World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 741.01.30 | A Post Flight Drink
10am | open

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
There was a distant ache in Je'ler's body that pulsed in time with still lingering pleasure as he woke, and he was dimly aware of the sound of gentle snoring, someone's rhythmic breathing tickling the back of his neck, and an arm heavily tossed across across him as he lay sprawled half in and on a tangle of sheets. He blinked, bleary eyed and confused. This wasn't his room. Why was it so cold?

As he woke up the fog began to clear and he remembered; he'd just delivered a cask of wine to Telgar when she decided to have her flight. He could hear her soft satisfied humming in his head as Isperinath lounged and cuddled with whichever dragon it was that caught her, trying to share as much of that snuggly satisfaction as she could with her rider. Cut that out, Isper, trying to get me in the mood to snuggle. I'm wise to your tricks.

Don't you even want to know who it was that caught us? The dragon's voice was particularly melodic, and close but not quite to the dangerous purr that meant she was not in the mood to be reasoned with at all when it came to affection. Nope. I'm just going to sneak on out of here and go have a drink, maybe a bite to eat. The dragon's voice returned in a teasing sing song, Are you sure- Yep, he immediately interrupted before she could try to continue with her quest to give him ideas.

It was quite the feat to carefully disentangle himself from the other rider and the sheets, but he was sure he hadn't woken the man up in his escape. One hasty gathering of his stuff later and he was out of the room, pulling on his clothes with the occasional awkward hop as he walked through the halls. He let out a happy sigh of relief as he finished dressing and discovered that had managed to grab his wineskin along with his clothes. It was meant to serve as a sample, but after that clingy wake up he could use a drink. He found a nice quiet hallway that he remembered slacking off in before moving to Ista and settled down with his back against the wall for a soothing bit of refreshment.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Vessaelia had just finished hanging the linen up to try on the line she had out on her ledge after a morning of doing the wash. It wasn’t the most glamourous of chores but it was nice to simply be able to do anything she wanted—more or less—now that she was a full-fledged graduated dragonrider. Tiath had unfortunately stayed green so she was still a greenrider but at least A’dis still didn’t mind so Vessaelia decided to leave it at that and call it a win.

She had the day free, like she suspected most of her days would be now that she wasn’t just some weyrlings that everyone could boss around and use for random errands. She suspected she’d still get some of it thanks to that whole green hide thing but so far, she could do laundry or whatever else she wanted, when she wanted, without a single worry.

Since it was still a bit too early to go for lunch, Vessaelia figured she could take advantage of the hour and go work on a doll in the dining cavern and possibly cross paths with a friend or two. She missed being able to sew as much as she used to before a dragon demanded so much of her time and Vessaelia was determined to get back into the habit where she could.

She grabbed her basket and left her weyr, opting to go left instead of right. She had explored the halls since moving into the small weyr and had found less-used paths and routes that seemed quicker than the more traversed ways. Humming a tune that was her favourite to dance to at Gathers, Vessaelia made her way down a flight of stairs and rounded a corner only to almost bump into someone leaning against the wall.

“Oh! Sorry! I wasn’t expecting anyone to be here. Normally I don’t find anyone in this hall.” She stared wide-eyed up at the man she didn’t recognise. Of course, she didn’t know everyone in Telgar on a personal level but she felt like she hadn’t really seen this man around before. Was he a new Candidate? “Are you lost? Or maybe just hiding,” Vessaelia giggled and waved to the wineskin she finally noticed the man holding. Looked like someone had a rough morning.

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Ah, sweet, sweet relief. Je'ler took a long sip from the flask as he sighed, letting the soothing warmth fill his stomach, help fill his head with just enough of a pleasant fuzz that he could more easily ignore Isper's purposefully cuddly and content thoughts she was trying to bombard him with. His dragon was always fond of suggesting he try to get closer to people, but it was always so much worse when she was lounging happily with some handsome, strapping young dragon after a flight. The meddlesome green put so much effort into encouraging him to stay and cuddle and get to know people and potentially form some sort of relationship. Je'ler had no time for that, and certainly no interest. It just sounded like a huge pain.

He took another long soothing drink, and sighed. Just had to wait it out a little longer then he could tear Isper away from her latest conquest (or conqueror possibly, depending on how her suitor felt the flight had gone). Je'ler was considering options to entertain or otherwise occupy himself while he waited when a young woman came around the corner and nearly ran into him. He couldn't help but smile as she tried to apologize. "Hey it's fine, it's fine. I used to slack off in these little side halls back in the day."

