World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 741.12.03 | Stitching for the Future
Helyna & Elloren | 8pm

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
She had two items she was working on - the last of a knitted coat and the pearl beading on a purple-grey velvet gather dress, the hem and bodice marked with scattered pearl beading. The had hand-picked the little pearls for their almost iridescent shine and the purple-grey velvet was handsome against her pale skin and fiery hair. She was so tall, as it was, that making her own things seemed right than always running around in men's clothing, which she liked just as well as anything. The trousers all fit at least and she looked like a feminine version of her brothers. Still, the dress would look well and make her more shapely at least.

And perhaps more comfortable in her body, at that.

The knitting was first and she sat by the warmth of the hearth fire, working away on the last row before she was to cast off. It was gray with pops of green and orange on the cuffs and collar. Thick, too, for the winter chill but it was soft and fluffy and had a hood.

"Tst," she murmured, "back in you go, I shan't undo this row, not when I'm this close. Behave..."

PA - First Post!

Helyna
of Gold Iliyith

Date of Birth
01.01.714, 31
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Brown, trusting
Build
Fit
Hair
Deep brown

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
Wanting a change of scenery and knowing there was almost always fresh klah and something to make a snack of, Helyna packed a few things into her work basket and slipped down to the dining hall. The main meals were over by this point, so it wasn’t likely to be crowded. Still, she was surprised to find she wasn’t the first to have a similar idea as she claimed one of the chairs and drew it closer to the fire to keep her toes warm.

“I find my yarn rarely behaves that close to the end of a project, even when I’ve spun it myself,” she quipped, offering a smile and sitting down after checking the fire screen to make sure no errant sparks would find her work. “I hope you don’t mind if I join you for a bit?” She got a better look at the young woman and added, “I don’t believe we’ve met. Helyna of gold Iliyith.” Helyna had made an effort to learn the faces and names of her fellow gold riders and the bronze riders who had transferred since Benden opened and didn’t recognize the young woman.

She waved off a fumble to free a hand to shake, “don’t fuss about all that. I’m mostly here for the klah and the fire.” What was more important was the attempt at deference to her rank; it showed the girl was paying attention in her Candidates classes, and more likely had a strict mother at home who drilled the etiquette into her.

Helyna set up her own supplies efficiently, assembling the distaff and padded seat and retrieving her drop spindle from the basket. She was working with a lovely soft wool dyed a luxurious deep blue, spinning a fine thread which she planned to turn into fingerweight yarn to make gifts for Turn’s end. She already had a full cop ready to ply back in her weyr, and expected to have another ready by the next evening if tonight’s work went well.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
01.27.722, 23
Height
6'3"
Eyes
Green
Build
Fit/Muscular
Hair
Red

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
"Candidate Elloren," she said with a dip of her head and a warm smile. "Pleased to meet you, goldrider Helyna and yes, definitely, please join me. The fire's nice and the klah is fresh. It's much quieter out here than in the barracks for a change."

She laughed softly.

"I'm so close to finishing this, too. All I have to do is do another row and then cast off. Then I shan't be so cold in the evenings. That's a lovely blue colour."

PA - First Post!

Helyna
of Gold Iliyith

Date of Birth
01.01.714, 31
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Brown, trusting
Build
Fit
Hair
Deep brown

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
“Lovely to meet you, Elloren,” she replied, with a smile of her own. “I remember how chaotic it could get in the barracks. At least in the Weaver Hall I could stay in my family’s quarters and get some peace and quiet when I needed it. Though I’ll admit I missed the winter gossip inherent in a spinning circle, even if the women were sometimes just chattering away like wherries.”

Deftly pulling some of the fiber and checking the staple length as she spoke, she hooked it onto the spindle, getting a few twists in before starting to spin properly and listening as Elloren talked about the project. “After blocking, of course. I hate knitting sometimes; at least on big projects like that. It’s turned out nicely though. The colors should suit you.”

She smiled again as the young woman complimented the blue. “Thank you. A friend I knew from the Hall sent it as an early gift for Turn’s end. Her brother and I were... close, and I kept in touch with her when I was Searched. He loved dark blues and things and I grew fond of them too.”

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)