World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 741.06.25 | Aerial Acrobat
10am | open

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Did you see that! Did you see?! Malvayth's soft voice bubbled with excitement in Cazan's head. She knew in her gut that the dragon had just done a roll in mid air, spinning like a top, but looked up from her work on the leather straps anyway. Show me again, can you do it while you're flying sideways instead of just straight down?

I can! Watch! The gold dragon spread her wings, beating them furiously to gain speed before she tucked one wing in then the other, performing the barrel roll like she'd been flying for years rather than a couple of month or so. Cazan watched the display, marveling for a moment at how quickly her tubby little gold ball had turned into the monster soaring overhead. Fourteen feet tall at the withers and twenty seven feet long, far too big to sprawl on her lap anymore though the gold did still try to get as close as she could sometimes with just her chin crushing her rider's legs. The growth spurt had brought other changes too, Mal was much leaner now, and if Cazan hadn't been there from the beginning she would have had a hard time imagining how tubby the dragon once was. Her hide was getting brighter with every oiling, turning almost orange in some places.

Cazan reached up to scratch at her jaw and realized the itch wasn't hers. Very nice. You should come down and either take a swim or let me oil you. Probably both. The reply was a whine that threatened to turn into a tantrum. But I'm having fun! Caz sighed and shook her head. I know you are, and you are such a good flyer that it's a shame to have to bring you down, but you're starting to get a bit dry. You can go back up if you want after I give you a good oiling, okay? Hopefully Mal would realize she was getting tired by then and settle in for a nap. The dragon had been rather sensitive of her intellectual shortcomings when she was younger, that now that she finally had found something she excelled at she never wanted to stop. Some of their classmates had to be encouraged to fly, Mal had to be coaxed back down. Not that Cazan minded. It gave her a little bit of time to do some more leatherwork.

The gold gave one more excited roll in the sky, wings flaring out dramatically before she made her way back down towards the pond to splash into it playfully. Caz put away the straps into her bag and pulled out the oil as she waited for Mal to finish playing around so she could get to work on her oiling. Hopefuly afterwards there would be a nap and she could get some more work done uninterrupted.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Quinvalis loved watching the dragons as they played in the air, gliding and twirling and even dropping before catching themselves again. It looked so effortless and fun and... free. Sometimes he was a bit envious of the way they could get away from it all, even if only for a few minutes before their rider called them back down or they blinked away on an errand. Most of the time, however, they were just a joy to watch and he would find a quiet place to sit and enjoy the show whether it be a lesson for the young weyrlings or an older dragon stretching the wings.

Malvayth was one of his favourites to watch lately. Everyone teased the gold from the moment she hatched for being so round and he'd heard from whisperings at meals that she was pretty dumb as well but it seemed like she was at least filling out nicely--and he hoped the rumours were false and she was intelligent. Maybe she was just young and innocent. He knew she liked games, at least early on when she couldn't control her volume and announced to everyone nearby she wanted to play. He had yet to try speaking to her and her rider to form his own opinions.

Until now.

He saw the pretty gold head to the pond for a soaking and it seemed like Cazan was putting away whatever she had been working on to bring out the easily recognised oiling supplies. Maybe he could offer his assistance and try for an actual conversation. R'nya had been nudging him lately to get out a bit more and Quinvalis knew he was right. He had been kind of hiding since the Hatching that left him torn up and with scars he'd never get rid of or forget since they were on his arms as a constant reminder of almost dying for a second time. He didn't blame the dragon as the energetic baby was excited and frightened when they tangled but that didn't mean he had been ready to Stand again at Iliyth's Hatching. His physical scars had healed well enough (thanks to Indivara scaring the hell out of him with her own vicious scars) and weren't too deep and ugly but the mental scarring had been harder to overcome. He wasn't ready to Stand and he wasn't always ready to be around people as he knew they would whisper and gossip about him.

But Cazan seemed nice and she was alone so he could handle one person and her happy dragon. He hoped. He was about to find out as his feet made the trek from his perch to where the goldrider was. He hesitated as he got closer and pulled at his sleeves to make sure his arms were covered, and after a deep intake and release of breath, he continued on, stopping a respectful few feet away.