The mention of the wineskin made Je'ler chuckle, free hand moving to the back of his neck. "Yeah, yeah I'm hiding. Just waiting for Isperinath to finish up her cuddle before we can fly back home to Ista. She decided to surprise me with a flight this wine run and it is too cold for my liking here." Which is why you should embrace cuddling, came the dragon's reply. He brushed it off with a small internal roll of his eyes.

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

Isperinath... that sounded familiar but she knew she didn't know the rider. Oh! "You're the green pair that flew earlier! You were the talk of the laundry room, sorry to say." Once, she enjoyed the gossip and learning about who caught whom and the drama that might come from the Flight. Now that she was a greenrider herself, she wasn't feeling quite the same about it. People assuming she was curling up with A'dis regularly was one thing, but to have them know she was having sex right that very moment thanks to her dragon's needs wasn't quite as amusing anymore.

"She must have had her eyes set on a specific dragon if she decided to chase while you were on an errand in another Weyr." Given that the rider was in the hall with wine and not with the winner, Vessaelia assumed that meant the feeling wasn't mutual and it just filled her heart with more dread at the idea of her own Flights.

"I'm Vessaelia, by the way," Ahem "of green Tiath." Honestly, if her name didn't give it away, the colour of her dragon and sometimes Tiath's name did. Vessaelia hated when people clued in and recalled her as the girl that cried at Impressing to a green or just simply sneered at her for daring to be a female greenrider. "Recently graduated and still awaiting the first time she Flies and drives me out into the hall." She tacked the last on with a smile, letting her companion know that for all the gossiping and awkward situation of it all, she had a sense of humour and could tease herself about what was coming. Mostly because she didn't want to cry at the prospect of it.

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

"She better not have," Je'ler scoffed at the idea of Isper fancying any specific dragon. If anything the green wench probably had her eye more on another rider she thought hers might get along with. "She gets into a mood on occasion where she thinks I need to get cozy and give settling down a try. Gets worse whenever she has a flight. I don't think she has her eye on anyone though, she's just never been regular on her flights so I still get caught off guard more often than I'd like."

He tilted his head curiously at her name, trying to recall why it seemed familiar. He thought he'd heard something about a hatching, someone being disappointed, but that was fine. Probably her parents or friends, Je'ler thought. Or maybe it was her. It hadn't been anything he paid too close attention to, there was always a big tumble of emotions every time someone impressed, and everyone reacted differently. He smiled, "Nice to meet you, I'm Je'ler of green Isperniath and Journeyman Vintner. Green's a good color you know, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. And maybe you'll go hide out in the hall afterwards, but maybe not. I don't actually mind too much except when she keeps trying to get me in a cuddly mood like some busy body hold matchmaker. No time for that, not ready to even think about settling down."

Je'ler took another swig from his wineskin then held it out to offer to Vessaelia. "Want a drink? It's a sample of the berry mead that I brought with me."

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

“A pleasure to meet you, Je’ler,” Vessaelia smiled and was silently thankful that he didn’t say anything. Possibly he didn’t know anything about all of her drama or maybe he was too polite to bring it up. She’d take it either way and latch onto something he had said to help keep the conversation from getting too much into her time as a green. She had heard a lot of benefits of greens over golds but she was still having a hard time believing all of it.

She was about to reply when a drink from the flask was offered and Vessaelia reached out before an annoyed voice sounded in her mind. That would be very unbecoming of you, Vessaelia. A frown appeared as she stared a moment at the flask and then gave a wicked grin to Je’ler. “My dragon seems to think it’s not very lady-like of me to accept drinks from strangers in dark hallways. I say, too bad she’s too big to fit in the halls to stop me.” Taking the flask, Vessaelia sniffed the contents and was intrigued enough to take a swig.

“Oh, that’s lovely!” Vessaelia hummed in approval as she handed the flask back, savouring the lingering taste that was just sweet enough to entice her to enjoy a full glass. The man knew his craft—and she knew love. “Cuddly moods and settling down aren’t too bad either, you know. When I came to the Weyr, I thought I’d be free and play the field but then I happened to talk to a certain someone one afternoon and it changed my perspective.” She had honestly been enjoying being a little naughty and sneaking off to Flight moth and not stress over finding someone who would want her—until she found A’dis. Honestly, she still didn’t know how she got lucky with him and why he wanted her.

“But I promise I won’t push people on you like Isperniath!” Vessaelia giggled and then gave Je’ler a playful look, “well as long as you promise me you won’t turn a blind eye to a chance at love. You never know, you might like it.” She meant it but also just couldn’t help lightly teasing the man as he was so far easy to chat with and she wanted him to be happy and not worry about whomever he left behind in bed or whatever else his day had in store.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)