World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 741.12.13 | Running Curious
2pm | Alekse

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Je'ler had just finished another wine run to Benden and was indulging Isperinath with a casual bit of flying over the area near the hold. Sure it was cold, but sometimes the green just wanted to stretch her wings a bit and get a some sight seeing done away from Ista. At least the sun was warm as they soared over the snowy landscape. How much longer do you want to be out here for? It's getting cold and it's almost time for lunch.

Just a little longer. You could have grabbed something to eat while we were in Benden, you know. We didn't have to rush away. To emphasize her annoyance, Isperinath took a turn sharp enough to unsettle her rider, sending a hand scrambling to his straps so he didn't flail about like weyrling trying a maneuver for the first time. Je'ler huffed. You just wanted to cuddle up to some new boy you just met.

And? I'm not allowed to make friends? Isper's voice was calm, but Je'ler knew better. He sighed, reaching down to give her neck a pat. I'm sorry. If you really want we can go back and I'll just have lunch there. He wasn't about to argue further, or point out that he knew she was more interested in the dragon's rider than anything else. She was clearly in a mood and he didn't want to pick a fight with her.

Isperinath took a few lazy circles around the area as she considered the offer, but before she reached a decision she spotted a figure running along a trail. Oh? Someone's down there. Let's go take a closer look. Sure. Just try not to startle him too much. She swooped down lower, letting out a chirp in what she hoped was a friendly enough warning to keep the man from startling too much, and then flew ahead to land on the trail so that he could run up to her.

Je'ler gave the man a wave. "Hello there, sorry to bother. I'm Je'ler of Green Isperinath and she was just curious about what you were doing out here."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
Snow. He knew it was coming, it always came. He should have been used to it, Running for as long as he had been. But shards, he never did get used to running in the stuff. It really was a lovely sight, and the crisp, grey landscape always provided inspiration for some lovely sketches, but it was so bloody cold…His thick wherhide boots crunched against what was visible of the trace, the vibrant green faded and lost beneath the soft, thin blanket of white. He hoped there would be fresh klah ready at the next station…or, even better, some decent wine…he’d be taking a rest day before he started out again, he could afford a drink. Ordinarily, in the warmer months, he’d refrain, knowing he’d be back out on the trace within a few hours, but not during the winter. Rest was important to warm up and refresh and keep away the bone chill that could take down even the most seasoned Runners. A day of rest would be needed, and wine would do him well, warming him from the inside out.

Lost in thought, he only noticed Handsome’s excitement when he dove and swooped ahead of him, trilling a whistle of greeting and echoing the sound from a much larger creature before disappearing between. A shadow crossed overhead, speeding ahead of him as the dragon that cast it came into view. She was a lithe, elegant green, and she landed lightly along the trace ahead of him. Alekse skipped to a stop, smiling and waving at the strangers, wary of being stopped unexpectedly, but friendly nonetheless.

“It’s no bother at all.” He shook his head and caught his breath, puffing clouds of condensation in front of him. He smiled at the rider’s explanation, thinking back to Ryn’s tale of how she’d first med R’dal and Edath in a very similar way; simply being spotted on the trace by the curious pair. “I’ve got a message pouch with Benden as its destination, and am headed there to deliver it.” He nodded, directing his words to both the rider and his green.

He offered his hand for a firm shake if the rider would take it. “The name’s Alekse. Journeyman Runner. Based up near the Weyr, but hopefully headed south for a Run or two. The winter landscape here is beautiful, but a bit cold.” The chill air started to eat through the jerkin he had over his tunic, and he shook his arms and legs to try and hide the involuntary shiver that raced down his back, laughing ruefully at himself. “What I wouldn’t give to be able to have a mug of klah while out on these traces…Sadly it doesn’t travel well.”

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Isperinath studied the man curiously for a moment, confused by the situation. She softly asked Je'ler, A message? But why would he be out here running then? Her rider chuckled softly. He doesn't have a dragon to carry him so he has to run. Isperinath gave an annoyed swish of her tail, embarrassed at the answer that was so simple she hadn't thought of it.

Je'ler hopped down to the ground so he could more easily shake the Runner's hand. "Nice to meet you. I hate the cold, we're only in the area because she wanted to sight see after we dropped some wine off at the Weyr. I'm based in Ista, but I try to make regular deliveries of the wine I make to those who are so unfortunate as to not have regular access to my wares."

He pulled a wineskin out from his coat and took a long drink from it before offering it to Alekse. "You want to try some? I personally find it's better than klah as far as feeling warm."

