World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 740.12.13 | Line and Shadow
6:00 PM | Vaera

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
L'gan slipped into the library at the Hall, needing a change of scenery while he worked on a few reports. Most of the others were still in the dining hall, so hopefully he'd be able to grab a less crowded spot at a table near the (admittedly sparse) dragonhealing shelves. Though apparently he wasn't the only one with that idea.

"Does your father have any idea you're reading these," he asked, slipping into a seat next to Vaera. The girl had several of the old dragon anatomy books spread out on the table, a few of which he needed for his reports. L'gan gave her a small smile. "I poured over them when I was younger, back before the dragons returned. No one thought they would, but I just had to hope."

He got a better look at some of the pages spread out on the table, clearly personal notes, since the handwriting matched the sheet she'd been writing on when he sat. His brow creased in confusion as he pulled one over. "Where did you find this information? These diagrams... they're not from the studies of Thallyath's clutch. Did the Harpers deliver a new folio or something?"

Reluctantly he added, "these are really good." The drawings were clearly from the abandoned Weyrs, skeletal remains still curled up or in agonized twisting positions. Others had been posed more like the human anatomical drawings from the atlases, showing where muscles and tendons might attach. But almost all the drawings were clearly adult dragons.

"Vaera," L'gan said quietly, "please tell me you and your friends haven't been snooping around the abandoned Weyrs. It isn't safe, and it's enormously disrespectful."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
16.03.723, 22
Height
5'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Brown and wavy

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Vaera hadn’t expected to see diagrams of dragon skeletons when she went into her father’s office to borrow a book. He’d always let her borrow books off his shelf, never wanting to squash her curiosity, even if he had moved a number of books to the highest shelf to keep her from physically getting her hands on them. It didn’t take her long to borrow his desk chair to use as a step-stool. Technically the notes and diagrams in a small pile on his desk weren’t a book, but Vaera didn’t see why the same principle didn’t apply. Dragons were rather fascinating, and it was tragic how much of the knowledge of them had died with the vast majority of the dragonriders. The diagrams were clearly from someone who had investigated the Weyrs in the turns between the Plague and the dragonrider’s return, based on some of the notes she found in the margins (the ones she could read at least, the original handwriting was atrocious). Vaera had quickly taken a few sheets off the top of the stack and set about making copies of the diagrams held within, and as much of the writing as she could make out, mostly thoughts about articulation and where muscles and ligaments likely attached.

Once she had the diagrams traced and the notes scribbled down, Vaera replaced the originals on the desk and relocated to the Hall library to re-write some of the hastily copied notes in a neater, more organized fashion. She was about halfway through when L’gan found her.

“First of all,” Vaera said, a little miffed at the implications L’gan had made, “Who would take me to an abandoned Weyr, hmn? Zezeth? Hardly.” She almost said something dismissive about how studying a skeleton was in no way disrespectful, but she restrained herself. Really, if there were any left in Igen or High Reaches the Weyrs should bring them to the Healer Hall for further study. It was always better to have a proper hands-on model one could work with, Master Terandin said as much all the time. “And anyway, I didn’t go anywhere outside this Hall. Da had them in his office, and I made copies.” Very painstaking copies, held up to the windows so Vaera could trace all the lines exactly using the light going through the paper.

“Though if you’re really worried about it, I can go put them away,” she said as she began gathering her papers and notes into a pile, still somewhat annoyed at what felt like L’gan accusing her of - of stealing, and trespassing, and being disrespectful of dragonriders. Fine, then. He didn’t have to see them. He could wait until Verec released copies to the general Healer population. That had to be what he was doing, anyway, looking at these diagrams he’d dug up from somewhere to see what might now be useful, since the Hall was working with the Weyrs more and more. Vaera knew a lot of the dragon books and documents had been lost or misplaced over the turns, thought irrelevant, and it was very like her father to go over everything rediscovered to make sure it had value - though Vaera couldn’t see how these diagrams wouldn’t be amazingly helpful, but perhaps he was arranging for a Harper to make copies, or even a bound book, before sharing them widely. That sounded like her father, after all.

PA - First Post!

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
L’gan’s expression softened slightly as Vaera replied to his question with typical teenage angst and outrage. “I didn’t mean to accuse or judge, it’s just… these are clearly from the abandoned Weyrs. Since dragons typically go between when they die, we just don’t have these sorts of records.”

He saw the look on her face as she clearly decided against saying something else. “I understand the desire to learn from physical remains, but this isn’t a cadaver willed to the Hall for study. Thallyath graciously allowed us to study her clutch, but that was a deviation from the norm. Whoever did these,” he said, looking at the page he still held in his hands, “went into an abandoned Weyr and poked through the lives of riders and their dragons. I understand why, and I admire their skills, but as a rider… It makes me a little sick.”

As she began to gather her things up in a huff, he reached over and laid a hand over hers. “Don’t, please. I would still like to see them, if you’ll allow me. I can disagree with the methods and still recognize the value in the illustrations.” He traded her the drawing he had for one of the others as she reluctantly sat again

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
16.03.723, 22
Height
5'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Hair
Brown and wavy

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Vaera seethed at the hand on hers, trying very hard not to snatch both her hand and the paper L’gan was looking at back. It was so terribly patronizing of him! How dare he tell her the drawings and notes she’d spent so much time copying exactly shouldn’t exist, just to want to look at them himself? What right did he have to look at her work or the original artist’s work if he was going to talk down about it so? None. None at all, and thus decided she held her hand out expectantly until L’gan got the message and returned the paper she held, and Vaera returned it to the others, putting the last of the pages in place.

“Well,” Vaera said, tilting her head so she could look up at L’gan defiantly, “if they make you sick I’d be a poor excuse for a Healer if I let you remain exposed to them.” And she stood up, chair squeaking in protest as she shoved it back, all her papers firmly gathered in her arms. With a last petulant look at L’gan she flounced off, leaving the library behind altogether.

Instead, she headed back to the cluster of rooms that belonged to the Masterhealer and his family. Her father’s official office was elsewhere in the Hall, but he still had something of a small study in one of their rooms. Turns ago, even before he’d been Masterhealer but after he’d gotten a proper suite in the Hall, he’d set up a small desk near his for Vaera, and when they’d gone to the bigger rooms, the desk had come too. While she had graduated from drawing stick people on her father’s trash pieces of paper - “Much better than the useless prattle of idiots they used to contain” - to taking real notes and doing real work, she’d never gotten a bigger desk. Most of the time Vaera used the library or their dining table for real work, but sometimes she went back to the slightly too small one. Usually when she was feeling upset in some fashion, as she was after L’gan insulted her and her notes. She’d wanted a place her father was less likely to find the copies, since they weren’t exactly made with his permission, but the childhood desk was clearly the superior option today. No nosy, moralizing greenriders to be found there.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)