World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 741.02.10 | Low-key Birthday
3pm | Cazan, T'ryn, Kor'is

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Mylorah was fairly proud of herself. Sure, it was only two hours but it was still two hours! She had put all her charm into asking G'nen if she could steal some of his weyrlings for a little gathering for her birthday and while she still wasn't sure if he was actually stubborn or playing it up to see how far she would stick her lower lip out and beg, he had given in and allowed the two hours as long as they didn't go too far in case he was needed. She tried to invite him as well but he had politely declined, insisting he had other weyrlings to look after. Maybe another time!

Fort was still in their winter and while it wasn't too bad within the Weyr, it was still colder than Ista and Mylorah was, shock of all shocks, layered with her jacket on and wearing pants that barely saw the light of day. She figured it was best to have their little party out in the Bowl to enjoy fresh air and give the chubby dragons more space to frolic in--though she made sure to stake out a claim away from the barracks and where the weyrlings were more likely to play themselves to give them a bit more privacy.

She'd also brought cookies she made herself as they were still one of the only things she was confident in baking thanks to C'dhin's lessons. She'd also brought a few wine skins though they were filled with juice since the weyrlings couldn't have alcohol. Finally, a blanket was also brought and spread out to lay her goodies on so they could have a little picnic break together.

And all of this was done in secret--assuming T'ryn kept his mouth shut. It was her birthday but she wanted to be the one doing the surprising by stealing away a couple of her recently Impressed friends. D'io would get his own visit later since Mylorah wasn't sure he'd want to deal with so many personalities coming together. Kor'is probably should have been done separately as well for the same reason but he needed to make more friends so Mylorah didn't feel bad about it. Besides, Cazan was likely going to spend most of the time with T'ryn if her dragon allowed it.

When she saw the pair and their dragons heading their way, Mylorah hid behind Syrendryth and waited until T'ryn greeted them when they were within range. She stepped out, smiling and threw her arms in the air in celebration. "Surprise! Happy birthday to me! Weyrlingmaster G'nen granted me my request of getting to spend a couple of hours alone with you two, well three. We're stuck with T'ryn as well." She practically danced over to Kor'is to give him a big hug and then spun to give Cazan one as well, despite not knowing her all that well yet. But she liked the woman and counted her as a friend already.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

It had only been a month since the Hatching but T'ryn swore it felt about six by that point. He visited as often as G'nen allowed it, offering assistance in helping Cazan learn everything about Weyrs and dragons and just trying to be her friend and help her adjust and listen when she needed to vent. So him arriving in Fort Weyr wasn't that remarkable anymore though it was nice to do so for a --hopefully--solely social call. They all just needed to kick their feet up and relax for a bit, even if he wasn't always sure about how to deal with Kor'is.

He even went along with Mylorah's grand plan and hadn't mentioned it to anyone, though he did tell Cazan that her birthday was approaching when they randomly got on the topic of birthdays and he wanted deflect too much attention from his own. He was very much like his father in not wanting to draw attention to the day. Mylorah loved the attention and excuse to get together with friends, though she never wanted gifts, just the company.

He saw the confusion and then concern as their guests spotted Syrendryth. It probably wouldn't have been a big deal if it had only been Cazan but he could only imagine what Kor'is was thinking and how bad the news had to be. T'ryn hoped his smile and cheerful greeting helped to alleviate that and if it didn't, Mylorah jumping out seconds later likely did.

He smiled at Cazan but then looked down at the fat gold dragon to greet her and explain the new person. "Hi, Malvayth. I just can't stay away from you two, can I? That energetic girl is my older sister, Mylorah. I think you two will get along well." He was actually curious about that. They were both full of energy but Mylorah was a bit... smarter. But they were both sweet and his sister had endless patience and might be able to handle the games and everything that was simply Malvayth.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Kor'is had no idea why he of all people had to go with Cazan to wherever it was they were going. G'nen had only told them that someone needed to see them out in the Bowl and pointed them in the right direction. That sounded rather ominous but given how weird their Weyrlingmaster was, it could have been the set up to some stupid child's game. Again. I like his games! They're a lot of fun and we get to play with the others and work together. Kor'is wasn't at all surprised with that comment since Taith was full of energy and had expressed more than once already that he enjoyed the activities.

