World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 741.10.17 | Rise of the Black Dragon
10:30am | Taith, possibly others

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
The gold had kept herself entertained for what seemed like an eternity, napping on her ledge and soaking up the morning sun for a bit. She was still a little upset that she couldn't go to the Gather too, more so that Cazan had taken another dragon to get there while she was stuck in the Weyr. How was that fair? But there was the promise of a firelizard, all she had to do was keep being sneaky. No one had even stopped by, no one was asking where her rider was, so surely the rest of the day would be easy. Maybe if she practiced being extra sneaky, she'd be able to go with Cazan on her next adventure.

Malvayth thought back to the accident her precious rider had with the dye, how it made her hands black for days, and an idea began to form. She could practice being sneaky if she disguised herself. If being gold drew so much attention, maybe she just needed to be darker, like her brother Taith. That would help! It was a common color for leather, so she knew Cazan kept several large jugs of it in the corner of their weyr where she kept her supplies.

Carefully moving the jugs to her wallow so that she had more room to work with kept her occupied for a little bit, but then she faced a different problem. How to apply the dye to herself. She would need help with this, so she decided to recruit some assistance from one of her favorite siblings. She headed back out to the ledge, and went off to find her darkest, and thus sneakiest, brother.

Taith! Malvayth called quietly to her brother as she paced outside of his weyr. Taith! Can you come out to play? I want your help! Remembering Cazan's warning she added a bit more quietly, But we have to be sneaky. Cazan is napping.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Taith was napping in his wallow while Kor'is tried to pretend he was annoyed with the company that had stopped by. But Taith knew better; his rider didn't mind this man that much and even liked some of their conversations but he believed he had an image to maintain and stuck with indifference even in the privacy of the weyr.

Can I go play with Malvayth? he prodded gently, not wanting to disturb Kor'is or give away how excited he was to play with his sister. Malvayth often had great games to play! He also had felt a bit left out when he wasn't allowed to chase her the other day in that game of tag. When he got permission and the usual spiel to behave, Taith trotted to his ledge, chirped a greeting at Malvayth and joined her.

Hi! What are we going to play? Sneaking around sounds fun. Are we going to surprise someone? Maybe they were going to organise a party for Cazan while she slept! Everyone had been congratulating the pair since their very cool Flight happened so it made sense that they should have a party. Maybe even with cake! Will there be cake?

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Malvayth gave a small tip tapping dance as she circled around Taith excitedly. It will be a fun game! But it's a secret, follow me! She led the way back to her and Cazan's weyr, looking around to make sure no one was watching them too closely before she nudged her brother inside with her nose.

Remember, secret. We're going to practice being sneaky so that I can go on adventures with Cazan, but first I need a disguise. I have these... Malvayth led the way to her wallow to show Taith the jugs of dye. This is Cazan's dye, it's like oil, but it makes things black when you rub it on! So I need you to help me be covered so that I can be a sneaky black dragon instead of a gold one. And maybe we can find a cake! We could steal a cake, like in the stories. If we share the cake after we steal it then it's not bad. We could be sneaky thief heroes!

The more Malvayth thought about it, the better the idea seemed. She grabbed one of Cazan's towels that hadn't been put away and set it down. Maybe we can use this like a rag? Or maybe we just... put the dye down and I can roll in it while you make sure I get everywhere.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

I love it! We'll be twins like Cazan and her brother! Taith knew people viewed how dark he was as odd, since most blue dragons apparently didn't get as dark as he was--or start out as pale. So having Malvayth want to be as dark as his hide sounded great to him! He'd never thought about sneaking about in general but to do it with the end goal of being cake--or adventures with their riders like the original plan was--made sense. Kor'is did like the quiet so sneaking would go well with that.

He considered the options as he sniffed at the jugs and eyed Malvayth. He wasn't sure how best to paint her. He'd seen some younger kids painting a green dragon not too long ago and they used their hands to make pictures but he didn't think that would work as well. So the towel was a good start. What if I dump it down your back? It can drip down your sides and then I can use the towel to start spreading it around more. You can roll over and I can do the same to your belly. Taith was pretty proud of his plan. He'd watch Kor'is paint enough to understand that it could be pretty runny and move around easily so it seemed like a good starting point to him.

