World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 741.11.20 | Sand Scuffles
4pm | Kor'is, Rhaedalyn/Aradissicath

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Cazan! You're scaring Lady! She was also scaring Malvayth, but the gold didn't want to admit that right this moment, not when Aradissicath was right there telling both her and Taith to sit down and let it happen. The mask the older gold wore made her seem that much more powerful and in command of the situation, and the only saving grace for the moment was that Mal also had her mask on. Maybe the mask would make her feel just as powerful and in control as Aradissicath. She sat down, trying to focus on keeping Lady from joining in the fight to help. The little firelizard hissed and chittered anxiously from atop the gold's head.

Cazan could only barely hear her dragon as she punched Kor'is again. She wasn't sure what had set this off anymore, words had been exchanged, someone had stalked toward the other, someone had said something else, and she'd punched him. She remembered that part at least, that she'd hit him first. But then he'd punched her back, more words were said, and now they were both on the sands, flailing on the unstable surface it provided. He didn't hit nearly as hard as some of the other men she'd gotten into fights with at the craft hall, but he had the tenacity to keep going.

That was probably his saving grace since her stomach was starting to bother her again and a wave of fatigue was beginning to catch up to her. Cazan paused to catch her breath, straddling the bluerider with one hand braced on his chest, the other still balled up in a fist at the ready. "Just shut the fuck up and stop talking so much shit. Is it too much to fucking ask for you to mind your own damn business? You're not my mother!"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Kor’is was currently pinned to the hot ground with a knee holding one hand in place. But thanks to Cazan being too focused at yelling at him over her clear mommy issues, she didn’t notice his other hand was free. So he slapped her across the face. After she had punched him, he had retaliated in kind but the angle he was working with now left him with going back to the slap that he almost gave her from the start.

“Take your own advice and stop talking to me! I’m not interested and just want to be left alone!” Why were so many people so insistent on chatting him up, trying to get him to open up, and trying to get him to participate in whatever dumb activity they thought up that day? He could count on one hand the number of people he actually liked enough to spend time with willingly and the other hand counted the ones he could tolerate in small doses but he wasn’t as nearly open with. Cazan’s boyfriend was in the latter group and why he had to make a comment about her spreading her legs for anyone that glanced at her after hearing from Tazikel about her getting close to Yfris. He really didn’t care about people’s sex lives, but Kor’is also couldn’t believe that T’ryn was as open with his sex life as Mylorah was and that he was fine with Cazan fucking everyone.

“Now get the fuck off of me before your natural inclination to ride my dick takes over since this is such a common position for you.” Kor’is bucked his hips, trying to dislodge her but she either weighed too much or she really was good at keeping herself seated in that position.

Please stop fighting! And the insults aren’t nice either! Why can’t you be friends? Taith was barely looking at them, curled up in a ball with his tail draped over his eyes that he sometimes peeked around. Aradissicath had told them to stay out of it and didn’t seem as worried which made Taith want to believe it was all okay but he could see further into Kor’is and worried all the same.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

If anything the slap just made her angrier and distracted her from the lurching in her stomach for a bit longer. Almost all of Cazan's fights had been while she was pretending to be her brother and even now that she didn't have to pretend to work on leather it was hard to shake a few habits. So when she growled, her voice was as deep and masculine as she could make it in her anger. "I've tried avoiding you, shitbag! I say hello to be polite! I keep things to a minimum, but I'm not about to pretend you don't fucking exist."

Kor'is's attempt to buck her off made her hit him again, but with the sand already shifting beneath them the force of the blow left her unsteady and no longer as secure in her perch. Cazan was too irritated to care though. "Common my fucking ass! If you're going to talk so much shit at least know what the fuck you're talking about!"

Maybe... maybe you should tell him T'ryn said it was okay for you to play games with other people? Maybe then you can both be friends?

Caz immediately whirled to glare at her dragon and was about to say something about how it wasn't any of the bluerider's business when either the sand beneath her foot slipped or Kor'is finally managed to dislodge her. It was hard to tell in the moment and she responded by flailing her fists in his direction.

Malvayth's eyes swirled with worry as she watched. Why did Kor'is have to be so mean?! Why did Cazan have to be so angry? Mal looked over at her brother and quietly slunk over to curl up with him. She ignored Lady's tiny agitated hiss at being moved. Aradissicath says it will be okay. She said it just as much for herself as for Taith.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Even with taking care of a dragon for nearly a year, Kor’is cursed himself for being so weak and struggled to get Cazan’s heavy ass off of him. He took advantage of her momentary distraction caused by the obnoxious gold dragon and bucked again while shoving with his free hand. That earned him flailing fists, one of which clipped his jaw as he tried moving at the same time while his newly freed arm shot up and blocked another blow.