"Syrendryth?" Kor'is forgot about the games when he saw the large bronze dragon doing his usual regal pose. If he hadn't already been familiar with the dragon from living in Ista for so long, the amount of times the bronze pair had visited Cazan and Screechy definitely left an impression. But why was he being summoned this time? Naturally his mind went right to bad news. Was Mylorah or Tazikel sick or injured? Did something happen to Dyoricath or one of his classmates? Was her mother okay, or worse, coming to visit him?

The chipper greeting only served to confuse him further until Mylorah bounced into view and announced her birthday and the plans she had made. He was still in disbelief as she hugged him and, as usual, he was slow to return the gesture before she was moving on to the next target. Wait. Her birthday?

"Shit. Sorry, Mylo. I forgot all about it." A month ago, he had planned to try to paint something perkier than his usual direction to gift to her but then he Impressed and days had no meaning anymore. He hadn't even had time or energy to pick up a brush let alone actually finish a piece and he gave the pale blue dragon a tiny glare that went unnoticed as Taith bounced around chirping his excitement at seeing Mylorah again.

When Mylorah gestured to the blanket and urged them all to sit and dig in, Kor'is obeyed, taking one of the corners nearest the birthday girl since Taith had squeezed in between them. "Think you're going to get extra pettings there, don't you?" Kor'is pointed out with slight amusement. Yup!

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Cazan wasn't sure she was going to enjoy whatever game it was that G'nen had sent them on. Because surely this was a game of some sort, some activity to try and get them to bond a bit more with their dragons and each other or something along those lines. She really wished there was a way to skip a lot of it and get back to work. She was already trying to in her own small ways. She'd done some testing and experimenting with Malvayth's oil, doodled a few patterns when she could, and even managed to successfully make a small bracelet out of woven leather she scavenged from a belt after T'ryn had mentioned Mylorah's birthday was coming up. She'd have to give it to the man to deliver for her.

And speaking of, she couldn't help but smile after her initial bout of confusion at seeing the bronzerider. She waved and then paused in surprise when his sister jumped out. Malvayth thought her entrance was absolutely grand and bounced around hoping for a hug of her own too. But she saw T'ryn and got distracted, stretching up and moving to carefully take a part of his head into her mouth and held it there for a second in her own version of the mouth games she knew her rider was fond of with the man. Hi! We missed you!

Cazan waited until her dragon was done and moved to give T'ryn a quick hug before they sat on the blanket. She pulled the small bracelet out of her pocket to pass over to Mylorah. "Here, it's not much but I managed to make something for you. Happy birthday." She turned to T'ryn and quickly added, "I've been sleeping, just working on that a little a time when I can. Had to do something."

Malvayth ran behind T'ryn and gave a little hop out from behind him, wings flaring as she shouted Surprise! She ran around to go bat at her brother's tail before crawling back over to drape herself across Cazan and her mouthfriend's laps. She looked around at everyone in excitement, tail twitching. Are we going to play games? Do surprise birthdays get games? Or stories?! She liked being involved in Cazan's time with other people, but if there was going to be a game or story involved she could leave them for a short moment.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah's shock was obvious over the gift. She never expected anything from anyone, though back in Katila it had been fun to give each other little homemade things or even just a handful of berries or a leaf to show their affection and that they hadn't forgotten the day. But since coming North, Mylorah did her best to encourage everyone to just bring food and drinks as they gathered to celebrate the day. She didn't really need or want anything, happy with the few items she had but she still loved the homemade items and even tolerated when one of her brothers bought her a new dress or shoes since it was usually passed off as being practical.

"I love it! Thank you," Mylorah genuinely gushed about the bracelet as she took it, fingers moving over the leather as she examined it. It really was lovely and just perfect for her. She pulled back a sleeve and held her wrist and bracelet out to Kor'is to have him tie it on for her and once completed, she gave it another look over and then leaned over and gave Cazan another hug.

"Thank you! But I didn't do this for gifts but for your company. So dig into the cookies and juice," she made sure to point out the beverage since the weyrlings couldn't have alcohol yet and the wine skins may have been misleading, "and tell me how everything's been. And maybe there will be games, Malvayth, but probably mostly stories this time since it's a short party."

