World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 741.01.11 | Leaving an Impression
9am | Sh'ran, B'kit

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Mylorah knew Sh’ran would be dying for all the details of the Hatching even though she suspected he and B’kit would have been getting updates from someone via a firelizard’s images or notes. She was dying to tell them both about all of the drama that happened but she also didn’t want to miss out on the celebrations. Several friends had Impressed and she wanted to enjoy some more time with them before heading home. But she did head home the following morning and after dumping her bag off in her room, she headed out to find the boys.

She knew they were alone having breakfast thanks to A’tay’s assistance. He had been the one to tell Madiquel about her friend Quinvalis being mauled and she’d apparently refused to come out of her room still. Her heart broke for the girl and would try to see her later that day as a shoulder to cry on while giving her hugs if she’d even be allowed in. It sounded like even A’tay was having issues getting in at the moment.

She found them both relaxing outside with what looked like sleepy dragons—a relief when it came to Dyoricath. Not wanting to wake up that noise maker, Mylorah gave only a wave and a big smile as she approached instead of her usual call of ‘Mimi!’ or ‘Hummingbird!’ That didn’t stop her from giving massive hugs to both boys and she settled in between them, resting her head on B’kit’s shoulder and gave a content smile. “I missed you both. I’m kind of glad I didn’t Impress since that means I could come back to you.”

Straightening again, Mylorah flashed Sh’ran a wicked grin before looking utterly angelic as she teased, “even though I’m dying to give you all the juicy details about my end of turn celebrations, I bet you’re currently far more invested in what happened at the Hatching and I guess I can share.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Dark brown, trusting, and frequently lit up with laughter.
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
B’kit picked at his food half-heartedly, worried for their friends at Fort. What few snippets they’d dotten during the Hatching had been jumbled and lacking in detail. A’tay had told them all about Quinvalis’s injury, and some of the other news, but he was understandably more focused on helping Madiquel cope with the news. So it was a relief to see Mylorah’s smiling face appear; hopefully she would share more of the story.

He accepted her hug gleefully, and slipped an arm around her waist as she snuggled close. “We missed you too. Being stuck here waiting was awful. Though,” he added, “I am sorry you didn’t Impress.” They had all stood together so long on the sands, and he knew the ache which came from being passed over again. The doubt which could creep in if you weren’t careful.

B’kit stifled a startled laugh at her teasing suggestion she would dare make them wait by giving details of her love life, darting a glance at the dragons to make sure even the thought hadn’t woken Dyoricath, but so far so good. “Mylo~ we all know you’ll tell us about that even if we don’t ask. Come on, spill about the Hatching. What the hell happened?”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Sh’ran was honestly quite put out about the recent Hatching. The whole being trapped in one Weyr until his dragon was old enough (or probably strong enough, in their case) to between or fly long distances. Which Dyoricath wasn’t, considering they weren’t even letting Sh’ran try sitting on him yet. Dyoricath insisted he was stronger than he looked, and Sh’ran was inclined to agree with him, but the Weyrlingmaster would hear nothing of it. So Sh’ran just had to deal with hearing updates through Madiquel from A’tay of what was going on, and some of it later from A’tay himself - though that was decidedly dampened by Madiquel bursting into tears and barricading herself in her room when she heard her friend was mauled. Misha could relate, not a fun time, but it didn’t sound like Quinvalis was dying or anything. If he visited Madi when he’d healed some Sh’ran could even give him some of the scar salve he’d used on his own healing injuries.

But! More importantly! He hadn’t been there to support his friends. There was so much that could happen at a Hatching - Quinvalis’ injuries proved that - and even though he wasn’t Standing himself anymore, Misha wanted to be there, always, for the people that he cared about. Mostly that meant Mylo and Kordi, who were his closest friends, and he dearly loved both of them and wanted to be at Hatchings for them. Especially since it was Kordiavis’ first time Standing somewhere other than Ista and Sh’ran couldn’t go be there for him! Ugh.

It was a relief when Mylorah appeared the day after the Hatching, and Sh’ran eagerly returned her hug - best to take advantage of Dyoricath’s naps. Though he had mostly calmed down on the shrieks and tended more towards grumbles and pointed looks most days. He could still hurt everyone’s heads with a well-practiced shriek, but it took a little more to provoke one. Still, Sh’ran knew Mylo’s hug would have garnered at least a glare and possibly a grumble if Dyo had been awake to see it. But he wasn’t, so he could simply enjoy hugging one of his favorite people.

