World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 741.01.05 | Measuring Up
9am | Helyna

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
The change of scenery was nice, even if it was horrifically cold in Fort Weyr compared to Ista. But the cold was probably a good thing, Cazan thought, it helped clear her head a bit (because it still so desperately needed it). That and it meant she could wear her nice cold weather jacket. She went through her mental checklist again to make sure she hadn't forgotten anything. She had the supplies requested for the proposed job, she had her notebook, she'd made sure that Sprink would be taken care of for the day and let out to the pasture for a nice safe run, and she left a note on her little workshop door letting people know she was away for the day but would return that evening to read any notes left for her.

Cazan lingered out in the cold for a moment longer, before making her way to go meet with Helyna about this work proposition. She could only assume the woman had heard about the pants and wanted to get something done for herself; she was quite curious to see what this newest potential customer had in mind.

Cazan went straight to the goldrider's weyr, not bothering to do any sight seeing while she was in Fort. That could wait until after she had this meeting and found out exactly what the customer wanted if she had time. After one quick check to make sure she was looking her best dapper masculine self she knocked firmly on the door, bag of supplies slung across her back, cheeks and nose still a little pink from the weather, eager smile on her face. Once the door opened she immediately introduced herself with a bow, "Hello, I'm Cazelarias, Journeyman Leathercrafter here to see Goldrider Helyna."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Helyna
of Gold Iliyith

Date of Birth
01.01.714, 31
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Brown, trusting
Build
Fit
Hair
Deep brown

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
Helyna had heard good things about the journeyman leathercrafter who had taken up shop at Ista, and had to admit she was curious if his skills lived up to the hype. She sent a request for some of his time and arranged to meet him at Fort since she was Weyrbound till Iliyith Clutched and the eggs hatched. The restriction was annoying, but she'd work around it.

"Please come in, Journeyman Cazelarias." She stepped aside to let the young man into the living area. "I'm sorry about the weather. It's an unfortunate side effect of living in the mountains of Fort," she said with a laugh. She had sent for some hot food and drinks, knowing it would be a shocking temperature change for someone used to Ista. "Please, make yourself comfortable, then we can talk business."

She sat at the table with him, picking at a bit of toasted bread. "I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to come here. I hope it wasn't an imposition for Weyrleader M'ris or yourself. And I understand if you have other orders for Ista which take priority. But I was rather hoping for a new belt and possibly a vest."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"Thank you, and it's fine. I was missing a little snow, though I admit this is quite a bit more than I was expecting." Cazan took off her winter jacket, draping it prominently over the back of a chair to help show off the work she'd put into it from the very tidy stitches to the richly dyed deep mahogany and black leather. The goldrider's weyr was much larger than the quarters she'd been assigned back at Ista, and she took a moment to look around and just admire the space as she sipped from a cup of hot tea.

But she wasn't here to admire the room, Cazan reminded herself. She turned her attention back to her host and client and found her eyes wandering a bit lower than the woman's face than she'd intended. She quickly corrected her course, eyes darting up from Helyna's breasts to properly meet her eyes. At least she had the cold to blame the color in her cheeks on. "Did you have a particular cut in mind for the vest? Something purely decorative or something to offer some additional support while flying?" Smooth, she thought, talk about the vest to cover up the fact that she'd gotten a touch distracted. "And as for belt did you want something with decorative tooling, any attachments for garters?"

Helyna
of Gold Iliyith

Date of Birth
01.01.714, 31
Height
5'8"
Eyes
Brown, trusting
Build
Fit
Hair
Deep brown

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
Helyna arched an eyebrow at the wandering eye but didn’t comment. “I’ll admit to wanting something which straddles the line between practicality and decoration. Support isn’t my primary concern, though I appreciate it being one of yours.” She took a sip of her tea, hiding a smirk. “Something with pockets would be extremely helpful, and I would love to see samples of your decorative stitching. I presume the jacket is some of your work?” She rose to get a closer look, since he’d made such a point of draping it to display. Helyna was no stranger to arranging pieces to show them to their best advantage, having used similar techniques when she had an opportunity to work the gather stalls in her youth.

“For the belt, I was looking for something primarily decorative, though I could be swayed. I have more than a few utilitarian items, but nothing which goes with some of my newer skirts. I’ll admit I hadn’t thought of garters with a leather belt. I have several lace garter belts, but the concept intrigues me. Do you have any examples, or sketches?” She let the beautiful leather jacket sleeve fall back down as she caught the crafter’s eyes again.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan nodded, pulling her notebook out to write in as she occasionally nibbled on the food at the table. It was so nice to have work to focus on. "Pockets, I can do pockets. On a vest I imagine you'll want them to stay rather slim and not add any bulk to the profile. How big will you want them to be? And do you have any preference for where they are placed? I can hide some on the inside in the liner if you want to keep something discreet."

She took another nibble, already sketching out pocket layout ideas before setting her gloves onto the table for inspection. "And yes, I did make that jacket. I also did the stitching on these gloves as well if you wanted to see another example. I wanted to experiment with different stitching styles to see how they would impact flexibility, I find the stitching on the fingers works rather well and also looks quite striking in a contrasting thread if you wanted to go that route."

After taking another quick bite, Cazan flipped to another page, scooting over slightly so that Helyna would have a better view as she started to sketch out some belt designs. "There's a number of things we can do, almost the same as any other garter belt really, would just need to make sure the leather is a high quality softer garment leather or I'd need to make sure the finish is spot on. Extra burnishing on the edges, conditioning on the leather to keep it supple and prevent any chafing, I can also add lining for extra comfort."

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)