World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 741.09.29 | Labels
8pm | T'ryn

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Malvayth was so antsy that it almost made Cazan itchy as she lay there covered in sweat, catching her breath in T'ryn's arms. She was too caught up in the lingering pleasure that was pulsing through her body and an almost incomprehensible sense of satisfaction to really pick up more than that from her dragon. She even jumped slightly when Mal's voice softly bubbled in her mind, both eager and uncertain. What was that?

"That was good. That's what it was." She'd meant to just think the response to her dragon, but it was fine spoken aloud as well, especially since T'ryn had seemed anxious about his performance. She snuggled in closer to her... friend? Lover? Boyfriend? It wasn't the first time she'd pondered over the labels, but in the moment it seemed like something she really should have figured out. But was it really the time to ask? If she was honest with herself, she'd probably avoid asking it entirely if she put it off. She stretched up to give the man a kiss, very similar to the one that had sent them down this path in the first place when he stopped by to visit with a plate of fruit and wearing the fantastic pants she'd made.

"I have a question," she said, her voice still breathy as she pulled back from the kiss. "Are.. are we dating? Do I call you my boyfriend? I just want to make sure I don't use the wrong word. You probably deserve something a bit better than 'mouth friend' at least." It was still odd to hear her ask the question aloud. It had been less than a year ago when she thought she was just going to carry on with her life until her parents finally succeeded in marrying her off. She wasn't sure which was more jarring to think about; the face that she had found a man she felt close to who wasn't her brother, or that she wanted to call him something more than just a friend.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
T’ryn had an arm draped loosely around Cazan—because anything more than that counted as too much effort—as his racing heart and breathing did their best to return to normal. He chuckled lightly at Cazan’s words that he felt were likely meant for Malvayth but knew too well how hard it was to focus or not realise it had been said aloud and not mentally when emotions were every which way. Still, he was happy to hear it as well and managed a light squeeze of a hug in response.

He’d fretted over Malvayth being ready for such things, then fretted over being a good lover since he knew a bit of her past relations and how it seemed like she hadn’t had any interest in sex. Without throwing in some odd kinks and forcing himself to stop thinking about every action he was taking, T’ryn still didn’t think highly of himself in the bedroom and had made sure Cazan knew she could speak up and tell him what she enjoyed. Eventually he stopped asking and stopped with that pesky thinking and went with feeling and it seemed liked it worked out well thanks to the kiss that followed the statement.

He would have been content to linger in that moment a while longer but then a threat of a question came and T’ryn braced himself, fearing the worst no matter what had just been said. He managed a lopsided grin at the thought of telling everyone they were mouth friends as it was an odd turn of phrase but still somewhat accurate.

Because what else were they? One thing he had purposely not thought about was labels. There had been a point a year or so ago where he believed he wasn’t meant for a relationship or that maybe his friends had been right and keeping it casual was the best way to go. But he cared too deeply for people. If he fell along the way and it was one-sided, then he’d just keep that inside and wallow in more self-pity like past break ups.

Did he dare hope this creative, witty, intelligent, and beautiful woman liked him enough to want to be something more official than friends that sometimes made out when surprise dragons didn’t put a stop to it? He wanted to say lying naked in bed after sex seemed to indicate that was the case, but what if it reaffirmed her stance that kissing and blowjobs were enough and just something to do with a friend like playing a game of cards?

“I really want to turn the question back around on you but I feel like that would be cheating or cowardly so I suppose I’ll just say something and see how it goes.” T’ryn stared up at the ceiling for a moment to gather some courage and then shifted his gaze back to the inquisitive face before him. “I would like to be your boyfriend but if you’re more comfortable being friends with benefits, I can go with that as well.” Was that panicked desperation creeping into his voice? Whatever label she wanted, he would accept so he wouldn’t lose her friendship. He really did like spending time with Cazan.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Was T'ryn taking a long time to answer or was she just so anxious about the outcome that it just seemed like it was taking a long time? Cazan resisted the urge to drum her fingers on his chest impatiently, instead forcing herself into a patient but excruciating stillness. She was beginning to think that perhaps she shouldn't have asked the question at all when he spoke.

Cazan smiled, happy to hear that he wanted something a bit more too, even if he seemed uncertain about what she wanted. That was fair, since she wasn't completely sure either. "I think boyfriend would be nice, unless you can think of a better word for it," she said as her fingers took advantage of her distraction to escape their idleness and drum on T'ryn's chest. Really it wasn't the word itself that she necessarily cared about she realized; it was more that she wanted to know, and was rather glad to find, that there was something more there between the two of them.

"Boyfriend," she smiled as she tried the word out again. She wasn't sure if the new label would actually change anything, or if it would just offer a bit of clarity for what they had so that maybe she could avoid second guessing things. Either way she was pleased with the situation and adjusted her head to place a lazy kiss on T'ryn's skin before she settled back into their cuddle.