“Fuck your politeness and I don’t want to exist to you!” He had spent his life knowing his mother pretended he didn’t exist more days than not and he went out of his way to avoid certain lords and ladies that looked down on him. Somehow he still had a lot of arrogance and could in turn look down on others but he also didn’t care if people avoided him now since it left him alone to do his own things and live how he wanted.

He finally managed to shove Cazan completely off and sat up, feeling more sand slide beneath his shirt from the action. He knew his hair would be a mess and washing the sand out of it would be a bitch but he wasn’t done with the current bitch he was glaring at. He was tired and sore but that didn’t stop Kor’is from throwing himself atop Cazan to switch their roles to lean in close to the face that currently represented all of his issues as he growled out, “just… fuck you!” He knew he really was exhausted—physically and mentally—now that his weapon of words was failing him and he was having to resort to just screaming profanities like a basic drudge. He couldn’t even throw another punch no matter how much he wanted to as his hand hurt as much as his face.

I’m sorry, Malvayth. Taith didn’t know how to explain it—or if it would even be the right thing to say right then—but he could feel all of the turmoil bubbling up in Kor’is and knew it wasn’t just Cazan currently causing the outburst. It may have started that way but she had said the right thing to jab at the sore spot his beloved rider always tried to cover up but never let heal.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"Fuck me yourself, you coward!" Cazan was so tired she didn't even know what she was shouting, she just wanted this whole thing to be over with. She flailed another ineffective fist in his direction, but with Kor'is having the high ground she couldn't do much more than feebly bat at him with her fists. So Cazan did the next best thing she could think of. She gritted her teeth, closed her eyes, and lurched her head forward in a headbutt.

That was enough to send him staggering back and with her remaining strength managed to shove him off again. Cazan moved to pin him again, but she couldn't bring herself to do much more than flop on top of him, gasping to catch her breath as she ran out of steam. She didn't even care if he hit her again. It was probably the headbutt that had finally done her in, but she just didn't care anymore, even if he wanted to keep talking shit.

"Sorry... sorry. I don't... I just lost my temper... I'm still going to try to be polite though... sometimes. Even if you're an asshole you deserve to exist." Cazan took a deep breath and added, "Can we just... be done fighting for right now?"

Maybe it was the soreness, the fatigue, the way her head swimming, or maybe it was just that she missed T'ryn, but Kor'is was comfortable at the moment and she didn't want to move. If someone else wanted to move her that would probably be fine, and if she needed to, she was sure Mal and Taith would help if she hadn't found the will to do so herself by then.

Malvayth gave her brother a small nudge. It's okay. I'm sorry mine hits so hard. Though secretly she was proud of how tough her rider was. I think they're done? Should we poke them? She glanced from the pair of riders on the sands to her masked mother and back again, still unsure if things were better or not.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

“What?” Kor’is was so caught off guard by the reply that he didn’t see the head butt coming. In hindsight, he doubted he would have prepared for it without the distracting comment but in the moment, it didn’t matter as he reeled back in pain and soon found himself back on the sand. He was busy clutching his face, prodding to find the areas that hurt the most and applying pressure to spots that felt marginally better from it when Cazan flopped atop him. Like she had to pin him down! He clearly wasn’t in any shape to keep moving let alone fight.

At the apology, he lowered his hands from his face and let his arms fall extended onto the sand. This hardly counted as a hug or cuddling but it was still far too close for comfort and Kor’is froze up, trying to find a way out of it. He tolerated such things from Sh’ran and Mylorah because it was so engrained in them and he’d never get them to break the habit but everyone else could keep to themselves. The contact was unsettling but the apology itself was starting to make him angry again. Of course Cazan wouldn’t listen to him and would keep throwing herself at him despite him not wanting anything to do with her. He actively went out of his way to encourage people to stop being nice and polite to him, flat out told her to stop, and yet she was still going to it and insist on letting him exist in her world.

Fuck. Her.

“Get off of me,” he ordered, barely above a whisper as he worked to keep his anger in check. He couldn’t go another round and while it didn’t seem like Cazan could either, Kor’is wasn’t risking it by saying anything else or in a tone that would provoke her. He wanted to be left alone and able to tend to his aches though visiting a healer didn’t seem any more enjoyable than having Cazan flopped on him.

