World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 741.01.10 | Damage Control
10am | T'ryn, Caze, Nerreh, et al

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Just go watch a bunch of dragon eggs hatch and cheer on a friend, that was all she had to do. Just one trip on the back of T'ryn's dragon, then sitting in the stands for a bit to watch some dragon babies stumble around and pick their person, cheer if Katiryn made a new gold friend, and then go home and get back to work. Maybe take Sprink for a ride if she had time in the afternoon before it got dark.

Now she was shoving meat things into a tubby little gold screech beast's hungry maw. But the screech beast was happy and that somehow made Cazan feel happy, even though she was a great deal distressed at the same time. Someone had said something about getting her moved into the weyrling barracks soon? She would be staying here until she graduated? There were strangers congratulating her on occasion too all because of the jiggly gold dragon that had somehow spotted her and picked her out.

Why? She still wasn't sure and in response the little dragon happily chirped, Because you're mine! Cazan sighed as she absently patted her dragon and looked up at T'ryn who hadn't abandoned her to the chaos yet. "I don't know what to do about my things. Someone should tell my brother... I guess someone should tell my parents. Sprink! Someone needs to care for Sprinkles! Can... can they bring her here? Can I go there? Surely I can just do a quick trip-"

No! Malvayth interrupted with a whine, nudging her head underneath Cazan's hand to force her rider to pet her more. I want to go too! The little gold dragon turned her attention to T'ryn, eyes flashing with happiness. Cazan likes you and the fun mouth games and I like you too! We should play games!

What... games? Oh no. Cazan's face turned bright red. "No, not right now. Maybe some other time maybe we'll come up with games to play with you too okay?" The round little gold made a pleased little mewling sound in response. What had she gotten herself into?

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
T'ryn had been internally panicking since the fat gold had waddled over and Impressed to Cazan. His spur of the moment excuse seemed to have been believed--although Casa and N'mor both gave him a look like they knew he was lying but it was a partial truth! It seemed good enough for the assistant that seemed ready to drag him over the wall himself if he didn't accompany the loud dragonet and panicking woman, which made some sense. He had been the one to bring the woman and he was a dragonrider so he knew how to behave around the hatchlings.

Still, his mind was half on the task and half on a list of things to do to help keep Cazan's identity safe. Thankfully, dragons liked to gossip or their riders at least had good hearing as Nerreh had sent a message along through their dragons when T'ryn was still at the stands. He had just reached the third step on his list of potentially kidnapping Cazelarias if he wouldn't come along peacefully when Syrendryth informed him that the real Cazelarias was already there in the stands and Nerreh would work on the man. Well damn. That made a few steps on his list easier.

Still, there was a lot to do and a lot to panic over and when Cazan mentioned her brother, T'ryn gave a little nervous laugh before crouching down beside Malvayth at her outburst and smiling. At least until she mentioned fun mouth games and the smile froze awkwardly as the words sank in.

Kissing. The round ball means kissing.

'I know what she means! I don't need your added commentary right now.' T'ryn growled back at his oh-so-helpful dragon. Besides, thinking too much about kissing and games that mouths could play led to other acts and now was not the time to think about any of that!

"I like you as well, Malvayth. Like Cazan said, we'll come up with some special games that we can all play together when I visit, okay? But you have to stay here at Fort for a little while since it's too far for you and Cazan to travel at the moment. But when you're as big as my dragon, I'll show you my home."

T'ryn looked from the hatchling to Cazan and gave her a sad smile. He knew she didn't want this, knew how much this would interrupt her life and her beloved work and T'ryn didn't think Cazan knew all of that yet. He didn't want to tell her just yet either, not when her new lifemate needed the attention and how strong emotions clearly affected Malvayth as well.

So he went back to her earlier fears so he could work his way into other ones. "Um, don't worry about your brother. He might... oh, your horse! Right. I'll look after Sprinkle, or I'll find someone qualified to since I don't know anything about horses. He'll be loved and watched over for you."

