World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 740.12.30 | Promise
3am | A'dis

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
It had been a long and bumpy road but she was almost there. Only a few more weeks until she graduated. A few more weeks until maybe she would stop being the oddity that people liked to pick on. They didn't tease her too much anymore about crying over Impressing and Tala and Daelyne had ensured the comments about female dragonriders stopped pretty quickly--at least within their hearing--but Vessaelia was pretty sure people selected her to run errands and messages a lot more than they did anyone else in her class. Sure, older weyrlings were perfect for such things since it gave them a purpose and got in extra practice with flying and going between but she would have thought no one would want a female rider to mess up their important job. She decided early on that she was always picked because she was pretty and not for any malicious intent.

But that did help her get out more without A'dis knowing what she was up to. That sounded so sinister but the truth was a lot less so. A'dis had been amazing to her since she Impressed. He stayed away when she needed the space but held her tight when she needed comforting. He spoiled her with little gifts and just his very presence. Vessaelia had no idea how she could ever repay him for everything, especially when he wouldn't leave no matter how many times she pointed out that a green wasn't a gold and a bronzerider with a greenrider wouldn't get anywhere.

But some realities had hit her the past month and some decisions had to be made and a conversation had to be had. Now was as good a time as any, she thought, staring up at the stars. While she preferred a proper bed for both sleep and sex, Vessaelia couldn't complain about it happening on the ledge of A'dis' weyr where they often curled up together under a blanket and watched the sun set in all its varying colours or just stare at the stars together before wandering hands turned the innocent activity into something far naughtier.

"A'dis?" Her voice was silent as she sat up and pulled the blanket around her bare shoulders. They had fallen asleep but it was still dark enough out that Vessaelia assumed they still had a few hours before dawn. When the bronzerider stirred, she smiled down at him, brushing a bit of his hair aside. He could be a demon in bed but he was the sweetest boy upon waking and that angelic face did strange things to her. "I've had some things on my mind and I need to share them with you."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

A'dis
of Bronze Obaranth

Date of Birth
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
He stirred when she sat up, hazel eyes blinking before closing for just a little longer. His name coming from her shifted him enough that his blankets moved from a naked leg. A breeze across his forehead caused him to frown slightly and gentle fingers brushed his hair from his forehead. Those sleepy eyes opened again and a soft smile curved his lips. His little redhead with a worried look on her face. She was his, he had no doubt about that, and would always be. Until she tossed him out when she was ready, anyway. His brows drew down at her words. Was this the moment she told him off and that she didn't want him anymore? Fuck he hoped not.

He sat up, the blankets falling away from him and he didn't try to keep them any which way. Vess had seen every inch of his body at some point or another and he had no shame when it came to her. "What's on your mind?" he asked with what he hoped was an even tone. He didn't want her to worry or be afraid to tell him whatever was on her mind. He never wanted that for her. She'd come so far since her impression to her green that A'dis would never do anything to jeopardize that growing confidence.

He grabbed at her hand, twining his fingers with hers and looked at her expectantly. "Tell me what's on your mind," he lifted her hand and kissed the knuckles, "Whatever it is we'll get through it."

PA - First Post!

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

“You are the sweetest man ever,” Vessaelia smiled at their hands and the way he kissed her knuckles. She felt a bit bad for clearly worrying him when she didn’t think what she had to say was horrible. If anything, it would help A’dis! She was sure of it. She was also sure it would keep him with her longer, even if it ended up being in a limited way or as… the other woman. Being someone’s mistress had never been high on her list of desires but A’dis was worth it.

“I don't want to be in the way. You might be a Weyrleader one day or Obaranth might mate to a gold. I want you to know, I'm okay with that.” She was proud of how strong her voice was as she made that confession. She had been worried she’d break down in tears as she told him it was okay but so far so good. Maybe her confidence really was stronger now thanks to everything she had gone through with Tiath.

“If you need to be with someone to further your career, do it. If you want something you can't get from me? Then go get it. But always come back to me, okay?” She cupped her free hand to his cheek for a moment, cherishing that sweet face that was currently full of concern. “I'll share you but I won't give you up entirely.” And that, was a very fiercely spoken promise as she lowered her hand again. She’d share if she had to but woe be to the woman that tried to take him away from her entirely. That bitch wouldn’t know what hit her! Language! Vessaelia stared intently at A’dis but inwardly she growled at her dragon that it wasn’t the time for lectures.

It was a time for promises and confessions and she had one more she had to squeeze in before he said anything. One more thing he absolutely had to know to help make all of this make sense. “I love you, A'dis, and I'll support you in every way, just like you supported me through weyrlinghood.” Okay, so it was two things, but they were damned important. And now that they were out in the open, Vessaelia lost some of her confidence and bit her lower lip as she waited for a reaction. What if she had entirely misread their entire relationship and even the concern he had upon waking up?

