me find things and people, and can also deliver stuff if it's small enough."

Chuck, hearing his name, let out a small chirp in acknowledgement. Fetch got back to work on the second snowman he'd started as he continued. "Some people say blues and greens aren't as smart and get distracted and lose things more, but I don't know. I still think they're cute. Corv has Sky and Fern, a blue and a green, and he's taught them a lot of tricks. He says Fern is lazy, but I think she's just smart enough to get Sky do the work." Fetch blinked a moment and frowned, wondering if that was just how she was lazy. "Anyway, I think you should pick whichever one you think you'll like the color of more. Or just take the first one that's handed to you like me."

August
of Gold Varanuth

Date of Birth
15.01.716 , 29
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slender and curvy
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Hmm," she murmured as he started extolling the virtues of the various colors. August had marks, that wouldn't be a probably. Her woodcraft had been lucrative before she'd chosen to be searched at her father's urging and she had enough squirreled away to buy a few dozen eggs. She thought anyway, but did she really want a gold or a bronze? They were smarter she imagined, something like the bronze and golds in the dragons and would be a better choice to ensure her messages to her family actually arrived where they were supposed to but the others were just as enticing.

"That is a difficult decision," she laughed softly, "Choosing which color is the best choice." She looked at Fetch with a curious tilt of her head. "Can you choose which color you want from the eggs alone?" she continued, "I assume only the golds are noticeable. Are the rest of the colors a bet risk do you think?" She reached over and wiggled a finger at Chuck hoping to entice him a little closer for a scratch or two.

"Sounds like Fern is smarter than people think," she laughed again when she stood back to survey the snowman, "Do you think we can find some stuff to make a face?" She cocked her head and tapped a finger against her chin. "What else do you think it needs?" she continued, "Or do you think a face would be too...." she gave a mock shiver, "Weird?"

Date of Birth
04.03.723, 22
Height
6'5"
Eyes
Build
Beefy and solid
Hair

Threads

"Yeah, it's hard to pick the best. They're all good in their own way I think. And unlike the big dragons, all of the eggs are colored to match the baby inside so that should make it easier to pick out one you want." Fetch reached up to give Chuck a fond scratch under his chin. The firelizard eyed August curiously for a moment before hopping nimbly over to her shoulder for a bit more attention.

Fetch eyed the snowman for a moment. "I usually give them faces and arms. I don't think it's too weird. Usually I find some rocks for the face. If I'm feeling fancy maybe a carrot or a smaller stick for the nose." He turned back to August to ask, "Do you think faces are weird on them? I'd think having no face would be weirder... cause then they're just blank people. How do you know what they're thinking?"

Though now that he was thinking about it he wasn't really sure at all. "Maybe we can do an extra snowman so that we have two. We can give one a face and leave one without and decide which one is weirder."

August
of Gold Varanuth

Date of Birth
15.01.716 , 29
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slender and curvy
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Really?" she asked and was surprised that they were all colored correctly, "Maybe I should've paid more attention when they offered me an egg." She laughed at her own silliness. She should've just taken the egg when they'd offered her one but she'd been too afraid that she would murder the poor thing on accident that she'd said no. Which was stupid, she'd raised a son through infancy why would she have killed a firelizard hatchling.

"Think you could help me find someone with eggs?" she asked as Chuck hopped to her shoulder. "Hello fellow," she said with a scratch to the underside of his chin. He was certainly a solid little guy.

"I suppose having a blank face would be much weirder than having one," she nodded in agreement, "I usually give them faces to but I didn't want to creep you out." She admitted the last with a smile towards the young man. He was sweet and endearing in his earnestness that August quite enjoyed his company. She glanced around for rocks and twigs to stick in the head and on it's sides. "You start finding some faces and arms and I'll get the next bottom started," she said and gathered some snow together, "Maybe make a lady this time instead of a man."

Date of Birth
04.03.723, 22
Height
6'5"
Eyes
Build
Beefy and solid
Hair

Threads

Fediletch grinned, excited for the additional chance to be helpful to a new friend. "I'll ask around and double check with Corvilis next time I see him. I think we can get you a little lizard of your own before the big dragons start hatching."

He tilted his head curiously when she mentioned she didn't want to creep him out. "Awe, I'm not afraid of faces. It's just snow after all." Fetch scratched his chin as he studied the blank canvas of the snowman's head for a moment. "Though maybe I could try to make a creepy face on purpose? I don't know about that though, since I normally think happy things with snow."