Z'lar
of Green Harakath

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10
Eyes
Deep, warm brown
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Light brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
This day had not gone at all like Cazelarias had expected. He hadn’t expected to be swept up by a dragonrider as soon as he arrived at the Weyr he’d discovered his sister was living in, in the wee early hours of the morning. He hadn’t expected to end up in the sky, or in the darkness, or back in the sky. He hadn’t expected to be a part of the crowd watching a Hatching. Honestly, Cazelarias didn’t think anyone in his immediate family could boast about having been to a Hatching before, and he was toying with the idea of writing back to his family to mention it, when he was joined by a dragonrider. One that spoke to him. One that knew his name. Cazelarias frowned slightly at N’reh, tilting his head just slightly.

“Caze,” he offered, still frowning, eyebrows pulled together and lips pursed slightly. “Original.” He repeated, bemused, and shook his head slightly before looking at Nerreh a little closer, his frown back between his eyebrows. “Where’s your ‘Original’?” he asked mildly, glancing towards the direction his sister was in, as if there would be a N’reh twin there, the ‘Original’ one. “How do you share a dragon?” That was genuinely curious, and he turned back to N’reh with his eyes wide and curious. Before N’reh could reply (probably before the poor bluerider could comprehend the question he’d been asked) the quake decided to hit, and Cazelarias’ eyes widened even further, this time with fear, and he looked nervously up at the ceiling, as if it hadn’t survived generations sprinkled with quakes. As if it might come down on top of them at any moment. Cazelarias’ breath faltered, quickening and he clenched his hands in his pants, released them, and clenched again.

Then there was a boy being mauled, and all the blood left Cazelarias’ face, and he swayed slightly; he might not have been close enough to really see it, but oh Faranth! Cazelarias looked away, tearing his gaze free with effort, and shoved his knuckles between his teeth, feeling queasy. “Does that happen a lot?” he mumbled weakly around his fist, horrified eyes turning to look at N’reh wildly. The way the murmurs were flowing around them, no one seemed shocked. No one was happy, or whatever, but, not shocked. That was horrifying!

Turning his attention back to the Hatching only when it was safe for his stomach that he do so, Cazelarias joined everyone else in watching the not-so-little gold dragon trudge around in confusion. When her voice rang out, he stared, wide eyed, as his sister toppled down to join the dragon. “W-w-… No!” he gasped, confused and bewildered as he stood up, before being jerked back down by N’reh, and he landed hard on his rump, blinking and blank. The rest of the Hatching wrapped up without Cazelarias noticing. He couldn’t have said what colours, what order, anything, about the last of the babies. All he knew was that it was over and he was shoving his way through the other men and women, ignoring their outcries and objections as he made a dash for the wall and nearly fell over it, landing in an ungainly pile on the sands.

N’reh joined him much more cleanly and helped him up, as Cazelarias seemed to have forgotten how to function, sand on his face and in his mouth and coating his clothing. He let the bluerider guide him towards Cazan and her – her – dragon. The thought made Cazelarias’ stomach drop and he stumbled, dazed and confused and unsure how to… “Cazan!” He gasped, when they finally joined the little group. She was busy talking to whomever the blonde man was, the dragonet babbling happily about… something. Cazelarias couldn’t make the words make sense. Never mind how bizarre it was to hear all the dragonets babbling to their new riders. In his head. All at the same time. Cazelarias was sure this was the worse fucking nightmare ever.

Even worse than when he’d woken up, and Cazan had been gone.

PA - First Post!

N'reh
of Blue Faxxonth

Date of Birth
11.06.721 AL , 23
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Wiry
Hair
Dark brown, wavy

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
It took Nerreh a second to realize what Cazelarias meant by asking if he also had an ‘original,’ and the pretty boy was fucking lucky everything started shaking just as Nerreh figured out Cazelarias was implying he was pretending to be someone else - a sibling, probably, like Caz and Cazelarias were. He took a moment, even through the shaking, to be absolutely pissed that Cazelarias had decided Nerreh must be like Caz - not entirely wrong, but he was himself, not pretending to be someone else, and just because Cazelarias could recognize some of the signs due to his twin meant nothing.

