World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 741.11.20 | A Surprise Visit
1pm | Meryem

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
"You stay here and be a good boy for me, Bart." Gangleri gave the grullo gelding a quick pet on the nose, slipped him an apple, and then made sure his twelve string guitar was securely slung behind his back before heading into the Weyr to make his normal visiting rounds. There was the normal check in, the casual news; the birth of a son here, death of an old woman there. He'd get into the juicy bits that didn't truly qualify as news later on at dinner when he'd had a few drinks in him and could convince a few of the riders to catch him up on the gossip they'd heard as well.

But before he could settle in for some songs, stories, and meals, he had a more specific visit to make. One of the apprentices he knew from Harper Hall and generally found easy to work with, (in that he didn't have to work with her so much as tell her to do something), had been assigned here. The least he could do was stop by and say hello, check and see how she was doing. And maybe she'd have a spare string for his guitar, since he could tell one was getting quite worn and was threatening to break.

Gangleri let out a whistle and Fret appeared on his shoulder, yawning sleepily. The sleepy brown firelizard stretched his striped body for a moment before leaning in to gently headbutt Gangleri on the cheek. "Ah there you are. Go on, Fret. See if you can find Meryem to let her know we're visiting. Do try to get there before I do."

Fret chirped and vanished between to get to work on his task. With one more glance at the directions he'd received to Meryem's quarters, Gangleri started to make his own way there. He was sure Fret had found the woman first when he felt the excited sense of victory coming from the brown. Either that or he'd found someone to give him treats. He gave the door a knock and grinned as he waited. "Ah! Meryem, how are you? Happen to have a spare string I could borrow?"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Ling Ling let out a sharp, on-key chirp at Fret and Meryem, with her sharp eye knew exactly who was visiting, by the time she'd turned around and he was asking, the Harper was digging through her collection of strings.

"Do you want two just in case, Leeri?" she asked with a smile. "Good to see your face. This is Ling Ling, newly acquired since we last spoke. How's the world doing these days?"

She handed him two perfect strings and started pouring klah. Telgar got colder by the moment.

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

"Two would be lovely, thank you," Gangleri said with a grin. "And it is nice that you managed to find yourself a little friend. She looks lovely, at least Fret seems to think so." He gestured towards the striped brown who was busy trying to show off his acrobatic prowess by performing the various tricks he normally used to help his Harper entertain children.

He took a seat, setting his guitar to the side but within easy reach for the moment. The strings could wait until after he had a few sips of klah to warm his fingers. He took a long sip as he considered the question. "The world is well enough I suppose, though if I'm honest it's a little dreary. I've been traveling ever since Kathany passed. I'm still working, just... at my own pace I suppose. I collect and spread news where I go, I perform, and I teach when people request it."

Gangleri took another sip as he looked around Meryem's quarters. "So is this assignment a punishment or a reward? It seems comfortable enough. Hopefully you're making the best of it either way. I have always found the dragonriders to be rather entertaining, and they tend to be an excellent source of gossip."

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"Ling Ling is a dear, yes, and actually quite elegant, and this," she flicked her fingers, "punishment from Father," she said dismissively. "More like a reward, if a chilly one. I've never felt better than out of the Hall and far away from that man."

She passed over the two strings with a smile.

"Kathany?" Her smile disappeared. "I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. I can see how that would put the world in a bit of a state. I hope the wandering is at least going well."

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

"He's not a very wise man, is he?" Gangleri wasn't normally one to speak negatively of any of the masters, especially with his own aspirations and goals, but considering his audience he doubted his words would make it back to Yesha. "I'm glad you seem to be enjoying yourself enough though."

He accepted the strings graciously and once he finished his klah he began to unwind the one he knew was about to snap so that he could replace it. He nodded. "The wandering has helped. The first week was the hardest. I never thought I'd officiate a funeral that close to home. My father offered, but it didn't feel right. I thought it might help bring some closure if I spoke myself." In truth, Gangleri had hoped it would bring some peace of mind after all that had happened, but it didn't. He wasn't sure if he felt guilt or regret, or even why. He knew what he'd done, and he knew what she had done as well. If anything his biggest regret was going through with the marriage to begin with.