"Hi, Cazan," Quinvalis was proud of himself for getting her name out but now he had no idea about what to say. This was why he avoided people. F'drel didn't expect conversation so that was nice and easy and Aederyn had intimidated him for a while but he liked her and was used to her now. But with Cazan he only knew from gossip and that everyone's moral compass T'ryn liked her so Quinvalis had decided she had to be nice. He hadn't even seen her Impress thanks to being unconscious.

"Malvayth's flying is very impressive," he smiled as he said it but then faltered as he realised how lame that sounded and sighed. "I mean, it is and I like watching her but that was an awkward start to our meeting, wasn't it? Anyway, I'm Quinvalis and you probably know me better as the guy that was ripped to shreds at the Hatching and I just wanted to compliment her and maybe even offer to help with the oiling. I don't even have to talk. I know where my weakness lies." He laughed lightly at himself. Self-deprecating humour came pretty easily to him.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan startled slightly when she was approached, and her first thought was that she had missed a summons for class or some other weyrling related task. There was something familiar about the young man, but nothing terribly recent. Not a rider that had come to chat with the class, definitely not someone who she'd done work for. Either way he didn't seem like he was delivering a message so she didn't have to worry about that.

Then he introduced himself, mentioning the hatching and her eyes widened in recognition. He was the candidate who had been mauled during the earthquake. It had been a very upsetting moment when it had happened, and the earthquake itself seemed to be an omen for the rest of Cazan's life. "Oh! Hello, it's nice to meet you. I'm glad to see you recovered from the hatching." She sure still hadn't.

I'm an earthquake? Isn't that bad? Malvayth's head popped up out of the water to watch her rider and the new person, eyes swirling anxiously. It's a metaphor, Mal. Caz sighed for a moment as she tried to think of a better way to explain it. Earthquakes shake things up, right? Yes the earth! I'm not that dumb. This was becoming a dangerous line of conversation, so Cazan thought her next words very carefully. I know you're not, you're more clever than you give yourself credit for. And you're really smart about flying. What I mean is, earthquakes shake things up, and when I met you, my life was shaken up. That's all. It's just different, and I've had to learn so many new things because of you. You've taught me a lot.

The dragon sank back down in the water, almost embarrassed with how pleased she was from the praise. She'd taught her rider something and Cazan was already so smart!

"Sorry about that," Cazan said as she turned her attention back to Quinvalis. "Thinking about the earthquake made Mal worry about me. But she is a a very good flyer, and loves to show off. You can help me if you'd like. It would certainly help things go faster." She passed on his comment to her dragon and the gold's head reappeared. She turned her attention Quinvalis, eyes swirling in delight, her soft delicate voice brightened with delight as she told him, Thank you! I can fly more if you want. Cazan says I need to be oiled, but maybe after that? Did you see me spin?

She stepped out of the pond, giving herself a small shake as she started to eagerly trot over for her oiling and maybe some more flying after.

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Quinvalis' smile returned as Cazan didn't immediately shoo him away or make fun of him. So far so good! Though he did blush and look at the ground when she mentioned she was glad he had recovered. He had been the one to bring it up--mostly because no one would know who he was without that moment--but it was still embarrassing and he took the time Cazan was speaking with Malvayth to compose himself once more. At least she hadn't remarked any further on the event or asked to see his scars or what it was like to be pinned beneath a hatchling like a few people had done.

He nodded at the apology and explanation, and smiled again as Malvayth's head emerged from the water. It seemed the boisterous dragon was a caring one and Quinvalis couldn't fault the gold for checking in with her rider. After all, it had to be just as scary in the stands with the ground shaking and having the perfect view of scared hatchlings betweening.

A laugh escaped him when Malvayth's delicate voice brushed against his mind. It was a lot nicer now that it wasn't constantly intruding at random and in what felt like yelling. "I did see you spin! You're very graceful when you're flying and I think you might be the best one in your class." It wasn't fair to play favourites but he had no affiliation with the class and Malvayth really did seem like the best at flying from his untrained eye.