Maybe we can take him to the Weyr. You could grab something to eat, he could deliver his message... And you can get more cuddles in, fine, fine. I'll ask, and if he wants to go you can get some more socializing, if he doesn't we'll just head back home okay? Isper swished her tail again and turned to Alekse, deciding to beat Je'ler to the question. I could carry you to the Weyr if you'd like. It is too cold to run.

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

The sweet voice of Isperinath filled his mind and he blinked, realizing he’d never actually had a dragon speak to him before. He wondered at the melodic tone it held, despite it not being an audible sound. Having another voice so entirely not his own share his mind for that brief moment caught him off guard; it was surprising but not unpleasant, and he took it in stride, smiling at the dragon.

“I appreciate the offer, Ipserinath, thank you. But I should have clarified: Benden Hold, not the Weyr. As much as I’d like to be there right now with my family, my run is taking me farther south. All the better, though, as a coastal run in Nerat is far more pleasant than the snowy traces up here. You are right, it is far too cold. It doesn’t bother me too much, though.” The last was a bit of a lie…the cold didn’t bother him as long as he was moving, which at the moment, he was not. The light breeze snatched at him and he dared to press, needing either to get moving again or else hitch a ride. “But if the offer stands for a drop at the Hold, I know the headwoman there usually has a fine stew going at all times.”

He thanked Je’ler for the wineskin and took a swig. A sip couldn’t hurt, and the warmth it would give his belly would help carry him until he worked himself up running again. The wine was quite good, dry with lovely blend of spices that added to and enhanced it, leaving a delightful flavor even after it had trickled down his throat. He hummed appreciatively. “This is good stuff. You make it?”

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

"Oh yeah! Sorry, Isper must have misheard you," Je'ler said, easily blaming Isper for the misunderstanding. She gave him a gentle bap to the back of his head with the tip of her tail in retaliation. "Yep, I made that and I have plenty back home so feel free to drink your fill. We can still take you. She just won't get to have the cuddles she wanted." And that suited him just fine.

Isperinath dramatically stuck her nose to the sky, complaining for the both of them to hear, It's because Je'ler doesn't love me enough to want me to be happy. He is a cruel task master who doesn't believe in romance. Je'ler rolled his eyes and turned to give the dragon's neck a pat as he tried to soothe, "Oh come on, Isper, you know it's not like that. You don't need to ham it up just because you have an audience."

The green cracked an eye open, tilting her head just enough to peek at her rider. I can take my time and have fun next time we go? "Yes, yes, fine. Next time we're up you can visit with whatever dragon it is you have your eye on. Now let's go before we all freeze to death please?"

A bit more quietly Je'ler whispered to Alekse, "She's been in a mood today, don't mind her. Just be sure to tell her she's pretty, that'll help."

For the moment though, the dragon seemed satisfied with her rider's apology and lowered herself as much as possible to make it easier for the runner to climb aboard so that Je'ler could get him strapped in and secured. As soon as the two of them were secure Je'ler asked, "Have you flown before?"

Feeling cheeky, Isperinath didn't wait for a response before launching into the air, trusting her rider to handle the passenger.

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

“Perhaps he’s simply waiting for a dragon worthy of you, that wouldn’t be a waste of your attentions.” Alekse suggested, cocking his head back to take in the green’s display with a smirk. He took another swing of the wine, and shards, was it good. Maybe it was the need for warmth talking, but he wasn’t going to complain about a decent drink.

He thanked the rider for his help, settling in behind the man, and opened his mouth to respond to his question when the words were torn from him as the green leapt into the sky. This marked exactly the third time he’d ever been atop a dragon, and the first two were with a weyrling pair barely out of between training. That experience didn’t even compare to this.

With a sound somewhere between a gasp and a yelp, Alekse leaned forward, grabbing at whatever he could to right himself and fight the force trying to press him down and back against Isperinath. Once upright, he leaned a bit to take in the view from above, though not releasing his death-grip on the rider. His stomach dropped, but he couldn’t tear his eyes from the stunning landscape. This was a sight he wouldn’t soon forget. He laughed, truly awestruck. The miles were whizzing beneath them, and what would take an hour would be long behind them in a matter of minutes. When a dragon and rider traveled like this, it was no wonder they might be confused by message Runners on the ground…then of course there was between

At a word from Je’ler, they blinked into the blackness, and he was reminded again of just what true chill felt like. Reappearing in the cold air above Benden Hold felt like a warm day in Ista by comparison. He breathed out, letting the cold of between mix with the air above Benden before he pointed out the station set just away from the Hold.