Not that he was about to say any of that aloud. He had tried to present himself as a decent, if sometimes distant, husband. He put a smile on his face and decided to redirect the subject, readying himself to dodge anything that Meryem physically threw. "So have you found anyone to keep you company that you want to keep around? Maybe I could do a wedding instead of a funeral for once."

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"Yesha? Never. He's still mad I don't have a penis," Meryem said frankly, crossing her arms. She listened patiently as he spoke of wandering, keeping a sharp eye on the Harper as she would anyone. When he asked her about her love life, she laughed softly.

"Flirting, perhaps, no handfasting," she said with a sigh. "Can you even imagine me handfasted? Me? Great Faranth. A lovely man with decent wine shows up now and again and we exchange words. I saw him at Gather in Fort but I'm sure it's a dalliance on his part but what do I know? He could be serious but we're to see, I suppose. He is entertaining and amusing and a greenrider. So, I highly doubt handfasting is ever going to be a thing with me."

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Gangleri laughed. "I can imagine a great many things, Merry, but I suppose I have to admit that one's a bit of a stretch. Still, I'm glad you found someone to at least entertain and amuse you." Since she didn't seem as irritated with him as she could have been, Gangleri decided it was safe enough to lower his guard and finish winding and tuning his new string.

He was making his way through the strings one by one, making sure each one was tuned and adjusting as necessary when he decided to tease Merry just a bit more. "So, he shows up to exchange words. Is he a good conversationalist at least? Does he have a big... vocabulary? And of course it's fine if he doesn't have a big vocabulary, so long as he knows how to work with the words he has." He gave Meryem a cheeky grin and a wink.

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"Well, I haven't thrown him out yet, that should say something, Leeri," she said with a shake of her head. "His words are pretty enough, though his flirting is very, very obvious. He should just be himself but men have a difficult time with that sort of thing. With me, ah, you guys what you see. A happier woman for not being at Hall but I can be acidic when the mood takes me."

He fixed the string and she finds her finger itching to do something so she snags a gitar and fiddles with it, tuning it as she had done two days ago. Everything is in tune. All the time. It would be terrible if it weren't all perfect and ready for something.

"So, yes he speaks well enough. I've no cause to complain. Though the conversation has been light and pressed by job expectations. More his than mine. I've my fire light, as it were. No problems there."

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

"Not throwing someone out is always a good sign," he said with a chuckle. "You could always try to help him with his flirting. Just be careful with how you try to do that, a lot of people have fragile egos. Except me of course, I am the most humble man you will find."

Gangleri leaned back to strum a quick little arpeggio, more as a warm up to check his tuning than anything. "The new string sounds lovely, thank you again for giving it to me. Hopefully I'm still in the area next time I need a new one. I'm still debating taking Bart and riding south, but it might already be a bit too late for that. Who knows, maybe if I stay you can use your discerning eye to help me find a few people to keep my own fire lit. I've already made a couple friends down at Telgar Hold."

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"Help? I don't complain, I guess. But I'd definitely have to rely on training for that one. I have a smart mouth," Meryem said with a laugh. It was pretty true, her mouth was always on the glib side. "Knowing my luck I'll screw it up."

She laughed at his jokes at least. Meryem plucked notes into his with quick mind and fingers just because. And then she added a little challenge note because she was feeling musically feisty. Her eyebrow quirked. They'd had little battles before and they'd always been great fun. Why not now?

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

"Screwing up is one of the faster ways to learn, so long as you recognize that you've done so in the first place." Gangleri gave her a grin. As headstrong as Meryem could be he wasn't too worried about her ability to adapt to her current situation. Hopefully she'd thrive. He idly tapped on his strings, but when he heard that certain twang from Merry's guitar he raised an eyebrow and shifted his weight a bit in his chair.

