World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 741.12.11 | Nauseating News
10am | T'ryn

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Why are you worried? Yanth is excited about the eggs, T'ryn will be too! Malvayth didn't quite understand why Cazan was so agitated, this was a good and wonderful thing after all! Her rider had won her own game! You should be proud that you won! You have your own big brown daddy too... except... not so big? Or brown... you have a good daddy! Can we not talk about this at all right now? What if he doesn't want to be a daddy?! Cazan paced around her weyr, blanket pulled snugly around her shoulders. She wasn't sure if she was upset, terrified... or anything else really. She was still reeling from her visit with Sariel and didn't know what to do.

Hopefully T'ryn wouldn't be worried about the letter she'd sent, a very brief, "Not feeling well, visit as soon as you can?" Hopefully he wouldn't be upset when he got there. But what if he was excited and happy? Why was that option just as terrifyingly stomach churning? Caz waited until her stomach had settled again so she could nibble on a piece of cracker. She wasn't even sure how to tell him. Congratulations? Surprise? What the fuck are we going to do?

Cazan poured herself a fresh cup of mint tea to help keep her stomach settled at least. Then, thinking that maybe T'ryn might need something to help calm his own nerves, she went to fetch the container labeled "relax" from by her bed to set on the table. That would probably be a bit nicer than the regular tea she had... it would certainly help her break the news. She started brewing some, so focused on the task she didn't even notice T'ryn walk in until he said something, causing her to nervously jump as she spun about.

The tea and all of her worries were momentarily abandoned as she rushed over to hug him as tightly as she could. "I missed you and I'm sorry for the short letter I'm just..." there was a flood of nausea and she swayed for a moment, hand moving to cover her mouth before she fled to the bathroom.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
The fact that Cazan still wasn’t feeling well and wanted him to visit as soon as he could had T’ryn ditching any plans he had that day. This wasn’t the first time she had been unwell over the last several weeks and T’ryn was close to bringing a healer with him. Maybe he’d get Syrendryth to hunt one down for him if Cazan confirmed she still hadn’t found the time. They had shrugged it off as bad food or a stomach bug but he was getting worried now. Instead he took a deep breath—at his dragon’s insistence—and ran around to put together a care package to bring with him.

He didn’t think he was being stealthy when he entered her weyr and greeted Cazan but T’ryn frowned and then smiled at her startled reaction that resulted in a tight squeezing hug. He returned it, though on the lighter side since she wasn’t feeling well—and then was glad he did so when Cazan was suddenly breaking free with the intent to vomit. Not usually the reaction a man wanted from his girlfriend but at least she had warned she was sick.

He gave her a bit of privacy though instinct was to go and comfort her. He busied himself with checking on the water he saw boiling on the fire, removing it a minute later, though he wasn’t sure what tea Cazan was making. He saw the mint and the tin she had been holding when he arrived. Mint was probably better for her stomach and that was steeping by the time Cazan returned.

“Hey,” he greeted her again, this time taking her hands in his and kissing her forehead. At least she didn’t seem feverish. “I brought some freshly between-chilled juice and slices of fruit, an extra shirt so you can steal this one and snuggle with it when I eventually have to go back to Telgar, and a completely unhelpful right now but maybe later cookies that I got from C’dhin before coming here. He said they’re pretty light so they might sit well. Oh, and I made mint tea. Sit, I’ll bring it to you.”

T’ryn quickly grabbed the mug and brought it over to the couch, sitting down beside Cazan, letting her settle in against him however was comfortable for her in the moment.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

It was always so wonderful when T'ryn visited. At some point Cazan had thought she would get used to this, that her heart wouldn't give a happy little flutter every time she settled in next to her boyfriend to cuddle, but even now it still did as she took a long soothing sip of her tea and leaned against him. She took a long deep breath to try to steady her nerves before setting her drink down on the little table. At least he was here now. As long as T'ryn was there he'd help her figure something out. He was just so good and kind and wonderful in every way, he'd even brought cookies and fruit! She didn't deserve him.

And that was why for a brief moment she hated him as she scowled and hissed under her breath. "You're too nice... now I'll eat all the cookies in one sitting as soon as my stomach feels up for it and then I'll really be sick." She wrapped her arms around him and buried her face against him for a moment so that she could quietly seethe. "If you were less wonderful I wouldn't be so worried about you leaving because I'm getting fat."