“Mylo, you are telling me everything, but we’ll be nice to Kitten and start with the Hatching,” he said, resisting the urge to drape himself over her. Dyoricath may be asleep, but Sh’ran didn’t want to push his luck before he’d gotten all the news from Mylorah. Besides, he was dying to hear about the Hatching and didn’t mind putting off Mylo’s adventures with her lordling for it.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

“There’s so much to tell! I’m sure A’tay’s notes and then seeing him in person got you some of the details,” even still, Mylorah did a quick rundown of major events, asking if they knew about the earthquake and the three babies that were lost from it. She knew they knew about Quinvalis but still mentioned it since she heard just before leaving that he had awoken briefly which was apparently a good sign. That also meant having to confess she didn’t see the actual incident since she was helping to keep some of the girls calm and out of the way in case any others rampaged. It hadn’t been as bad as Bedith’s maiden clutch but it was still enough to freak Mylorah out and she gave Sh’ran’s hand a squeeze in quiet support, knowing the chaos and mauling wouldn’t be too pleasant to hear about for him especially.

She pointed out a few more interesting happenings that had probably been conveyed before moving on to the talk of the Weyr; the two golds. “L’gan’s mate, Sariel, Impressed to the first one. I still don’t know her too well since I wasn’t there long enough to really spend time with her but she seems super sweet and she was accidentally lightly mauled but she seems fine.” Mylorah was pretty sure this clutch inherited their mother’s klutziness and that Aradissicath fed them all well with nutrients and love, and said as much as she wandered off on a bit of a tangent about the babies.

“Oh! Anyway. So, remember how T’ryn brought Cazelarias’ sister to the family dinner last month? Turns out they liked each other enough to keep in touch and secretly bring her to the Hatching disguised as Cazelarias for some reason. Anyway, the fattest and loudest gold ever waddled over to the stands and,” Mylorah paused for dramatic suspense as she bit back a grin. It didn’t sound like A’tay had given them too much information on the whole fiasco so they likely knew some of it but she could tell it better than her brother could. “Impressed to T’ryn’s ‘lordly’ friend, which he then quickly shouted out that it was actually a girl in disguise. So now my dear brother’s bad luck continues as his latest love interest is now a gold weyrling in another Weyr with the added bonus of knowing nothing about dragons. And Cazelarias was also there and having a complete panic attack over it from what I’ve been told.”

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

B’kit listened attentively, eager for details beyond the sparse notes from fire lizards and distracted friends. It was also reassuring to hear that Quinvalis had woken up. He’d send a note over with Nutmeg tomorrow to check in.

On the other hand, the news of the earthquake was much harder to take. Would memories of that damn landslide never fade? Poor Mylo had just dealt with that trauma all over again with Thallyath’s clutch and been rattled enough on solid ground. He rested a hand over hers in silent support.

As she shared about Sariel’s impression he couldn’t help a grin. He didn’t know L’gan’s mate well but they had stood together a time or two, and he was pleased she’d found her draconic partner. A gold, no less! Hopefully a good fit for the Healer trainee.

Kitt gasped as she shared the news about Cazelarias and his sister. “Poor girl! And poor Caz! For his sister to be stuck so far away. I know they were close.” They’d had a few talks since the leatherworker came to Ista and he liked the man. “At least your brother can ferry him on visits,” he said with a laugh. “T’ryn’s luck is even worse than mine, it sounds like.”

He glanced over at the dragonets still snoozing away happily in the sun. “Put Misha out of his misery and spill your story from Turn’s End. Sounds like at least someone’s went better than mine.”

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

Everything Mylo said made Sh’ran wish he’d been able to see the Hatching. Okay, maybe the whole place shaking wasn’t great - he may have never worked in the mines himself, but Misha was from a miner family, he’d heard plenty of horror stories of the ground shaking - but a Holder lady Impressing while dressed as a boy? Absolutely stellar drama; Sh’ran loved it.

He stuck his tongue out at B’kit’s teasing, though it wasn’t totally off track. His own Turn’s End had been terribly boring. The stupid herbal tea the Weyrlingmaster was making him drink at least until they had their own weyrs made him tired all the time, and he’d gone to sleep early. On Turn’s End! He’d gone to bed early! What a boring person weyrlinghood had turned him into. Sh’ran needed Mylorah to tell him all about her more interesting life to keep him from turning into a completely tedious person. Her plans for Turn’s End definitely fit the bill, especially if they happened anything like she’d hoped. But first, one last Hatching question.

“Yes, I demand all the details before my chaperone wakes up. Before that though, related to your celebration plans, when’s Kordi coming back? Or is he back already and rudely brooding somewhere instead of saying hi?” Sh’ran would believe the latter of Kordiavis, and wasn’t even that upset about it. That was just how Kordiavis was. Misha knew he’d stop by eventually.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah laughed and gave B'kit a little shoulder bump as he teased Sh'ran. She adored both boys and had missed them despite only being gone a couple of weeks. But when Sh'ran asked about Kordiavis, Mylorah bit her lip. She had been both extremely excited to share his news but also a bit worried, knowing the boys were friends to varying degrees with him and would have to deal with the distance like she would. But the excitement won out in the end and she straightened and gave them each a playful grin.