So she wanted to pick a fight eh? He could oblige. Gangleri adjusted the guitar across his lap and cracked his knuckles before responding with a few more notes at a much more lively tempo, strumming into the start of a well known tune that allowed for easy adaptation and improvisational interpretation of the notes. It almost felt like cheating to pick a song his fingers knew so well, but at the very least it would let him keep conversing or even sass her a bit while he played since he didn't even have to think about what his hands were doing on the strings of the familiar instrument. "So, is your greenrider musically inclined? Or does he just make you sing?"

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"A good Harper can always spin the tale they want," Meryem said with a twinkle in her eye as she wove into and out of his music, managing to play bits backwards just because she could.

"Faranth, the man can't do a gitar justice - he admits it - and I think he purposely sings off key but he enjoys the craft at the very least. Appreciation has its own charms. Plus, I know my instruments and their mendings well enough myself and I've a voice enough to turn an ear or two, Apprenticed forever as I may be."

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

"Aye, spinning tales is fun, you just have to make sure you spin the right one, make sure it fits your audience." Gangleri started to tap a foot as he played along, suddenly switching to a different timing to try to throw her off just a little bit. It was all great fun as far as he was concerned and it gave him a better practice than just strumming at the bar or from on top of Bart's back as they wandered.

"You could try to give him something easier to try to learn, maybe he'll pick it up and can play along with you. Though I suppose considering things I've heard about greenriders, he might just be around for the... conversation. Not sure if it would be worth your time." He considered trying to offer some sort of encouragement in regards to her apprenticeship, but he didn't think she would appreciate empty words. There was nothing he could do when her father was being so stubborn.

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"There's always something someone can play or do," she said with a soft huff, jumping into the timing change with a quick eye. No shortcuts here, she enjoyed little battles like this and she had missed them, the silly little arguments in music. She closed her eyes and changed the key ever so slightly, weaving it in so it was more unsettling than discordant. It turned the melody haunting, whispering, almost longing. She licked her lips and shrugged slightly.

"Conversation is fine," she murmured. "I've never minded it, so long as both are willing. Settling down, settling in, always settling for something. A night, a month, a week, two days. I'll make do. It just frustrating and very tangled sometimes. Not that I mind being tangled up for a little while."

She opened her eyes an considered Leeri for a long while.

"Or a long while."

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Gangleri shifted to a minor key to make it even more somber. This was easy, he'd played quite a few dirges in his time, and quite a few sad ballads dedicated to the lost and heart broken. He slowed the tempo a bit to suit the current haunting melody they were working on, enjoying it enough that he didn't want to change it too much. Yet. "Sure, there's always something, but sometimes that something is a triangle."

At first he nodded along to the commentary about settling, but then he raised an eyebrow as he studied Meryem for a moment. "Oh really? And what sort of long while entangling did you have in mind?" He smirked, shifting the music to something a bit more playful.

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"It's been a while since I've tangled with anything that didn't have strings," she mused, warming the piece delicately with lower, fuller notes but the shiver of Teglarian winter remained in the piece as higher notes reverberated. It was a thoughtful moment.

Entangling.

"Telgar's too cold to spend without a bedpartner, Leeri," she said pointedly. It would keep them both warm and entertained. Besides, their little duel was a whole other conversation. If she closed her eyes she could picture a scene from this perfectly. It was a decent match in more than one way.

Winter giving to Spring, Spring to Summer. Delicate laziness, arriving to wash out the cold and haunt, echoing the playfulness he offered.

They both had their losses, those in many ways as well.

"How long will you be here?" she asked quietly, offering a sharp smile.

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Gangleri was thoughtful for a moment as he considered his options. He wasn't normally one to get involved with students or apprentices, but... eh he wasn't really doing anything official at the moment and he had no direct influence over Meryem. He gave a few more thoughtful strums, the notes warm and bright. "It is a rather chilly night, and I would be a poor gentleman if I didn't offer a bit of added warmth."

He studied Merry for a moment, she certainly was lovely enough to ease that decision on. And he could trust her to not become unduly attached. It wouldn't cure all of the pain he still felt deep in his soul since her loss, but it would provide a nice temporary bit of relief. And what was life if not full of fleeting little moments to help tide one over?