Do you think we have enough room in here? Maybe we should go on the ledge? They weren't necessarily crammed into Malvayth's wallow but if they wanted her to lie down or roll around, they'd have to start getting creative in positions. Taith wasn't worried about getting any ink on himself since it would help dull his slightly brighter spots.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Yes! Twins! It was just one more thing that would surely impress Cazan. She would be a beautiful and not shiny black dragon twin for her brother and they would be sneak thief heroes stealing cake to share with their other friends, or maybe just to share with anyone who didn't have their own cake. Maybe she could convince someone to help her slice the cake so she could save a piece for Cazan too for when she was back from her adventure.

She watched her brother nosing about the jugs and then immediately brightened when he presented his idea. Oh that is a good idea! You are the best and brightest brother. She studied her wallow, and considered. There was enough room to curl up in, but not much more than that so having her brother paint her with ink would be awkward at best. We would have more room on the ledge, but could we be as sneaky out there? We would have to be careful so that no one sees us putting on the disguise. That would ruin the point, obviously. You could see someone before a disguise, and after, but not while putting it on.

Mal helped carefully move the jugs back out to the ledge. Just be careful, it tastes bitter and not at all good. Once they had everything out she laid down, flattening herself out as best she could in her best sunbathing pose. Okay I think I'm ready! Tell me when I need to move. And because she trusted her brother to do a good job, and didn't want to get any of the bitterness into her eyes (it would probably sting) she closed them.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

He practiced his sneaky walk as they moved the jugs outside, crouching low and slinking around near the edge. It wouldn’t be too obvious they were up to something if he was spotted just hanging out on his sister’s ledge. He’d just have to make sure the ink wasn’t noticed and no one saw Malvayth before they were finished.

Once she was settled, Taith took a moment to study his canvas. He saw Kor’is do that regularly. He’d just sit and stare at the blank page forever until inspiration struck him. It was fascinating to watch him work and Taith was always proud of the piece that came out of the time working on it, even if his human didn’t always think the same way. One day he’d have more confidence in his work and share it with more people. But as Taith studied Malvayth and held a jug, he started to understand the hesitation. What if he messed up on the first touch of ink?

Hmm… okay, here I go! He figured it didn’t really matter in this case since the whole canvas had to be turned black so it was more making sure he covered her perfectly than creating something special. He upended the jug at the centre of his sister’s back, moving it back and forth to help spread it out. It flowed freely down her sides as he had hoped and Taith squealed and did a little jig where he was standing.

It’s working! He set the jug down and picked up the towel and started swiping the ink around and trilled again as it covered more hide. Malvayth was a genius! He supposed he was as well for thinking of the method to apply it but she had come up with the original idea. They were clearly meant to be partners if there work always went this well!

He continued working with what he had originally poured, doing what he thought was a great job of covering her body. There were some patches of gold that still shone through but he’d worry about those later. He had to cover the bigger spots first! He had her flex a wing or shift a bit as he worked and eventually had her roll over to pour another jug onto her belly.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

The dye was cold, but Malvayth managed to not twitch too much as she felt it tickle and trickle down her hide. She was glad to hear it was working though and the tip of her tail twitched in delight. She was going to be so sneaky! And even if someone saw her, no one would recognize the mysterious black dragon. She was going to get a firelizard and some cake and Cazan would be so proud of her for sneaking that next time she would get to go on the adventure too.

This is exciting! How does it look? She cracked an eye open and craned her neck only a tiny bit to try to get a look at herself and saw a sea of blackness. She let out a pleased trill and shut her eyes again. It looks so cool! You are so good at this! She had clearly chosen the best dragon for the job She waited patiently until Taith told her that he was finished with his masterpiece before she stood up and took a look at herself. It was even better than she'd hoped for, there were bits of gold still peaking out here and there, but it was all stained and muted, like an antique bit of brass or oil stained copper button like the kind Cazan would use for her leather goods sometimes.

This is great! You should color things more. With her disguise complete she carefully peeked over her ledge to eye the rest of the Weyr. Okay, now we have to practice sneaking until we find cake. She turned back to her brother to ask, Where do they keep the cake?

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Even though he liked her golden hide, Taith had to admit that Malvayth looked awesome. He crooned softly under her praise, suddenly shy but still appreciative. He thought he had done well but had still worried she wouldn’t like it. Again, he felt his connection with Kor’is grow stronger as he got a firsthand experience of what it was like to show off his work and wait for what that person would think. He was learning so much from his sister today!

I think cake is kept where our riders go to eat. Kor’is says people are always there making food. Everything from bread to stew to sweet treats. But Taith wasn’t sure how they would sneak in and get it. The entryway didn’t look large enough for dragons, even ones as dark as they were and could blend into the shadows.