The golden dragon was as energetic as T'ryn had said she was and Mylorah adored her. She wasn't sure she could deal with it nonstop like Cazan had to, but it was charming for the time being and she was excited to learn more about the dragons.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn sighed inwardly as Malvayth gave what was becoming her customary greeting. Syrendryth gave his equally customary grumble of disapproval from where he sat watching and looming over their gathering. Why do you let her continue such antics and when will she stop? T'ryn ran his hand through his dragon-styled hair and shook his head at his own drgaon. Hopefully before she's big enough to accidentally eat me whole! But it's fine, Sy. She's not harming me or staking a claim on me; I'm still yours. Although it had been rather terrifying the first time Malvayth had given him her version of a kiss.

Taking a seat, T'ryn worried a bit that it might encourage more kisses but Malvayth seemed distracted by Mylorah and pulling her own surprises until she finally flopped, perhaps momentarily exhausted and quiet for a few minutes. He did have to laugh though at the gift and both Mylorah's reaction to it and Cazan's quick explanation. "It's okay, I believe you. I'd only question it if you made her a jacket or something. I'm glad you had a little time to do some work, even if it's not the elaborate pieces your prefer."

He wanted to tell Cazan that she would get that chance again soon, but given Malvayth's behaviour that seemed to need constant supervision still, T'ryn wasn't sure when that would happen. Maybe in another month the dragons would settle down further and a bit more free time would open up, but that would also depend on G'nen's assessment.

Since he was a part of Malvayth's bed, T'ryn took to petting her as he tried to think of something to talk about. Mylorah may have wanted to know all about their first month in weyrlinghood but T'ryn didn't think either weyrling would really want to talk about it. When he came to visit, he usually tried to give her some pointers or explain things that didn't make sense to Cazan but mostly, he tried to keep everything normal and talk about random things like they had before a round ball of gold had knocked everything sideways. But, it had been a month since Mylorah and Kor'is had seen each other so he figured he'd let them catch up if they wanted to while trying to keep Malvayth quiet for ten minutes for Cazan's sanity.

"Actually... Mal, you know how we like to play the quiet game? This one is like that but this time you have to stay quiet and listen to what everyone is saying because I'm going to ask you a question about the conversation, okay?" He didn't know how long it would occupy her but he seemed to have decent luck in getting her to stay quiet for a few minutes here and there so it was worth a shot.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Taith squeaked in surprise at his tail being bopped and then squealed in delight as he got up and ran around the group to swipe out at his sister's switching tail. The giggling continued until he was back in his spot between Kor'is and Mylorah where he was greeted by at least one of them giving him his desired pets while the other sighed. "He's very playful and friendly," Kor'is explained to Taith's antics and knew no one would ever apply either adjective to him. He had to wonder how many people would be confused at their pairing given how opposite they were.

"Impressing has been a headache at worst and an inconvenience at best," he added with a shrug, not sure how else to explain his month in Fort. He had decided too late that he didn't want to Stand anymore so of course that meant he would Impress and at a Weyr where none of his friends were and to a clutch that was full of the loudest hatchlings he was certain ever existed. He supposed he didn't mind Taith but he would have liked to be back to his old and quiet life again.

Kor'is took a cookie and took a moment to examine it, chuckling softly when Mylorah playfully smacked him. He figured she had made them and that confirmed it. But, her baking hadn't killed anyone yet and the taste had improved thanks to C'dhin so he took a bite and nodded in appreciation. He even decided to spoil the pudgy dragon and offered him a cookie of his own. "Not that you need the sugar but Mylo successfully baking something is a rare treat and you deserve to sample it as well." This time he dodged the smack and smiled at her scowl before she too was smiling.

"I miss you and Misha," he confessed softly, gaze back on his cookie. It was good to laugh and smile and while he did manage that with Taith, it wasn't exactly the same either. Being alone wasn't the same either. "And solitude. You can't get away from the dragon in your head." His friends never expected anything from him either. G'nen seemed to, though he hadn't come out and said it yet, but Kor'is knew the man was trying to nudge him and he was going to just keep on ignoring the attempts.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

It was nice that the gift had been so well received, especially since Cazan had worried it wasn't up to her normal quality of work. Not that she'd had time to do much really between naps and oiling and class and just living with Malvayth. The little gold dragon was puzzling at times, and there was a point that she thought the little thing might have been a bit... handicapped when it came to her mental faculties. But no, Malvayth was a little slow at times, had a harder time understanding more complex things, but she was capable of learning and growing. She reminded her of a spoiled, air headed holder girl who just giggled and nodded along to conversations she didn't understand. At least she was cute.