"You both must be excited for when you can fly together," Quinvalis commented as he grabbed a rag and oiled it up. "Where would you like me to start?" He wasn't sure if Malvayth had super itchy spots that needed to be focused on or if it was an all over job and they may have had a routine. He was already inserting himself into it so he didn't want to mess it up further.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"You can start at her left shoulder, there and the base of her wings get really itchy. I'll start at her head." Cazan idly reached up to scratch at her own jaw again but stopped herself, instead taking the oil to her dragon to tend to the spot. Malvayth babbled on excitedly, I am the best! I'm going to take Cazan on so many spins! And we'll go upside down so she can see the world even better and then I'll show her how fast we can go, and how quick I can turn... The thought had Cazan blanching for a moment. After all the practice they'd done with shared sight, she'd still ended up vomiting the first time she tried it while the gold was twirling through the air. Still though, it was rather thrilling to watch from the ground.

"She's definitely excited, I'm just not sure if I'm excited or nervous. Probably both. Though I'm sure I'll get over it quickly enough." That and there was the added terror of going between that she was not looking forward to. Sure, every time she'd been with T'ryn he'd reassured her that nothing was going to happen, and that he had never personally seen a ghost dragon, rider, or otherwise. Cazan was still pretty sure she'd seen something on one of her trips through though.

I won't let any ghosts get you. I will out-fly them all so they can't catch us. Malvayth's voice rang with confidence that only someone ignorant of ghosts could possess. Cazan gave her dragon a small scratch on her eye ridge. Well let's just hope we don't run into any ghosts at all. She turned to Quinvalis, not wanting him to feel left out or ignored while he was helping oil Mal's growing hide. "Have you flown a lot? I'm sure once Mal is allowed to have riders in the air and has a bit more practice she'd be glad to take you up too."

The dragon turned her head to peer excitedly at her new friend. I can carry you through a spin too!

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Quinvalis moved to his assigned spot and started working right away. He had never washed or oiled an entire dragon, only helping the rider, and he could only imagine how exhausting that task had to be. But he enjoyed the bit he was able to do, finding it calming even when the dragon or rider weren’t in talkative moods. He felt useful and simply enjoyed the task as it was, especially when he was on the mend. Lying around and being limited in what he could do for so long had sucked and he’d jumped at every opportunity he could to prove himself once more.

“Maybe work your way up the spins,” Quinvalis laughed softly as he rubbed over what looked like a drier patch of hide. “You have to show Cazan everything from the most boring all the way up to the most fun. Doing it that way leaves her craving more and appreciating your skills more than she already does.” He knew a bit about Malvayth’s fits if she thought she was being made fun of or called stupid and while he didn’t think he’d said anything wrong, Quinvalis was still quick to explain why he found the idea amusing enough to chuckle and why the spins should wait. He blamed watching over R’nya’s daughters too much and learning how to delicately speak to them.

“Me?” Quinvalis froze and stepped back so he could see the gold’s head since Cazan was on the other side of the dragon. He hadn’t expected to be offered a ride someday by the pair he’d known for less than an hour, especially not a gold. He smiled at the sweet dragon and decided Malvayth was very much like Halomirth with how kind and enthusiastic they both were. “I would like that. Thank you, Malvayth. Thank you, Cazan.” Although he wasn’t too sure about the idea of spinning in the air either.

“And I guess I have. When I was younger and still living in Telgar Hold,” Quinvalis fell silent as he realised what he was saying and almost said, “I dreamt about flying a lot.” Okay, decent recovery, he decided though the pause would likely still give away something was up. But he couldn’t very well continue on with admitting the Weyrleader took him flying regularly when he was around visiting his mother. “Since being in the Weyr, I’ve been able to go on trips with the Weyrleader and F’drel and Halomirth have taken me on leisurely flights as well. I think you know them—well, Miri at least. I know she likes to visit your class when F’drel is visiting friends.”

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan searched her memory of the various visitors her class had received. There were so many dragons and despite having one for months she still felt a bit of an outsider and tended to keep to herself, using the distractions to try to be productive. She thought she remembered the green dragon Quinvalis was referring to. "I think I've seen her around. I usually try to get some work done when we get visitors. Mal keeps growing so much and I have to keep remaking her straps that it feels like an endless task. Hopefully one day I'll be able to make something fun again."

Hopefully she'd even be able to make something for her favorite model. She already had sketches for clothing designs that she could only imagine working on. You should make fun things sooner! Malvayth said cheerily in her rider's mind. Caz sighed as she moved further along the dragon's neck with the oil. I can't, we still have classes to be in, and those take up a lot of time. And I can't just skip oiling you and you have quite a lot to oil.