Fetch started looking around to try and find good dark pebbles that were the right size and shape. Chuck watched him, briefly wondering which person he should try to help before he decided hop down and dig around the snow looking for the treasures Fetch was seeking. Between the two of them Fetch was able to get enough pebbles of close enough size to start working on the face, giving the snowman a smile. "Now he just needs a nose! I think we can probably borrow a couple carrots from the store rooms for that."

He took a moment to check August's progress with the snow woman, scratching his chin thoughtfully. "So if we're making it a snow woman, are we giving her snow boobs? I've done that before for my siblings, but they usually just giggled about it and never properly finished."

August
of Gold Varanuth

Date of Birth
15.01.716 , 29
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slender and curvy
Hair
Brown

Threads

"I would appreciate that," she said with a nod and a smile. She clapped her hands together at the idea of having a firelizard of her own. She would kick herself for not taking one when she was offered one for some time.

Fetch was an adorable boy, she thought to herself when he tilted a curious head at her words. "That's good to know," she said as she studied the blank snowman with him. At least he wasn't touchy, feely like some of the people in a weyr could be. She didn't blame them of course and had dealt her own fair share of touches and pets, but snow building was serious business that required her attention. If having a big ass snow ball fall on her was any indication of it. She laughed. "A creepy face on purpose would be funny," she said before offering, "We can do a serious face on one and a creepy face on the other."

"You don't think the cooks will get mad if you filtched some carrots?" she laughed at the idea before asking, "Will you send Chuck for a couple?" His next question brought a peal of laughter from her and she had to stop a moment to collect herself. "Good thing you suggested it," she said, "I didn't want to scandalize you by giving her a nice pair of tits."

Date of Birth
04.03.723, 22
Height
6'5"
Eyes
Build
Beefy and solid
Hair

Threads

"Oh, oh, I can make it creepy!" Fediletch grinned. "And I think they'll be okay if we only take a couple of carrots. If they do get mad just be sure to blame it on me and I'll do some extra chores for them and help out a bit more to make up for it." He let out a soft whistle which made Chuck's head pop out of the snow, chirping inquisitively. Fetch thought about the carrots, specifically that he wanted two of them, and the store room he knew where they were located. With another chirp, the brown firelizard popped away, off to carry out his task.

Fetch was in the middle of adding twigs to give the smiling face some fangs when Chuck popped back from between clutching a pair of carrots in his claws, and with a bit of jerky hanging from his mouth as his own added little bonus. "Awe, Chuck, did you steal that or did someone give it to you?" He caught an image of one of the cooks, a curvy older woman with graying hair who like to sneak Chuck treats. "Well so long as you didn't steal it I guess it's fine."

With carrots in hand he considered the prospect of the snow woman again. "I don't know about nice, but I can at least make them look like boobs. You'll have to help if you want them to look nice. Don't think snow bounces right for that."

August
of Gold Varanuth

Date of Birth
15.01.716 , 29
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slender and curvy
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Creepy it is then!" she said with a matching grin of her own. She quite liked this kid and already August's protective instincts were bringing him into her circle and woe be to anyone who decided to fuck with Fetch. August was good with her hands and good with knives, it wouldn't end well for the other person if they pissed her off too bad. She marveled when Chuck blinked between to fetch the carrots. "They really are like little dragons aren't they," she said a little offhandedly and more to herself than to Fediletch. "I'm certainly not going to blame myself if they get mad for filtching carrots," she teased as he started adding the twigs.

"What a delight," she murmured again when Chuck popped from between and she laughed at the sight of him with the piece of jerky hanging from his mouth. "He's a silly fellow isn't he?" she asked with a chuckle.

"Trust me, Fetch," August said with a nod towards her own chest, "I might not look like it but I've got a nice set myself, I shouldn't have a problem with making look like a nice set of tits." She laughed at his last words with a shake of his head. "No," she agreed, "I don't think snow bounces right for them to be perfectly perfect. Just nice'll do."

Date of Birth
04.03.723, 22
Height
6'5"
Eyes
Build
Beefy and solid
Hair

Threads

"Too bad I didn't save any bones from butchering... that would have really helped with making things creepy. Real teeth where they don't belong always freaks people out." Fetch blinked for a moment as he realized that August might think he was the one being creepy. He decided to clarify just in case so she wouldn't get the wrong idea. "Before I became a candidate I worked for a butcher, and whenever my little brothers wanted to play creepy jokes on each other I'd help them with parts of things. Which, eh... you know. Kids. They're into weird stuff when they're little."

He gave a small shrug and got back to work, trying to make the fangs as fearsome ad jagged as he could, sticking them out in slightly off angles to give the snowman a toothy maw. "too bad I don't have anything red for the eyes. That would really help the creepiness... or maybe no eyes. Huh." He pulled the existing pebbles out of the snowman to peer at it curiously. "I don't know which option is worse actually. Maybe it'll make it easier to decide once we get his friend made."