Malvayth shifted her weight in an antsy excited fashion for a moment, almost blurting out a gleeful response in reaction to her rider thinking she was cute. But she didn't. She managed to keep focused on their little game and even craned her neck about to smile and blink at T'ryn as if trying to show off just how quiet she was being. Cazan smiled and gave her a pat. "If you keep this up you could break your record. That would be impressive."

With the tubby little gold nodding in the affirmative, Cazan decided it was safe enough to lean against T'ryn. Mal rolled slightly so that she was cuddling the two of them even more firmly. "So how are things in Ista? I'm hoping things ease up here eventually so I can get back to my hobbies. See more friends again. Eat more cookies." She nibbled on her own cookie, and upon seeing that Taith had a nibble of one, felt compelled to share with her dragon too so she wouldn't feel left out.

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Since it was Mylorah's birthday and she had baked the cookies herself, T'ryn felt obligated to eat one. It wasn't that he flat out hated cookies or cake, it was just not something he craved or liked that much as he found them too sweet to constantly have. One cookie, however, wouldn't hurt so he swiped one before either dragon developed a sweet tooth and ate it as he enjoyed the moment of silence given by the roly-poly dragon currently trying to squish him.

"I'd say Ista is quiet but that's never possible with the people that live there," he chuckled, glad he could have this slightly more relaxed time with Cazan. He had heard Kor'is' softly whispered confession and decided he would leave him and Mylorah to their own conversation that they seemed caught up in. She was no doubt reassuring him and catching him up on what he was and wasn't missing as they quietly spoke with Mylorah holding Kor'is' hand.

"Maybe another month... two at the most, and you should have more free time. The dragons should start to become more independent at that time and not require being glued to your side," he gave Malvayth an affectionate pat as she demonstrated quite clearly the glued to their side thing. "Still a lot of oiling to be had but a bit more 'you time' will start to appear." T'ryn hoped Malvayth wouldn't end up being like Dyoricath with demanding constant attention or scaring away friends. She was pretty open to him being around but they also hadn't pushed for anything more than the small contact they currently had.

"And when that happens, I'll be there to help as your apprentice. I can fetch materials for you and I did pick up a few tricks watching you work. I might even ask your brother to teach me some basics so I can help you out some more." It was a genuine interest and offer, though it was slightly born from guilt. T'ryn still blamed himself for Cazan Impressing even though she already had intended to go to cheer on Katiryn and he certainly wasn't in charge of what a dragonet did. But he liked Cazan and hated to see her stressed, tired, and suffering without her work.

"Or I could just model your work instead. That seems to be something I'm apparently good at." T'ryn felt his cheeks heat as he recalled everyone's reaction to his pants at the party. He hadn't worn them since then, figuring they were more for special events, but if Cazan asked him to wear them to Fort from time to time to help showcase her skills and get some more work, he would.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"Free time." Cazan spoke with a soft reverence as she thought about it. "I could get so much work done." Especially if she had an apprentice. She grinned over at T'ryn at the thought of him running errands, helping her with getting stitching done, offering an extra set of hands to help things move along a bit more quickly, modeling new outfits.

More pants? the little gold asked excitedly, unable to keep up with the quiet game any longer. She loved all of the things that her rider made, even if she couldn't make them right now. Cazan would daydream about her work during oiling sessions and Malvayth loved to encourage her rider to tell her all about the things she had made and wanted to make. Pants were associated with some of the best memories, so of course she was hoping for more of those.

Cazan sighed and gave Mal a pat. "Maybe if you're good there will be more pants." Malvayth quickly responded, I can be good! Can I help too? Can I have pants? Her rider had made pants for her mouth friend, so surely she would make pants for her lifemate too!