How will be start sneaking? It’s a bit bright out… Kor’is said I’m not allowed to practice flying after the sun goes down because I’m harder to see for humans. Should we wait? Taith peeked over the edge, hunkered down low to the ledge to try not to be seen. The Weyr was in its usually flurry of activity. He saw some dragons sunning on their ledges and people dashing here and there but it was still possible they could move around undetected. People were used to dragons going here and there.

Maybe fly down to the shaded area and creep along the wall? It wasn’t too far from the rumoured cake room so it could work! It was just getting the reward after that point he was a little less sure about.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Malvayth studied the Weyr, especially the shaded area that her brother pointed out. If she was careful she could probably make it in one quick drop, if she timed the flare of her wings just right she could land practically in silence. She considered the timing, it was bright out, but Cazan would be back before dark, and she wanted to get in some practice before that so that she could properly show off to her rider. I think we can go now, we don't have to wait.

With another careful look around to make sure no one was watching she jumped off the ledge, dropping like a stone for a bit before opening her wings out wide at the last minute to slow her descent into a soft and controlled landing. Mal crouched, slinking towards the deepest part of the shadow as she looked up to watch for her brother. You should be clear to come down now!

She waited until her brother had flown down before she moved to try to get a better look at the entrance that led to the cake room without drawing any attention. It was definitely too small for even Taith to fit through. Malvayth shifted her weight uncomfortably for a moment as she tried to think of how they could get that cake. Maybe we could recruit a sneaky human to help us? Maybe the children. Children are fun! Or maybe I can see if Rudi can help us. He's my little brown firelizard friend.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Taith pressed up against the wall as tightly as he could to help hide while he took in their surroundings from the new location. So far so good! They were the sneakiest dragons ever! But the next hurdle was a big one and he wasn't sure how to go about it either. Malvayth was coming up with great ideas but which one would work the best for them? Kor'is didn't like children but Taith didn't think they were so bad and they were tiny so they could squeeze in anywhere.

A firelizard might be too tiny to grab more than a piece at a time. Maybe he can be a distraction while we send someone in? That seemed like it could work. Rudi could go in and flit about and distract the workers away from the sweets and someone could swoop in and grab the items! Maybe he could even wriggle in a bit and reach something! He eyed the door he was sure was the right entrance and then glanced down at himself. Probably wouldn't fit anything past his neck in there. Which wasn't a bad thing if he just wanted to grab a treat with his mouth but he wanted to share! Sharing with friends was the best.

Do we know any children? Any that would help us? Taith played with some weyrbrats on their down time but he didn't know any of them really well and didn't want to get one in trouble if they weren't up to the challenge. Maybe it's just us and Rudi after all.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Rudi might be able to take more, he has a pouch now! But a little at a time might work if we can't find any children to help. Recruiting an older friend like Quinvalis or Cazan's new helper Aederyn was also something the gold dragon had considered, and they watched children too so that would be a bonus! Maybe they might be able to help, but she didn't know if they would be able to be sneaky too. I could see if some friends could let us borrow the children they watch, but that might not be sneaky enough. Maybe Rudi can steal a little bit at a time, and we can rebuild the cake out here?

Malvayth was still mulling over the options when a kitchen worker stepped out through the entrance they'd been watching so closely. Mal froze, even held her breath, but that did not stop the woman from turning around and jumping in shock as she saw the giant black beast looming in the shadows. She screamed and Mal cringed. TAITH RUN! SCATTER!

She kicked up some dirt in her haste to turn around before she scrambled off to find another shadowy spot to hide in, ducking her head down low and flattening herself out as much as she could. If she was low they couldn't find her. Maybe. There was a flurry of activity back where the woman was still screaming and though Mal felt terrible for spooking her, she couldn't help but also feel like they had been very, very successful with the disguise. She quietly reached out to her brother a bit sheepishly, I think maybe we did too good a job on my disguise.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Taith was deep in thought, trying to work out the cake puzzle when the woman screamed, which scared him and he chirped back in alarm. Then he had Malvayth telling him to run and scatter so while she dove for a shadow, he took off to a nearby ledge and flattened himself down while carefully peeking over to see if they had been caught.

Kor'is knew something was up when he felt the spike of fear and adrenaline soon after a distant shriek from a woman. He didn't know what Taith was up to but the dragon was with Malvayth so it could only mean trouble. He really didn't want to know but it was better to find out now and prepare his story before G'nen approached him and he learned that way.

