World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 741.10.23 | A New Home
11am+

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
We are home, Benden! the green trumpeted gaily to the watchdragon as they exited between. All of her things, just the one trunk, were strapped to Tizalth as they maneuvered and landed delicately on the ledge of their new weyr. It was spotlessly clean and maybe even a little larger than the one at Ista Weyr.

Moving to a new weyr and away from Ista felt strange, still, but a new place with new faces or at least new surroundings gave her a new appreciation for living in general. She had picked up a few things at Fort's Gather that would help make the place more her own, including a very lovely set of glow or candle pieces that were freestanding and the cutest dragon sculpture that looked so much like Tizalth she couldn't help but get it.

Those were all there, waiting for her, as she had sent them on at Gather. A few of them held candles just lit, some held glows, but it was enough to give a cheery welcome as she got her trunk down and began untacking Tizalth.

I will go find the sun, I think, the green said quietly, her eyes whirling in green and blue.

Go on, then. Catch your rays., Kestra murmured back, already taking to the task of emptying her trunk. Clothes were set in their proper place, jewels were set aside in their boxes, furs were placed upon the bed and fluffed with care.

And then, with that all done, Kestra found her way down to the Dining Hall for some klah and a touch of lunch. She gently brushed someone's elbow as she moved to fix her klah.

"When you're finished, could you pass me the cream, please?" she asked quietly.

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair
Dark brown, longer, unruly curls

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
The view from the ledge is excellent. The brown rumbled in his throat as he stretched, scraping his claws across the stone, sending a few loose stones skittering and tumbling into the lake below. Kyrionth tilted his head as he watched them. Hm…We’ll have to watch Taydi. He could fall if he isn’t careful.

They hadn’t gotten one of the most coveted weyrs, but it was certainly good for them. It was at the far end of the bowl from the queens’ weyrs and Sands, and away from the always-busy lower caverns. It was quieter, but a longer walk to get anywhere if Ky didn’t fly them down. Most everyone else wanted to be closer to where everything was happening, but they were content away from the action. T’pel patted the brown on the shoulder to get him to move a bit, looking down at the water. Yeah, that could be a problem. I might rig up some kind of railing…

Taydarell had been dropped off in the bowl that morning with the creche group, and hadn’t even seen their weyr yet. But, knowing the kid, he wouldn’t give a thought to safety and would charge up the steps, slip, and end up skidding right off the other side. The last thing he wanted was to be fishing his brother out of the Weyr lake. At least they weren’t too high up, if anything did happen…

Turning back into the entrance, he made his way inside, slinging his trunk up on his bed. He put his brothers trunk on the other bed in the sleeping chamber, realizing with a bittersweet smile that he wouldn’t be sharing the space for long. Taydi was already twelve, and as soon as there were eggs on the Sands, he’d be moved to the candidates’ barracks. It would be nice to have the space to himself, though.

It’ll be just you and me, T’pel. Kyrionth said, twisting his neck to gaze fondly back at his rider from his place on the ledge.

T’pel smiled warmly in return. I’m going to head down to the lower caverns and grab some lunch

I’ll take you. The brown stood and worked his shoulders, offering a foreleg for his rider. The straps had been removed with the chests, but it was only a short ride down to the bowl. No sense in strapping up for such a trip. Thanks! He launched himself to Ky’s back and the brown dipped off of the ledge and glided down to the bowl, letting his rider slide free before taking to the sky once more, in search of a good sunning spot big enough to stretch out his massive wings.

The dining hall was bustling with people. It didn’t take much sniffing to find the hearth where the klah waited. It wasn’t his favorite blend, that was packed away in his chest, but this would do for now. Pouring a cup, he located the table with cream and various other additives. At his elbow, someone asked for the cream and he absently passed it to the girl. Wait… He recognized the green rider from Ista! They hadn’t been particular friends, or even acquaintances, really, but he remembered her from around the Weyr. He hadn’t known she had moved, too. It was nice to see a familiar face, even if it wasn’t one he knew very well. “Hey! Kestra…? Right?” He offered slowly, a slight smile quirking his lips.

PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

"Guilty as charged," she says softly, glancing up for a long look. His face was familiar, he'd been at Katila, of course...

T'pel of Kyrionth, he was in our class at Ista before we graduated, Tizalth responded with equal quiet in her own voice. He was the one with a small brother. You liked his curly hair.

"T'pel?" she asked, her face lighting up in a smile. "It seems forever since I last saw you. Kyrionth is well?"

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair

Threads

“Yeah!” T’pel’s smile widened in relief when it was confirmed he remembered her name correctly. “Yes, Ky’s doing well. He likes the view from our ledge, I guess. Which is good.”

He searched his memory for her dragon’s name, blanking momentarily. Tizalth. his dragon offered, ever helpful. “How’s Tizalth taking the change?”

He glanced around and saw a table by the entrance to the bowl that was unoccupied and nodded his head in that direction in question, hands otherwise occupied with his mug and grabbing a roll from the bowl on the table.

“Shards, it’s nice to see a familiar face. I like the newness, but I was beginning to wonder if I was the only Istan who’d moved…”

I’m glad she came. I like her music. T’pel furrowed his brow as his dragon’s words jogged a memory, one of gitar and light singing drifting across the bowl. That was her?Yes. She’s quite good. Please, tell her I said so.

Laughing somewhat and clearing his throat, he passed on the brown’s compliments. “Ky says he likes your music.”

PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

"Most Istans from Katila run in their own circles," she says, finish up with adding some cream to her klah. "I hadn't thought to see any of them transfer out. It's one of the most favored Weyrs due to climate, I think. Telgar is the least. Fort and Benden were on my list but Benden was the one looking for green riders rather actively. How could I say no to the Second Weyr?"

She blew across her mug for a moment and her was a soft merriment in her eyes.

"I'm glad you transferred though, T'pel. It's nice to see a familiar face. We've only just gotten here within the last hour, so I think adjustments will happen in the days coming. Tizalth is sun soaking, so she seems fine. She had a bit of a thing for a dragon but she'll soon forget. She's as civil as ever, really."

Kestra paused slightly, her head tilting a little.

"You may tell your gentleman brown thank you and I'm so pleased he likes my playing. Clearly, I'll have to do more of that. My weyr is not far from Storage and overlooks the lake some. I can't believe how much larger the weyrs are here."

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair

Threads

Sipping at the klah, he nodded in agreement as she spoke. “We’ve been here since this morning. Taydi got dropped with creche and since we’re related, Ky and I got ferrying duty bringing supplies for creche before we got our own stuff. It’s no problem, but we’re glad to be done for the day.”

“Yes, I’ll tell Kyrionth you said thanks.” T’pel said, smiling at the girl, fighting a flush of nervousness as this conversation had gone on for far longer already than he what he had expected it to fizzle out at. He was an observer, and conversation was not his strong point.

It’s a good thing you have me, then. The brown chimed in, happy to be a part of the conversation in some way. Their weyr is close to ours. Good, I’ll be able to hear her playing. T’pel nodded, grateful for the thread to grasp. “Looks like we’re neighbors. I think we’re on the same side of the bowl, but we got the weyr right above the lake where it butts against the wall. Not a bad view at all, if a bit slick from the extra moisture. A bit of a walk, too.” A thought occurred to him and he chuckled. “It’s gonna be great in the summer…you could jump right off the ledge into the lake, we’re so close.” He pulled the roll apart, offering her a piece.

PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

She smiled warmly and there was a softly tired look to it as well but it wasn't enough to care much about, she was just pleased to have company. Istan company was always nice but he was Katilan, which meant he knew all of the ups and downs they'd had there. That was perhaps more comforting than anything. Well, besides the fact that he'd been in her graduating class.

She took to offer of roll and that warm smile touched her cheeks and eyes. Her soft thank you, T'pel was barely above a whisper.

"More time to explore the second Weyr ever on Pern?" she asked, curious. "I was eventually going to look around. I wouldn't mind company. It might get a little creepy with just me and Tizalth in my head."

