World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 741.01.30 | Ominous Awakenings
5:00 AM | Narinoa, L'gan

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Dark brown, trusting, and frequently lit up with laughter.
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
B'kit? Are you awake?

B'kit cracked open his eyes and felt a disorienting wave of nausea through their bond. "Erebuth?" He sat up and forced the nausea down, looking for his dragon in the gloom.

I made a mess... The blue sounded miserably sheepish. I'm sorry. It's okay, Re, he reassured him, looking for a few glows so he'd be able to see. My stomach hurts.

Kitt frowned and slipped on a pair of boots, hurrying out beside the drooping dragonet. The mess had an alarming green tinge, and he stroked Erebuth's neck gently for a moment. "I'm going to send for the healers, okay, Re? It'll be okay. I'll be right back. Call the weyrlingmaster, okay?"

He ran back into the room, scrawling a fast note to L'gan. Nutmeg was grumpy to be woken up but took the note and disappeared with a chirp. Slipping back out next to Erebuth, he comforted him as best he could while they waited.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Waking up in the middle of the night to a frantic firelizard tugging at his hair was certainly not one of L'gan's favorite ways to wake up. Shooing the flit off enough to sit up, he lit a rush-light. "Yes, I see you have a message, you silly creature," he grumbled, trying to get the brown to sit still long enough to take the letter from what he now recognized as B'kit's firelizard.

"Nutmeg, you idiot, stop it." The firelizard had returned to tugging his hair, and now even his ear trying to get L'gan moving. Semath, dear, wake up. We're needed at Ista. Can you ask someone up to watch the twins? Nutmeg finally realized L'gan was getting up and flew over to perch on a shelf, chittering anxiously while the healer dressed quickly for riding and grabbed his kit. "Rather than babysit me, go back to B'kit and Erebuth. They need you and I'll be there," he chided the firelizard.

N'noa
of Blue Atranth

Date of Birth
29.09.715, 29
Height
6'0
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Narinoa was slow to wake despite Pipsqueak squawking at him and someone shaking him. He had been deep in his dreamless sleep thanks to a light dose of slutty gold and he did not want to rouse just yet. However, when a few key words got through the fog, Narinoa sat up in a panic. He realised it hadn’t just been one person shaking him, but two. His fellow candidate that had help wear him out earlier was still in the small bed beside him though he was rather wide-eyed and far more terrified than the other man Narinoa soon placed as one of the assistants for the tiny class.

“Fuck, I’m up. Just… give me ten to make sure I’m properly up and I’ll be there.” Narinoa threw back the sheet and left the bed without a glance back at his lover. He tossed on clothes and footwear and was soon splashing water on his face from a bowl he had used to wash his hands and face in earlier that night. Each splash of the lukewarm water helped bring him back but for good measure, Narinoa slapped his cheeks a couple of times and blinked, surprised at the sting. Okay, that was working.

As he made his way from the Candidate barracks to the weyrlings ones, he slapped his face a few more times and recited various names and facts to help get his mind working again. Erebuth wasn’t feeling well and Narinoa wasn’t going to arrive stumbling around like a drunken fool that would do more harm than good.

Feeling more alert and like himself again, Narinoa let himself into the room and took a moment to take in the scene. He didn’t like what he saw but he didn’t comment on or linger near the mess the poor dragon had made. Instead, he went immediately to the blue’s side and crouched down. “Hey, Erebuth. I heard you might have a tummy ache. What can you tell me about it? Anything else bothering you?”

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

Erebuth was curled up in the far corner of their barracks, B'kit stroking his shoulders soothingly and humming to him. The young rider was anxious, but doing his best to project calming thoughts for his mate. The two looked up as Narinoa approached, and the blue, though still clearly miserable, appeared to brighten up at the sight of their friend. I was sick; I couldn't help it.

"It's okay, Re," B'kit said softly to his dragon. To Narinoa and L'gan who had just joined them, he added, "He didn't eat much yesterday; said he wasn't hungry. And his color's been a bit off for a few days, but we've been keeping an eye on it and I thought it was improving."

My tummy hurt longer. I didn't want to worry B'kit. He shared an image with the two of letting his siblings or other dragons finish off the rest of his meals earlier in the week. The admission was quiet and if the young blue could had drooped any further into the floor he would have. It doesn't always hurt. But sometimes it hurts a lot. Like tonight.

N'noa
of Blue Atranth

Date of Birth
29.09.715, 29
Height
6'0
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

Narinoa listened intently to both as they pointed out what had been going on with Erebuth and for how long. He didn't like it but did his best not to show how concerned he was. Erebuth was a sweet dragon and a sensitive one at that and Narinoa didn't want to cause further distress. Which was why as L'gan dug through his bag, Narinoa ran his hands lightly over the soft hide in both a soothing gesture and to see if he could feel anything unusual like bumps.

"Everyone gets sick sometimes, Erebuth. I didn't tell you but when I went to Fort Weyr for their Hatching, I was sick for the first few days." Of course that was because he was detoxing from his favourite drug habit but no one needed to know that detail. "I wasn't hungry either, had cold sweats, and was light-headed a lot. But I got better and you not only have me but L'gan looking after you, so don't worry, okay?"

He glanced at L'gan and knew the Healer was likely to be just as worried as he was but he wasn't showing it. Good. Erebuth didn't need to worry and they really didn't need him causing a fuss that would wake up the others--though Narinoa wouldn't be surprised if they were already awake and trying to listen in.

