World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] [EVENT] 741.10.12 |Gathering Necessities
4pm+

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Once she had everything set up to her liking at Telgar, which necessitated not flying down with the nice bluerider who offered her a ride until the second day at Gather, she felt better. In fact, she was more and more convinced that getting sent out on assignment had been the best change in her entire life.

Away from her father's bellows and insults, away from pesky demands from other Masters, she felt a burgeoning sense of peace. Je'ler's visit had been so ridiculously needed it was almost embarrassing. And, his point about Standing for a dragon of her own had broken free inside her mind like a runner gone wild. So what if she ditched the Hall. What if she actually Impressed at a Hatching? A chance to start over, though she was sharing sure she was going to keep up with her skills. But--

Chirp! A green fire lizard's head poked out of her pack. Ling!

She'd gotten the thing from Weyrlingmaster B'jin after a quick run in and talk about Candidacy and some Weyrlinghood questions. His gold had laid a clutch a bit ago, long enough so that the eggs were just about hatching. She'd barely gotten the egg back before it hatched and Ling Ling, a pretty patterned green burst onto the scene.

"Ling Ling," Meryem said with a sigh, feeling the curious knot of her firelizard in her head. "Just don't steal anything, okay? No one has time for that. I mean it."

Chirp! She worked her way out onto Meryem's shoulder and tried to keep herself to herself. Meryem frowned a little taking the sights of the Gather in a little at a time.

PA - First Post!

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Je'ler set down the last barrel of wine at the stall and wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand. No more trips right? Right, all done with that delivery, so you can relax and listen to the harpers sing. He felt a sense of relief wash over him from the dragon followed by a soft satisfaction as she found a good spot to curl up in so that she could listen to the songs.

He started singing his own song softly under his breath as he wandered the stalls, looking for anything that caught his eye. There was a bright emerald green scarf that matched Isperinath's hide that was incredibly soft to the touch, and with the weather getting colder it was an obvious purchase. After a few more small purchases, a new belt, new bag, and Je'ler was ordering a tall mug of ale and settling in to people watch.

A familiar woman caught his eye and he grinned, waving as he called out, "Merry!" He got up out of his seat to casually saunter over, drinking as he went. "Glad to see you were able to make it to the Gather. Having fun? Who's this little lady?" He gestured to her firelizard with a smile. "I don't remember her, was she hiding or just new?"

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"Je'ler!" Meryem said with a grin. "This is Ling Ling and yes, she's new. B'jin had an egg left and gifted it to me. We were talking Weyrlinghood stories and Candidacy. I'm still thinking on it but part of me owes Harper Hall for teaching and education, so we'll see."

She absently pet the firelizard and smiled easily.

"Even a firelizard packs quite an interesting Impression, though I can imagine that a dragonet is a multitude more." It would have to be considering the connection was so much stronger and dragons were far more intelligent.

PA - First Post!

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

"Well she is a pretty little thing, must have learned that from you." Je'ler grinned, unable to resist the silly urge to flirt a bit. "And you can probably still use that fancy Harper education after you impress. Just maybe don't tell anyone at Harper Hall. By the time your dragon finds you it'll be too late for them to do anything about it. But I'm probably not the best role model to listen to about that. Or anything at all really."

Je'ler took a long drink from his ale mug, studying Meryem for a moment before nodding in the direction of the bar tent he'd just been sitting at. "Want to take a break from the Gather and join me? I could get you a drink, maybe a little treat for Ling Ling while I'm at it. Maybe you can tell me more about yourself." He wasn't sure it was a good idea, but what harm could a little bit of flirting and a friendly conversation over ale do?

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"I could be a Weyrharper," she said with a laugh, though that sounded really good, too. "Sure, why not. There's not really much to tell but an ale sounds pretty good. Ling Ling never turns down treats."

Nor did she, really. Gather was all about treats and things to buy and she'd have to grab some furs and the like before she went back to Telgar - home. She felt free for the first time in turns so yes to ale and thank goodness for Telgar Weyr's request. If her father had sent there to punish her, well, he completely failed.

There was something freeing about literally being anywhere than Harper Hall and she couldn't help but relish it.

"There is nothing like a good ale on a day that warrants it."

PA - First Post!

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

"Or maybe a wereharper, singing songs every full moon." Jel'er smiled as he went to fetch another ale for himself and one for Meryem, along with a small snack that they could share, crisped bread with some bits of meat piled on top with a sauce. "One ale for you, another for me, and a plate that we can share with little Ling Ling." He offered the tiny green a small piece of meat as he finished off his first ale to make room for the second.

"So, did they teach you to dance in Harper Hall too? Or just sing and play music? Maybe we could take a spin after I drink enough to have rhythm." Je'ler considered how friendly the offer sounded and did a mental check in with Isper. Of course the slinky green lizard had found someone to cuddle up with so that she could try to subtly get Je'ler into a mood. He took a long sip of his ale before offering an alternative suggestion. "Or we can drink and roam like hooligans, prowling about looking for anything shiny that catches our eye."

