World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 741.09.04 | An Apparently Amicable Acquaintance
3pm | B'kit

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Things were going rather smoothly, at least as far as Corvilis could determine. He was already technically a candidate, and so far that just seemed like the equivalent of a junior apprentice for dragon riders. He had to attend some sort of class, do chores to basically make sure he had a place to stay, pay lip service to the people who already had dragons, and wait for some eggs to happen in a few months or so. This would be easy; he just had to keep his nose clean for a bit. Not that Sky was helping that any.

While Fern was content to be lazy and just beg for his attention when she was feeling bored, Sky seemed determined to just proactively perform the various tricks he knew to try and impress his master. At least so far the blue firelizard had just been stealing a few worthless but shiny trinkets and opening things at random, things that would probably not get them into a bunch of trouble, he hoped.

At least it would be an excuse to introduce himself to a few more people around the weyr. Corvilis dug through his pockets to pull out Sky's latest acquisition, a leather bracelet with some shiny beads woven into it, and decided to approach a rider with his rather young looking blue dragon.

As he walked closer he saw that the blue dragon wasn't just small, but also rather skinnier than he expected. Was it sick? He didn't think dragons normally got that thin. It probably wouldn't hurt to ask once he'd broken the ice a bit. He put on a friendly smile and waved. "Hello! I found this bracelet, does it look familiar to you at all? And it is nice to meet you, I'm Corvilis, still rather new here."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Dark brown, trusting, and frequently lit up with laughter.
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
Erebuth had been complaining of a stiff leg after an awkward landing on their most recent hunting trip, so B’kit had arranged for a quick check up. They given him an oil to rub on the joint and he and the blue had found a quiet spot in the Bowl where he could try out the treatment. Naturally the blue had insisted on a proper oiling, earning him fond teasing from his rider.

Kitt was cleaning his hands off on a spare rag when he heard the greeting and looked up. “Uhm hi,” he replied with a smile of his own. He offered a hand—the one not clutching an oily cloth—and added, “B’kit of Erebuth, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” The blue cracked an eye open at his name, gave a sleepy snort, and tucked his head under his wing. He’d gotten much better with strangers over the turn—and it was astounding to think it had already been a full Turn since they Impressed—but he wasn’t feeling particularly energetic today.

He took the bracelet and examined it for a moment before handing it back. “It looks a bit like one of the ones R’dal makes, but I don’t remember who he gave that one to. I can check with Sh’ran to see if he knows, or send a note over to R’dal with my firelizard. If you want.” He offered with a smile.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Corvilis took the man's hand in an eager handshake. "B'kit? Nice to met you. And Erebuth must be this guy right here." He took a moment to examine the blue and realized that up close he looked rather gaunt and not what he expected a healthy dragon to look like. Maybe a recent ailment had taken its toll on the creature. Maybe some of them were just naturally that thin, like coursing dogs.

He turned his attention back to the rider, plastering on a smile as he nodded. "A note to the maker would probably be the best, thank you."

Sky, in all of his eager ambition, crept over towards the new stranger Corvilis was speaking to, curious if he could win a treat and some pets with a bit of proactive cleverness. Fern peeked her delicate emerald head out of the bag to just blink curiously, wondering if treats would be coming. Corvilis reached down to scratch the top of her head and stroke along the length of her neck to keep her satisfied enough to not beg. He gestured towards Erebuth and asked, "If you don't mind me asking, how old is he? Is he fast? I'm trying to learn as much as I can to help with the candidate classes, hopefully I can make a few friends too."

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Dark brown, trusting, and frequently lit up with laughter.
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
“I’ll send one tonight,” B’kit promised. He’d been meaning to write to R’dal anyway.

With the mention of candidacy, Kitt grinned. “So you were Searched, huh? How are you adjusting to Weyr life so far? Scandalized yet?” He laughed, teasing a bit. But like many young riders, he couldn’t resist talking about his dragon.

“We Impressed just over a Turn ago,” B’kit said, scratching Erebuth’s eye ridge affectionately, and smiling as the blue murmured sleepy appreciation. “He’s smallish for a blue, but more than makes up for it with his gumption. Utterly fearless in the air.” Not knowing the other well, he didn’t want to dwell on Erebuth’s rough start or general health

They talked a bit about candidate classes and pointers on who Corvilis could turn to for help while adjusting to life in the Weyr. Kitt felt a firelizard perch lightly on him and stretch down his back, and figured it was just Nutmeg being silly till he felt a slight tugging at his belt pouch. It had some decorative baubles on the strings, which had attracted the attention of an unknown flit.

He laughed and disentangled the cords from its claws. “Hello there, little sticky-claws. Who might you be?” The lizard looked like it was debating trying to fly off or pop between, till he pulled out a treat from his pocket and held it out. He’d gotten in the habit of keeping some around for rewarding Nutty or his friends’ firelizards when they delivered messages. “It’s less shiny, I know, but much tastier than those beads.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'lis
of Brown Pharalth

Date of Birth
02.05.721, 23
Height
6'0"
Eyes
Black
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

"I'm adjusting rather well so far, not quite scandalized. I actually think it's refreshing in a way. At least things seem far more interesting here. I just have to get my bearings enough that I can find some entertainment of my own. Maybe a good tree to climb." Corvilis smiled in return. He could see how the much more open attitude they had in the Weyr would scandalize a lot of people back in the holds, but it was rather nice. One less thing to skulk about for. He didn't bother to go over the details of how he arrived, no one needed to know the boring stuff after all.

He took another look at the sleepy blue. It was good to know he was small side, when Corvilis acquired his own dragon there was probably a good chance he'd be working with a larger dragon then. It was nice to see how much B'kit obviously cared about his dragon, calling out his fearlessness. It reminded him a lot of men talking about their favorite dogs, or even about their favorite people. Some of the best stories started out with describing some man or beast's fearlessness getting them into or out of trouble. "Fearless in the air, I like it. You must have some fun stories."

Sky's antics stole his attention though and he watched the little blue fire lizard get caught red clawed. At the offer of treats the little lizard turned to look at Corvilis, his head tilted curiously as if asking permission. "Oh go on, he seems nice enough for you to get a snack."

Sky immediately released his shiny prize in exchange for the treat. At that Fern left the cozy comfort of her pouch to land her delicate emerald body on B'kit's shoulder to beg for her own treat. Corvilis sighed, thankful that B'kit didn't seem upset by the incident. "And now you're in trouble because Fern loves to be spoiled. The blue is Sky, sorry if he was being a bother."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)