“Thank you for the ride!” He grinned, glad to have saved himself the cold journey. “Now, how about that stew? And perhaps more wine?”

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Isperinath conspiratorially whispered to Alekse, He thinks I'm trying to introduce him to a nice rider... which isn't wrong. One day I'll find him a nice match if he stops fighting me. As much as she enjoyed teasing Je'ler when he was being difficult, she did worry about him and how lonely she knew he could get. She took her time climbing in altitude, lazily flying over the area for a moment to give her guest a chance to enjoy the view before she stole them away to pop out in a different view entirely.

Je'ler eyed the station as Alekse pointed it out and made sure Isper also saw their destination. He reached down to give Alekse's arms a comforting pat as they were wrapped around him as he laughed. "Still have all your parts right? Didn't leave anything behind between? And stew sounds great, and I have more than enough wine to get us through a meal."

He let Isper take her time lazily circling over the station and gradually descending until she came to gently touch onto the ground in sharp contrast to her hasty and sudden take off. I hope you had fun! she thought to her passenger as Je'ler helped him dismount. He hopped down as well, giving Isper a pat and a hug around her neck. "Let me know if you get too cold, love."

Isper gave him a gentle nudge of her nose. Go eat, you'll be less cranky. Je'ler huffed. "I'll be less cranky?! You're the one who's cranky." He shook his head and clapped a hand on Alekse's back. "Let's go have some stew and wine. You said something about having family in the weyr? What are you doing out here running around?"

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

“I think I left my stomach back there is all,” Alekse half-shouted over the wind whipping around them as the green circled to land. Releasing the greenrider, only just then realizing just how tightly he’d been holding on, and sliding to the ground, he nodded to Isperinath, “Yes, I did, thank you, you lovely creature.” He bowed low to her, grinning, and meaning the gratitude he offered.

“Yes, stew and wine. The headwoman here usually has a lovely stew ready at any hour. I don’t know what she does to it, but it’s delicious and addictive.” He led the way up to the station to pass off his message pouch, which he belatedly thought to check and make sure it was all still there after the trip between. That done, the two headed to the dining hall, where there was food, more wine, and Faranth, some music!

“Yes, I have family at Benden Weyr. My lady and ou—her daughter.” He smiled thinking of them, the images of their smiles warming him as much as wine would. “I’m out Running to hopefully earn enough marks for a token…call me crazy, but I, uh, I plan to ask her to handfast soon. I’d like to have a proper token to ask her, and I’m working on building a small, sort-of hold…I know her home is the Weyr, but we hold and craft folk have to be able to offer something if we ask to handfast…” He greeted the headwoman and she waved them toward an empty table where two bowls of stew and a couple of cups were brought to them. “She’s a candidate there, and Zarel will be too, once she’s of age.”

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Je'ler's stomach grumbled in anticipation of food as he followed along next to the runner as they went to handle his business. He remembered before he'd been kidnapped needing to use their services once.. he thought. He'd mostly kept to his own business back then and his circle of friends had been nearby and easy to get a hold of without needing someone else to play messenger boy.

"Ah a family man then? Or you want to be. If she's a candidate she'll be more devoted to her dragon than she is to you, they're needy things you know. Romance is always an awful idea with dragonriders. Probably with anyone if I'm being honest. Oh, but if that's what you think you really want don't let me tell you what to do or how to live your life."

Ignore him, he's just sour about the topic. He gets... touchy about such things, Isper said to Alekse before giving her rider a flash of annoyance at his negativity and rudeness to their new acquaintance. Je'ler rolled his eyes in response. "Isper thinks I'm being an ass, but I'm just hungry. Don't mind me. You do what makes you happy, Alekse."

He hungrily devoured the stew once it was brought to him, and pulled out yet another flask of wine to pour into their cups. "Try this one, added some berries into it, bit of honey for a touch of added sweetness. It's one of my current experiments. So, she's a candidate, trying to get a nice gold dragon I'm assuming, and you want to build a little cothold sort of thing of your own? That sounds interesting, I've only ever helped to build a hut or two back in the day. Have you ever been up close to a gold dragon? They're mostly enormous, make Isper look like a tiny thing."

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Alekse laughed, nodding in some measure of agreement. “She’ll be as devoted to her dragon as I to my Craft. I’m seldom at one place for long anyway, I doubt that a standard ‘romance’ would end well for me. All I ask is that we make a little time for each other when I’m in the area.” He shrugged in a casual gesture of ‘whatever will be, will be’, and chuckled at the green’s comment, followed by her rider’s answer to it. He thought about commenting on the rider’s aversion to the idea, but decided against it. He only just met the man, and therefore had no room to speak to him on it. He also didn’t want to sour the good time they seemed to be having.