Even in her unreasonable state Cazan knew she wasn't making much sense. Malvayth's confusion was helping to throw that into perspective at least. Cazan thought about it and realized she shouldn't be upset with T'ryn because he was wonderful. She should be upset with him because he had put a terrifying thing inside of her. Which... she had actively and enthusiastically participated in. She sighed. "I finally saw a healer... because Helyna was being a terrible-" no that wasn't fair, she thought to herself in a moment of clarity, "good friend. Terrible and good at the same time. I'm probably going to be sick for a while longer, and I'm definitely going to get fatter. And I'm scared and I don't want you to go."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“I’ll help you eat them,” he whispered back, a smile tugging at his mouth and holding her close. Cazan was being adorable right then; a bit angry, a bit appreciative, a bit pouty. Even her comment about getting fat was more amusing than concerning. Cazan really wasn’t the sort to care that much about her appearance and T’ryn didn’t think he had ever given her reason to believe he did either. He certainly complimented her regularly and worshipped her body but he’d never called her fat nor would he start. “You’re not fat, Zanny.”

But his protest and list of reasons of why she was perfect in that moment died when she continued talking and made him one very confused bronzerider. T’ryn tightened his hold on her as confusion became fear. How sick was she? What kind of illness lasted so long and made you gain weight? Why hadn’t he heard of such a thing before? You have, Syrendryth sighed as T’ryn still didn’t figure out what was going on before elaborating, Malvayth is about to burst from excitement. She keeps— Syrendryth was cut off by an accurately described gold dragon congratulating him on winning his own game.

T’ryn was still confused and felt like he’d get a headache if he tried to decipher both Cazan and Malvayth at the same time but the dragon continued on pointing out he would make an excellent daddy.

A… what now?

A father. Your girlfriend is pregnant.

Right. Good to know he heard correctly.

“Cazan… are you saying you’re pregnant?” He looked down at her, trying to gauge her reaction to discovering the news herself but if he was being honest, she wasn’t taking it well. She was sick, she thought she was getting fat, and now worried he would leave. T’ryn didn’t have to ask her to know how much of an inconvenience this would be for leatherworking and that there wasn’t time for being pregnant. He could agree with that and that he hadn’t planned on being a dad for a while yet but the idea was already starting to grow on him because it was with Cazan.

“Where do you think I’d go? I don’t think I’d ever be able to leave you. I’m a bit overwhelmed and maybe a bit scared at the moment but I’m also happy that if I’m going to have a kid that I’m having one with you.”

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

The burst of pure joy from Malvayth as she congratulated the bronzerider and compared him to her own brown daddy made Cazan groan, trying to cover her face even more. She certainly didn't feel like a winner right then, no matter what her dragon kept trying to say. You didn't realize you were a winner when I found you either, Mal said a little more gently once she realized that Cazan was still quite upset. The last thing she needed on top of all this was an agitated gold so she relented before Mal could start spiraling down into a bad mood. It's different, but thank you for trying to be encouraging.

When Cazan heard T'ryn's ask her directly if she was pregnant she nodded, and unsure of what else to say she just said, "Surprise." What else was she supposed to say? That even if she had remembered the whole thing with going between, Mal hated the thought of her riding other dragons right now while she was grounded?

T'ryn kept talking then, and her grip on the man tightened. She gritted her teeth, becoming angry that she was about to cry again as she sniffled. "You could go anywhere, I'm sure Sy would take you." Cazan let out a shaky breath as she continued to fight with her own emotions. She really didn't deserve the man, but she knew she wanted to keep him for as long as she could. She nodded, her voice hoarse as she agreed. "I'm glad it's with you too... why couldn't you have been a Lord so that my mother could obsess over you instead of Yf--"

Oh no. OH NO. Cazan froze, her hands clenching tightly around fistfuls of T'ryn's shirt. "Oh fuck... oh fuck... Yfris..." She'd certainly had her share of fun with the man. And then there was the flight with G'nen... "Or G'nen or Kor'is... wait... he's recent I don't know if he's too recent?" What had Sariel told her? She was probably a couple months along now at least... so not Kor'is. She shook her head. "No, too recent. But... fuck!"