But then there were dragonets shrieking and betweening and Quinvalis got torn up. “Uh, is a couple times a turn ‘a lot’?” Nerreh asked awkwardly as he winced and held his breath as Quinvalis fell still, and was then carried off the Sands. It did seem there had been more maulings in recent turns, but there had always been some. Like Indivara. Most got out of it alright, though. Like, A’tay had his scarred hand and slightly reduced movement, but he also had a dragon, which like. Worth it. Also ultimately fine. Though it was never fun to watch, and probably even less so for a Holder who’d never been to a Hatching before.

When the round ball of gold Impressed to Caz, Nerreh was just as stunned as Cazelarias, but he had more sense (or like, knowledge of Hatchings, whatever) and when Cazelarias tried to go to his twin, Nerreh grabbed his arm and yanked him back down. His arrival would only make things worse at the moment. Caz needed to wrap her head around having a baby gold dragon for a few minutes before she had to deal with a swooning brother. Nerreh appreciated T’ryn’s quick thinking and shouted explanation. Made enough sense based on what most weyrfolk knew of Holders and their tight hold on their daughters, so most people would probably believe him. Not everyone heard, obviously, but Nerreh could practically see the way the whispers spread around the stands, and people who had heard Caz was actually a girl and their world was unshaken (other than physically) they visibly relaxed. Once T’ryn had helped Caz over to where they were feeding the dragonets, Nerreh had Faxx send Syrendryth a message that he had Cazelarias with him and would keep him from causing a scene and probably bring him over to see his twin at some point.

He spent the rest of the Hatching watching Cazelarias out of the corner of his eye, making sure he wasn’t going to try anything stupid, but he seemed content to sit and stare blankly ahead for the moment. As soon as it was over the pretty boy jumped up and rushed off to get water, and Nerreh followed after him, making sure to keep within an arms reach of the distressed Holder in case he needed to like. Catch him if he fainted or something.

After he got some water in him… and on him… and on his clothing, Nerreh gently guided Cazelarias over to where Caz and T’ryn were huddled around Caz’s adorably chubby gold. He stayed a step back, close enough that, once again, he could catch Cazelarias if he fainted, but not so in the way as to awkwardly intrude on the sibling reunion any more than necessary.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

When she was as big as his dragon... Cazan paled slightly at the thought. Syrendryth was huge! It seemed impossible for something so relatively tiny as Malvayth could get that big. Definitely not any time soon. "How long... how fast do they grow?" How long was she going to be trapped in Fort Weyr for? All of her work! She'd have to get it moved with her somehow, make some sort of excuse. Have T'ryn tell everyone that Caz had to go back home to tell their parents and smuggled her tools back to her. And then she heard a familiar voice and looked up and lunged for her brother. She'd never been happier to see him as she wrapped her arms around him tightly in a hug. Malvayth bounced and pranced around them, trying to get a look at this new person who looked just like her rider. You have Cazan's face! It's a good face! Maybe it can play mouthgames with friends too!

Cazan ignored Mal for the moment, instead frantically in a hushed whisper trying to unload as much as she could on her brother in as coded a fashion as possible in her almost feverish relief to see him. "What are you doing here? I know you wanted to come watch Katiryn but you have so much work to do back in Ista and I don't know how you're going to get to them if you don't go back. And you have to take care of Sprink because I'm trapped here for how long?" She paused in the tirade to get an answer. "Shit."

Shit! Malvayth chirped merrily, glad to be involved in the conversation. Cazan cringed. "Caze, this is Malvayth. Mal this is my brother." She gave her brother a very pointed look as she said, "You already know T'ryn."

And then she glanced up at N'reh, the man she'd run to vent her woes and bouts of madness. Cazan had a wry smile on her face as she forced a small chuckle. "I didn't even get drunk this time..."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Since he knew Cazelarias was already there, T’ryn wasn’t surprised when the man appeared though it still shocked him to see how similar the two really were when they were side by side. No wonder Cazan had gotten away with her ruse for so long. He stayed crouched where he had been talking to Malvayth but winced and wished the sands would suck him in when he was asked how long Cazan would be in Fort Weyr. “Fifteen months,” he answered quietly and winced again at her response. Yeah, this day was going down as one of the worst for her.

