World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[D] Letters on the Run
Alekse & Zahra's Letters

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim, fit from hard work at Katila
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
[Image: Letters_II.png]

(and his to hers)

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

Benden Weyr
Lower Caverns
Zahrah & Zarel

Runner Alekse
Station 168

[Image: fire_II.png]

Hello there. Just finally getting some time by myself. The days have flown since Gather and so have the Candidate chores. I started a new project once I got back from Gather -- finally I can start to see some results.

Now, for you I have something rather fun.

You should have a very small package for you at Station 168. Keep an eye on the front eaves.

Always,
Zahrah

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Written By: KiTelli
Alekse, Journeyman Runner
Out of station 168

Candidate Zahrah
Benden Weyr

~Z,

As I hold the small pendant you’ve sent (and I assume, based on the lovely craftsmanship, that you’ve made), I see the blue in it, and think of your blue eyes...I look forward to seeing them in person again. I’m glad to know you think fondly of me. In all honestly, that day at Gather was such a whirlwind I questioned whether or not it actually occurred, and worried I’d gone mad.

Your little lamp marking the Hold station is a welcome change to the usual stark decor of the place, and the addition of a spot for glows makes it a welcome beacon for a weary Runner coming off the traces at night. The staton master sends his thanks.

The cold nights are freezing the moss on the traces, making the travel less than ideal at times. There’s a rugged sort of beauty this far north, and despite the slower going, I am enjoying the sights and experiences it offers.

My next certain destination is station 102 in the north of the plains of Keroon. Not yet sure where I’ll be headed from there just yet, just that I’m headed east.

Yours,
~A

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

Lower Caverns
Benden Weyr
Zahrah & Zarel

[Image: fire_II.png]

Apologies on the wait for a reply. I was at Telgar for their Hatching but did not Impress. It was lovely being out there on the Sands, though.

I am back at Benden, now. Glad to hear you have my present. I figured it might be too bouncy to wear when running but it is something for the stops along the way.

A little light in the dark.

Thankfully, Gather did had and neither of us has gone mad. Station 102 should hold another surprise as well. I do hope the path before you is clear and as easy as possible. One day I will see it for myself, I'm sure. Keroon plains are pretty enough from what I've heard, easier on the feet, yes?

Zarel says to tell you hello and that she is cheering you on your Run. She's so looking forward to meeting you and has an awful lot of questions about Running. Zarie is always running here and there and has never walked when she can run. Even when she was just a babe, she crawled fast, skipped walking, and ran. Though she wants badly to Impress, she would be an excellent Runner.

May your journey be pleasant. Another letter will find its way to you soon, you know.

All my love,
Zahrah

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Out of unnumbered Runner station between Lemos and 102

Candidate Zahrah and young Zarel
Benden Weyr

~Z,

Don’t worry yourself over delayed replies. I’m accustomed to running messages, not receiving them. I’m just pleased to get letters at all. I apologize, myself, for the sparse letters…I don’t carry writing supplies with me and am at the mercy of whatever station I come upon next if I am keen on sending something out. I was fortunate that this station master’s wife is a hopeless romantic and provided me the needed tools to write to ‘my sweetheart’ as she has taken to calling you. Her name is Mara and she sends her love.

The beauty out here, in the middle of nowhere, Pern, is indescribable. The sky broom forests are simply stunning, and I hope to share them with you in person one day. I hoped to capture some of that beauty in a sketch, but I don’t think I am able to do it justice.

I’m used to the mountains farther west, but am getting used to the new terrain. It is flatter, to be sure, and while pretty, with such easy running the mind tends to wander from the traces. A wandering mind can easily turn into a misplaced step… Though, I believe I’ve got enough to focus on to keep my mind sharp…

My sister’s stride would just eat the miles up and she would cover this ground like it was nothing. Not going to lie, I am a bit jealous of her talent right about now. She’d already be at Benden and not even be out of breath. From the sound of it, my sister and your daughter are kindred spirits, running and chasing dragons, finding their own ways to fly. Thank Zarel for cheering for me, and tell her I am happy to answer any questions she can come up with.

I should reach station 102 before the end of next sevenday.

Always,
~A

((included is this sketch found here))

Date of Birth
28.01.731, 14
Height
4'8"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown

Threads

Zarel at Lower Caverns in Benden to Runner Alekse

Mama says I'm supposed to date this, so it is 10.11.741 and it is Zarel writing. You're traveling really fast! That must mean we'll see you soon and that's a good thing. You're very welcome about my cheering. I do it in the morning and at midday because that way I don't choke on my meals. It's important to be slower when you're eating, Mama says. If I cheer, then I can be slow, and my insides don't get surprised.