The stew didn’t last long, and bowls were quickly emptied, as were their cups. Je’ler produced another flask. It was sweet, but not overly so, and the brightness that reminded him of summer was a welcome reprieve from the chill winter outside. He licked his lips, very much enjoying the drink. “That’s good. I’d say your experiment is going well, Je’ler.” He raised his glass toward the man before taking another deep, savoring swig.

“I think she’d be pleased with anything, though she’s actually hoping for a fighter like your lovely green lady. Which is just as well for me, the largest dragon I’ve encountered personally was a good-sized blue. Even he’d be a lot to oil…” he shook his head at that, finding the idea of caring for a dragon just a bit daunting. “I’m converting an old Threadshelter that got left behind when the nearby Runner trace was rerouted. That leg of the Run is now about a quarter mile north, leaving that small outbuilding and the surrounding hillside free for the taking. Nothing special, but it’ll be a place I can offer for her, her daughter, and if either Impress, their dragons, to get away to every so often, if they’d like.” Je’ler topped off their cups again, shards, the wine was delightful, and some fresh bread was brought, and they both eagerly broke off some of the loaf. A thought came to him and he brightened. “Anything you would recommend to make it a bit more welcome for weyrfolk or dragons?”

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Je'ler nodded as he finished his stew and slouched back in his chair with a pleasantly full belly. "So long as you don't let yourself forget and get too attached you'll probably be fine." At least he hoped the man would be fine. He still didn't think it was a very good idea, but with some food in him and some warmth back in his bones he was feeling a bit more restrained about sharing his thoughts on the matter. Maybe Isper had been right and he had been a little cranky.

He grinned at the compliment paid to his wine and lifted his cup for a long sip himself. "Glad you like it. I have a few traditional wines I make, but I just have to try something new every now and then. Maybe if Isper and I see you out and about again we'll stop by so you can sample some more wine. It's important to stay warm, especially in this awful weather."

He took another drink as he listened to the man go on again about his family before topping their drinks off. "A place to get away to is fine and good, and hopefully you can get it fixed up nice enough. Welcoming... hm." Je'ler turned so he could kick his feet up on a nearby empty chair as he thought. "Enough room for a dragon to move around comfortably inside, lots of food, lots of warmth. Isper hogs the whole fireplace when I light it, hardly leaves any room for me to get in there."

Je'ler let his thoughts wander a bit as he thought about what Isperinath would demand from a bespoke home. "Probably room for extra dragon company and dragon snuggles. A nice ledge to sun on. Musicians to sing the worst romantic ballads.... at least that's what Isper would want. She's needy though, especially after her flights. Your lady told you about those right? Or you at least have heard about them?"

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Alekse nodded, brow furrowed in thought. Room enough for a dragon…The hillside behind the building could probably be carved away. It would certainly take much time and work, but it was doable. Then he could extend some kind of roofing from the hillside to meet the building. That would take a Turn or more to complete, especially if he were to use stone as per tradition, but it would be possible.

The idea of a dragon requesting musicians sent him into more lighthearted laughter. “I didn’t realize dragons liked music!” He shook his head. There was still so much to learn and take in when it came to being around dragons and the Weyr, he thought with a small bit of amazement, but his mood darkened somewhat when the subject of Flights came up…

The wine sat bitterly on his tongue and he swallowed loudly as he recalled the discussion he and Zahrah had regarding the subject. “Yes, we’ve discussed them. ‘Dragon decides, rider complies.’ It’s understood between us, and I wouldn’t expect her to do anything, or, resist anything, if it would cause harm to her dragon. They have needs as well as we do.” A thought occurred to him and he felt a wicked smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. The conversation had been cut short with Zahrah due to some interruption or another, but he figured, why not ask this rider? He leaned forward conspiratorially, “If I happen to be around at that time, I might get a bit of something extra myself afterwards? Lingering effects? Or is that completely off-base?” He sat back and held up a hand. “I don’t want to seem crass, or break some dragonrider creed, and of course the dragon comes first in their needs…but please, forgive a simple Craft man for being a bit curious…”

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

"Some dragons like music, they're each a bit particular in their own way. Some of them love to socialize or love other people, others hate everyone and want nothing but to be left alone. Some are even clingier then Isper is," Je'ler said with a snort. "Though maybe pushy is a better word for her..."

