World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 741.03.04 | Little Visits & Little Songs
Helyna/Sariel & Dragons | 12:00pm

Sariel
of Gold Cirith

Date of Birth
20.12.720, 28
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Hazel Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Blonde

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
While Sariel was busy with a class (or a lunch, there was klah involved somewhere) that didn't need a little gold's physical presence, Cirith decided she needed some fresh air and sunshine. That meant she was going out into the Weyrbowl as fast as her legs could take her! After all, someone might get a silly idea that she shouldn't be there but they most certainly did not own fresh air or sunshine in the least.

The sun was wonderful and the shadows cast wonderfully dark. In fact, they needed to pounced upon right away.

Sunshine, shadows, play with me, bouncing, pouncing, shiny free~, she sang. There was a vtol, too! She played with it very gently until it lost interest and zoomed away. Cirith took off again, running to burn off energy as she stalked and pounced shadows and light equally. There was a moment of confusion as a large shadow passed over her and made her skitter to a stop and fall back on her rump.

It was not just a shadow, it was golden Iliyith, Helyna's lifemate! Her eyes whirled faster and faster in delight as she craned her neck to look up, up, up, at the much larger gold. People said Cirith was pudgy and as she looked over the egg heavy Iliyith, she let out a soft chirp of a greeting. At least Iliyith had eggs making her round.

Have you come to find the shining sun, too? I can share mine. Cirith said as she flicked her wings a little. Clearly, she was thinking very hard for a long moment. Eggs meant little ones would come soon and that meant questions. Do so many dragonet eggs hurt you in there? Are they restless? Or are they sleeping? she asked with wide eyes and a tilted head.

After a moment of contemplation, she added to her questions with a soft croon that warbled upwards in joy.

I know why I am here! I am here to make your day better.

She meant it with the kind of pure belief and wide-open heart that was so earnest it hurt. Cirith had a mission, now. She was going to make Iliyith's day amazing.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Helyna
of Gold Iliyith

Date of Birth
01.01.714, 31
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Brown, trusting
Build
Fit
Hair
Deep brown

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
Iliyith knew her eggs would be ready to lay soon, probably in a matter of days. But she was so bored if being cooped up on the Sands. Practically since her Flight she had been strongly “encouraged” by the Weyrleaders to remain on the hatching grounds—at least until her endless sighing began to annoy even Aradissicath. Ostensibly this was to prevent her causing further mischief—as if she would! The only reason she’d been so secretive last time was for her rider’s emotional well-being, after all. Helyna had been so rattled by the first Flight that it had almost seemed better to ignore it; until it couldn’t be hidden anymore.

She shifted and twisted for a while, trying to get comfortable. when that didn’t work, she fussed again over the arrangement of the wallows she’d prepared in the sand for her eggs, then scrutinized the patching of the cracks from the earthquake skeptically. Giving up, she reached out to Helyna. I’m going to sun for a bit and I itch terribly. Can you bring some oil to the Bowl? Satisfied with the affirmative answer, she made her ponderous way out into the noon sunshine.

Hearing a small chirp Iliyith glanced down, amused as one of the golds from the last clutch greeted her. She leaned down and touched noses with the chubby dragonet. Hello, Cirith. Yes, I wanted some sun on my hide and some oil. Come, sit with me for a bit

She looked around the Bowl, expecting to see other babies and their riders around. Where is your bond-mate, little one? She found a good spot to sun, gently herding the baby ahead of her with her nose and reaching out to her rider again. If you see Cirith’s rider or her rider’s mate on your way, tell them I’ve found her—what’s the word you use?—her “butterball.” For good measure she also relayed the message to Semath, knowing the green would ensure the message was delivered.

Surprising herself with her own patience, the gold answered the dragonet’s many questions. No, they do not hurt, little one. They do make it difficult to get comfortable though, and I will be glad to have them on the sands soon. They still sleep for now—they don’t yet have your energy, Iliyith teased Cirith as the dragonet played a bit more, bored almost instantly with sitting still.

Sariel
of Gold Cirith

Date of Birth
20.12.720, 28
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Hazel Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Blonde

Threads

Sariel is lunching, studying, and drawing things. Oooh. It is probably good they do not have my energy just yet. Bouncing baby eggs inside you would not be very pleasant.[/cirith] Cirith hopped around a bit more, nuzzling Illiyith very gently as she crooned at the sleeping babies, sending them all her love. May I come sing to all of you when it is quiet and they are out of you and on the Sands? I would like that...if I was allowed. She plopped down close to the larger gold and rubbed her still oily head against Iliyith. It must be tiring to have so many eggs and be stuck in one place.

It must be lonely she said thoughtfully to sit on the Sands. Or at least boring. Cirith nudged Iliyith, all curiosity and adoringly wide whirling eyes. Do you have a good friend with you to sit and be comfortable with? Friends make everything better. They are as good as sunshine.

Helyna
of Gold Iliyith

Date of Birth
01.01.714, 31
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Brown, trusting
Build
Fit
Hair
Deep brown

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
The dragonet amused Iliyith immensely with her antics. I agree, bouncing babies inside would be quite unpleasant. I don’t know how our riders manage it; though they usually only clutch one, and without a shell, so everything about it is odd.

She considered the offer and how to reply carefully. I don’t know, young one, but I appreciate it. It is a very sweet offer, but I don’t know if it would be allowed even if I do want it. Most golds don’t want other dragons or even people around their eggs while the babies grow; while I wouldn’t mind the company I might get grumpy and unpleasant to be around. You’ll understand when you’re a little older She nuzzled the little gold and shifted to find a better position.

Helyna is good company. And Rhezalth and his rider will visit once the eggs are on the sands, so I won’t be alone.

Helyna had picked up cloths and supplies for oiling Iliyith and was on her way out to the Bowl to join her dragon when she ran into Sariel in the hall looking for Cirith. The woman didn’t look frantic—yet—but clearly she was realizing this was more than just a game of hide and seek her dragon was playing on her. “Good (day?) Sariel. Iliyith asked me to tell you she found Cirith out in the Bowl and is keeping an eye on her.” She smirked, remembering Iliyith’s actual words. “Well, she said she found your ‘butterball.’ But there’s only one creature that could mean. Shall we go collect her?”

Sariel
of Gold Cirith

Date of Birth
20.12.720, 28
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Hazel Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Blonde

Threads

Cirith considered the older gold for a long moment having a very good think. There was so much to consider with eggs and temperaments and many, many other things.

If I cannot, then, perhaps I can be close in mind. That is easier, no? When you are grumpy, maybe I can help make it better...somehow. She crossed her front legs, content but very thoughtful. I will see, yes, when I am older, this is true and it is pleasing you have good company. It would not do, otherwise.

Cirith was forever a loving thing, she couldn't help herself, really, as she gazed up at Illyith that was ridiculously evident. Really, she just wanted to help everyone and make things wonderfully lovely.

[Image: smalldrk.png]

Sariel wasn't panicked in the least, mostly because her dear lifemate was exceedingly loud and full of bright, happy, thoughts. At Helyna's voice, she sighed and shook her head.

"Good day, Helyna." It came out soft as usual and she scrunched her face. "I swear," she sighed. "You know, I told her we would go for a walk after studies were done. Clearly, I'm too slow. So, she found Iliyith, did she? From what I can tell, Cirith is enjoying her visit entirely too much."

I see you've been having fun, she said dryly to Cirith who gave a sort of mental wriggle. You're supposed to stay put until after my studies are done.

You take too long to learn things the young gold grumbled her lifemate's way. Besides, I needed to stretch.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)