She whispered frantically, "I hope it's yours... but what if it isn't? Wait... Mal seems confident... do dragons know that sort of thing?" Mal! Why do you keep saying T'ryn is the daddy? Malvayth's voice was bright and cheery as she answered, Because he's the one you have the most fun with! So he's the winner! Cazan turned bright crimson at the declaration. "No... no she doesn't know at all..."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

There had been a time when he wished he was a Lord as well, feeling connected to the way of life he saw at his aunt’s and the way he had assumed relationships worked in Holds. But he wouldn’t have Syrendryth and he probably wouldn’t have met Cazan because his luck swung from one extreme to the other and somehow they wouldn’t cross paths at the right time. But maybe they could still convince her mother he was from a good line and he was a good match for Cazan despite where he was actually born.

But that thought was abruptly ended when Cazan started freaking out about Yfris… and G’nen… and Kor’is. He’d forgotten about her lovers and winner and winced slightly. At this point, T’ryn just found it funny how his words of encouragement to have fun had been followed and he didn’t mind. He especially didn’t mind that she had lovers now that he was sneaking around with Zelana. But in that moment, he was strongly reminded of the chance that two of them could also be vying for title of father and how he was at fault for all of it regardless.

What if he wasn’t the father? What if he was? T’ryn was still wavering on a thin point of figuring out where he sat on the issue. He was terrified, not at all ready to be a dad! This wasn’t a part of any plans he had for the next several years at least, but like he told his wonderful girlfriend, he was happy the surprise was with her. If he had to plan children into his life, they would be done with Cazan at his side. But if the baby wasn’t his but one of her lovers? He stayed silent as he thought, happy to hold Cazan and let her know he was still there and not running away even with those men mentioned. Finally, “it doesn’t matter, Cazan. I’ll be the father to that baby no matter who the actual one is.”

Then he sighed and added softly, “I’m so sorry, Cazan. This is my fault. When I was with Ca…sual lover, she had trips between sorted out on her own,” damn Zelly for making Casa’s name so easy on his tongue again when talking about sex! But he doubted Cazan would notice anything amiss with her current distraught state. “And then when we started having sex, I knew your between classes were starting soon and then the Flight happened so I figured Malvayth would at least be okay with Yanth taking you on trips. I should have asked. I should have clarified. I should have talked with Mal so she would understand.” So many should haves that he couldn’t change now and T’ryn waited for the anger that he deserved.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan hated that T'ryn was so quiet. No, not hated, she thought to herself. She just didn't like it right then. She didn't like that she couldn't read his mind, that she was left with only her own thoughts and an insane dragon happily babbling about winning games. But he was still there, still holding her, so that was at least something. Hopefully he wasn't just trying to think of a way to escape, planning some sort of tactical retreat back to Syrendryth and back to Telgar where he only had to worry about dragon babies.

The thought was ridiculous enough it almost made her laugh. At least she remembered to breathe, though it turned into a soft sobbing hiccup as T'ryn finally responded. "Sorry... I'm sorry for crying. I shouldn't cry. I love you and you're wonderful."

Maybe it didn't matter how Mal had come to the answer, but for now it seemed she was right... T'ryn would make a wonderful daddy. Cazan ignored the gold's jubilant I told you so! and relaxed her grip on his shirt. "You didn't have to do any of those things... it's not your fault." She shook her head, stifling a small bitter laugh as she said, "well I hope it's your fault... but I knew those thing too. We had classes, N'reh told me about things and I'd just... forgotten. I forgot those things applied, and I was too busy with everything else to want to care. And Mal is being very possessive right now as far as other dragons go. If she can't fly, then I can't fly either. I didn't want to keep bribing her with firelizards."

Cazan gently lifted her head just enough to let it thunk back against T'ryn. "You're going to be a dad," for some reason that was so much easier to say than admit she was going to be a mother. She was terrified that she'd only keep making things worse, it was bad enough to throw her own life into disarray, but now she was going to be messing things up for an entire tiny person who was going to need her. "I don't even know what to do... or where to begin. And I think this might delay my move to Telgar."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“You’re not going to let me have any guilt about this, are you?” T’ryn gave a small chuckle as Cazan brushed away his apologies and confession that he messed up. He was still going to wallow in some anyway, knowing he did seem to have a habit of forgetting to offer to take his lovers on trips. After forgetting until almost two days after the first Flight with Mulrissa, T’ryn remembered with her but he assumed far too much still and maybe that was partly due to being with Casa for too long. He’d have to go visit Zelana soon and make sure she had plans already in place, especially if she was sleeping with his brother now.