“Hi, Cazelarias,” T’ryn gave a small smile and a half wave as he stood. They were supposed to know each other so he did his best to go along with it. It actually made it easier if he thought about how he had to treat Mylorah and a couple of other siblings that R’nd didn’t know about. This was a bit of an opposite situation since he had to pretend to know the man in public instead of acting like they were only friends and not related but the same idea was there, somewhere.

He was actually impressed by how well Cazan could relay so much information to her twin that he should know without flat out listing everything. The way she phrased it wouldn’t have been odd to him if he didn’t know the truth. Damn she was good and her cleverness was a bit of a turn on and making him think about those mouth games…

You have quite the way with picking girls to like. I tried to get you with that very sweet girl, Vaera, but no. You have to sneak around with the slutty crafty one and get tangled in this crazy mess. Syrendryth continued listing the faults of Casa and Cazan which T’ryn tuned out with an ease that came from nearly seven years of practice.

Wait, what did Cazan mean by not getting drunk this time and why was it said at Nerreh? T’ryn frowned at the bluerider as he decided Cazan must have gone to Nerreh for advice after their interesting morning that sent him to Casa. Great. Another person knew and he would have flushed with embarrassment but he was still over-thinking how Cazan linked accidentally Impressing a dragon to a drunken blowjob. Did giving him head really rank up there with getting a dragon that you didn’t want?

He’d give it a month and then figured Cazan would find the Impression a pleasant surprise and one that she loved. That way, drunken blowjobs that led to some great times together since then would equate the same ranking.

Z'lar
of Green Harakath

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10
Eyes
Deep, warm brown
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Light brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
“Cazan has my face!” Cazelarias said indignantly, but the grumble was lost under the tirade of information that Cazan loaded on him, and Cazelarias frowned at her, pursing his lips, eyebrows pulled together. It was that, or pout, and he was much too angry to pout. Why did Cazan have to continually uproot his life? Why couldn’t she leave him out of all her drama and mayhem? He just wanted to go home, to curl up in the hidden corner of his Father’s library, and never come out again. To be surrounded by the familiar murky lighting and dusty smell of old books and an older building. Instead, he was who-knew-where (he couldn’t remember, honestly; so many names and places had been loaded onto him in too short a time), with whomever the group of people were that Cazan had attached herself to (using his face!) and now she had a dragon. A fat, liquid gold monster that was chattering loudly and Cazelarias didn’t like the way her voice was in his head.

When the blonde (T’ryn, apparently) told Cazan she’d be staying in the current location for fifteen months, what little colour was on Cazelarias’ face vanished, draining away like milk out of a glass, and leaving him looking pale and sickly. His stomach clenched in terror, and wild eyes stared at his sister. He was so overwhelmed by the prospect that he couldn’t even grasp onto the fact that he was supposed to be playing CC – who was definitely much more confident and a lot less clingy than he was! – CC didn’t need his sister, his twin. Cazelarias did. The prospect of being sent back to Ista without Cazan, of being expected to do her work, and to keep up the façade without her for fifteen months had him trembling on the spot.

“No,” he said softly, shaking his head, expression panicked. “No! Cazan,” he mewed his twin’s name pitifully, clinging to her hands ever since the hug broke, refusing to let her go entirely, completely unaware that such physical contact could upset a dragon; blissful ignorance. “Why?” He moaned softly, a begging word for an answer, an explanation for al the things that had happened that lead up to that moment. Cazan pretending to be him so successfully; running away; leaving him; leaving their life; abandoning him! Fleeing to Ista. Making who knew what types of promises and agreements in his name. Ending up where they were now, with a dragon attached to her mind like a fat gold parasite.