She thought that would be that, but the dragon tilted her head thoughtfully for a moment. Her rider was already so clever, why did she need to go to class? Then don't go to class. You should make fun things. Cazan let out a soft amused huff of air through her nose. I'm pretty sure I can't just skip class. The dragon gave her rider a small nudge. You can because I said so.

"Huh," Cazan said almost absently as she paused in her oiling to consider. Golds were at the top of the dragon hierarchy after all, that was one of the lessons that she'd learned. She turned to Quinvalis and asked, "So, how would you feel about modeling a new leather vest or jacket? I know it's a bit of a weird question, I just want to make something."

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Blissfully unaware of the private conversation being had, Quinvalis was left wondering where the idea for him to model came from. He assumed the pair had made the connection from Cazan liking to work with leather and needing a new project but why did she want to use him for it? Probably because he was the only one around to currently ask. “Um, sure? If you really need someone but I doubt I would be much help in showing off your work. I’m much better at blending into the background and try to avoid a lot of attention.”

Actually, as he thought more about it, he knew he’d end up feeling guilty if she tried to show off her work and no one took any notice of it because of him. He didn’t have a lot of friends and he didn’t draw the eye like some did by simply entering a room. Though he would happily tell Rhaedalyn and R’nya about Cazan’s skills. If either one of them put in an order, that would certainly help out!

He shuffled down another two steps to the next area, pausing long enough to get some more oil before getting back to work. “I’m sure you could find someone else that would be a better model but I’ll help you out where I can.”

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Quinvalis brought up a good point; he was no T'ryn, she probably wouldn't get as much attention for her work as she had with the pants. But was that a bad thing? The chance she'd taken on the bronzerider had proven to be very worthwhile, in more ways than one she had to admit, and she loved the praise and recognition her work had received. She could always wait for T'ryn's next visit, make sure she still had good measurements, and work on some new project with him. But then she'd have to wait.

Why not both? Malvayth suggested. That wasn't actually a bad idea. She could do a piece for Quinvalis, then spring off of that into a fancier piece for T'ryn to show off for her. Cazan studied her potential new model for a moment before nodding. "You'll do. I really just need to make something before I go crazy. I can get your measurements when we're done with Mal. I was thinking a vest, do you have any preferences or favorite colors? I'll have to dig through my things to see what dyes I have, but I can probably get more somehow."

Right now all of her tools and supplies, or at least most of them, were still packed up from when T'ryn brought her things over from Ista Weyr. It would be nice to put more of her supplies and tools to use again. The gold dragon stretched out into a lazy sprawl, careful not to bump into either of the humans currently oiling her. See! I have good ideas!

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Quinvalis laughed softly to himself. 'You'll do' seemed like his life motto. Someone handy when needed. He supposed there were worse things out there and gave a shrug to the colour question. "Whatever colour you have available or think would suit me best will be fine." He really didn't want to impose further on Cazan. He'd already invited himself to help oil her dragon and now he was getting a vest. He definitely wasn't about to ask for anything specific, even with her asking. His mom would be appalled at his lack of manners as it was. At least his rudeness was over a chore he knew a lot of people dreaded or grew tired of depending on the size of the dragon.

"How much larger do you think you'll get, Malvayth?" Quinvalis asked after she had settled herself again. She was already filling out nicely from her rather round beginning but he wasn't sure how much more she had to go. Some started to slow in their growth spurt before others or shoot up before their clutchmates. His guess was Malvayth still had a ways to go and maybe she would be around Aradissicath's size. But he wasn't skilled in such things and also wouldn't be surprised if Malvayth shot past that large size and set her own record and standard. Poor Cazan with how much bathing and oiling that would take!

"Does it hurt when you have a growth spurt?" He added, thinking about the way the hide always itched for the young ones. He also recalled how his knees would sometimes hurt at night and his mom would say that was growing pains and give him a damp cloth to put on them to help relieve some of the pain. It never really helped, not like oil for the dragons. But he couldn't help wonder if their joints ached as they grew or maybe it wasn't that noticeable.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan was already going over patterns in her head as she kept her hands busy sliding the oil filled rag across Malvayth's hide and resoaking it as needed. At least things were going quickly with someone helping her out. At this rate she'd probably have time to do some of her ideas down on paper before it got too late. And her new model's measurements, she'd have to remember to get those. At least she had her measuring tape in her bag from working on riding straps.

