World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 741.03.02 | Unexpected Visitor
4:30pm | B'kit

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
They are done their lessons and seem to be going into free time now.

Good. I'll be down shortly.

D'hys was finished with his business that had brought him to Ista Weyr that day and was now finishing up his own free time that had him righting his shirt before slipping his riding jacket back on. He left it unzipped as it was a warm spring day which he enjoyed several minutes later as he stepped out into the Lower Bowl. He didn't need to ask Zeianth where the small class of three were, knowing they would be near their barracks as they either cleaned themselves or their dragons up before heading off to dinner in an hour or so.

He nodded at Sh'ran and Dyoricath as they crossed paths a moment later. He didn't bother talking to them, knowing enough about the dragon not to inadvertently rile him up. Dyoricath apparently wasn't as bad as he used to be but D'hys wasn't in the mood for such a show and let them pass by without much comment.

Standing in the doorway, D'hys didn't see Madiquel and assumed the girl had her own side room she was tucked away in or perhaps she had already darted back out to visit her father. That was fine. He really only wanted to speak with B'kit anyway.

"I haven't heard anything from you since that fight. Should I take that to mean everything has been fine with you and the others?" D'hys didn't enter the room, staying in the doorway where he leaned a shoulder against the frame, watching the blue pair. B'kit may not have said anything to him but others had and he wanted to check in personally.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Dark brown, trusting, and frequently lit up with laughter.
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
The dragonets were starting to slow down a bit after their last growth spurt, so the weyrlingmaster had finally—after long consultations with the various teams, healer and otherwise—allowed the class to begin working on their first set of riding leathers. Assuming everything continued to go well, they would probably even be able to start (official) pony rides in the coming weeks. He figured the other two had probably snuck rides, based on the epic pouting Erebuth got up to when Kitt kept refusing to break that particular rule, but with the blue’s digestive issues and persistent small size he hadn’t wanted to push their luck. Even if the weyrlings were almost as large now as the smallest dragons from before the plague. He couldn’t shake a feeling of foreboding.

Hearing a voice at the door he looked up from his oiling of the harness. “Good afternoon, D’hys,” he said, offering a smile as he set his work aside. “I wasn’t expecting you. I’m sorry I haven’t written. I’ve had a few other things on my mind and I’m afraid it slipped away from me,” B’kit admitted reluctantly. Between lessons, his personal drama with J’shom at the beginning of the Turn, and Erebuth’s frankly terrifying health scare shortly after, B’kit was amazed he had enough energy left to doodle song ideas or wash up some evenings.

“There hasn’t been anything involving fisticuffs at least,” he returned with a small smile. “I do really appreciate you stepping in that day. You didn’t have to get involved, but I’m grateful you did. I don’t want to imagine what could have happened otherwise.”

“Overall people have at least been more discreet about their opinions around us which is a relief.” He hated knowing that there still were such awful opinions out there, but not being confronted with them was easier. Brushing the thought away he remembered his manners and gestured to a chair. “Would you like to sit? I don’t have anything stronger than water to offer, but it’s cool at least.” He got up to grab another cup from the common area.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D'hys knew what would have happened that day if he hadn't stepped in. Kids getting their asses handed to them and at least one of those tiny dragons getting injured as they tried to intervene or even betweening from the stress. He couldn't do anything but step in and put some bullies in their place. Really, he didn't care if they were talking crap about the riders but calling the dragons monsters was not something he'd let slide. They were weak and initially unloved, but they had bonded and deserved the respect all other dragons were given.

He knew he was the reason why people were keeping their opinions a bit more to themselves when it came to the tiny class. Not only because of the fight but because he put the word out he would personally find the loudmouth and ask them to repeat what was said. He was only a bluerider but a lot of people since the day he Impressed said he was more of a brownrider in personality and fists.His father was a brownrider and he now had R'nya in his corner so D'hys knew he had quite a few means of persuasion in his pocket.

He was about to decline the offer to sit and the drink but B'kit was already on the move and D'hys gave a one shoulder shrug as he pushed away from the door frame and crossed the room. He sat in the offered chair and when B'kit returned with the water, D'hys gave a nod of thanks as he took it and settled it in his lap. "I'm glad no one else has been bothering you. How has weyrlinghood been going otherwise? The dragons seem far healthier."

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

“I’d be lying if I said it was going perfectly,” B’kit admitted. “But overall it’s much easier than the first few months were. They’re finally getting big enough--and healthy enough--that we might get to start pony rides soon.” Despite his nerves over the idea he couldn’t keep a smile off his face. Even growing up around dragons didn’t compare to finally having one your own.

“They have all been doing better overall. Zezeth’s hip healed up nicely, and they’ve all grown spectacularly. Erebuth’s been having some stomach troubles lately, but it’s been improving over the past few weeks.” The blue had experienced a few other episodes but none as dramatic as the first. Thankfully the advice to have a small meal each day--and firm directions to all three young dragons not to hide Erebuth’s appetite (or lack thereof)--seemed to be helping so far.