He went to the ledge and looked around, finding Taith on someone's ledge acting odd--moreso than usual. Then he saw the kitchen workers milling about and pointing at... was that a black dragon?

What did you two do now?

Umm... nothing? Okay okay, I painted Malvayth black so we could be sneaky thief heroes!

Of course you did. So G'nen and the leadership were going to be on his case, great. And why did Cazan let them do that? That girl was a menace to his sanity. Get off that ledge before you anger someone else and I'll be down soon.

Kor'is waited to make sure Taith returned to the ground before heading down himself. They couldn't be in that much trouble, right? Cazan was the one that let it happen.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

As people kept finding her and pointing and talking, Mal tried to scurry into another dark spot with her best impersonation of a low slung lizard. Mal- I'm sorry! I didn't mean to spook her! It was just cake! Cazan's mind voice should have been a soothing relief to hear, but instead she felt another surge of guilt and fear. How could she prove she was sneaky enough for adventures now?! I just wanted to be sneaky and so I was practicing and Taith came and helped but I kept it a secret I told him you were just napping just like you told me and then he helped me with a disguise but now the disguise is too good and it's scaring people and I know you don't like it when I screech and that will make things scary but I want to because people are staring and some of them are scared and someone's angry but I'm not screeching yet because you said that scares people and I want to go home but if I move they'll see me.

There was a moment of uncomfortable silence as she felt Cazan try to sort through everything. You said they already saw you? Yes I'm sorry my disguise is too good, Taith did a really good job because he is the best brother, but I have to hide now. Okay, shhh, if they already saw you then it's fine if they see you again. You can just go back to our weyr and curl up inside. I'm on my way back, I'll be there soon.

Someone was starting to get a little close and that gave Mal the panic she needed to launch herself into the air as hard and quick as she could, getting up high and away from everyone before landing on her ledge with a skid. She scrambled inside and ran into her wallow, her tail swinging out to collide with bits of loose furniture, sliding it all in front of her in a pile that she could try to hide behind as she waited. I'm sorry. We were being so sneaky though before we got caught. ...yes, getting caught is usually want ends the sneaking. I'll see you soon, Mal.

Now that she felt at least a little bit safe she tried reaching back out to her brother to check on him. Are you safe? Are you in trouble? I'm sorry I wasn't sneaky enough and we got caught.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

I’m okay. Kor’is isn’t too happy, though. I think we’re in big trouble, they’d gotten in trouble before but usually it was a lot of sighing and telling them to calm down and focus. Somehow, this seemed a bit bigger than that and Taith wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do. He knew what he wanted but he didn’t think that would work but he tried anyway. Can I come back up to your weyr? He wanted and needed some cuddles and if they were in trouble together, they should put up a united front.

Can we wait for everyone at Malvayth’s weyr? he directed the question to Kor’is and he felt his rider’s irritation. Taith wasn’t sure why Kor’is disliked the gold pair so much—he thought they were both great! I want to make sure Malvayth is okay.

Fine. It doesn’t matter where we get yelled at. Kor’is turned on his heel and changed course for Cazan’s weyr. He’d never personally been inside but as classmates and their dragons getting along so well, Kor’is had made sure he knew exactly where she lived so he could keep track of Taith a bit better and intervene when needed.

Now was one of those times where he should have been paying more attention. He expected a lecture from G’nen about checking in on the dragon regularly to keep the bond strong and know what they’re up to. That seemed very G’nen. Kor’is rolled his eyes as he approached Cazan’s door and knocked. “Let me in, Cazan. I want to see the level of disaster you let the dragons get into.”

Taith took off again and once more landed on Malvayth’s ledge and crept slowly toward her wallow. Mal? Are you okay? He knew she was upset and he wanted to make her feel better but she had a barricade up so he flopped down on the ground, his nose reaching out to her as closely as he could.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

You can come if you want to. Malvayth was immensely relieved she'd have some company while she waited for Cazan to arrive. She thought about the big trouble they were in and became extra worried that it would get Cazan into trouble too with her sneaky adventure. Now Malvayth would never get to go on sneaky adventures! She was the worst sneak thief.

At least her brother was coming, maybe that would make the trouble better and whatever punishment easier to live with. She tried to stretch her own nose out to meet Taith's when he flopped down on the other side of her little wall, but it wasn't enough. She nudged enough of her wall out of the way to make room for her partner in sneak thievery and waited until they were comfortable before trying to nudge things back into place with her tail. I'm sorry I got you into trouble. You really did a good job though. Maybe next time we try to be sneak thief heroes we should get more help before we start.