I hope your route is smooth and your journey uneventful because Mama says that if it's uneventful that's good. I don't see why that is. I'd want it to be eventful. I'd want there to be awesome things to see on my Run if I were Running.

I don't like to walk places, that's boring, but people are always telling me to slow down! Or they send messages with me. I get them there really fast and people like that. I am my own Runner sometimes and that it really neat.

Bother, I have to do some chores but I will send you more letters! Mama says I don't have to wait and that I can send them every day if I want because you will get them anyway and have things to keep you in good spirit! I hope you have good spirit, Runner Alekse!!

x - Zarel

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Out of Station 102

Candidate Zahrah, young Zarel
Benden Weyr

~Z,

It was lovely to see the front eves graced with another of your creations. I applaud your use of colors known by Runners, the orange and green compliment each other well in the piece. Clever, too, to create something new and unique as 102 isn’t close enough to any particular major Hold to use their banner. You are smart, talented, and beautiful, and I count myself lucky to know you.

I’ve received notice from Master Venan, and he’s agreed to take me on officially and train me as his replacement, provided I prove my worth. I’ll be based out of station 42 close to the crossroads from the holds, about forty miles from the Weyr. My new routes will have me Running anywhere from Lemos to the tip of Nerat, and who knows what I might find along the way…

Should all go as anticipated and the weather keeps clear, I’ll be at my new base, and to you, in about another sevenday.

All my best,
~A

~-~-~

Zarel,

Yes, I am traveling as quickly as my feet can carry me, and I do believe that we’ll be meeting soon. As far as going slow when eating, your Mama is smart, and absolutely right. Insides don’t like to be surprised and surprised insides don’t make for easy running.

I like things happening too, and usually enjoy eventful journeys. In this case, though, any big events might slow me down and keep me from reaching you and your Mama sooner. So while I like events and seeing amazing things, I’ll be glad if there aren’t many of them to distract me on this particular journey.

That's good that you're fast! Speed is definitely important for running messages. While I want to get where I need to go quickly, I do spend some times walking, too, though. I need to make sure to spend my energy wisely so I don’t get too tired too early in my Run. It’s called ‘pacing oneself’ and I can explain more when I get there, if you’d like. Though I bet you have so much energy you don’t know what to do with it all…

The letters you and your Mama have sent me are keeping me very much in good spirits, thank you! I appreciate them very much.

I look forward to meeting you,

-Runner Alekse

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Candidate Zahrah
Fort Weyr
*relayed via message pouch on Handsome*

~Z,

I hope Fort finds you well. Please, keep me posted as to the time of the Hatching, and we’ll be on our way as quickly as we can. Zarel and I don’t plan to miss your Impressing. I’ve made arrangements with a lovely greenrider who has agreed to give us a ride when needed. We’ll be in the stands, you can count on that.

My sister is Standing, as well, and I hope you two can become acquainted, perhaps even friends. You both mean the very world to me, and the thought of you two getting on brings me as much joy, if not more, than the thought of either (or both) of you Impressing. Benden is a bit less bright without your smile, but it will grow brighter than before with your return, and, hopefully, by the addition of a set of rainbow eyes and a pair of glistening wings.

I want you to know, too, that should you Impress at Fort, you’ll fill my mind and heart until you are able to return, however long that may be. I know there is some sort of arrangement to be made regarding female riders and the Healer Hall, or so my sister has mentioned. I don’t expect you to shirk that…no, I know you’ll tackle it with all of the willpower of a Runner on a Crossing. And I’ll be cheering you on, eagerly awaiting the moment you come back to me.

All my love,

~A

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

Journeyman Runner Alekse
relayed by firelizard pouch, brown, Shard

Alekse,
Fort could be better. The Touching ended abruptly when two Candidates had a tussle in the middle of the eggs and one broke, killing the dragonet instantly. I can only imagine that those responsible have been banned from the Sands. I hope the rest of the clutch isn't affected badly by this horrible incident.

The mood had been sober to say the least.

Hopefully, everything will go find the rest of the way to the hatching and I'll come away with something positive. No matter what, I will be very glad to either Impress or return to Benden but I'll be looking for you and Zarel in the Stands.

Shard brings all my love to you and Zarel both.

~Z.