“I’m going to be a dad… saying it that way really does make it real, huh?” Maybe the shock was just wearing off and he was realising how much everything would change. It seemed Cazan was starting to feel that way as well and T’ryn felt worse about it all. She was just getting over a rough year of surprises from Impressing and now she was pregnant. And not moving to Telgar as soon as they had expected. Well damn.

“You’re worth the wait, Cazan. But I’ll visit more regularly now that Bedith isn’t on the Sands and Syrendryth isn’t as moody and we’ll move you as soon as we’re allowed.” How young was too young for going between? “Maybe we can fly the long way while you’re still pregnant?” Assuming Cazan could still mount up at that point. T’ryn added that to a mental list he was building on things to look into. He had a limited amount of time to research being parents after all. And what about living arrangements? Her move to Telgar was going to be into her own weyr so they could be closer but have their own space still. Was that still ideal? He new weyr was larger so it could work but the weyr on the other side of him was vacant. Would he be allowed to chip away at a wall and make a door? They were in an odd situation where his dragon was mated to the Weyrwoman but he was dating another goldrider and her dragon would find her own mate one day. More space would be needed.

His head was spinning from the ideas and trying to solve all the issues he was making before knowing enough so he finally gave up on specifics and blurted out, “I love you, Zanny, and we’ll make this all work and I’ll figure out the logistics of it all soon, I promise.”

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"You can have some guilt. This is your fault. I wouldn't be pregnant if you hadn't stopped by for those pants... wouldn't have had fun with you at your party, wouldn't have been hungover and given you that blowjob... wouldn't have bothered having that sort of fun with anyone. Probably wouldn't have Mal either." It was a stretch, but if she could put her finger on any inciting incident it was probably those pants. Pants that she'd made too powerful in her hubris.

Cazan quietly listened as T'ryn reassured her, knowing that he was already formulating plans. At least he didn't seem too upset about the delay in the move, and hopefully Syrendryth would be more willing to give them more time together for now. She thought about the long flight that he proposed, unsure if she'd even be up for it. She'd ridden Sprink on long endurance rides before and that wasn't so easy as just sitting on a horse. From riding Mal she knew it wouldn't be as jostling once the gold settled in to her glides, but could she pull it off while she was pregnant? She honestly wasn't sure, but she'd be willing to try. If she could even go. "I still need to do between lessons. I could ask G'nen about it though... he might let me do them elsewhere."

Though she wasn't sure how he'd feel about the reason for the delay. What if the baby was his? Would he want to be involved even if T'ryn was willing to raise the child as his own? She wasn't even sure how Yfris would feel... though she suspected he would not want anything to do with it. She could already hear her mother in her head, talking about how it was probably the lordling's and just another sign that they should get married. The woman would probably even be so audacious as to say it was just proof she could give him an heir and try to use it as a bargaining chip to push.

"What if it's someone else's and they want to be involved? What if my mother... do I even have to tell her at all?" Cazan sighed and sank a bit until she was lying down and using T'ryn as a pillow. "I should probably warn Yfris... and tell G'nen."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“I’m guilty of all of that,” T’ryn agreed, finding it true if they really thought about it. Mostly. He recalled Cazan had wanted to go to that Hatching anyway because she—as her brother—had told Katiryn she’d go and support her. So technically, Cazan would have likely still been there for Malvayth to find. She was meant for that particular gold dragon, no ways around it. But T’ryn would take the blame for the path that they did wander down. It had been a fun journey and even now with this bump, he suspected it still would be.

“I forgot about the between classes and that you can’t do them until our baby is born,” T’ryn groaned and set to thinking about that some more. The baby would be due around month six or seven? He’d ask for clarification later on but that timeline worked either way since Bedith Flew around then as well. He didn’t want Cazan still in Fort since he and Syrendryth would have their own ladies to look after and it would add to the stress. However… “If you can make the long flight and G’nen and the leaderships allow it… Bedith’s current class graduates month ten so you could join them when they start their between training. It wouldn’t really put anyone out with special classes. Just one extra body in class. I’ll even offer to assist if they need or want it.” There were still a lot of people to get approval from but T’ryn was confident the idea could work and he smiled down at Cazan as she settled into his lap.