There was a little chirp as Rudi, also covered in black ink from rolling in the puddles on the ledge, popped in, worried about Mal. He bounced around the room and the furniture, adding his own tiny black claw marks to the decor before landing on top of his formerly gold friend to offer some additional comfort.

At least the trip from the Gather back to the weyr was short and with some sort of calamity going on with Mal she was relieved to find out that D'hys had actually went and gotten his own permission from the weyrleaders to take Cazan. Something about saving his own hide, which was fine by her since it was one less thing to worry about. She'd owe him a favor, but at the moment she was more worried about Malvayth.

Cazan was only mildly surprised when she saw Kor'is outside her door. "Was it that bad? What did they do?" She frowned as she let him into her weyr and stopped to stare at the mess. "Mal... what did..." she sighed, walking over to the barricade of furniture, ignoring the black stains scattered around from the dye rubbing off. "Are you both okay behind there? Come on, let me take a look at you." She was more worried than angry, shouting wouldn't make the dye magically clean itself up.

Do you like my disguise? Mal quietly asked. Cazan sighed again and had to admit, "I'm actually impressed."

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

I guess planning in the middle of the heist is kind of a bad idea, Taith replied, still sad that everything fell apart but even more so that Malvayth was hurt by it. We'll have to be careful and sneaky while picking out our partners but I think we'll succeed next time. He tried to be positive for his sister. He was generally a positive dragon to begin with but this was all new to him and Taith wasn't sure how easy it would be to succeed next time. But they would figure it out!

"I'd say for you to tell me but it looks like you were a bit too busy to notice your dragon being painted black in your weyr," Kor'is glared at Cazan, waving a hand to her neck that was covered in marks and her dishevelled appearance. Wherever she was, it wasn't in her home and probably not with T'ryn since Syrendryth would have ratted out the baby troublemakers he likely would have been set to babysit.

Kor'is followed her inside and found the dragons huddled up together though Taith back pedaled a bit when Malvayth was asked to come out. He suddenly started laughing as he got a clear view of the black dragon. "We're fucked." Taith may not have been the one coated in ink but he was the one that did it and neither human was around to stop it. The punishment would likely just be scrubbing Malvayth clean and denied some privileges for a while which he could handle.

He went over to Taith and gave the dragon a reassuring pat to his head. "It's fine, kiddo.But I think we need to have a talk about what games are allowed."

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Next time, that was an encouraging thought. Mal gave her brother a small affectionate nudge with her nose as she agreed. We'll do better next time. This was just practice.

"Yes, I was busy. I assume you were also too busy to realize Taith was painting her, but it's fine. Now I know that I have to keep my dyes locked up." Cazan too distracted to be embarrassed by the comment as she looked around at the mess. Considering how much Mal was covered the amount of black, the inside of the weyr wasn't that bad. She sighed and shook her head as she turned back to Mal. "It's... it's hard for me to be angry about this. I agree, we are definitely fucked but... I have to admire the dedication and creativity they had to get this far."

She was fairly sure there was no way for them to completely avoid trouble, but maybe if they just started working on cleaning it up it would lessen whatever sentence they were given. She walked off into her office, exchanged her nice shirt for one of her spare work shirts, and grabbed two aprons, some rags, and the bottle of alcohol that was far too small for this task. "Not sure if you're going to help or not, but here's an apron if you do. You might want to at least check Taith for dye. Mal, let's at least get your head cleaned off first before we move outside."

Caz soaked one of her rags in the alcohol and brought it up to start wiping as much of the dye off of Mal's face as she could. The dragon wrinkled her nose and tried pulling away as she wined. It smells! I don't like it! "Well this is the best way to get you cleaned up, and it's probably important that we get your head cleaned off the most. This is that consequences thing we talked about, remember? If you do something, something else can happen. It's why I'm careful with my measurements before I cut."

But my disguise was so good... how will I be disguised again? Caz sighed and pulled Mal's massive head back closer so she could keep wiping up the stubborn dye. "What if I made you a mask so you could dress up on occasion? You have to talk to me about it first though."

Can Taith have one too? Cazan glanced over at Kor'is and shrugged. "If Taith wants one and Kor'is says it's okay, I can make him one too. Just hold still. I don't have nearly enough alcohol for this..."