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

relayed via Handsome
~Z,

I’ve made progress with moving your things. That little apartment, though homey, isn’t fit for the stunning gold that Sedath will become. I’ve arranged for your necessities to be transferred and held at our little cothold on the trace until you are assigned a weyr at Fort, and, perhaps at my next visit, I can bring a few of your most treasured pieces with me.

The household seems to have picked up yet another set of wings, as well…

I ran back to the Weyr to check in with Zarel at creche this afternoon, to find the girl gone. She’d been sent to the children’s dorm, and told to stay put for several days…until her new firelizard could behave himself.

It took some prompting, but after a promise not to bring it up at the Weyr unless it was absolutely necessary, she told me her tale.

Do you remember that young brown rider? He has a young brother about Zarel’s age, and the boy had somehow obtained a bronze firelizard egg. Well, due to—urgent, and unfortunate— circumstances, the poor kid was in the privy when the thing hatched, and lest it fly off feral, Zarel had to feed, and therefore Impress, the flit.

His name is Jasper.

Zarel is quite upset by the whole ordeal, as she believes her friend is upset with her, (which is understandable, under the circumstances), but I’m sure things will mend themselves soon enough. She’s determined to try and repay this boy with another egg. I may see if I can speak to someone in the Weyr to help with her endeavor.

Already, it’s been an adventure. Looking forward to the day I get to see you again. Give Sedath my regards.

All my love,

~A

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

relayed via Shard

Alekse,
Hello love. A few pieces would be nice to have. At some point, I should like to play with my clay but I haven't much in the way of spare moments. Sedath is in a constant state of growth that I swear she grows as I'm watching her.

She's quite demanding, too. I told her hello from you and she just squinted at me really hard and grumbled. She'll get used to you once you're allowed to be around more. Right now, I'm just reminded of Zarel when she was a baby. I think the sleep deprivation keeps trying to catch up with me from those turns.

I'll manage but I do miss your faces.

It sounds like a lot of drama back at Benden. Of all the times to use the necessary. Poor children and their heartaches. I suppose the firelizard is being oiled and spoiled as I write this, however sad Zarel is. She has so much love in her that I hope she and the boy make up. It's never fun to lose a friend over something genuinely accidental.

Repaying with another egg is an excellent idea. I know she could use any help you can give her. Just don't let her know you're helping. She probably wants to do it all alone, knowing her.

Ah, Sedath needs to be fed again.

All my love,
~Z

Date of Birth
09.02.716, 29
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Dark blue
Build
Extremely fit, lean
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Relayed via brown flit Handsome

~Z,

It’s taken some negotiating, but I’ve arranged for an egg to be given to the boy who was supposed to receive that bronze flit that Zarel Impressed. The candidate master is pleased to have a lovely sketched portrait of his mate, and I was pleased to oblige. It was actually very nice to practice my non-map work. Add to that, Zarel has been doing a few extra chores after crèche, too, to ‘earn’ the thing herself.

The very person I sketched has a green that clutched not long ago. It won’t be a bronze, but it’s what’s available, and Zarel has been hoping dearly to get him something as quickly as possible.

After Zarel pointed him out, I’ve seen the child about the Weyr on occasion, and he still looks a bit sullen, though if I know the look of a young boy, he appears more guilty than angry. Really though, it is the thought that counts, and I have faith that young friendships can be mended.

She’s set to pick up an egg in the next few days and plans to deliver it to him directly.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

I hope all is well at Fort. Please, give my regards to Sedath, and tell my sister I said hello and will write to her, soon, too.

I look forward to when we can next meet, as always.

All my love,

~A

Zahrah
of Gold Sedath

Date of Birth
06.11.713, 30
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Hair
Dirty Blonde

Threads

Relayed via brown flit Shard

Alekse,

Sedath and I are alright but, Alekse, something is terribly wrong at all the Weyrs. There have been accidents, poisonings, and from what I can tell it's mostly been golds, sometimes bronzeriders and others who may just have been in the way. There's just too many incidents at all of the Weyrs now for it to be just chance.

I fully admit that I am frightened. The Weyrwoman and goldrider Sariel are among those fighting for their lives right now.

I know I have to stay calm for Sedath but it's terribly difficult when the whole Weyr is just madness and whispers.

I'm so sorry I haven't had time to reply to your last letter or Zarel's but it's been hectic even without these latest issues. Sedath is growing so fast that I swear you can see her doing it. At least the cycle of feeding and sleeping are stabilizing, finally. I say finally like it's been turns but it certainly feels like it some days.

Give Zarel my love. Hopefully everything will work out for her and her friend.

We're being as careful as we can be, here, I promise.

Always,
Z.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)