He didn’t care about the little group staring at them, that they might figure out something wasn’t quite right – though that N’reh already seemed to know Cazan was, well, Cazan in general – or that he was (at least for those two) completely destroying any impression Cazan might have built up about him. Usually, Cazelarias was good at playing his role. He’d managed it well enough after Cazan ran away, until he had some idea where she’d taken off too and was able to follow. But right at that moment, with his entire life being turned upside down as he slowly (and not so slowly) comprehended alt he changes Cazan being a goldrider was going to bring about, keeping up appearances was not at the top of his list.

Thankfully, for all the fuss that Cazan had caused by Impressing as a ‘boy’, no one seemed overly interested in them currently.

PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan couldn't blame her brother for being angry at the convoluted mess he was being thrust into. This was far beyond the normal dates she'd send him on whenever a pretty girl flirted back while she was in disguise. Malvayth was becoming irritated with it, but it was a confused muddle of emotions (or maybe Cazan just couldn't tell where her worry ended and Mal's annoyance began). Cazan is the best and that means it's her face.

But then Cazalarias was panicking and that made Cazan start to fret as she tried to think of ways to help. "Mal please be nice to my brother he's going through a lot right now and he's very confused." "I'm sorry Caze, I know this wasn't how you thought things would happen. Maybe... maybe you can come set up shop here? I don't know if they need a leatherworker but maybe you can find some other reason to come here anyway. Maybe just... take a vacation? You've been working very hard and I know this is a shock and I'm sorry."

This mental shift was having an effect on Malvayth as well and the gold dragon began anxiously circling the twins making soft mewling sounds. I'm sorry it can be your face too. You can share a face! Don't be sad I can be your friend too? Malvayth's voice was soft and extra sweet in a desperate bid to make things calm down. Cazan managed to catch how she was beginning to spiral and pulled her brother into another hug. "Hey, calm down, she's getting upset and I don't want her to scream about things right now. Let's... we can talk more in private soon and we'll figure something out. T'ryn will help... he's a great guy. A very good friend. Just take a moment and breathe, Caze. At least you know where I am for the next fifteen months."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn was still crouching where he had been talking to Malvayth even after she wandered off to circle the twins. His mind was overloading with all of the problems that needed fixing and all of the details that needed sorting out. He was half-listening to the siblings while trying to block out all of the hatchlings that were too close and too excited and far too chatty while also listing all the known issues at hand.

The biggest one was whether or not key people believed his lie--no, it was a half-truth, he hadn't flat out lied. M'ris was in attendance and he would have caught what was said and noticed his leather worker wasn't actually his leather worker and how his actual leather worker was also there. At least the twins were very hard to tell apart. He could see slight differences but that was likely due to being up close and personal with Cazan more than once. It didn't sound like M'ris had really paid much attention after allowing Cazan to stay so he could buy the ruse. Some of his friends likely knew he was hiding something and T'ryn wasn't sure who else Cazan was close to that needed to be swayed one way or another.

Then there was the problem of getting Cazelarias to move to Ista Weyr, or Fort if he heard Cazan's idea correctly. Was his work at the same level as his sister's? Would anyone notice a difference? And perhaps moving him to Fort was better than staying in Ista where more people knew Cazan's version of Cazelarias which would be less stress on the man. They would also have to tell Cazan she wouldn't have much time to do any work herself without working herself to exhaustion and risking Malvayth's health as well. T'ryn had enough trouble getting her to eat and sleep without a baby dragon that he knew this wasn't going to end well.

Maybe he could--

T'ryn looked up at Cazan as he heard his name. Yes, he was going to help because he was a great guy and a very good friend. There was no way he'd simply leave either of them to figure any of this out on their own. Okay, so maybe somewhere in his frantic thoughts he had wondered if he could sneak away and pretend he wasn't involved in all of it but he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he did that. So he got to his feet and turned on bossy bronzerider mode which he hated doing but it did help boost his confidence and he needed a lot of that right then.