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Kor’is took the apron and held it up with a disgusted look. He figured he’d be ordered to clean by someone a tad more important than Cazan. Now that she was telling him to, it felt too much like helping her and being ordered around. He almost dropped the apron and walked out but he knew he was at fault as well—though to a lesser degree—and figured he could look busy for when they were properly busted.

Kor’is, now in his dapper used apron, crouched down before Taith to start examining his front legs. The dragon was already rather dark and he hated to admit that without Cazan pointing it out, he may not have thought about checking Taith for ink as well. The inspection turned up splatters of black that didn’t seem to belong to the pattern and he grabbed a cloth and some alcohol to start wiping it off. He almost left it, deciding Malvayth was in need of the cleaning solution more than Taith but he honestly didn’t want to get too close to the sulking gold right then in case she thrashed around enough that she was suddenly in trouble for murder.

Can I have a mask as well? The question was so softly asked that Kor’is almost missed it. “If Cazan has the time and you stay out of trouble, you can have one as well.” And it was only because of that offer to make Taith a mask that Kor’is didn’t point out that Cazan was constantly sending mixed messages to her dragon. What good was it to praise the creativity of the stunt that landed them all in trouble and then explain consequences?

Maybe he would point it out anyway. He was about to when a knock sounded and a voice announced herself and Kor’is went back to his original statement, “yup. Fucked.”

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

“Hello? Cazan and Kor’is? It’s Weyrwoman Rhaedalyn,” she announced herself as she opened the door, letting herself in with G’nen in tow. Both dragons had been spotted coming here which meant the riders likely were there as well and no doubt busy trying to get rid of the evidence.

Or not.

Well, they were but it would take a lot more hands and scrubbing to clean up Malvayth before anyone spotted them. “Oh dear.” She didn’t know what else to say. That was an awful lot of dye on the once very golden dragon. She oddly looked cute next to her naturally dark clutchmate but Rhaedalyn knew better than to encourage such behaviour with such a comment. Raising young children had taught her as much as running a Weyr had.

“Well. You’re all grounded until further notice—which would have happened soon anyway given Malvayth’s recent Flight. The only exception will be for lessons that Taith can participate in. I know you have between classes starting.” Rhaedalyn paused, mulling that over a moment before she excused her and G’nen for a quick conversation. Malvayth and Cazan would already need a few extra months thanks to the Flight making between lessons impossible so would it be better for her to have a classmate alongside?

She nodded as G’nen explained his take on it and decided he had a point and she didn’t change her ruling but added to it. “Once Malvayth is able to take those lessons, Taith and Kor’is will assist G’nen and Yanth in the training, passing on tips they have learned while practicing creating the jump images together. Until that point,” Rhaedalyn hated being mean but it came with the job and it was a bit of a mess that had been created and she didn’t want repeats from them or anyone copying them.

“You will both work to get Malvayth’s hide clean and your evening free time until Malvayth’s clutch hatches will be spent on the Sands meditating and working with your dragons on building better bonds and stronger mental connections. You both need to pay better attention to what your dragons are up to and you all need to work together on learning what is acceptable.”

She could tell Kor’is was holding back a comment but she didn’t ask what it was. She knew about him and that he had opinions on everything. If he was holding it back, she was sure she didn’t want to know. A closer inspection of the bottle Cazan had near her made Rhaedalyn realise they would need something more to get this job done. “Cazan, please write down what is needed to clean up and if we don’t have it here, I’ll send someone to purchase more. Oh, and you’re not to leave the Weyr with or without permission until you have officially graduated. Any questions?”

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"Fuck." Cazan paused in her cleanup as she felt that sinking feeling that had become more commonplace since she impressed Mal. She hadn't thought the Weyrwoman would get involved, though she supposed it made sense. She was frozen as she stared at Rhaedalyn and G'nen, her hands covered in the dye she'd managed to get off so far, holding a stained alcohol soaked rag. "Ah... hello. Welcome."

She was not at all surprise to hear that she was grounded, but she could feel Malvayth immediately begin to object. Cazan put a quick stop to it, No, do not argue with the Weyrwoman. If you do, then your mom will be very disappointed in you. Do you want that to happen? It's just more of those consequences I mentioned. Besides, it'll be good practice for next time you win that game. Mal still didn't like the idea but she at least didn't say anything, or worse screeched, just sulked and tried to shrink further down.