Fetch turned his attention to the snow woman companion, helping August with the snow sculpting until they had another blank snow person. At least until he helped her pat the snow boobs on. He mostly just tried to hand her piles of snow and pat where directed since his own snow boob skills were reserved for ridiculously exaggerated caricatures intended to make people giggle. "So, are we still going to give her a serious face? Is he her... uh... pet or minion or something?"

August
of Gold Varanuth

Date of Birth
15.01.716 , 29
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slender and curvy
Hair
Brown

Threads

Her eyes goggled at him when he mentioned bones and real teeth. "Whaa?" she got out just as he went on to explain. She started laughing when she realized how ridiculous the image of Fetch going around killing people to collect their bones had been. Her mind was wild with imagination at the best of times and this was no different. She grabbed his shoulder while she laughed. "I am so glad you said that," she said through her bouts of laughter, "That was not at all what my mind was thinking." She nodded when he spoke of his siblings and the weird stuff they liked. "I have a son," she said with a chuckle, "And he's into all manner of weird and silly things. Bugs and bones and dirt and all."

August snapped her fingers with an idea. "I have some scraps of red fabric left over from a toy I made," she said, "If I tell you how to get there and where it's at do you think Chuck could get it and bring it back?" She didn't really wait for an answer before she was off, rambling the directions to where she had the fabric stored. It was easily reached and shouldn't be a problem for a firelizard of Chuck's size. The only thing that mattered was if the little brown remembered what she said.

August's snow boobs were a little exaggerated, larger and much rounder than any normal boobs and she giggled at the sight of the top-heavy snowwoman. She looked over at Fetch when he asked about her face. "She can have a serious face," she agreed before frowning, "Can't he be both? Her minion and her pet? Can they be the same thing?"

Date of Birth
04.03.723, 22
Height
6'5"
Eyes
Build
Beefy and solid
Hair

Threads

"Oh a son? That's nice! Hopefully he's not too rowdy for you. If I find a nice shaped bone I can save it for him if you want." Fediletch grinned as he made the offer. Children were always fun, even for all the mischief and trouble they could get into. He tried to keep track of the directions she gave as she suddenly started to ramble. He tapped Chuck to make sure he was paying attention so that maybe between the two of them thinking together they could get through this.

With what he imagined the red fabric could look like fixed in his mind, and thinking through the directions again, Fetch sent Chuck off so he could begin his little scavenger hunt. With that handled as much as it could be for the moment, he turned his attention back to the snow woman, eyeing her comically large... assets. He started giggling, muffling the sound behind his hand. "It might be hard to have a serious face with those, but we can try. And I guess he could be both. Dogs can be friends and pets I suppose. And he does look kind of monstery with all the fangs I gave him so maybe he's a little bit of a dog monster snowman."

Chuck popped back, alighting carefully on August's shoulder. Fetch couldn't see very clearly what he had, but it looked enough like red fabric that it seemed he'd been successful. "Oh, looks like he was able to get that for you! Good job, Chuck!"

August
of Gold Varanuth

Date of Birth
15.01.716 , 29
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slender and curvy
Hair
Brown

Threads

"No," she chuckled, "He's not too rowdy. He's a little quiet but he likes a lot of weird stuff and I bet a bone would be right up his alley." August had a hope that when and if she impressed she'd be able to bring him to the weyr, but she wasn't certain if that would be possible. Not from the weyr's standpoint, they didn't seem to care much about children being under foot, but she was afraid her father wouldn't allow it.

She laughed at his giggles, enjoying the carefree sound as her eyes twinkled brightly with amusement. "I don't know," she said with a grin, "Who wouldn't be serious with a set of tits like that? Back pain is serious business." Her tone was just as serious as the picture she attempted to draw. She was fairly certain her face failed that test completely and she could still feel her wide mouth split with a smile. "The fangs were a nice touch," she said as she got herself under control and stop back to study their masterpieces.

"Fantastic!" she exclaimed as Chuck popped out of between with the red fabric she'd requested. "What a good boy you are," she continued with a wiggle of her fingers and scratched the brown's chin, "Such a smart guy you are!" She took the fabric from the firelizard and move towards the snowman and pursed her lips. "He might need eyebrows, Fetch," she said as she settled the fabric above his leering mouth. "Are there any more little sticks about?" she asked and glanced around.