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"A wereharper, indeed," Meryem snorted. "Yes, they taught me to dance. I shan't step on your toes if you fancy a whirl." Her voice was softly teasing. "I'm up to date in the new ones and the old."

Ling Ling was entirely happy to accept food from, well, anyone. How she managed to chew and coo at the same time was beyond Meryem. It, apparently, was one more firelizard quirk. And it was rather cute.

"I haven't checked the stalls quite yet. Ii figured I'd find some nice furs or a wrap against the evening chill. Perhaps a bauble of some sort to wear. I hear frosted glass is a rather big deal lately. Something in the way pieces are tumbled and then carved. Who knows what shines are waiting?"

Ling Ling's eyes whirled faster.

"Ah, pet, if you go stealing items, you'll never get any good treats." Ling Ling puffed herself up and then very slowly deflated. "Okay, making me feel like a monster is just unfair. I already told you, don't take things that aren't yours."

She flicked at glance at Je'ler.

"I can't believe I'm being manipulated by a firelizard."

PA - First Post!

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

"Firelizards are terrible like that. Cheeky and greedy little things who know how to tug on your heart strings to get what they want. Though maybe if she's so fond of stealing, she could have a good eye and help you pick out a nice bauble to wear. I could help carry the treats so she doesn't get too carried away on you." Je'ler grinned as he passed another little meaty morsel to Ling Ling.

"Though, furs and wraps aren't the only way to keep warm. Company's also a good way to keep the chill out," Je'ler said with a cheeky grin as he finished his ale. "I might be tempted to brave the cold if I knew I had a nice toasty fire waiting for me." It was a bold play, but the alcohol was calling for bold plays and Je'ler was not the best at resisting that siren song.

And anyway, it wasn't like he was trying to do anything serious. Just a friendly invitation for a little casual fun. He popped a piece of food into his mouth before offering another piece to Ling Ling. "So, dance, more drink, or shopping? Up to you, Merry."

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"You're inviting trouble, Je'ler. She'll drop by unannounced looking for morsels at this rate." Her lips twitched in a smile. Ling Ling was a greedy little thing, it was true and she did have an eye for pretties. Meryem was not one for over-adornment but perhaps a little collar for Ling Ling would calm her down.

"Shopping," she decided. "If she likes baubles so much perhaps she needs a collar. Perhaps later for a dance, though."

A Je'ler, she laughed softly at his boldness.

"There's always a fire at Telgar," she teased gently. "And I don't mind company in the least, seeing I have a bed that'll fit more than myself, now." Ling Ling hopped up into Je'ler's arm, cooing ridiculously and looking far too sweet for her own good.

That firelizard was going to get her killed her someday.

PA - First Post!

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

"Well at least she'll look cute when she drops by. Then she'll end up sad and disappointed when she finds I don't normally keep treats with me." He chuckled as he stood up and offered Meryem his arm. Even if he had a few ales in him, and a little bit of wine on the side, he could still be a gentleman. He blinked in confusion and laughed when Ling Ling took the offer up instead. "Well, hello to you too. How about we just put you over here," he picked up the fire lizard with his other hand, gently maneuvering her to sit on his other shoulder. "There we go, nice and comfortable and still room for Merry. Let's go find something shiny."

Je'ler considered her teasing mention of there always being a fire at Telgar and ignored Isperinath's giggling that began to ring in his head. "I think I can provide occasional company. I suppose I'll have to just start bringing you a small sample of wine whenever I end up that way. Oh, and speaking of samples. I did have a spare bottle of that spiced apple mead in my bag." He fished out the bottle and passed it over to her with a smile. He'd brought it along to trade or drink himself later on in the day, but fulfilling his promised delivery early was also fine.

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"Yes, she will look stupidly cute." Oh no, Ling Ling decided Je'ler was her new friend. Merry shook her head. "Knowing her, she'll find something to jam in her mouth."

She eyed Je'ler as she took his arm.

"I can deal with occasional," she said dryly. "You have a life running about already and I have my instruments and duties. Wine samples will be greatly appreciated." She took the offered wineskin and popped the cap. "That smells amazing."

Taking a sip, she rolled it around in her mouth and then smiled.

"Well done."

PA - First Post!

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

"Eh, she can't possibly eat all of my brewing supplies. I'm sure it'll be fine." Je'ler chuckled, but did make a mental note to check that his fermenting equipment was safe enough to withstand any curious tampering. The last thing he needed was an accidentally pickled fire lizard.