Neighbours? Oh brilliant.

"Oh, we aren't far away at all, are we?" she laughed a little. "I just pointed and chose. Good luck, then, mm? Jumping into the lake sounds lovely when it's hot here. I wonder how hot it does get? Certainly not as much as Ista or Igen."

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair

Threads

“I’m up for a little exploration.” T’pel shrugged, offering a lopsided grin before quickly stifling it. Kestra was nice. He wondered why they hadn’t really had much interaction back at Ista or Katila, but with the general insanity that had been going on in both places, being preoccupied with their dragons, him with Taydi, it made sense that their paths might not have crossed much. Well, now they’d finally got to talk. And he was glad of it, too. She seemed sweet, and he liked that. “I haven’t had a chance to look around all that much other than back and forth from creche to storage.”

Glancing around, he leaned forward and smiled conspiratorially. He could risk sharing a little more. “Then maybe later, we can unpack my stash of klah. It’s way better than this stuff.” He made a face into his mug. It wasn’t awful, but he definitely preferred his own flavorful blend over the bland liquid they’d been drinking. All the cream and sweetening couldn’t dress it up…

“I don’t know that it gets too warm, but if the cold stone floors are anything to judge, summers will be welcome after what looks like it’s going to be a chilly winter.”

PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

He says klah, you drink klah. It would be good for you to have a friend with such talents.

As if I'd say no to it and don't you go plotting with his brown, either. She shook her head lightly at her dragon's willful nature, already trying to make things better for her rider.

"I could scarcely deny myself the pleasure of trying superior klah," she said, genuinely pleased with the idea. "Exploring is thirsty work after all. We can hope for a warm summer season, then, though it will nearly always stay cool in some of the weyrs."

My rider says we are not to plot but I say she is a little daft in that department. What say you, Kyrionth? I enjoy plotting when it makes her happy in the end.

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair

Threads

T’pel shrugged again, smiling at the table, suddenly unsure if his blend was really all that good. You like it. Isn’t that enough to want to share it? Kyrionth prompted him, mentally nudging some confidence into the boy. With a feeling of pride and gratitude for his dragon, T’pel supposed that, yes, that was enough. He nodded. “If you like chocolate, I have a blend I think you’ll find pretty good.”

Out on the heights, the brown’s eyes swirled faster with anticipation and curiosity, realizing that the usual gentle push may not be quite enough for his rider right now…Hm… The brown laughed, amused by the green’s suggestion. I’m not usually one to interfere with such things, but it could be entertaining…

Draining the mug of its contents, T’pel rose. Making quick work of gathering Kestra’s empty mug as well, he placed both on a tray on a nearby table and turned back to the green rider. He held his arms out to the side in a gesture of question. “Well…where shall we start?”

They may benefit from something to keep them on their toes. Provided both are left in good spirits…What do you suggest, Tizalth?

PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

"I do indeed," she murmured with a soft smile. "Chocolate is perfect."

It could be very entertaining and beneficial for them both. Kestra is recovering from a relationship she thought she was in but was not. They are friends, not more. It would be good for her to have company. Tizalth knew her rider had been startled and disappointed at the outcome, moving had been a good excuse to reshuffle her feelings on the matter. There were other better suited people for the young man than she and she was determined to get over the experience, though she wished the dragonman well, of course.

Kestra was starting to perk up, now, just with the fresh air of Benden and the company of T'pel. Tizalth could see that and it was lovely. She left her little sunny spot to find Kyrionth as if that would make their conspiracy all the better.

"Hmm," Kestra hummed. "There are supposed to be gorgeous coloured glass panes somewhere near the bowl. I hear they light everything up when the sun pours through them."

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair

Threads

I will not allow my rider to be used. Kyrionth rattled a low, rumbling growl deep in his chest. So long as that does not happen, I am willing to…plot…for his happiness and pleasure, as well as hers. A shade of orange whirled briefly in his eyes as he replied, but he amicably folded a wing back to allow the green a place to stretch out. He’s not had much more than friendships. Anything more, talk with a friend or otherwise, is new ground. He stretched his neck and turned his whirling gaze toward where he knew the two young people to be. He rolled a few of his favorite words around in his head before deciding on one he liked, from his rider describing Taydarell. What…shenanigans…do you have in mind?