I think we should. I can’t tell what Kor’is wants right now. He has too many jumbled emotions. Taith was still worried and still didn’t understand why Aradissicath let them fight. She clearly thought it was needed but Taith couldn’t see how it helped them. Cazan seemed willing to keep trying to be a friend but Kor’is was pulling away again. Was it Cazan or himself that he didn’t trust? Taith whimpered and looked to the large gold dragon to see what she thought of everything. Aradissicath gave him a nod and Taith, in turn, nuzzled Malvayth. I think you should check on your mate first and help her up. He had heard Kor’is’ demand for the goldrider to get off of him but Taith didn’t want to crowd them and didn’t want to upset Malvayth if he tried to move Cazan himself. It was a stressful evening and he didn’t want to aggravate anything further.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

At first Malvayth wanted to just leave the riders on the ground, because now that they were cuddling things would surely get better. Everyone liked to cuddle, after all. But the gentle nudge from Taith made her get up, carefully approaching to nudge Cazan with only the very tip of her nose. Can you get up? Cazan was quiet a moment before she nodded. "Yeah..."

Mal turned slightly, her tail swinging around to hang in the air so that her rider could grab onto it and pull herself standing with a bit of help. Once Cazan was sure of her own footing she turned to Kor'is and offered him a hand. She was about to abandon him to go sit down when much to her surprise he took her hand. Cazan spent just enough time to make sure he wasn't just going to immediately fall back down before she released her grip on him and turned to stumble towards her dragon. Malvayth immediately nuzzled her, maneuvering the woman into a comfortable lounging position against her side, tail curling around to keep her there.

Lady flew down to cuddle up to Cazan, ignoring the lazy attempts to shoo her away as she settled in. "Mal... your lizard..." She is worried about you. Are you okay? You seem tired. Did you win? You were on top so that means you won, right? Now that the adrenaline was starting to fade and she had mostly caught her breath, Cazan was able to focus more on how worried her dragon was. The violent outburst had scared her, and she wasn't sure if she should have stepped in earlier before Aradissicath could say anything. She'd wanted to screech, still wanted to, but she was still doing her best to prove she was good for Lady. Caz tried to focus on calming her down. I'm fine, I'm sorry I scared you. Just a little tired. And not all fights have winners, Mal, but if it makes you feel better I don't think I lost at least. He doesn't hit that hard. Cazan didn't really want to think about the fight or the trouble she'd probably get into for it, so she tried to redirect her dragon's attention as she lazily pet Lady. You should make sure Taith is okay.

The dragon still wasn't completely satisfied, but it was at least enough for her to check on her brother. Taith, are you okay? Is Kor'is okay? Cazan says she's okay...

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Kor’is eyed the hand like it was some sort of trick. He was relieved she was off of him and was fine continuing to lay on the sand where the heat was starting to be comforting. But he finally took the offer to help him up, deciding it was the least she could do for the pain he was in. Once on his feet, he immediately let go of her hand and staggered a bit before finding his balance enough to take careful steps to his cushion and sketchpad that had been abandoned when the fight started.

He was far from graceful when he collapsed onto the cushion and somehow he managed to tidy up his supplies before realising how much his hand hurt and noticed the smears of blood on it. A tender touch to his nose and mouth revealed something had bled at some point and Kor’is almost laughed at how he hadn’t noticed before then, especially since he had likely had blood in his mouth regardless of where it came from. At least he had all of his teeth—he checked twice with a prodding tongue—and it didn’t seem like his nose was broken but just sore like the rest of his face.

Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it? Taith carefully asked the second question as he approached Kor’is, sitting down several feet away. He already knew what both answers would be but the concern was hard to shake and Taith felt like he had failed Kor’is somehow by not being able to prevent such an event from happening.

I’m fine and no, I don’t. Kor’is didn’t even want to think about what had transpired, what had caused it, or what else it reminded him of so he certainly didn’t want to explain any of that to the dragon that was too young and innocent to truly comprehend any of it. What he really wanted was to be slathered in numbweed but he didn’t want to deal with a healer and walking to find one was too much effort right then.

Sorry to worry you, kiddo, Kor’is reached out and stroked Taith’s head, giving him a few extra scritches around the eye ridges before lowering his hand so he could wrap his arms loosely around his legs he’d drawn up. He carefully rested his head on a knee and tried to stay awake and not think about anything other than a hot bath. He didn’t want Taith prying into anything and Kor’is himself was simply done with it all.

I’m okay. Kor’is says he’s okay, Taith didn’t fully believe it but he wouldn’t push Kor’is on it. He could tell some time was needed and quietly laid down beside his sweet but sometimes foolish boy.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Okay... okay is good. Malvayth tried to offer some reassurances back to Taith, but she'd learned that for some reason, okay and fine didn't always mean what she thought they should. At least it looked like Kor'is was petting Taith, so that was good. She returned her focus to Cazan, giving her another gentle nuzzle as she worried. I promise, I'm fine. I'm not even bleeding. You are.