Being grounded would be easy enough, and getting help with cleaning up Mal was more of a gift than a punishment. But being stuck on the sands with Kor'is? Until Mal's clutch hatched? Absolutely not. She could handle being stuck on the sands and bringing some work to keep her busy, but with that asshole? She didn't want to have to listen to him complain. Don't argue, Malvayth reminded with a small huff. Cazan sighed and nodded. "That... can I bring some leather working supplies with me to the sands? Malvayth likes to watch me work. And I could maybe practice keeping an eye on her while also doing something else." Hopefully Rhaedalyn would say yes.

Another thought came to mind and she quickly asked, "And are we allowed visitors while we're on the sands? Or in general?" The last think Cazan wanted was to not be able to see T'ryn at all, and hopefully he wouldn't be too upset to hear about the trouble they'd gotten into.

Malvayth tried reaching out to the Weyrwoman herself with an apology. I'm sorry I was too spooky... but it was a good disguise.

Remembering that the Weyrwoman had wanted a list of cleaning supplies, Cazan quickly grabbed a piece of paper to write down how much alcohol she thought they would need.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn had been pulling her stern mother's face but it softened when Cazan started asking questions about her time on the Sands. Everyone had made a big deal out of it when she was a weyrling as well and Rhaedalyn had worried she would go crazy or die of boredom while sitting with a cranky dragon. Luckily, Aradissicath loved it and Rhaedalyn had free time to do quite a few things. "A clutching dragon is the best thing for crafters. I spent a lot of time sitting with Aradissicath and sewing for my first couple of times so you should have time for your leather working. You also aren't stuck there, though Malvayth will be. You can still leave to eat or sleep and have visitors--though probably in your weyr than on the Sands. It will depend on how Malvayth is once she clutches."

She turned her attention to Kor'is who didn't seem fond of the punishment but it would lose its impact if it was viewed positively. "Three hours each evening should suffice." No one had been injured and nothing had been damaged so a stricter punishment wasn't necessary but Rhaedalyn still wanted everyone involved to know actions had consequences, especially as they were young dragons, a lady of a Hold, and a boy raised alongside a lord's heir. They were quite the group!

She tried to suppress the smile that wanted to shine at Malvayth's apology but finally allowed a small one to appear. "Thank you, Malvayth. Sometimes spooky is okay but the method for looking that way and your riders not noticing is why everyone is in trouble. You and Taith clearly work well together but you need to work more with your rider to be an excellent team."

After accepting the note, Rhaedalyn waited for any further comments before taking her leave. She felt it went well but once she sat down with R'nya later that night, she knew she would fret that she was too hard on them after all. You were hardest on me, child. I now have even more people on my Sands. Rhaedalyn bit her lip so she wouldn't laugh. She may have forgotten that point but it also worked out. It just means you get to mother some of your older babies and make sure they are all getting along. I'm sure it'll be fine and mostly quiet.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Kor'is stood there glaring at Cazan for causing the mess, then at G'nen for allowing the punishment to happen, and then at Rhaedalyn for coming up with it. Why the fuck was he being dragged into this so hard? He was very close to giving them all a piece of his mind but Taith got to him first. It's okay! Please don't be mad at them. Mal and I were bad and we deserve it. I'm sorry you got punished as well but I'll be super good and we'll work really hard on being a better team and make the Weyrwoman proud and you won't have to talk to Cazan while we clean Malvayth or sit with them.

He was still angry but held his tongue, mostly because he knew it would land him another punishment that would involve living with Cazan or some such bullshit when he tried to blame her for all of it. "Can't wait," he mumbled as Rhaedalyn outlined the times but otherwise he stayed silent until their tormentors left.

"So," he turned to Cazan, idly scritching behind Taith's head knob to keep the blue calm, "was the sex worth all of this?" He didn't know who it was with or where Cazan had been to ignore dragons being painted black in her weyr but it was clear what the activity had been.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Three hours she could do, especially if she could bring some leatherworking supplies with her. She could probably do longer if she didn't have any plans and got really into one of her projects. The fact that she could still have visitors was more a relief than anything else.

Malvayth was at least pleased that her apology was accepted somewhat. She glanced at Taith, excited that the Weyrwoman thought they were a good team. Maybe one day they really would become the best sneak thieves. Though maybe she would become a better team with her rider first. That would probably help. We will be the best team. I'll do my best. There was a tiny bit of uncertainty in Mal's voice as she nudged her rider. She'd gotten a lot better since her youth, but she still knew she wasn't the most clever dragon, and not nearly as clever as Cazan was. She hoped she wouldn't hold them back. I know you will, and I'll try harder too okay? Can I still have a firelizard? What do you think? There was a long pause before the dragon let out a small disappointed grumble. No...