T’pel smiled at the idea. Pretty colored glass? That would be a sight…He vaguely remembered seeing some glasswork from a crafter on Ista, and wondered if it was anything like that. Kestra seemed pleased at the idea, and he certainly had the time to look around. Ky had just been oiled before they left that morning, and there was so little they brought with them, unpacking wasn’t exactly a top concern. Taydi would be in creche for a bit longer, too. He had time. “Sure, lead the way.” He bowed slightly, stretching an arm out toward the open bowl, grabbing a redfruit on his way out.

The big brown cocked his head at the green as he considered something. Our weyr is above the lake...

PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

Is the water too cold to fall into accidentally? The green said as she tucked herself close for warmth. We do not feel cold as they do. She let out a satisfied rumble of a sigh as she nestled close.

My own does not do much more than friendships but it could be more if time lets it. That would be nice. They talk well together.

Oblivious to her dragon's plotting, Kestra took her new friend's arm and they walked until they found the room with all the coloured glass. The sun was just right and lit up the room in a dazzling array of colours.

Kestra smiled brilliantly and gestured.

"It's lovely like this," she said, "all lit up. It might be the best place in the Weyr for a few hours."

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair

Threads

Accidentally? The brown’s laugh reverberated deep in his chest. The water is very cold, but provided one isn’t in it for too long, it wouldn’t do any harm.

Slightly surprised and slightly suddenly nervous at Kestra taking his arm, T’pel gulped a bit. His mind immediately raced toward the possibility of him doing something stupid to make her think poorly of him, and he felt the gentle touch of Kyrionth at the back of his mind, soothing him and assuaging his thoughts. Calmed somewhat, he let the green rider lead them until they found the room, and upon entering, stood, gaping at the reflected light.

“Wow...” he trailed, looking around at all of the fascinating little details. “Yeah, this is beautiful. Really rom—” his eyes went wide as he realized what he was about to say, and he cleared his throat to try and cover it. “Uh, r-really nice.” He flushed, hoping the colors in the room would cover his embarrassed flush. Mentally beating himself up over it, he prayed to the Dawn Sisters that Kestra hadn’t noticed his slip.

Kyrionth’s eyes whirled in amusement. He must learn how to talk and behave with women. Turning to eye the green at his side, he took the situation philosophically. The ledge is slippery when wet... If one helped the other out of the lake, it would bring more conversation and create an event to bond over. He worked his shoulders and snuggled against the other dragon, sounding more smug than usual. I like...plotting.

PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

Hmm. There could be something to that. the green murmured. Rescue is romantic.

Kestra's fingers were light against T'pel's arm and when he nearly said it was a romantic view she was about to agree when he changed it. She gave him a little look her eyes sparkling.

"It is a romantic sort of place," she said with a laugh. "Breathtaking, really." her grip was gentle and she squeezed a little to let him know it was fine. Everything was just fine. It was a pretty room with pretty effects thanks to the beautiful work on the panels.

"Relax, T'pel," she said very softly. "I shan't bite. It's okay to just be yourself. No expectations, here."

Plotting is the best thing to do when unoccupied. I enjoy it. Bonding events are the best kind, I think. Tizalth's mindvoice was particularly smug.

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair

Threads

We should go for a swim. Then perhaps sun on my ledge for a bit. Standing and stretching, a bit like a feline arching its back, Kyrionth yawned and snapped his wings before taking flight, waiting only a moment for the green to follow.