Mal was watching her so intently that Cazan couldn't help but nod, hoping to keep the little dragon satisfied for the moment. "I'll see what we can do when I get free time again, okay?" The gold gave an exuberant nod, eyes swirling joyfully, and turned to T'ryn as she excitedly said, I can help too!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn was surprised the quiet game lasted as long as it did, even if it was only minutes. This was quite honestly a possible record for her, at least for when he was around. He didn't really mind her talking, since baby dragons were so cute and excitable, though they were exhausting and more than once T'ryn needed a nap after spending too much time near certain ones. Malvayth was also one of the more amusing young dragons and T'ryn bit his lip not to laugh at the idea of a dragon in pants.

Actually, how would that even work? He imagined they would be more like socks than actual pants. But that was if they went with all four limbs as legs. What if they thought more bipedal? So that would make them a pair of actual pants with two legs and a hole for the tail... and wow, trying to slide them over the tail and then getting each leg in would be a nightmare. Probably best to stick with the sock idea...

You are thinking about a silly idea far more than you should. This isn't a riddle for you to solve, Syrendryth grumped as he wasn't a fan of Malvayth's random chatter--or the gold in general. T'ryn hoped that would change as the gold got older, especially if he and Cazan continued with getting to know each other more intimately.

"I bet you will also be an excellent assistant, Malvayth," T'ryn smiled at the excited dragon while Syrendryth snorted. He was glad his dragon kept such comments and noises to just them and barely made a peep outside his mind. It would be even more exhausting having to explain his dragon's horrible mood and haughty opinions than it was to spend time with hatchlings.

The talk of pants and being at a birthday picnic made him realise he had to bring up his own before someone else did. "So, while I prefer to pretend it doesn't exist, I know someone will tell you and it'll likely be that one there," T'ryn pointed to Mylorah, knowing his sister's good intentions too well. "But my birthday is mid month four. I only tell you so I can stress how much I don't need or like receiving gifts. So please don't think you have to do anything other than possibly save my sanity and let me visit you that day." Malvayth would be just over three months by that point and might possibly let them actually be 'mouth friends' again and that would be all the gift he'd need.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Malvayth chirped and squeaked happily at T'ryn's statement. She would be the best assistant one day! She'd make her rider so proud, and everyone would be able to see what a good job they did and think they were both clever. It was an adorable sentiment and Cazan reached down to give Mal a fond pat. Hopefully the little gold would forget all about this, but just in case she started to think about different small tasks that the dragon would be able to help with. Probably handing her tools and holding things. A glance over at Syrendryth's bulk served as a reminder that it was very likely Mal wouldn't even be able to fit into a workshop one day. There was always carrying cargo, she supposed. It would make for a much faster shopping trip to get supplies at least.

Somehow Cazan wasn't surprised to find out that T'ryn didn't like receiving gifts for his birthday, especially considering she had to practically bully him into accepting the pants. She reached over to give his hand a small squeeze as she said, "So no gifts, just a visit. That sounds fine by me."

She'd never been especially fond of her own birthday and the stuffy dinner parties thrown to celebrate her and her brother. Caz had been too busy and distracted to even think about how close their birthdays were. Which, now that she thought about it, was in a very short amount of time, and her brother was far from home and still trying to wrap his head around everything. "Think you could do something for my brother's birthday? Even if it's just to arrange for him to get drunk and be distracted? It's on the fourteenth. Don't worry if you can't, it's a bit short notice."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn felt like a jerk for not knowing Cazan's birthday was coming up. He hated his own getting attention but he loved celebrating everyone else's big day. Growing up in Katila meant they usually got a special meal and maybe a parent got them a new article of clothing to replace the few pieces they had but between friends? Little trinkets from the forest or a bag of berries or maybe a little drawing or flower crown if talented enough were given. He was fine with people verbally acknowledging his day and found that to be far more attention than he preferred as well, but he liked getting to spoil those important to him and Cazan had easily become one of those people.

"I'm sorry I didn't think to ask when your birthday was, though I appreciate how you worded the fact to make it sound like it's only your brother's day," T'ryn smiled and wished he had an actual twin he could push all the attention onto. A'tay was close to being a twin in appearance but sadly his birthday was still two months after his own.