"Wine and music are the backbone of society I say. How could anyone possibly be civil if they lacked either of those? We are both clearly very, very important." He watched her sample the spiced apple mead, and nodded once she'd delivered her verdict. "Why thank you. Isper helps me taste test every new little experiment to make sure that it passes muster. I like to experiment and try new things, and I'm very pleased with how this one turned out. I'll probably be making it a regular addition, at least during the cooler months."

He paused at a small stall that displayed a few pet wares, including a variety of collars in varying sizes with little loops to hang charms off of. "What about one of those? You could get Ling a new little shiny every now and then to hang off it. Maybe time I stop by I could even bring her a new little bauble to add to it... in perhaps a few days?" Je'ler couldn't help but wiggle his eyebrows at the proposition.

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

"I would hope she'd behave," Meryem said with a roll of her eyes. "Or she'll be drunk on something and ruin its taste besides." She wasn't really that bad and the look on Meryem's face clearly said as much.

"Man, we're the lads and lasses called in when reason has fled. Very important."

They stopped by stalls here and there and by the time they'd gotten to the collars Ling Ling had turned herself into a collar around Je'ler's neck, draped comfortably and near about purring.

Warm, good, comfortable, nice, happy.

"Faranth, Je'ler," Meryem said, "Ling Ling has fallen for your wiles." She studied the collars and found one in a shiny green that went well with her hide and had a nice little pouch as well. Enough for marks or notes at least. It did have a lovely little ring for a bauble, yes. Ling Ling's eyes whirled quickly.

Bauble!

"Well, she certainly agrees with that idea." The corners of er eyes crinkled a little as she laughed. "If you like," she murmured. "I'm sure she'll love the attention."

PA - First Post!

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

"A drunk fire lizard might be funny to watch," Je'ler said with a small smirk. "It probably wouldn't be good for her but... eh she seems tough. I'm sure she'll sort it out if anything happens." He reached up to pet his new fire lizard collar for a moment. "And there's nothing wrong with my wiles. Maybe Ling Ling just has good taste in necks to drape herself around."

Je'ler eyed the collars and baubles, not intent on buying one at the moment but looking for ideas. If he brought something for the little lizard as a gift and low key bribe to be left alone while he attempted to work his magic, he could at least make it a surprise.

"So, a shiny little treasure for this little treasure, some more wine for you, and my charming and delightful company later on this week. I'd offer to bring a snack to but... you'll already be there." He gave her another cheeky grin. He felt Isperinath groan in his head, and that only made him even more delighted.

Date of Birth
31.10.723, 22
Height
5'3"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown/Black

Threads

He was terrible at flirting but that was alright, at least he was good company. Her eyebrow arched slightly as she laughed.

"I'm not much of a snack, Je'ler," she teased. "But I do enjoy a good evening." Which she did. "Ling Ling will probably obsess over said bauble for ages."

Indeed she would. She'd wash it and make it sparkle and then if she wasn't wearing it, she'd make Merry put it on her like it was the best thing ever. So silly but so Ling Ling. She already had a crazy personality and she was barely out of her egg. At least she knew where to go to get fish or whatever she decided she wanted. Her feedings were less and less because she'd already eaten with the others of the Weyr. In the cold of Telgar, they spent their days probably at Igen or Ista.

"Either way, you're always welcome," Merry said with a soft laugh. "Terrible flirting or not."

PA - First Post!

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Je'ler chuckled. "Oh I think you'd be an enjoyable enough snack for a fun evening. And Ling Ling appreciates my flirtations. She thinks I'm properly witty, don't you?" He glanced at the little green and gave her a pat. He took a moment to look over the little charms again, tempted to just buy one immediately instead of waiting for his next trip up to Telgar. But then he might have to get another one, fire lizards tended to be a bit greedy from the ones he knew. One gift to a tiny fire lizard was fine, but a second! No, that was far too many gifts in too short a time span. She'd have little expectations of him then. He'd hold off getting the bauble for his visit. And besides, that would give him more time to pick one out.

Are you worried that a fire lizard might get attached now? his dragon teased. Je'ler picked up a small bauble to get a closer look at it and then put it back as he stifled a chuckle. No, of course not. I'm only worried she'll demand gifts every time she sees me. Fire lizards are much harder to hide from than people. Also harder to keep our of your pockets.

Still, he'd had a very nice and pleasant time, made a new friend out of Merrry's fire lizard, and more importantly, had a very vague time to meet up for a bit of fun. It was probably a good time to take his new scarf and get himself and Isper back home. Je'ler gave Merry one more grin. "I've just remembered that I had another cask of wine to run before I bumped into you. I'll be sure to stop by and visit next time I do a run to Telgar. And both of you ladies, keep having a wonderful day. Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

He reached up to carefully unwind the fire lizard from around his neck and gave her one more little pat to the head before handing her back to Merry. With one more quick farewell he started to hum as he wandered back off to find Isper. Oh are we running away now? Oh hush, you.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)