"All right. Here's what we're going to do. Cazelarias, you need to take a few minutes to calm down and realise your life isn't over, just mildly inconvenienced and that you have Nerreh and me--the best around to help you figure everything out. Nerreh's going to take you outside for fresh air and then to R'dare or R'dal's for some privacy and wine," or fellis, T'ryn decided as he saw how frantic the man was. He was close to having a full blown meltdown and he was going to need some privacy both for that and so they could talk more freely. He knew no matter which bluerider's weyr Nerreh took Cazelarias to, they could have it for themselves for a while. They had good friends.

"And Caz," T'ryn carefully took one of her hands, eyes on Malvayth as he did so. He was trying to block all of his emotions he had for Cazan and the stress caused from the situation to help keep the round hatchling happy. "We need to talk a bit more as well but we can do that this evening. I promise I'll come back but you have to join your class and focus on Malvayth first. If you feel hungry, don't ignore it like usual. That's going to be her hunger. And don't freak out over how tired you'll be for the next few days as you will feel her exhaustion as well."

Was there anything else that needed to be said right away? Right, soothing her fears about Cazelarias. "And Nerreh and I will look after your brother."

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Malvayth tried to squeeze herself in between Cazan and the man who shared her face, letting out another soft half whine half mewling noise. There was so much going on, so many worries and anxieties and plans that she couldn't understand. Her rider really was the best, and so smart to be able to handle it all! But that didn't make things less confusing, and she couldn't think of how to help, and she couldn't even think of how to get involved either when her rider was so busy with her face mate. She tried circling to find another place to squeeze in before sitting down next to Cazan with a small squeak. Cazan will fix it. It will be okay. And I can help too! And our friends will!

Cazan sighed, tearing herself away from the hug again to turn her attention to her dragon. Her dragon. She still wasn't sure if she quite understood what that meant, or why. But she didn't want the little creature to be upset, so she reached over to pet her head, scratching an itch she felt just behind an eye ridge. That was enough to make Mal start cooing and leaning heavily against her rider's legs, staying there even when the scratches stopped. When T'ryn took her rider's hand she looked up, curiously watching him for a moment. But the hand hold was nice according to everything she felt from Cazan so she just quietly watched the two, glad for something else to pay attention to.

The hand was a big comfort and Cazan gave it a small squeeze as she watched T'ryn. "This evening... I can do that. I can wait until then." It was something to look forward to. A fixed point in time to focus on other than the dreadfully far away fifteen months. "Should I wait for you to find me or try to meet you somewhere?"

This sounded like a delightful game and Mal couldn't help but chime in, We'll be sneaky!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Despite everything, T’ryn gave a genuine laugh and shook his head at Malvayth. “You don’t have to be sneaky for this meeting.” And good luck being sneaky for the next two months, he mentally added, knowing how closely watched the young weyrlings were. Personal space was definitely a long forgotten memory.

“I’ll let one of the Weyrlingmasters know I’ll return this evening to check in with you and see how you’re settling in and see what else I can help with.” He couldn’t stop blaming himself for the Impression. It didn’t matter that Katiryn was the one that had asked Cazan to attend the Hatching. He had been the one to bring Cazan and he had been the one that had been remiss in not explaining Hatchings better before they arrived. He could have warned such things could happen and maybe scare her away from attending.

Now he worried about her adjusting to the life she never wanted. Should he ask to transfer so he could be close by at all times in case he was needed? No, that was smothering and a bit obsessive—like creepy amounts of it. Visiting a few times a week to check in on his friend and help her with anything she might be struggling with wouldn’t be overstepping, right? He had a feeling the Weyrlingmasters wouldn’t mind given how the Impression played out and if they were careful, Malvayth wouldn’t mind him being around either. It wasn’t like they were in a serious relationship or really even fooled around that much. Actually, maybe that would be a problem if Malvayth was anything like Dyoricath and Cazan thought about anything too much.

Oh boy, he was in another weird mess.

“You two go join your class and I’ll go catch up to Nerreh and Cazelarias.” That was another headache he wasn’t looking forward to. Maybe Nerreh could lead on that one and he could hang back, taking notes, and figuring out all the logistics of each issue they had to tidy up.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)