"I promise I'll arrange something for your brother. Nerreh, Katiryn, and Mylorah are all fond of him so I think between the group of us, we can come up with something he'll enjoy and make sure he's having fun and suitably distracted." T'ryn knew he'd need help with such a request. He wasn't a party person and barely counted as a social person anymore with how much he had taken to hiding since his big break ups some time ago. But he could at least rally a group and loan out his weyr if a place was needed.

"Does he have anyone at home that he might like to see? I can bring him to them or vice versa." He'd been trying to get to know the real Cazelarias and he liked the man, but he hadn't mentioned a significant other or any real friends but maybe his sister knew a bit more. They were probably getting low on time together and he wasn't sure talking about her brother was what Cazan would want right now given the guilt she still carried from Impressing but they both wanted Cazelarias to be happy and find some peace in his new (and hopefully brief) situation.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Of course T'ryn would catch that it was also her birthday. At least it appeared that he was willing to direct any fuss towards Caze. Hopefully she'd be able to get some time in with him that wouldn't just serve as a reminder that their lives had been thrown into upheaval from the sudden inclusion of a baby gold dragon. Malvayth stirred, getting up and circling around so that she could flop back onto Cazan and her mouth-friend and bury her face against her rider for a bit of reassurance.

I wouldn't trade you for the finest leather in the world. Cazan tried to silently sooth, but she wasn't sure if she was thinking right so that Mal could hear her. She added aloud, "You're fine, Mal, no one's upset with you." At least no one here was. She wasn't sure how her brother really felt. "And I'm not sure how many friends Caze really had. I thought he had a lot of girlfriends, but turns out I was wrong about that. He did like to spend time int he library reading and hiding from work. Oh, maybe you can help him steal a few books from home?"

The little dragon popped her head back up, her earlier sulk forgotten in favor of this new curiosity. Steal? "I mean borrow," corrected Cazan. "It's like sharing. Like how you share your friends with other people. Or like how we passed the oil to Sariel the other day and then she gave it back."

Oh. Is T'ryn going to borrow you for his birthday? Will there be cookies? Can I help make a gift? Cazan stared at her dragon for a moment as she tried to decide how to respond. "How about you make a story to tell him on his birthday? I'll help."

Malvayth's eyes swirled in delight at the idea. I'll think of a good story with pants!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Hearing that Cazelarias didn't have many friends or the army of girlfriends Cazan had always implied he had made T'ryn both like the man a bit more and feel a bit bad for wanting to sic Mylorah and Katiryn on him even more. Both girls could be pretty intense for someone that wasn't used to such straightforward personalities and flirting--assuming he noticed. The situation reminded him that he wasn't exactly the most observant himself as Casa had explained to him not too long ago. She gave him an actual list of names of girls that wanted his attention and kept bothering her for tips since they had dated a lifetime ago. He was still pretending that list didn't exist.

"Books? That I can help with," T'ryn promised, thinking on both a place he could find some for purchase and how to get some from their home library. He was used to tuning out Syrendryth's snide remarks and sometimes succeeded with weyrlings, so he missed the conversation between the girls until he heard his name and tuned back in and wished he hadn't.

He couldn't regret going to Cazan that first time to commission some items but agreeing to freebie pants would plague him for the rest of his life, of that he was certain. He loved the pants with how they felt and the perfect shade of dark red but his cheeks often started to warm with a blush at remembering the reactions to some people while he wore them. And now he had a baby dragon with a loud voice talking about making stories about pants. He could only imagine what Malvayth would come up with based on any memories Cazan had too close to the surface.

"Pants are an important detail..." he began, unsure of where to go with that and how to sway the dragonet away from the topic when Mylorah spoke up. She promised to send cookies with T'ryn for his birthday visit but then frowned as she pointed out the assistant headed their way. It seemed their time was coming to a close.

He always hated when he had to leave. Cazan often looked somewhere between frazzled and terrified which increased his guilt over his part in the Impression and not always being there to help. Not that he would always be there even if they lived in the same Weyr, unless he wanted to be a Weyrlingmaster or assistant.

"This was a fun visit and you did a lot better with the Quiet Game, Malvayth. I promise to visit again soon." He took Cazan's hand and gave it a light squeeze of silent encouragement. He believed in her and knew she could keep handling the disruption in her life.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)