He ran his fingers lightly through her hair as he thought about the new batch of worries. What if one of her lovers wanted to be involved? He had already stated he would raise the kid as his own even if it wasn’t his so what if one of them felt the same way for some reason or it really was their child? He sighed, hating not having answers. “I don’t know Yfris that well but I doubt he’ll want anything to do with this and I really don’t know G’nen so I can’t say what I think he’d do. Some dragonriders don’t mind giving responsibility to someone else so it’s not always a big deal. And… as terrified as I bet we’ll be for a while, I think we’ll be amazing parents together. G’nen can be an uncle that visits regularly if he wants. I have a feeling my brothers will be that way as well.” Wynera would probably love to help out while Mylorah and Casa would be the fun and wild aunts that blew through, spoiling the kid and then just as quickly left before the responsibility became contagious and grabbed them.

He laughed as thinking about her lovers and Yfris’ likely aversion to children brought up something else that might help cheer her up. “Hey, think of the pregnancy this way; you’re already pregnant with my baby,” he emphasised it to really make sure Cazan believed he was happy to be a dad and would accept the child no matter what, “so now any fun you have is completely worry-free. Enjoy yourself, Zanny, and in the future, we’ll be better prepared for Flights and regular trips.”

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"That might work... and then Kor'is won't get to complain about having to help tutor me if I just get to join in a regular class. I'll ask him later, or see if Malvayth can butter up her mom to convince the Weyrwoman it's a good idea. Maybe it'll help if I offer to make her another mask in a different color... or a puppet for her tail." The masks had been a surprising hit, and the dragons had enjoyed wearing them for their story telling sessions. It didn't matter if the flying was rough, or if she had to take regular breaks in order to make the trip, but Cazan was confident that she and Mal could make it. She just needed everyone else to agree to it too.

"Helpful relatives would be nice... maybe your siblings can just kidnap the baby on occasion." She sighed as she stretched up to give him a soft kiss. "I'm not sure if I'll be any good at parenting, but at least I'll have you to help me."

Cazan settled back into the cuddle, starting to finally calm down a bit from her initial panic. It was still a stressful situation to think about, still a little distressing to think of how her work would be impacted, and worried she'd be an awful mother. But now she was a potentially awful mother with some plans, even if most of those plans had been provided by T'ryn. At least she could distract herself a little bit better though as she considered the other men in her life. "I think Yfris would avoid wanting anything to do with the baby if he could help it... unless it gave him some way to avoid something he considered to be a worse option. I don't know what his parents have planned for him after this engagement falls through. You know he keeps pestering me for a threesome with you. Kor'is mentioned he'd be willing to have you along as well. You're a very popular man you know."

She snorted then, chuckling softly. "I have to tease Kor'is about having a pregnant woman fetish."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn was working on the issue of her mom and the engagement and whether she’d even have to know about the pregnancy until months after the child was born and was clearly his. He was hoping for very blonde and blue eyes anyway. Yfris and G’nen lacked those traits so it’d help if the kid took after him—especially if it was a boy since the males in his family seemed to take after R’nd quite a bit so perhaps it would continue on through him.

He made some sort of noise he thought fit the moment to make it seem like he was fully listening despite still being behind in the conversation. But then his brain caught up and T’ryn faltered as he tried to come up with something to say. “I uh I didn’t know. Why am I popular?” Especially with men. Other than N’mor, he’d never really considered being with a man and didn’t think he had led anyone on. He let people like Yfris have their fun and flirt with him but he didn’t encourage it or make it seem like it would go anywhere, did he? And then there was the list of names Casa had gathered for him once. She was tired of girls asking her how she got him to notice her so she made the list and told him to do something about them. T’ryn never did except blush at some of the names on there.

“Anyway,” T’ryn didn’t know what else to say to the two invites and latched onto the other kink in question, “you should probably tease me about that fetish as well because I better be one of those men you have fun with in the coming months,” he teased and gently ran his fingers down her arm and across her chest in a ghost of a touch. “But I fully support you teasing Kor’is in any way you think of. I’m glad you two are getting along.” He left off the ‘told you so’ part that the bluerider wasn’t too bad if you found common ground with him. T’ryn hadn’t been expecting it to be sex but there would be less tension when they got together with Mylorah and Tazikel now and Cazan was happier when it came to dealing with the punishment that didn’t seem much like one anymore.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"You're popular because you're a very handsome man, and because you've got a good heart and you're wonderful. I'm surprised you don't have more than just one secret lover." Cazan tilted her head to give him a kiss to punctuate the statement. At least she didn't have to worry about his other woman ever stealing him away. He'd been seeing her since before they'd even met and yet here he was, still hers. Still hers, still here, and now they were having a baby together.