She’d noticed. T’pel froze for a moment while his brain scolded him. Of course she did. Now she’d think he was coming on to her, which, while she was pretty, he had just met her, so that wasn’t his intention, and she probably thought he was he was either a jerk or a hopeless—She squeezed his arm and he forced himself to meet her eyes. She was smiling. And laughing, but not at him. Guess it wasn’t such a big slip, after all. No expectations…

T’pel nodded to himself when Ky mentioned something about going for a swim. It seemed a bit cold, but his brown never really cared too much about that anyway. Didn’t matter how chilly it was. He felt the gentle confidence of Kyrionth once more, and with a calming breath, allowed himself to relax as Kestra had suggested. With a slight smile of his own, he nudged her in a gesture of thanks. “It is beautiful.”

PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

Yes, a swim would do me well. I am dusty after the travel. The green followed Kyrionth a wingbeat later, promptly forgetting about plotting.Between was colder than the lake. She had no problems swimming in it, most dragons did not.

"Do you want to stay here a little bit longer or shall we find that klah you mentioned?"

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair

Threads

“I like this room. It seems like it would be a nice place to relax, read…” T’pel said, smiling more comfortably at the green rider. “But we can always come back later.” He nodded his head in the direction of the doorway and they headed back out.

Kyrionth landed in the lake with a woosh, sending the cold water spraying about him. Settling in, he waited for the green beside him. If you wish for a silly sort of rescue for them to talk further, a bit of water on the ledge should send one of them harmlessly into the lake. he fluttered his wings, kicking and maneuvering himself underneath the ledge to the weyr. I do not imagine harm would come of it. We will be close by, too. Though they seem to be talking easily, now…

The idea of a hot cup of his particular blend of klah warmed T’pel, and he was actually looking forward to haring it and seeing of Kestra found it as delicious as he did.

PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

"It is a lovely place, I think," she agreed. "Perhaps reading here should be an activity to take part in." Klah was a good idea anyway as the Benden climes were much colder than Ista and she was getting used to its variances.

Especially just having arrived.

She followed him quietly, lost in thought.

We will be there. No harm shall come, the green said as she dove neatly and with grace, finding a tasty fish for herself to snack on. At least the fish here taste different. If they are talking easily, Tizalth rumbled, already up and out of the water and on the ledge, dripping everywhere, plotting may be silly.

And then she shook herself, splattering water everywhere.

I have made an error.

Kestra, oblivious to all of this, stepped on a wet patch she wasn't expecting, let out a short, sharp sound that cut off as she quite literally bounce off the ledge with a solid thunk of head against something or other in her way, cut her lip, and hit the Weyrlake's surface. Groggily, she bobbed there with a slight faint flap of her hands to keep her afloat.

Tizalth! You...you shook off the water again!

I am sorry. I forgot! I did not mean you harm. You know that. Oh. You are-- You are woozy in the head! This is not good. You bleed! It is my fault!

Calm yourself, I'm not going to die. But I'm wet and irritated, not mad at you. So be still. There was no sense in getting that dramatic over minor bumps.

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair

Threads

Watching in horror, T’pel felt his stomach drop right over the ledge into the lake with Kestra, before the rest of him followed suit. He didn’t want to lose anyone over such a silly thing as a weyr accident! He’d seen her smack against the ledge on her way down, and if anything happened…

All things considered, his dive was fairly neat and he placed his entry right next to where Kestra had fallen, and he bobbed up next to her mercifully conscious form. He heaved a sigh of relief as he swam in front of her. She had a bruise beginning to color near her hairline, and her lip was split and bleeding, but otherwise, she seemed okay.

Kyrionth swam from where he was under the ledge, his eyes whirling both in concern and somehow, amusement. He spoke to Tizalth on the ledge. I am unsure if that was intentional, but regardless it seemed to have had the desired effect. He paddled closer, dipping a shoulder below the water’s surface, offering a place for the two riders to mount. Do not worry, Tizalth. She is well. I will bring her to you.

After the adrenaline of the moment and the shock of such cold water had worn, both T’pel and Kestra were starting to shiver. He paddled to Kyrionth and helped Kestra up first before settling in behind her. “A-are you okay? I am so sorry, I need to install a rail…”

PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

It was too much water, Kyrionth. I could have killed us. Tizalth herself tucked herself into as small a ball of dragon as she could. Oh, it had been terrible and now she hurt, too. I had not calculated the bounce at all. She should not have hit anything important.