“How have things been at Fort? Has eveyrthing settled down again after the earthquake during the hatching?”

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D'hys couldn't decide if he was impressed that B'kit actually mentioned his dragon's stomach issues or annoyed that it had been downplayed. He knew it had worried those involved for the first few days but if Erebuth was recovering from it and didn't seem to be showing symptoms from it a few weeks later, he supposed he had to also believe everything was fine. He hoped it was, at least. He studied the young rider a moment longer, searching his face for any signs of deception or worry but when nothing showed and B'kit easily transitioned into another topic, D'hys nodded.

And then he asked Zeianth to chat with Erebuth to get the dragon's side of the story.

"Fort is fine. The earthquake was minor, if somewhat unexpected. A little debris to clean up and some shelves to right but life goes on as usual." Most of the chaos came during the quake with half those in attendance confused and experiencing such an event for the first time while the other half came from Katila and recalled the landslide that caused so much devastation. D'hys himself recalled that night and the days following it but he hadn't suffered traumatic flashbacks or panic attacks like he had seen happening all around him. He was just thankful they weren't crushed in the cavern and had to believe others felt that way since Zeianth had said a lot of people camped out on their ledges for about a week after the Hatching. Now, nearly two months later, it seemed like everyone had forgotten about such horrible things again.

"Most of the commotion now comes from that class. They are a spirited bunch." That was an understatement for a majority of the young dragons. Even Zeianth and his love for bubbly and friendly greens wasn't sure what to make of that class and was currently keeping his distance. He paused, finally taking a drink from the water he had been given. B'kit may have apologised for not having anything stronger but D'hys preferred water and juice, leaving alcohol for special occasions and celebrations.

"Do you know anyone in that class?" With the way Candidates bounced around the Weyrs, D'hys knew friends and even lovers ended up being separated for a time. He didn't know what that was like since before the plague they were fully populated in each Weyr and didn't need to share Candidates. After graduating, he had made some friends in other Weyrs but had spent most of his years solely in Igen Weyr.

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

Erebuth hedged a bit, nervously, when asked about his health by the older blue, but eventually gave a little more detail than B’kit had. But he rushed to assure Zeianth he felt much better now, and wouldn’t it be more fun to practice gliding—since he was getting so good at that, he loved to show off.

“I’m glad there wasn’t much damage, and that everyone has been able to move on,” B’kit replied. Mylorah had told him and Sh’ran some of what had happened right after, but it was good to have an update. And at least it sounded like no one was hurt, which was a mercy.

As the conversation shifted to the new class he relaxed in his chair a bit as the tension of the other topics faded. “I do, actually. I heard my friend Ko’ris impressed a… vicarious blue,” he said, trying and failing to keep the amusement out of his voice at the thought of moody Kordi and his bubbly blue. “And I know Sariel, the apprentice healer who impressed. We stood together a few times, and she visited occasionally with L’gan when Erebuth and the others were younger.”

“Oh! Well, I don’t know Cazan—the other gold trainee—but I know her brother, Cazelarias, a little bit. He’s a leathercrafter and we talked about riding harnesses and things like that. I always love learning about new crafts,” B’kit said, fiddling with the cuff of his sleeve. He should send a note with Nutmeg over to Caz, see how he was adjusting to his sister’s impression.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Zeianth softly encouraged the young dragon to share, letting him take his time if needed and nodding in understanding when more details came out. He passed the information on to D’hys before adding, He seems in better spirits now. At least he has the arrogance of the young ones and wants to show off the skills he’s learned. Zeianth gave Erebuth a nudge and was once again encouraging the little blue but this time to show off his gliding skills.

‘Vicarious’ was certainly one word to describe most of the clutch B’kit had friends in. D’hys made note of the names tossed out so he could look into them further later on. He had no real reason to other than boredom to be honest. Things had been a bit quiet lately so this gave him a chance to do a little digging; though he had already looked into Cazan and her whole situation. He did not envy T’ryn or the brother Cazelarias.

D’hys took another drink of water as he listened to Zeianth’s update and then mentally sighed at the dragon making the visit longer by wanting to socialize some more. It was a good thing overall since the young dragons, especially in the small class, needed more interactions with older dragons and to build relations.

“It sounds like our dragons are in the mood to stretch their wings. If you’d like to join me in moving outside to watch them?” D’hys was personally curious about how the class was doing now after such a rough start to life. They seemed to be filling out into well-proportioned dragons but seeing one more closely in action would do a lot to ease his curiosity and the slight unrest he still had when it came to thinking about their health.

Standing, D’hys set his glass down on the nearest table before heading for the door and glancing back over his shoulder, “you can tell me more about your lessons and what you’re looking forward to,” he honestly didn’t care that much but it would keep the conversation on the kid and perhaps give B’kit something positive to think about when that wasn’t always in stock.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)