"Kordi? I don't know a Kordi. I only know Kor'is of blue Taith." She waited a moment to let that news sink in and then burst out gushing about the dragon. "He's so cute, you guys! The palest blue ever, like almost more white with slightly darker speckles and he's chipper and friendly so you know he'll drive Kordi absolutely insane. I think he's handling it well so far, especially since I'm pretty sure he was going to give up on Standing. So this bundle of joy is probably throwing him off a lot." But Mylorah was confident Taith would help Kordiavis in the end and they would find the right balance between their personalities.

"And my Turn's End was rather dull," Mylorah continued on, completely in story-telling mode and not letting her audience do much more than gasp for the time being. "Okay, totally not true but compared to Kordi Impressing? I mean, what's the bigger news here? Kordiavis bonding to the perfect little blue or me getting ravished by two delicious men while in Tillek?"

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

“Bitch!” Sh’ran exclaimed in shock, sitting bolt upright, “Lead with that! What the fuck!” Kordi had Impressed? At Fort, of all places. The one time he Stands outside Ista and he Impresses, what were the fucking odds. Low, but Kordi had that special kind of luck. Misha listened eagerly to Mylorah’s description of blue Taith - who sounded just about the opposite of Dyoricath, color-wise - extremely curious about his friend’s new lifemate. Who he’d have to wait months to meet! Or see Kordi again! What the fuck! Shit, Kordi and Taith would probably be allowed to go to other Weyrs before their class was. They were still a few months behind in a lot of areas, which sucked. Kordi would probably be able to kiss people again before Sh’ran could too. Fucker.

Which, speaking of. “Consider, you will tell me everything about both, because I have just been informed I won’t be seeing Kordi for months and deserve all the juicy details, hmn?” Misha pouted at her.

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

“Kordi Impressed?! That’s fantastic!” Kitt interjected, grinning broadly at the news. He hadn’t been quite as close to Kordi as Misha was, but they were still friendly. He’d even talked a little bit about drawing with Kordi a while ago, though he hadn’t been privileged to see any of the boy’s sketches.

But at her second bit of news his eyebrows shot into his hairline. “Mylo!” He darted another quick glance at the dragons—still asleep, good. “I agree with Misha. You need to share all the juicy details right now. Kordi is obviously the bigger news but your story is far more scandalous. Who are these deliciously handsome young men and what in the world were you doing in Tillek?”

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah smiled widely, trying her best to look innocent at withholding such big news but failing. She'd done it purposely and both boys knew her well enough to know that as well. She finally dissolved into giggles and rested her head on B'kit's shoulder when they passed. "Oh my sweet Hummingbird. You're in for a story." She hadn't meant to keep B'kit in the dark about her plans but at the same time, she didn't want to tell the world since there was a chance it would all fall through and there were two other people involved in it as well. So only Sh'ran had been confided in, getting the details about how she hoped to pull it all off--or as much as she could divulge with a cranky dragon looming near by.

"Kordiavis and I are friends with the second son of Tillek. The boys knew each other back in Kordi's Holder days and I met my Sir Tazicurls at Telgar's Gather. I got it in my head about how wonderful it would be to have both men at once and told Tazikel that. He laughed and agreed and probably didn't think I'd be able to pull it off because Kordi is Kordi. Guess who managed to pull it off?" Mylorah grinned, this time not even trying to look innocent. She was rather proud of herself and still glowing from the memories of that trip. She hadn't had a chance to talk to either of them about it since they parted ways but the boys seemed to have enjoyed themselves at the time.

"And before you ask," her gaze went to Sh'ran, knowing he'd want more details, "all I will say is, they focused solely on me so I haven't fully corrupted a lordling yet. Though, they may have kissed. I was a bit preoccupied at the time to fully notice but it looked like they may have." Mylorah fell silent as she thought back on the moment, yet again. That was something else she had wanted to bring up with one or the other but since neither man had done so and they hadn't done anything more at the time, she either saw what she wanted to see or Tazikel decided that wasn't for him.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

Sh’ran grinned at B’kit’s questions. He knew who her delicious young men were, and had very much been waiting to hear all about her evening with them. Especially since she’d managed to get Kordi to agree with it, and Misha just had to know how that had panned out in the moment. And maybe live vicariously through Mylo, a little. Because being ravished by Kordi and a handsome Lord sounded fun.

“Technically, I don’t think you could do that last bit of corrupting yourself, anyway,” Misha teased. “That’s Kordi’s job, isn’t it? Or was, since he’s now stuck in Weyrling celibacy.” He sighed. “And here I am, unable to interrogate him about it,” Sh’ran said sadly. “Even if I send a letter he’ll just ignore the question.” He paused for a moment, thinking. “Maybe I just need to meet your Lordling, Mymy, find out for myself. In like, eight months.” Sh’ran sighed again, louder this time, and flopped back against the ground. “Maybe as a graduation gift for myself I’ll try to get Kordi and your Lordling to have a threesome with me, finish corrupting him the rest of the way,” he pouted dramatically, then stuck his tongue out at Mylorah.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)