Date of Birth
04.03.723, 22
Height
6'5"
Eyes
Build
Beefy and solid
Hair

Threads

Fetch was delighted with the prospect of hunting for fun bones for a friend. It would give him just a little bit extra to do while helping the butchers, and hopefully he'd get to make a child happy with the result. He studied the snowlady they were making and nodded. "I suppose being made of snow might not help with back pain, so a serious face could still work. Serious face. Serious snow boobs."

He giggled again before starting his hunt for more twigs. "I should be able to find more for his eyebrows. And if not, Chuck can probably help us with that." After receiving so much praise and chin scratches, the brown firelizard was indeed eager to show off his talents. He dove into snow, rooting around for anything he thought would be suitable and started to pile the little treasures he found at the base of the snowman.

Not everything in the offering pile was useful, some of it was clumps of dead grass, there was a discarded glove with a torn finger, more rocks, but there were a few sticks. Fediletch sorted through it all and used a particularly bristly pair of twigs to add pointed bushy eyebrows in a downward angle to make the snowman appear even more sinister.

Fediletch grinned and turned to August. "How's that? I think he's the creepiest snowman I've ever seen."

August
of Gold Varanuth

Date of Birth
15.01.716 , 29
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slender and curvy
Hair
Brown

Threads

August grinned back at Fetch when the other candidate turned to her. He'd done a fabulous job with the eyebrows and the eyes, she stood back as she surveyed the pair of snowpeople. She scooped a little snow up and smoothed it over one side of the snowwoman. She'd had a lopsided tit and that would never do. "He's definitely the creepiest one I've ever seen," she agreed when she was finished evening out the chest of the snowwoman. She glanced back over at Fediletch with a grin. "Thanks for helping Fetch," she said, "I really appreciate it."

She moved over to him with a step or two and stood on tiptoe and kissed his cheek. "Thanks for not laughing at me and leaving me to my doom beneath all that snow," she continued with a twinkle in her eye as she stood back down straight and dusted off her hands. "Wanna go and get some lunch?" she asked, "Maybe some cocoa or something?" She was chilled enough from her accident with the snow and from building the people that she was due some cocoa. "And you'll let me know when Corvilis is ready to hand out lizard eggs?" she continued with a hopeful gleam in her eye.

Date of Birth
04.03.723, 22
Height
6'5"
Eyes
Build
Beefy and solid
Hair

Threads

It was always nice to be proud of something he'd done, doubly so when others also seemed to appreciate it. Fediletch puffed out his chest at the praise and smiled. "You're very welcome, I'm glad I could help! It's nice to be able to do things for people, especially fun things."

The faintest hint of a blush colored his cheeks when August gave him the little kiss. "Awe, it was nothing. I couldn't just leave you to freeze. Sure you might have been able to get yourself out before that, but you probably wouldn't have been very comfortable. I think you're tough enough."

He ran his fingers through his hair at the mention of lunch and he suddenly felt a little bashful. "Oh, either of those sounds good if you want. You don't have to bring me along though." Despite having a few friends among the other candidates, and Mylorah occasionally showering him with attention, he always worried about making new friends who maybe didn't know he wasn't that bright. Hopefully August wouldn't be too disappointed.

"And yep, I'll let you know as soon as I find out about the eggs. If you have a color you want I might even be able to just bring it to you." Fetch smiled again, glad that he had a task that he knew he couldn't disappoint with. He looked around, ran his hands through his hair again and held out his arm in an attempt to be proper and polite. "So... uh... did you still want to lunch? I can walk you to the dining hall at least."

August
of Gold Varanuth

Date of Birth
15.01.716 , 29
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Slender and curvy
Hair
Brown

Threads

The blush on his cheeks was adorable when August gave him a little kiss. She had a mind to shower the boy with as much love and affection as she could muster but she had a feeling he would melt on the spot from embarrassment. And she was not one to cause undue stress to anyone. "I'd probably still be there, buried beneath the snow on the verge of collapse if you hadn't wandered by," she laughed and gave his bicep a squeeze.

"Don't be shy!" she told him with another squeeze of his bicep, "I'd love to have you along, Fediletch. You're good company, you know." Somehow she didn't think he did know that he was good company. It was nice to be around a man who didn't have some hidden agenda and ulterior motive. And even though he wasn't altogether the brightest color in the box, Fetch had a way about him that endeared him to August.

"Blue," she said with a nod, "I think blue will do just fine. Maybe after a while, I might be able to get another but I think I don't need anything fancy." She liked the color blue and she had a feeling a blue would be a little less personable but a little smarter. She grinned at him when he held out his arm for her to take. She chuckled and sketched a quick curtsy. "I would love to have lunch with you Fetch," she said and wrapped her arm through his to start tugging him towards the dining hall. "Bet we can get fresh bubbly pies if we hurry."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)