He shook his head at the thought and chuckled before turning his attention back to Meryem with a twinkle in his eye. He played a few more notes and then finished with a flourish before setting the instrument down. "I think I can certainly stay long enough for a bit of entangling."

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"Mmm," Meryem said with a nod, setting down her gitar to let him have the finish. She had never been one to attach herself to a man like many she knew. Nor women, for that matter. She had existed in music for such attachments. Reality was as it was, warm and inviting but never attachable. Music had to be enough for her and maybe the warmth of another body now and again.

She was passionate when it came down to it and she enjoyed the activity, the pleasure of it, being able to finally let go and enjoy the release of pent up frustrations. She worked just fine though it wasn't as if she had a string of lovers and broken hearts left behind her. Most she rebuffed, citing duty to craft.

A skilled Harper who enjoyed the making of music and with her chosen instrument was decent kindling for her. That and the spaces where the world had put things, people, professions, lives into theirs and had-- Ugh. It was sounding maudlin, now. She wasn't maudlin. She was better than that. A moment of stupid weakness but by Faranth's First Egg, she meant it.

He was welcome in her bed in all manner of the sharding term.

"We deserve a moment or two of something good, Leeri." And then she was rising to stride across the space to kiss him. Because she could. Because maybe she wanted this and it didn't matter what anyone thought or didn't think. It was a thoughtful kiss, full of contemplation, good, and bright. Meryem pulled back just enough that her lips brushed his as she spoke.

"And by Faranth, we're going to figure out what the blessed shard that is."

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

There was a first time for everything, and Gangleri was not about to shy away from this decision. So when Meryem walked over to kiss him he allowed himself to be as enthusiastic and passionate as he would with any other lover. He pulled her into his lap as he returned the kiss, his hands roaming along the contours of her body. The longer they kissed and the more he felt the warmth of her body the more he was determined to stay this course.

Who cared that she was an apprentice? It seemed the silliest reason to avoid having a bit of fun. After all, Merry was right. They deserved at least a moment of something good. At least she was a small enough woman that he could pick her up and carry her to the bed. He gave her a playful toss and grinned as he removed his shirt. "Then let's do a bit of research, see what sort of good time we can have."

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"That's the best idea I've heard since I got here," she murmured, working her tunic free. She let out a soft sigh as she lowered her forehead to his shoulder and them pressed a kiss there. The tunic hit the ground somewhere to the side and she cupped his cheek with her hand as her intense blue eyes found his. She studied him for a long moment, her thumb running over his cheekbone, her other hand sliding against his shoulder blade as she pulled him in closer.

"I always did fancy research. It's fascinating what sort of things you can find." He was a Harper, as dedicated to his craft as she was to hers, trained, honed by the Hall, a breath of home without the ire, without the hate. Faranth, it felt good to be touched without a thread of malice. With her work to get lost in most of the time she didn't notice the quiet stirrings of need that arose now and again.

Today they could have cut they were so sharp. Leeri visiting had just put a spark into the fire pit so to speak. He was willing, she was willing to bury herself against him, each to play their part in a duet. It was warming, her fingers in his hair, her lips sinking against his neck, his jaw, his lips. She soaked herself in that warmth as she worked her trousers free, kicking them away with soft, gentle sighs. Meryem guided his hands now and again, her touch firm in knowing what she wanted, what she needed but she let him guide her as well because she'd be damned between if she left the man unsatisfied.

When she kissed him again, she nipped playfully at his bottom lip and soothed it with a soft lick.

"This was not on my schedule," she hummed, "but anything that was has become trivial and annoying." Her laugh was a bubble of brightness against his lips.

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Gangleri took his time to appreciate the show as Meryem removed her shirt. Even when she moved in close enough to obscure the view of her breasts he still indulged himself in the feel of her skin, his hands sliding along her back and sides before making their way around to the front of her chest so he could gently tease with a swirl of his thumbs. "I wish more people appreciated research," he said with a nod before moving to deftly lose his pants with practiced efficiency.