Alas, she had.

"You," Kestra shivered, "need a mat. And some," she swallowed and coughed a little, "yes...a railing. Before true winter, T'pel." She leaned back into whatever warmth she could get from him, then gripped his arm gently.

"It was just a knock. No worse than Weyrlinghood. Faranth, the cold of the water was worse." She paused to catch her breath and then thanked Kyrionth quietly for getting them afloat. "It's alright. I'm a little lightheaded, mostly cold."

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair

Threads

Kyrionth rumbled as he paddled to the edge of the lake. She is fine, Tazalth. Do not worry yourself over what did not happen. Do not fret. Shaking his wings dry, he then bounded up to the ledge where the two young people could slide down before he curled against the huddled figure that was Tizalth, crooning reassurance to her. See? No lasting harm done. She is safe and well. You are safe and well. All is well. He warbled this for all to hear, before adding as a private aside to the green, Perhaps we should not even think to plot, lest it happen regardless of our intentions…

T’pel had wrapped his arms around the green rider in an effort to share warmth, and removing them in order to dismount Ky sent them both into another fit of shivers. Teeth chattering, he made sure Kestra was steady before he rushed inside to grab a thick blanket to take to the girl, then back again to start a fire at the hearth. As the flames crackled to life, he knew it wouldn’t be quite enough to chase away the chill…the soaking wet clothes had to go. He flushed pink, but shoved that away as he rummaged through his trunk for a couple of clean tunics, offering one to Kestra before turning away. Weyrfolk, by nature tended not to be shy, but a little respect and decency were the least he could offer right at that moment.

Somewhere in the kerfuffle, Kyrionth had made his way inside, Tizalth tucked neatly under his wing, and both curled on the brown’s raised stone couch, barely able to fit as they were both very much on the larger side of their size ranges.

Seeing Kestra settled and less flustered, and Tizalth somewhat soothed, T’pel asked, somewhat deflated. “D-do you still want klah? Might help get warm…”

PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

"I am fine, love," she added to Kyrionth's words, with a gentle nudge to the chastised and slowly calming green. Everyone was fine. She accepted the tunic with a soft word of thanks and changed out of her wet things and into the dry tunic.

Perhaps...yes. It is wise not to think about plots. Clearly we are too good at them. She huddled with the brown, snuggling until the last of her anxieties eased and, naturally, she fell asleep.

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair

Threads

Well…she didn’t say ‘no’…and if he made her a mug and she didn’t want it, he could always have it later. Or save it for Taydi. He’d already embarrassed himself a bit in the room with the glass…and she’d already fallen off of his weyr ledge into the water. It really couldn’t get much worse.

He scooped a spoonful of his special mix into the pot, setting it to boil at the hearth, and fished a couple of mugs from his trunk. Sighing, he sat next to the green rider. “Sorry.” He stared into his empty mug. “Not exactly a good way to start life at a new Weyr.”

PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

"It's certainly was exciting, though," she said, still shivering and glad that he was making klah for the both of them. "You've nothing to apologise for, you were a perfect gentleman as was Kyrionth."

She was nothing but smiles for her fellow rider but she was also cold and therefore found herself tucked up close to him. What a first day.

"That klah will do us both wonders. It was a bit of a shock, that's for sure. Good thing the dragons don't mind the cold at all."

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair

Threads

Kestra leaned into him, and he put his arm around her, sharing warmth and a blanket. He sighed in relief. At least she wasn’t upset. And she wasn’t hurt. Really, her being relatively uninjured was all that could be asked for; her not being mad was just a bonus at that point.

Funny what an accident can do to force people closer…earlier he was hesitant for her to take his arm for more than a moment, and now, here they were, she wearing his clothing, cuddled against him, he had his arm around her and they were conversing with relative ease, and he found himself…comfortable. While not the greatest of luck, the fall had been a bit of an icebreaker, for sure. And the ‘something bad’ that usually came when things were going well was already passed, he assumed, so he supposed he could allow himself to enjoy this. She was nice, after all.