Cazan opened her eyes, which she hadn't even realized were closed, and blinked down at her hands. Her knuckles were swollen and scraped but a quick flex of her fingers showed they were otherwise fine. And now that she thought about it she could smell some blood. Her lip was stinging a bit more than it should, and a quick run of her tongue found a small split. A glance through her dragon's eyes helped her to evaluate further. There was a tiny trickle of blood from her nose, but that was easily wiped away on the back of her hand. The split lip would heal easily enough on its own if she was careful about what she ate and drank, and otherwise she would just have some bruising, the biggest one looked like it would be from her own headbutt.

Her stomach churned again and she hastily pushed herself up, staggering away and barely making it off the sands proper before she threw up. Cazan quickly cut off Mal's worry, I'm okay. Really. Just got a little dizzy from the shared sight and my stomach has been bothering me anyway. It's fine. I'm already feeling better. Lady flew over to land on her shoulder, trying to coo and croon anxiously as if that could help the situation. Mal grumbled, agitated that her rider had been feeling so unwell lately. You should be careful! I have to be careful so you do too!

Caz sighed as she made her way back to the dragon. I'll be careful. She gave her neck a rub before settling back into her comfortable lounging position. Let me know when people come to yell at us for the fight okay? It was probably my fault, I'm pretty sure I threw the first punch. Malvayth shifted her weight at the thought of her rider being in trouble again. Aradissicath hadn't said anything about trouble, but now she found herself anxious. She turned to Taith. Cazan is okay, she repeated, Do you think they'll get into more trouble? She didn't want to ask their mother directly, afraid that would only make things worse.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Taith considered the question for a moment, glancing at Aradissicath and then to the humans that didn’t look okay no matter what they kept saying. I don’t think so. Aradissicath would have stopped them if it was bad. I think this was supposed to help them… Taith wasn’t sure how but at least they weren’t arguing now so that was a start. Then again, they were probably both too tired to try.

Kor’is had glanced up when he heard Cazan moving but since she wasn’t charging at him, he lost interest and rested his head on his knee again, eyes shutting. How much time did they have left for the day? He had learned early on that tracking the time in any way made the punishment drag and had started relying on Aradissicath to dismiss them when it was time. Since she hadn’t said anything and didn’t seem too concerned about their current shape, Kor’is was doubly lost. Would he be allowed to nap? Would that be smart after a hard head knocked his? He focused on that bath again.

Taith perked up when Aradissicath called out to the entire group and he gave her his full attention. He nodded at the decision and gave Kor’is a gentle nudge with his nose. Kor’is for his part glared at the gold dragon but didn’t argue. He appreciated that she had called for a healer to check on him and Cazan but didn’t like that she had to point out they weren’t being dismissed early because of their tantrums. He also rolled his eyes at her hope that they had learned from this. Sure; he learned Cazan was a mood-swinging bitch that punched hard. He felt Taith’s disappointment and Kor’is looked away from the dragons, instead watching the entrance for the healer. A clean cloth and numbweed were all he needed to finish up the evening before he could have that damned bath and then go to bed.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan considered trying to say she was fine, but it didn't seem wise to object, not when she had just found out that they weren't actually in any additional trouble. She could have her knuckles wrapped up at least, and maybe get something cool to put on parts of her face. Really what she wanted was to see T'ryn and just cuddle for a bit. Hopefully he wouldn't be too upset about the fight. She felt bad enough as it was for beating on Kor'is, especially since it was now a bit obvious he had been out of his league. She should make something for him to further apologize.

Lady went to her leatherworking journal and struggled to try to pick it up with her tiny frame. Caz went to scoop both book and fire lizard up, setting Lady on her shoulder while she grabbed her writing materials. After several moments of consideration and a few experimental sketches, she settled on making him a roll and case for his art supplies. It wouldn't require any measurements, and it was something practical he could actually use, so it had a better chance of being accepted.

She was still sketching when the healers arrived to fuss over them and all she could imagine for a moment was that word of the fight would get back to Sariel and Cirith from there would probably spread further. She should probably try to send a letter to T'ryn to let him know before the rumor mill reached him. By the time the healers gave her space to write her hands were numb enough that her handwriting was a little sloppy, but hopefully T'ryn could still read it.

All that was left after that was to nap until Aradissicath dismissed them from the sands for the day and when that happened she grumbled out a sleepy, "Later," to Kor'is before trudging off to her own weyr for a better nap and maybe a soak. Malvayth softly chirped after Taith as the blue left, Hopefuly they stay okay. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)