He'd had his share of lovers who were more interested in quick and dirty fun, and that was fine on occasion, they could suit certain moods, but he generally preferred taking his time and being thorough. It gave him more time to distract himself from whatever was troubling him, and right at that moment that was her loss. He could lose himself for a time to forget that bit of pain, replace it with some pleasure with Merry. This was a perfect distraction. "Schedules are meant to be disrupted on occasion."

The biggest thing he appreciated was a lover who was an active participant and Gangleri matched her in kind, happily playing off of her pace and intensity in the same way he'd played off of her notes when they musically dueled. Sometimes he slowed them down so he could indulge in her more with his mouth, other times he pulled her into a demanding kiss as his hands teased.

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

Touching she liked, she always had. Merry had no problem with taking her time with Leeri, brushing her lips against his neck, his shoulder, the intensity none the less as she removed her own trousers as deftly as he. Her fingers brushed his cheeks, his hair, curled at the nape of his neck, found their way drifting slowly down his back. Her thumbs stroked his hipbones before wandering across his lower back.

Her words were soft nonsense against his lips and skin, content to have him as a distraction, content to be somewhere to sink into. Her skin felt as if static had built up into waves of it waiting to be released, and as she arched her back, she sighed at the pleasure that coursed through her as their skin brushed. Her breasts were far from large but they were enough to skim against his chest as she arched and that felt amazing.

Touching, exploring, that she could do for hours. It was intimate, thorough, and passionate. And she would give as good as she got, perhaps more. They had left the gitars behind and it was their bodies that set the melody, the counter, the flared and rose, fell, swelled bright in a chorus, settled to rise again.

Merry's lips found his again as she drew him a little closer, wanting his weight against her as she kissed him. There wasn't a battle here, just an intense, lovely duet.

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Gangleri enjoyed the nonsense in her voice, that he was able to distract her thoroughly enough to elicit such a response. He was a performer at heart after all, and he did enjoy thrilling his audience, one way or another. He kept his rough and calloused fingers light on Merry's skin, treating her as a more refined instrument to coax a warm melody from rather than something to strum and thrash with overwhelming energy. This didn't feel like that sort of song after all.

Not that he didn't increase the tempo at all on occasion, and he certainly didn't handle her like he thought she'd break. There was certainly enthusiasm enough for his part in their performance, passion for the moment even when he was being restrained and purposeful. The closer they got to a crescendo with their duet, the more Gangleri just wanted to just touch her. He wrapped his arms around Meryem and pressed himself against her tightly to feel the delicious heat of her skin on his.

He hummed through every kiss he stole from her lips, and every nip and small hickey he left across her skin. Otherwise he kept himself rather quiet aside from a pleased, almost musical moan or a grunt and not bothering with words where they weren't needed. He was more than fine with letting her lead in the vocals. And it wasn't until he'd finally gotten her to properly sing that he was content to pick up his own tempo and lose himself to their little dance.

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

She sensed he was looking for an aria, here, and while she was no screamer, she could make her voice do whatever she wanted it to do. Maybe for him, she'd open up a little more vocally. Give the man a proper taste of her voice.

Or she'd make him laugh with her musical choices. Maybe both. Both was always better. They both needed it, didn't they?

They went higher, though, and she let pleasure choose her key - perfectly in tune, high, a little breathy at the end but it was glory as her heart soared. He felt good, tight against her, marking her here and there, and she slowed them for a moment to slowly, achingly slowly move against him, her breath hard against his ear, the moan soft and sweet as her fingers touched his jaw and her thumb brushed against his bottom lip.

Because she could, she hummed a few bars of a very bawdy song before nipping his earlobe.

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

The music made Gangleri smile and a soft, hoarse chuckle managed to escape him after he'd made his own contribution to the music. "Wonderful," he said in a soft whisper, his lips brushing against her skin. But then, so far everything had been. Every little moment had been wonderful, even the excruciatingly slow grind was a torturously delightful bit of dessert.