Cazan gave Mal a scratch on her head then resoaked her rag in alcohol to get back to removing more of the dye once Rhaedalyn and G'nen left the to their punishment. The calm she was trying to cultivate was immediately ruined by the bluerider and Cazan turned to study him in annoyance. "Was whatever you were doing worth it? Does it really matter? Would it change anything that is currently happening either way? Or would it just make you happier if I looked like I felt like shit? Should I cry? Because tears are a shitty solvent for dye. If you're going to talk shit get some work done while you're doing it." She turned her attention back to Mal to wipe at more of the ink on her head and move down towards her neck.

After a few deep breaths she added, "And if you're just asking because you're curious and happen to have the tragic affliction of resting bitch voice, then I don't know yet. It was fun enough in the moment."

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 29
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

"It wasn't my weyr and my supplies they were getting into. Taith asking to visit usually implies you're there to keep your dragon under control. And yes, it does matter because you're good at paying lip service but lack follow through," Kor'is shot back, more than annoyed that she wasn't taking any of this seriously. But that was expected from that pair. Cazan didn't have a clue how to do anything other than stitch pieces of leather together and relied on everyone around her to do everything else--including raising an obnoxious dragon. T'ryn must be exhausted from the amount of time spent visiting and baby-sitting them. Malvayth would be T'ryn's third dragon if he recalled the stories correctly about helping N'mor with his after the landslide.

He picked up the rag again and started back in on wiping down a foot. He really didn't look forward to helping with Malvayth knowing he'd end up just as filthy while trying to get it off her. "But I'm so glad you had fun," the sarcasm wasn't hard to miss as Kor'is did his best to tune out the girls and focus on the foot he was scrubbing. But something Rhaedalyn said nagged at his mind until he finally had to ask, "she said you couldn't leave with or without permission... you weren't even in the Weyr, were you?"

You should be nicer to them. I was just as much a part of it as Malvayth and they've been through a lot already with the Flight. Kor'is really didn't care but shook his head as he cut himself off from saying anything else about Cazan and travelling for booty calls.

"While we wait for more alcohol, I'll go down to the laundry and see if there's some old linens we can use. I feel like the handful of rags you have won't be enough," and he needed to get away from Cazan for a bit before he said anything else. He didn't even snark about her ability to keep an eye on Taith while he was away. But he did tell the dragon to behave and touch nothing until he got back.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"A lack of follow through, what the fuck does that even mean? I didn't even want a dragon, I don't pay the best attention in class but at least I attend and get my shit done. I take care of Mal, teach her things, learn things from her." Cazan gave her dragon a fond pat to soothe the surge of worry and then rolled her eyes at Kor'is. "And maybe you should try having fun too on occasion, might help with that big stick up your ass."

Malvayth was doing her best to not be upset, but with all of the negativity in the air she was having trouble. She was becoming anxious, shifting her weight a bit more as the tip of her tail twitched. She knew her rider hadn't wanted her originally, and they'd talked about it a few times when she was feeling insecure, but the fact that Cazan was angry enough to bring it up in front of other people was especially upsetting. She wanted to yell at Kor'is to go away, tell him that no one liked him, but Taith was there and she loved her brother.

"Shh, it's okay. No one important is mad at you, Mal, and who cares what anyone thinks about me? Sometimes you just have to ignore the assholes if you want to get anything done." Cazan murmured the words aloud in an effort to better distract her dragon. She didn't bother saying anything to Kor'is as he left, instead taking a break from cleaning to give her dragon a hug. "We'll be okay, this is just another one of those learning things. Come on, let's go out to the ledge so we have more room."

But people could see me. Mal tried to shrink back down in embarrassment. "Sometimes that happens, and we have to deal with it anyway. Come on, you can practice your acting by pretending like you're not bothered, and you can soak up the sun while you're out too. Then you can help me ignore Kor'is when he gets back." Then, remembering that the bluerider's dragon was still there, she turned to him and said, "It'll be easier to see the dye spots on you too if we're outside."

Cazan grabbed all of her cleaning supplies and walked out to the ledge with her dragon who proceeded to do her best to look unbothered. She got back to work rubbing alcohol soaked rags on Mal's hide to mop up as much of the dye as she could. Hopefully by the time Kor'is got back he'd have calmed down, or at least be in the mood to shut up.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)