He watched Alekse curiously for a moment as his tone took a darker shift. At least he understood that flights would happen, or at least he thought he did. There was probably no way to know how he'd react and feel until the time came. Je'ler certainly hadn't known how he would take to Isper's flights at first. He grinned at the followup question, letting out a laugh before leaning in. "That depends on the flight. Gold flights are stronger, those shiny ladies can get everyone going if they're in that big a mood. And I mean everyone not just the boys trying to chase after her. Greens can make people feel a little horny but it's usually pretty easy to ignore if you're not involved."

Je'ler took a long sip of his wine as he thought about if Isperinath left him in a lingering mood or not, and that usually depended on who had won her and how cuddly she was trying to be. "Sometimes I'm too exhausted for another round after Isper has her fun, other times I'm in still ready for more by the time I snap out of it. Then of course it all depends on if she kills the mood or not. Oh, just be careful if you're going to try to linger nearby on purpose. Losers sometimes get really... grabby. If you catch my drift." Not that Je'ler usually minded such things, but he figured someone less familiar to Weyr life would probably be a bit more surprised.

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

The way Je’ler made it sound, those flights could be intense…but others in the Weyr being affected, too? And the losers…oh. He snorted into his cup, coughing on the drink.

“Grabby, huh?” Alekse lifted an eyebrow, unsure exactly what he thought of that. If Zahrah having to participate in mating flights was a mandatory side effect of Impressing, he’d be more than happy to snag some post-flight fun, but… The more he thought on it the more amusing it became, and the more he understood how that might feel.

A lopsided smirk completed his bemused expression, and he tore off another piece of the forgotten loaf. “Well, if I was expecting to get some, and the opportunity rudely ripped away, I’d be a bit grabby, too. I can only imagine that enhanced by a dragon.” He nodded and shrugged. “I think I’ll take my chances, though. Sounds like it might be worth it.”

He leaned back, lacing his fingers behind his head, giving the green rider a contemplative look. “So, the list of things, so far, between what I’ve learned from you and my girl, include aching in places you forgot exist, insistent dragons, cuddles, grabby losers, a lot of oiling, a lot of food, and music. I think that can be managed…” He reached for his glass again. “Especially if I come across more of your wine. I may have to get a small supply for the cothold…” He held it up in a small salute. “Cheers, to the love of dragons, whatever that may entail.”

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Je'ler laughed. "It can definitely be a fun time." He slouched back in his chair a moment, taking another sip of wine as he eyed Alekse thoughtfully. "I'm sure some riders would be happy enough to snatch you up as well, so you'll probably have a few options if you ever wanted to fool around there."

He was glad Isper had spotted the runner, the food had been delicious, and so far the company was grand. They'd have to take the occasional detour to scan the traces for him every now and then for more conversation and drinking, even if it meant offering the man a shortcut to his next destination. Je'ler lifted his own glass as well. "Cheers to that. If you really want to take advantage of the flight lust then hopefully your girl gets herself a nice frisky green that courts boys who don't want second rounds. Give you a nice chance to sneak in there."

Another sip of wine managed to drown out another chuckle. "Shame you weren't weyrbred, you'd probably have your own dragon by now and be able to give chase yourself. Unless you were a fine and dandy greenrider too of course. But meh," he gave the notion a dismissive idea. "You seem to have your own things in hand enough to not need a dragon lording over your life. Next time I'm out this way I'll keep an eye out for you, and I'll bring some more wine with me. You just have to have more stew to trade, or at least some fun stories. Sound fair?"

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

A faraway look crossed his face momentarily as he thought about a dragon of his own…would he have a dragon if he were weyrbred? A feisty green or dashing blue, maybe a strapping brown or bronze? Handsome, who had taken up a post in the rafters above, chirruped in piteous inquiry as the idea of sharing his mind with a much larger, more intelligent creature crossed Alekse’s mind, and Alekse soothed the little firelizard with a reassuring thought. Truth be told, he wouldn’t mind it, having a dragon… He shook his head with a small smile. He was content on the traces, though. “You are right, I’ve got plenty to do as it is. But it is an interesting thought…”

Alekse laughed at the greenrider’s proposed exchange. “I think that can be arranged.” He’d enjoyed this chance meeting. With the return of dragons to the north, they were more and more common in the skies, and if others were anything like the few he’d met, like Je’ler, R’dal, that delightful sweet whirling pair…he was glad of the return. Granted, he hadn’t been on the traces long when they disappeared initially, but it was good to have them. “Feel free to stop me on the traces if you see me, I’m always up for stories and good wine.”

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)