The little bawdy tune in his ear coaxed out another soft chuckle that melted into a groan as he rolled them over so that he could lazily lounge on his back with Meryem on top of him. Once he was there he hummed along to the song before softly singing the words, his fingers gently playing across the skin of her back.

Once he'd finished the verses he cared to sing he pulled her into another soft kiss. He smirked, letting his head fall back to a pillow as he closed his eyes. "I would certainly say that was a good bit of research." There was the small stirring of a thought as his mind began to sober up from its heady bout of pleasure. There was a reason he normally didn't sleep with students or apprentices. He considered bringing it up, but it seemed rude to potentially kill such a good mood. Still, it wouldn't do to just ignore it. So he asked, "Did you ever imagine you'd get to participate in a scandal as fun as this one was?"

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"Ffft," she gracelessly, shifting a little. "Unless you're a direct teacher or mentor, it shouldn't count. Besides, I'm already scandalous as it is." She kissed the tip of his nose and sighed, rolling off him to curl at his side, an arm draped across his chest.

"But no, actually, I hadn't and it was fun. Honestly, Leeri? Telgar's likely to be a permanent post. They can't banish me anywhere colder." They could make his life miserable, too, though.

She made a face.

"If word got out," Merry said practically, "what would happen anyway? Women don't get rank anyway. Why on Pern is it such a big deal?"

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Gangleri looped his arm around her, thumb idly sliding back and forth across her shoulder. Despite the subject matter he couldn't help but smile to hear that she'd had fun. It was a silly and prideful thing, but still a nice stroke to his ego. "Who knows with them. There are worse posts than in a weyr. But I doubt that they would do anything to you that they aren't already trying."

He gave a small chuckle in response to her outrage, he couldn't help it. As much as he thought it was a silly restriction, the fact that she was so direct about it was amusing. "Oh, someone could try to say that I'm not master material, that I shouldn't be trusted with teaching anyone since I'm unable to maintain boundaries. That would require that someone actually be upset with me for another reason to bother bringing it up, or for someone to have a grudge with my father and do it to spite him through me."

He gave a small shrug, and added, "I doubt anything would happen of this once at least."

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"Faranth's left tit, it's so stupid," she said rolling her eyes. "Not Master material, not fit for teaching. Like that's all Harpers do is teach. Some people adore it, I'd rather mend instruments or make my own. Or sing."

Her blue eyes rested on his for a moment and she kissed him gently.

"As long as you're not working your way through the Hall like a lecher or a direct mentor, I say it's fine. All that sexual frustration just smacks of old shrivelled balls attached to men who've forgotten themselves over the turns. Let people fuck with a few bits of caution."

PA - First Post!

L'ri
of Bronze Oncaeth

Date of Birth
15.03.707, 38
Height
6'
Eyes
Brown
Build
in shape but soft
Hair
dark brown

Threads

Feeling a bit cheeky and emboldened by Meryem's own directness, Gangleri risked a bit of sass as he chuckled. "Of course you'd say it's fine. You're the one here having fun."

He reached up to trace run his fingers through her hair a moment as he smiled. He pulled her into another soft kiss, (because kissing wasn't the scandalous part right?), and said, "All joking aside, I can see some of the point I suppose. Still, this was rather fun, even if I'm not quite sure yet if we'll be doing more research after this. Though we did make a rather lovely composition."

Gangleri gave Meryem a long look before smirking and adding, "Though since we're still technically still in bed, anything else that happens just counts as the first time."

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"Any further research, good sir, is on your terms," she said almost gently. Merry was no demanding chit to keep him tethered or even to try such a thing. If he needed to wander, he would wander. The kiss felt as good as the last one and she leaned into it a little.

"I agree, it was rather lovely."

Her thumb brushed across his cheekbone and she laughed.

"I certainly don't mind an encore and we certainly do play well together." More also meant it might be some time before she would be in a frame of mind to entertain anyone for a while. This was just timing, she supposed.

Excellent timing.

PA - First Post!

Page Selection

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)