Malvayth was enjoying the extra attention, and she let out a soft rumble as she considered the question. I think a bit bigger. Cazan wants me to stop, she thinks I'm already big. She gave a small nod in rider's direction that the woman managed to dodge before going right back to oiling. Cazan moved further down, considering how long it already took to oil the dragon. "It might not be so bad, this does go much faster when I have help. Maybe you'll be big and strong enough you can carry a horse safely."

I could carry a horse now. I'm strong and a good flyer! Mal said proudly. She tilted her head as she thought about Quinvalis's next question. I think so. My wings get sore, my legs sometimes too but not too much, the oil helped and so did swimming. And napping. It was worse when I was smaller. I think now not so much even though I'm still getting bigger. It itched more than it hurt I think. The gold craned her head about to get a better look at Quinvalis, happy that he was talking to her directly instead of just talking to Cazan. Are you done growing or will you be taller? Do you know any stories?

Qu'va
of Blue Dalsuth

Date of Birth
14.02.723, 22
Height
6'0
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Quinvalis gave the pair a puzzled look, though neither would have seen it. Why would Cazan need a horse to be carried? Maybe that was how they were measuring weight and size in her class. Seemed a bit weird to him but what did he know? He wasn't the dragonrider or taking the classes so maybe it made sense with more context. But he did understand the desire to have a dragon stop growing. Not personally, but he'd seen enough people struggle with the size adjustment and simply gawked at the size of some of the adult dragons roaming around. "I'll be happy to help out any time I'm free," he offered, having heard a hint of relief in Cazan's statement of the oiling task moving along quicker than usual.

"I'm glad that the pain seems to have mostly passed," he smiled as Malvayth turned her eye to him. He hadn't considered the pain in the wing joints but the swimming made sense. It would help build up strength when they flapped but also be a cooling relief for any aches that day. "I think I'm finally done growing. My mom said my dad was a bit under average in height and I'm at the age where humans usually stop growing so this is pretty much what I'm stuck with." His mom still looked younger than she was and he had apparently inherited that as well. One day he hoped to lose some of the youthfulness clinging to him but he also had a feeling he wouldn't be that lucky.

"I do know some stories," Quinvalis took a moment to consider how many or how well he knew some as he oiled up his rag again. "I've heard many from Rhaedalyn and even Aradissicath. Aradissicath mostly tells them to young dragons but she sometimes lets some humans in on the fun and I take R'nya and Rhaedalyn's daughters to those. I wouldn't call myself an amazing storyteller so you might be disappointed if you ask me for one, though I'd do my best."

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan turned to Quinvalis to give him an honest smile. "You are more than welcome to help. Extra hands makes this go much faster, and Mal seems to like you well enough."

The dragon gave a small nod in agreement. I do! I'm going to practice more loops and spins and then I'll carry you up so that you can feel big and I can really show off! We'll have so much fun and Cazan can just sit on a horse and be jealous.

"Just because I miss Sprink doesn't mean that I think she's more fun to ride than you. Though she is faster on the ground and easier to maneuver." Cazan reached down to give Mal a fond pat; this wasn't the first time they'd talked about her horse and she knew the dragon was occasionally worried that she liked her horse more than her dragon. She smiled and added, "Also she can't talk to me like you can, so really you win."

Of course I win! Her voice was matter of fact and unconcerned as if there had been no doubt in her mind, but she made a soft warbling sound that betrayed how relieved and happy she was at the reassurance from Cazan. She turned her attention back to Quinvalis as she remembered the potential of a story. I like stories! And it's okay if you aren't that good at them, I'm not that good at them yet but I'm trying to practice. Sometimes I tell them firelizards I find before they have to go away because they're so busy and they can fit anywhere because they're so tiny! So sometimes not being big is good too. But you can practice telling me a story if you want!

Once the excited bit of babble had finished, Cazan turned to Quinvalis. "You don't have to if you don't want to, you've already done so much to help. Just make sure I get your measurements before you go."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)