"I'm going to apply a little pressure here and there and you tell me if anything hurts, okay?" Thanks to the diagrams created from the studying of the hatchlings that hadn't made it, Narinoa had a better idea of what organ was where and continued running his hands along Erebuth's torso, pressing where one key organ should be, waiting for a response, and moving to another. Once he was finished, he'd get out of the way for L'gan to do his once over; especially since the colour of the vomit was still on his mind and Narinoa worried it had ichor in it.

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

[i}Semath, can you see if Erebuth can give you a clearer impression of where he's hurting or what it feels like?[/i] While the dragons conversed, L'gan rifled through his bag to see what he could use as an anti-emetic and sent an assistant to find some more of the most promising ingredients. As Semath reported back and sent her best approximation of what Erebuth shared, he grimaced and adjusted his recipe a little.

Trusting Narinoa to handle the initial physical, he took advantage of the distraction to examine the mess, not liking what he saw one bit. There was indeed ichor mixed in, though it was darker than fresh--but it had been exposed to the air for a while before he could get there. He scraped a sample into a jar, then stepped aside to let someone else help clean up while he joined the others.

"Hey buddy," he said, reaching over and scratching Erebuth's eye ridge. "So it sounds like it's probably something up with your tummy. Is it worse when you eat, or when you don't?" He asked a few other questions, like if it was only when he ate wherry or all the time, and things like that. While he asked, he did a quick exam of Erebuth's eyes and teeth--it didn't seem to be neurological or a rotten tooth, and he had a hunch what it really was. "You're a real trooper, Erebuth. Can I steal B'kit and Noa for a minute? We'll be right back, and hopefully I'll have something which can help your stomach."

He pulled the two aside and got a quick update on what Narinoa found. "You did the right thing, calling for us, B'kit. I think we caught this early enough, despite appearances. It could be a couple things. The most likely is an ulcer, so that's what I'm going to try to treat first. You need to make sure he eats a small meal every day, even if he doesn't want to; otherwise the acids in his stomach will agitate the ulcer and make it worse or cause more to form." He rested a hand on B'kit's shoulder and gave it a squeeze. "Call me again, day or night, if you need to. We're all here for you."

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

B'kit was white as a sheet during the exam, but kept Erebuth calm. Luckily, though his stomachs still hurt, the blue didn't throw up again, even as Narinoa poked and prodded. The pain was concentrated near his main stomach, and he couldn't help squirming away from the touch till he realized he was squishing B'kit into the wall and settled again reluctantly. That spot was the worst he said, redundantly, to have a little control back.

He tolerated L'gan's exam, but didn't like when the humans stepped away to talk. B'kit, what are they saying? I'm sorry about the mess; I think my tummy feels better. B'kit's face twisted and he scrubbed at his eyes a moment. It's okay, Re. No one is upset with you. L'gan thinks you have an ulcer, he just didn't want to worry you till he explained. It's... he tried to think of how to explain. It's a type of sore. This one is in your tummy, so it hurts more. But he says there's some medicine we can try which should help you feel better.

The blue looked over at the group and sighed unhappily. Then can we go back to bed?. Kitt managed a weak smile. Of course. Anything you want, Re.

N'noa
of Blue Atranth

Date of Birth
29.09.715, 29
Height
6'0
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, curly

Threads

Narinoa agreed with L’gan’s assessment and nodded at the treatment as well as how they were still there for the pair; for all of them. He knew it could be something else wrong with Erebuth given his state upon hatching but Narinoa wanted to believe in the far more easily treated ailment and didn’t want any further negativity around the group. The dragonets had been around it from conception and their mates had felt it since the Touching and did their best to carry on, so that was what Narinoa wanted to do as well.

Narinoa placed a hand on B’kit’s shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze before he returned to Erebuth and crouched back down again. The dragons were getting larger now, thankfully, and it really wasn’t necessary to get so low anymore but it was a combination of habit and feeling like it made him less threatening. “What do you say I come visit tomorrow after your lessons? I don’t think I finished telling you about my favourite two horses when I was a kid. And,” he lowered his voice into a stage whisper as he glanced at B’kit, “we still need to come up with our craziest idea to stump our Birdie on. He’s been too good at coming up with little ditties.”

It had been a game they played early on to help distract everyone and find something normal in their odd life. Toss B’kit a word like ‘cat’ and have him come up with a few lines of a fun song. Narinoa’s own attempts often borrowed from nursery rhymes and he wasn’t quite as quick on his feet for rhyming but it made them all laugh and that’s what he wanted.

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

Erebuth's eyes whirled happily at Narinoa's suggestion. He still felt awful, but the idea made him happy and helped him relax. I would like that. He nuzzled Noa with his head, then reluctantly took the medicine L'gan prepared for him. Thank you, he mumbled reluctantly. Grumbling a little he settled back in to curl up and maybe sleep a little more.

B'kit walked into the other room with the two, still obviously shaken, but a little less pale. "You really think this is all there is to it? I saw the ichor." L'gan assured him that while it did seem pretty banal, it was a possibility, and it was preferable to some of the others. It wasn't worth worrying too much about any of those at the moment, but he was going to run through a few tests and double-check, and they would check in again frequently. "Thank you. Both of you.."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)