The water started boiling and he filled the mugs, handing one to her and wrapping his hands around the other, deeply inhaling the rich scent. He did love his special blends. This one had notes of chocolate and spices that were extra-warming on a cool fall day. He tucked himself back against her, watching her reaction to the brew. “Well? Thoughts?”

PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

"It's perfect," Kestra said with a grin as they cuddles back up together. "You're very good at blending klah. Any Vinter heritage in you?" She nudged him gently, her expression merry even if her head still ached a bit. It ached more than it should but it didn't seem to bother her lifemate.

She'd just rest here with T'pel to keep an eye on her. It really had been a bad knock just not bad enough to make anything complicated. It had made her very tired but so had the water. She leaned a cheek against his shoulder for a while before going back to the klah.

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair

Threads

Kestra sleepily leaned on T’pel’s shoulder and he hid a worried frown. He’d dealt with his little brother’s random injuries enough to know that being sleepy after hitting your head wasn’t a good thing. She shouldn’t go to sleep, at least not until she was feeling better. She should stay awake for maybe another hour or two, at least. Taking it easy and resting was fine, but not sleep. He was going to make sure that she was okay.

“So, what about Benden made you decide to move here?” He prompted, tilting his head to watch her. “For me, it was wanting something…different. Katila and Ista both seemed so similar, Benden is new, and rough, and…yeah, just different. Taydi was pretty game, too. Just, a change…” he trailed off, thinking on the decision. “Plus Telgar is just way too cold. Ky wouldn’t mind, but I don’t think I could take it.” He wiggled his toes absentmindedly and chuckled, fighting a shiver that threatened to creep back up his spine at the thought of a cold, harsh winter.

PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

"It was far away from someone I thought quite liked me," Kestra murmured softly. "But I was just a friend. I suppose I ran away. I'm sure he didn't mean any harm but it hurt nonetheless. Though, I doubt he noticed my departure. He was nice, though, don't get me wrong. I just thought there was something else there than hand-holding friendship. I suppose I left because I was disappointed and hurt at my own misjudgment."

Her lips thinned a little.

"Benden opening up seemed like a spot where most would be making a new start as well. So, here I am, trying not to be an idiot and slipping off your ledge. You were quite gallant to come after me."

PA - First Post!

T'pel
of Brown Kyrionth

Date of Birth
2.2.725, 20
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Thin, trim, lanky
Hair

Threads

Frowning somewhat at the thought, T’pel offered the girl a reassuring squeeze. He wasn’t sure who exactly she was talking about, but he had a couple of ideas on who it might be. There were a number of young bronzeriders close to their age that had the eyes of nearly every girl in all the open Weyrs. “Well, he’s a fool to have ignored you.”

He snorted at her self-depreciating remark and gave a small shake with another squeeze. “You are not and idiot. If anything, that would be me for not getting a rail set up first thing. Ky even commented on how problematic it could be when we settled in this morning. That should have been the first thing I fixed.” He shook his head at his oversight. Tomorrow. He’d get it done tomorrow for sure. He blushed at her comment on his ‘gallantry’, and giggled, flushing red. “I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You hit your head pretty hard, and if anything happened, I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself.”

He was quiet then, contemplating. News of a lost rider or dragon was always horrible…he didn’t want to imagine how the day would be if she’d drowned, or, what could be worse, if Tizalth had betweened in panic thinking her rider had died, leaving Kestra with an empty place in her mind and heart…all over slipping on a stupid ledge. He grunted unhappily at the thought, shifting subconsciously to hold her closer.

You are troubled…She is here. She is well. You need not worry. His brown prodded him gently away from such dark thoughts and he sighed, glad to have his dragon’s reassurances.

“If you were going to slip off of a weyr ledge, I’m glad it was mine.” He stopped, not sure the wording was what he’d intended. “Well…not glad you slipped—I’m glad I was there to help, I mean…”

PA - First Post!

Page Selection

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)