If he ever asked her to she'd stop seeing the other men, but even now he was just so encouraging, wanting to make sure she had fun. He'd even brought up the fact that she couldn't become more pregnant so at least she didn't have to worry about that. Cazan smiled up at him. "I don't know... you were sleeping with me before I was pregnant. He only started afterwards. But... I know I'm going to want you in my bed. Or on my couch." She paused, feeling positively scandalous as she whispered, "Or on my work bench."

Maybe the pregnancy was why she'd been feeling so pent up lately? It certainly had affected her mood in more negative ways as well. She tried not to let herself get distracted thinking about it too much so she changed the subject back to the bluerider. "I am glad we're getting along better too. He's an excellent artist you know. Mal loves the piece he painted for her. Maybe when he moves to Telgar I can convince him to paint some more to decorate the weyr... however we end up doing that." So long as she had T'ryn close by she knew she'd be happy, even if she was constantly spending the night in his weyr or having him spend the night in hers. She wasn't sure how Syrendryth would handle sharing a ledge with Malvayth.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“I wasn’t fishing for compliments, just so we’re clear,” T’ryn mumbled, giving a playful sulk that was trying not to turn into a smile. He really hadn’t been but it was nice to hear people thought such things about him. He thought about explaining that some other women had apparently tried to get his attention but he didn’t want to sound like he was bragging or turn the conversation onto him when it had been about them as a couple or Cazan whom he loved talking about. “Why, goldrider Cazan… are you trying to seduce me with talks of your work bench?” It reminded T’ryn of the early days of their attraction with them both confused for differing reasons and then lightly fooling around when she wasn’t glued to her work.

“Don’t stress about the details. I’ll work on that and see what you think about them,” he promised. T’ryn didn’t want to make any final decisions when it impacted Cazan as much as it did him but if he could find something that could work and get it approved by the leadership, he’d ask her what she thought of it before fully committing to it. He didn’t want to get her hopes up more than he may have already with the ideas of moving right after the Hatching may have done.

“But Kor’is is moving as well?” That honestly made some of his issues easier to work with. He’d worried they would need a third bedroom so Cazan could entertain a lover but if Kor’is was moving as well, they could stay in his weyr. He could also happen to visit Ista at those times and see what Zelly was up to. Except there would eventually be a child they both couldn’t abandon. But uncle K’dar still lived in Telgar and grandpa R’nd—T’ryn almost burst out laughing as he thought of his dad’s reaction to the news.

“I just thought about dad’s reaction to becoming a grandfather. I kind of want to wait until you’re with me to tell him so you can enjoy his expression as well but I think I’ll tell them all at once at the family dinner coming up. I wish you could come again. It’s technically the one year anniversary of my first date with the sister of this leathercrafter I know. She can’t hold her liquor but she’s exquisite in a dress under the moonlight on my ledge.” She truly was a sight to behold and T’ryn was charmed by Cazan in a dress as much as he had been by Cazan disguised as her brother. So much so that he didn’t want to do anything untoward to her that night and walked her home before visiting Casa’s bed instead.

“She’s also pretty amazing at blowjobs.” Maybe he was attracted to men. Cazan as Cazelarias had given him one of the best blowjobs he’d ever had before some pretty heated kissing that left T’ryn thinking about it far too much. Was it just an attraction to Cazan? Maybe he’d be willing to invite Kor’is or Yfris along to play sometime and see what it did for him.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan couldn't help the bit of color that flooded into her cheeks as T'ryn accused her of trying to seduce him. She wondered for a moment if he'd ever stop having this sort of effect on her, she felt like she should be used to his attraction by now, but it was still so easy for him to just leave her melting and feeling like some sort of silly infatuated girl.

"I'll try not to worry too much, I trust you. I just don't want to feel like I've completely upended your life... even if I did at least a little." Cazan still felt a little bad about the timing of all of this. It was bad enough with Mal flying, but now this as well? If it could have been just one or the other this would have been much so much easier. At least she had T'ryn and all of his support. And probably Kor'is with his own brand of friendship. He would most definitely give her shit. Yfris would probably try to give her drugs or something.

She nodded and gestured vaguely in the direction of the sands where Mal was lounging. "Mal really wanted Taith to come so they've both been pushing for it. I only know he agreed because she was so excited about it. She loves her brother."