"I should probably send a letter to my family to let them know. Maybe one day you can even meet them beyond just stopping by to say I suddenly have a dragon and to grab some of my things. Or is that not a thing that they do in the weyr?" She definitely had met some of his family at the party long ago, though she'd gotten rather drunk and couldn't remember as much as she wanted to. Hopefully she hadn't made too terrible of an impression.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

A better word? He supposed ‘mate’ was better than ‘boyfriend’ depending on what definition of better they were going for and T’ryn didn’t think they were at that step yet. In fact, he was starting to panic over having a girlfriend, even if the girl in question seemed happy with that. His romantic history wasn’t exactly stellar and the one time he tried to have a girlfriend—she wasn’t interested in commitment. So maybe he could change their label? Malvayth called them ‘mouth friends’ and she wasn’t wrong, so what else would she call them now that sex was possibly involved? ‘Wrestle friends’ seemed like a fair guess and T’ryn was close to suggesting it until Cazan nestled up against him again and he was reminded how much he enjoyed their cuddling. Cuddling was much more suited for a boyfriend and not a wrestle friend.

“Your parents… right. Can’t wait for that meeting.” T’ryn gave a nervous laugh as he thought about how much he wanted that to go smoothly but knew how horrible it would end up. He was the reason their precious daughter was now a dragonrider and he was the one she was currently dating. Both threw their master plans for Cazan right off course… though if he was honest, he was glad. Selfishly, it was because he got to spend so much time with her, but mostly it was because Cazan was now a lot freer to do what she wanted without being used for her parents’ benefit. He liked Holders and found most of their ways of life to be fascinating, but some of it boggled his mind and even angered him.

He kissed the top of Cazan’s head, hoping she was happy with her life. “And I can’t wait to reintroduce you as my girlfriend to my family. My aunt Eridella seemed to like you and I think I’ll have a jealous cousin glaring at me the entire time.”

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan smirked at the nervous laughter, shaking her head. "You don't have to meet them if you don't want to. I doubt they'd bother with making the journey here to intrude, so all we have to do is avoid Katz Field." She would still write a letter to at least let her brother know, and hopefully Rudi would be able to deliver it as well as bring back a reply. Malvayth's newest and tiniest friend always managed to pop in at the oddest times, though so far he tended to linger around the dragon more than anything else when he was around.

"Hopefully I didn't disappoint anyone in your family or embarrass you during that party. I'll try not to drink so much next time. Maybe a single glass of wine with food. And really? A jealous cousin? I'm not sure I remember him." Cazan's eyes widened and her cheeks reddened as she pushed herself up to stare at T'ryn. "I didn't... flirt with him did I? Or anything else? I don't think I punched anyone..." She would be absolutely mortified if she'd hit or hit on T'ryn's cousin, or worse. Most of all she really hoped this was not another repeat of the party incident when she was still a teenager.

She took a deep breath to try and focus more on the present. The past was already over with, but she could probably salvage things. "Maybe I can just make your aunt something nice so that she forgets or forgives anything that may or may not happened during the party... do you think she would like a purse? Perhaps some shoes?" Cazan focused back on T'ryn and was very quickly reminded of just how naked and warm and just generally handsome he was. A lopsided smile formed on her face as she gave him a quick kiss and settled back to cuddle. "Or I can worry about that later. We should probably get some food eventually. Mal's antsy about something, so she probably wants to spend time with you too."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

He was smiling and doing his best not to laugh over the panic that seemed to take hold of Cazan as she thought back to the party he brought her to. They were quite the couple with how they both liked to worry about the smallest things. A couple. He liked that—even with his own worries of not living up to any expectations were still lingering. But, like Cazan said, he could worry about that later and just enjoy what they found together first. “I will gladly spend time with Malvayth. She’s been so good with sharing you and giving us alone time.”

He was genuine in his statement but the sincerity melted away as he couldn’t help but playfully tease Cazan once more about his family, “and the cousin in question is Dellarn. He recently turned eleven and I don’t recall you flirting with or punching him.” Of course he had been pulled away for a short bit by Casa but T’ryn was confident Cazan had behaved in that time, just as she had the rest of the evening. “Though, you do like younger men so maybe I should keep you away from A’tay and Mallarid.”

Laughing, he wriggled free of her grasp to slip out of bed but bent back down to kiss Cazan lightly on the lips. “Stay put. I’ll go grab the fruit and we’ll be naughty and eat in bed before I tell Malvayth another story.” He had taken to telling the gold pair stories of his childhood in Katila, knowing how fantastical some of it seemed to the Holder and her young dragon. Most of it wasn’t that exciting as he didn’t get into as much trouble as his friends so he told some of their stories as well. Knowing how much Malvayth’s love of firelizards had grown recently, he decided he’d tell her about R’nd discovering the first post-plague clutch and accidentally Impressing to Rell. That seemed like something she’d enjoy.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)