A'dis
of Bronze Obaranth

Date of Birth
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

"I try," he chuckled as she smiled at their hands and he couldn't resist bringing her hand up for another kiss on her knuckles. He was a little less inclined to think the world was ending now that she had a less hunted look on her face. A'dis was very aware of Vessa, her moods and needs were something he took great pride in knowing well. If they were to be weyrmates like he wanted it was only reasonable that he knew what made her happy, right? Obaranth had helped tremendously with that, sneaking little questions into Tiath when the green wasn't busy and the bronze had enjoyed every minute of it.

His brow furrowed and he looked at her sharply. "In the way?" he echoed as she continued to speak. She wouldn't be in the way, she never was now so why would she any other time? He was confused slightly by her words until he heard what else she was saying. His sweet, beautiful Vessaelia. Stronger and more confident than she thought she was. He kissed her fingers again and sighed quietly. She was giving him permission to be a bronzerider. He didn't want to say that she was right, he just wanted to ignore the color of his dragon for the rest of his life but she was right. "You think I could be weyrleader?" he grinned at her to lighten the mood a little, "I'm just a dumb boy, no way I could be a leader."

"Vess," he started softly and he leaned into her hand as she cupped his face, "You'll always be right there, I wouldn't let you go anywhere else." He wouldn't. He'd come to realize quite suddenly and deeply that Vessaelia made him a better person whether she knew it or not. He never would have thought that he would have fallen in love with a girl much less someone delicate and sweet like Vess. But he knew he had when she told him she would share him if she had too.

He never realized how much he needed her to say she would stand by him and support him through everything until she did. It was like a weight off his chest, making him lighter with his relief. His eyes widened when he realized what she was saying. Happiness was a word that A'dis knew, he'd even felt it times in his life but what he felt now with her confession was something entirely different. It made him possessive, hot and he could feel emotion sweep through his heart to bring a feral grin to his face. Hands tugged and dragged her into his lap for him to hug to his chest fiercely. "You love me huh?" he told her as he laid kisses across her cheeks and lips. "Would you get mad if I told you I love you too?" he asked between kisses.

PA - First Post!

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

Vessaelia giggled and half-heartedly protested at his kissing assault as she tried to reply to his response. Finally she pinched his cheeks between thumb and finger, causing him to make a silly face that sent her further into the giggles. "I would have been mad if you didn't say it," she finally managed to get out, releasing his face only after stealing a kiss from the trapped lips. "Especially since I put a lot down on betting you would."

She started to wriggle free of his hold, placing a finger to his lips to silence any protests. She quickly scurried over to her clothes, fished around in a pocket, and then returned to his lap in record time to look like the cat that got the cream. Her confidence had staggered a bit during her confession but it was back up again now that she knew A'dis loved her as well. And while he didn't really say anything about everything else she had said, it was heard and he'd know she would be okay with anything he did that didn't involve her.

"I got us something. I had them commissioned on one of my errands to the Hold and they were ready today." Vessaelia opened her hand to reveal two rings of silver, one larger than the other, with 'V <3 A' engraved inside of each though Vessaelia didn't point that out. She took the larger one and his right hand and slid it onto his ring finger, letting out a breath of relief that it fit. "Despite being a Holder, I'm a Weyr girl now and I don't need or want any type of ceremony but this promise under the stars. We belong together and nothing the future has in store for us will change that." She hadn't expected to find love in the Weyr but was so thankful she stopped and talked to the sad bronzerider in the Bowl that day.

"Even if you are a dumb boy," using his own words of earlier to tease him, Vessaelia smiled at her man.

A'dis
of Bronze Obaranth

Date of Birth
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

He laughed against her lips when she pinched his cheeks together. "I hope you won a lot," he grinned at her when she finally released him. He was confident in his love for her as much as he was confident in her feelings for him and the fact she bet on their emotions was more amusing than anything else for the bronzerider. He did protest when she wiggled free, this was not going at all like he'd planned and he nipped at the finger she put against his lips.

He settled for watching her scurry to her clothes and gave a pleased grunt when she settled back onto his lap. His hands came up to cup her ass and A'dis hummed with pleasure as she filled his palms. He loved everything about her, but her ass was something he could touch all day. "You did?" he stuttered with a little surprise when she told him she'd gotten something for them. Rarely did anyone give A'dis anything, Ameris did sometimes and his mother on his namedays but he was never anyone people gave presents too.

He watched with hooded eyes as she lifted his hand and slipped the ring on his finger. The finality of it should have panicked him, should have sent him running but it didn't. It never would. Since the moment A'dis had slaked his flight lust with Vess he'd known he'd never be able to let her go. "I think I like some of these holder traditions," he said around the lump in his throat, "It's perfect Vess. I promise nothing will ever change how I feel about you. How could it? You're perfect for me."

He twisted then, turning them in a quick movement and he fit snuggly between her thighs and laughed down into her face. "Even if I'm a dumb boy," he said with hot eyes as he leaned his head down to capture her lips with his.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)