There was a brief flareup of worry when he mentioned telling everyone at the party. Cazan wanted to go and be there, but she also was glad that she wouldn't be in case everyone decided they hated her. She was going to say as much when he started talking about her and she blushed again, fighting the urge to giggle softly. "I think I remember hearing about that. Though I thought it was her brother that gave the blowjob. At least that was the rumor."

Cazan shifted her weight so she could wrap her arms around his neck and pull him into a long passionate kiss. She murmured softly against his lips, "I'm so glad I have you. I never want you to go. Even if things are scary right now."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“Well, maybe he did but I think his sister rivals him,” T’ryn replied with a grin as he leaned into the kiss. Even though the real Cazelarias had never even held his hand, T’ryn’s mind was playing with him thanks to his time in a closet with Zelana and talking about siblings. He’d never ask Cazan to bring her brother into their bed, though, and he’d never make a move on Cazelarias on his own either. His memories of what he did with Cazan were odd enough without any added twists.

“Scary is exactly why I’m staying,” he promised. It was a little less scary to think about being parents when he knew he was doing it with Cazan. But he also never wanted her to think he’d only be around for the good times and vanish when things got rough. Malvayth had been a rough part and T’ryn was convinced Cazan would hate him and blame him in those early days but she had been too overwhelmed to do more than sleep and keep Malvayth calm. He helped her through raising an unexpected baby dragon and he’d do that now with the unexpected baby human.

Sy? Do you think you and Bedith would be okay doing the reverse of what we did while she was on the Sands? Can we stay here for a few days and then head back to Telgar and come back? T’ryn felt Syrendryth mull over the poorly worded idea—he never claimed to be good at words and thinking when Cazan’s lips were anywhere on his body.

That is a fair trade. You allow me time with my mate and put your own happiness aside for others too much. T’ryn loved his dragon. Syrendryth had an opinion on everyone they ever crossed paths with but he was still considerate in his own way—at least for T’ryn.

“Sy’s willing to give us more time together for the next few months. I’ll spend a few days here and go back to Telgar for a day or two to catch up on anything I missed there and let Sy be with his dragon wife and then come back again for a few days and repeat. If you will have me, that is.” He didn’t want to crowd her but he didn’t want to leave Cazan alone with whatever pregnancy would throw at her.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan pressed another soft kiss to his lips before taking a deep calming breath. She nodded; it was nice to hear him say that he was staying, that he wouldn't leave her. She knew they were just words, but they helped serve as reassuring anchors while everything felt insane around her. She was almost embarrassed about how worried she'd been about telling him the news. Because of course he wouldn't abandon her. He was a good man, and he'd be a good father too.

"Wait, he is? You will?" Caz blinked at the idea of him staying for longer, almost surprised that his dragon was willing to be apart from his wife for so long. She was used to being respectful of his needs, and was already grateful that Syrendryth was willing to let T'ryn visit as often as he had. She gave him a tight squeeze. "Of course I'll have you. Please thank him for me. And thank his wife next time you see her too."

She was so happy and relieved that he'd get to be there more often than not, though a different spike of fear shot through her. What if they just started to hate each other from having to be so close all the time? Part of the original plan had been to get her own separate weyr in Telgar so they could take their time. Not that a baby cared about that. Cazan turned to T'ryn and softly added, "I'm sorry if I act irrational and crazy. Just as a warning I have been losing my temper a bit lately." She frowned in embarrassment as she added, "I even called Helyna a baby making whore when she was trying to help me figure out I was pregnant and not just getting fat for no reason."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn laughed at her excitement though he was extremely relived that Cazan wanted him there. He had almost offered to come in a month instead to give her time to warm up to the idea or prepare for him constantly being around but was glad he hadn’t. Thanks, Sy. From both of us. Syrendryth grumbled in reply which T’ryn knew was his dragon’s way of being embarrassed at the attention for doing something so wonderful.

“Irrational and crazy? Isn’t that every day already?” T’ryn laughed as he teased his girlfriend, mumbling that he was joking against her mouth as he pulled her in for another kiss. “No matter what your compliments imply, I’m not perfect and I will probably have deserved anything thrown my way. Words preferably but I’ll be ready to dodge anything else flying at me.” He hadn’t spent much time around anyone that was pregnant and only had rumours and horror stories he knew had to be exaggerations to go off of for the moment. But he had heard about the mood swings and had a feeling he’d be dealing with crying and anger randomly. Hopefully he could handle that and not upset her further with his fumbling.

“I can’t believe you said that to Helyna though. Everything okay between you two now? I don’t mind delivering whatever apology gift I know you’re already making for her.” He knew Cazan well enough to know that she loved her craft and loved gifting items made from it when she wanted to apologise or congratulate or bribe. Even if they had made up in that moment, Cazan would carry some guilt until something more was done.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan gave T'ryn a soft bat of her hand against his chest at the joke. She'd felt a small flare of actual anger at it, but the kiss and apology had quickly soothed that over so she could realize just how ridiculous it all was. "I hope I never actually throw something at you. I don't even want to punch you. We'll just figure it out as we go... I hope. With you here it will probably be a lot better, and now that Kor'is and I are on friendlier terms he can probably help when I'm being unreasonable while you're away." At least she hoped she and the bluerider were on good enough terms for that.

She let out a groan as he brought up Helyna again. "I know... but I said it. Right to her face! She even slapped me for it, which I deserved. I'm pretty sure we're better now but I won't be happy until I finish this corset I'm working on for her... so I'll let you know when that's done to deliver." It was so nice to see the demonstration of how well he knew her when he offered to deliver the gift before she'd mentioned it. It showed how much he cared that he paid attention to those little parts of her life and could anticipate those things.

I told you he would be a good daddy and you didn't have to worry. He won, of course he would care about your eggs. Cazan wanted to roll her eyes but instead she smiled, giving T'ryn another kiss. "Should I start calling you my big bronze daddy? Or would that be too confusing?" She felt Malvayth give a small huff. "Mal almost likes it. She thinks Syrendryth isn't fun enough though."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

“Maybe a bit confusing,” T’ryn replied though he was turning red with embarrassment at the label. His mind tried to keep it clean but it wasn’t working and then the dirty portion of his mind was pulling it in different directions as well. He almost pointed out what he was thinking but decided against it and smiled at Malvayth’s assessment of his dragon. “She’s not wrong. He can have fun but not many see it and it definitely wouldn’t come close to Mal’s definition of the word. He prefers being the stoic and reliable leader.” Which he knew would translate to boring in Malvayth.

“However, you can just call me yours. Or, coming from your lips I suppose it would be ‘mine’. I like that little bit of possessiveness with the my boyfriend or even my big bronze daddy.” Sometimes he had a bite of jealousy over her lovers and it brought out his own possessiveness that needed to remind Cazan that he was her boyfriend with some good sex but now that he had a lover of his own again, he liked hearing those little words to remind him. He’d learned through too much exploring with Casa that a little extra help in managing some fetishes or handling an active libido was needed. He didn’t think he’d ever bring what he now had with Zelly to Cazan and he possibly wouldn’t be able to handle all of her needs she saw tended to by others but they always returned to each other and that was the important part.

“How’s your stomach? I can make you some more tea or go fetch us some lunch. Or,” he pulled her in for another kiss before whispering against her lips, “we can take advantage of that perk of not getting even more pregnant right now and celebrate getting more time together. You can even call me your big bronze daddy while we do so.” He didn’t think the label would work out in the public but T’ryn didn’t think he’d mind hearing it during sex since he had already connected it to the act anyway.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"Well I think he's plenty fun, because he helps to bring you to me." Cazan smiled, not caring that Mal thought he was boring and no fun at all for not humoring her as much as he could. The gold even liked Syrendrith a little bit, and mostly just wished he was a bit more fun to spend time with. "Maybe he'll be a good influence on Mal while he's here. She's been settling down more lately."

She grinned up at T'ryn as he offered a much shorter suggestion. "Mine... I do like that. I also like how I know you're mine even when you're sleeping with your mystery woman. My boyfriend, my T'ryn." Cazan gave him a small kiss before adding, "I just don't want you to feel that I want to smother you or keep you locked up in a cage."

Cazan considered her stomach, but the kiss and the subsequent whisper left her shivering. "I have noticed that I have been in the mood significantly more lately... and more time with you is a very, very good reason to celebrate." She returned the kiss, nibbling on his lower lip. "I can call you my big bronze daddy. Just remember that I'm yours too."

She adjusted so that she could properly straddle his lap, arms wrapped around his neck. "I love you so much. Now let's celebrate."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)