World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 741.01.02 | Reflection
3am | R’nd

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
B’jin wasn’t sure when he realised he was awake, only that he did. He extended his mind cautiously to Larrikith, his stomach knotting uncertainly at the prospect of her Flying – that was usually why he awoke at odd hours – but all he got from the dragon was the peacefulness of sleep. Deep sleep. So she wasn’t the cause, and B’jin gave a soft puff of relief, curling over and around, reaching out for R’nd… and came up empty. Blinking his eyes several times, as if that would help him see in the deep darkness of their bedroom, B’jin cautiously extended his hand further. His lover was definitely not there. Eyebrows knitting together, B’jin ran his hand over the sheets – cool to the touch. So R’nd had been gone for a while. That worried B’jin, and he chewed on his bottom lip as he slowly sat up. They’d gone to bed together, fallen asleep wrapped up in a tangle of limbs, but now he was alone.

Several long minutes were spent waiting for R’nd to come back, deciding that the bluerider had simply gone to the toilet, or perhaps down to the kitchens for a snack of some description. But he didn’t come back, and B’jin’s anxiety rose. The greenrider had been quieter than normal, the past few days; he hadn’t withdrawn, but he’d clearly been lost in his own thoughts, and B’jin suddenly worried that R’nd was upset about that. Maybe he thought B’jin was going to be a complete idiot again? With his breath catching in his throat, B’jin slipped noiselessly out of bed, and felt around quietly for a pair of pants. He found his super-soft, well-worn pyjama pants. Pulling them on, B’jin padded quietly out of the room, wondering where R’nd might have gone, and more than a little terrified that the bluerider had packed up in the middle of the night to start the new Turn somewhere far from B’jin.

Ice ran down B’jin’s spine at the thought.

Stepping into the living area, B’jin looked around quietly, his eye being drawn to the slightest shift of light; blinking, he followed it and found himself out on the ledge. It didn’t much to spot R’nd, a shadow in the moonlight and twinkle of the stars that were peeking through the clouds. Studying him for a few moments, B’jin joined R’nd quietly, stopping behind him and peering off the ledge. Larrikith was still dead to the world; Ayyonth didn’t have his eyes open, so B’jin wasn’t sure if he was interrupting or not. When R’nd didn’t acknowledge his presence, either to send him away or welcome him, B’jin stepped a bit closer, brushing his fingers along the back of R’nd’s shoulders. “Hey,” he murmured softly, voice barely above a whisper.

Lowering himself to the ground, B’jin scooted in close, pressing his chest to R’nd’s back and stretching his legs out alongside R’nd’s longer ones. His arms snaked loosely around R’nd’s waist, and B’jin pressed a soft kiss to the back of his mate’s neck. “Are you okay?” B’jin asked softly, his gaze flickering between R’nd’s cheek and the sky before them.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
“Of course. Why wouldn’t I be?” R’nd replied, honest confusion in his voice as he rested his hands over B’jin’s. If anything, that was the question he should have been asking his mate. B’jin had been quieter than usual since Eridella’s dinner, which led the bluerider to wonder what he had done now. He really couldn’t think of anything but he had likely upset B’jin in some way and the man was starting to pull away again. Maybe something was simply said, again, and B’jin believed the crazy rumours over him, again. He hated thinking about that and how easily B’jin could doubt him and take the words of another to heart more than their years together. It had left R’nd being very careful about who he spoke to and what he did, knowing he’d mess up again somewhere and lose B’jin again. He wasn’t sure his heart could take that one more time.

“Going to bed early always throws me off and I wake early. I’m a night owl at heart.” R’nd added to help alleviate the anxiety he knew B’jin would still have. Because B’jin wouldn’t believe that he was fine and nothing was wrong. It was probably best not to point out that he did this every so often but it was the first time B’jin happened to catch him before slipping back to bed for a bit more sleep. “I usually sit with the dragons and chat with Ayyonth but apparently he has no issues with sleep tonight.” R’nd chuckled and gave his dragon an affectionate glance. They bickered regularly but they loved each other all the same and R’nd was thankful every day that Ayyonth chose him that fateful day.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

“Oh,” B’jin said softly at R’nd’s explanation. He had been as confused as his lover; why would anyone be up and alone in the middle of the night, if something wasn’t wrong? But he took the words he was given, and mulled over them for a few minutes, letting the silence of the night surround them. There were little bugs making their low music, the wind, and the sky above. B’jin wasn’t really paying a whole lot of attention to any of that, though, as he hugged R’nd tightly for a fraction of a moment, and then loosed his grip again. He didn’t, however, release the bluerider.

“Rin?” B’jin asked softly, making sure he had his mate’s attention, eyebrows furrowed as he leaned slightly to the left so he could peer over R’nd’s shoulder and sort of at his face. The angle wasn’t ideal, and the darkness of the hour didn’t over help. “I’m sorry,” he said, the words whispering on an exhale. Trembling slightly, B’jin pressed his face to the crook of R’nd’s neck, breathing in the familiar scent of his mate. The greenrider rarely said the word ‘sorry’ – not because he didn’t feel it, but because it brought such terrible memories and emotions with it. Being beaten down until he sobbed the word on repeat, begging for it to all stop. Not a fun place to be taken by a single word. B’jin pressed a shaky kiss to the back of R’nd’s neck.

B’jin shifted slightly, uncomfortable, and not sure if he wanted to be more hidden from his mate, or to face him. He fiddled with the tie on R’nd’s pants; not in a sexual way, but in a completely oblivious and antsy manner that belied his mind going overtime. Taking a deep breath, B’jin breathed it out very slowly. “I love you, R’nd,” B’jin said softly, voice still barely above a whisper. “I… I know I fuck up, and I’m… insecure.” He paused, shifting uncomfortably and pressing his nose to R’nd’s neck, breathing him in again, grounding himself to that moment. “You’re so… different… from him, and I…” B’jin took another breath in, held it, and then slowly released it. “Even though its been…” B’jin paused and opted not to point out that he and R’nd had ben together for ten years, “a while.” He settled on. “things happen and I… expect it to be like it was, instead of like it is. With you. And I treat you badly. I’m sorry.”

That time, the word came easier to him, and B’jin shifted suddenly, pulling away, but only so he could scuttle around on his knees to stare at R’nd intently. “Rin, you are safe. You don’t… react… like he did… when I do… things.” A pause. “And I think that makes it… worse? In that moment? Because I get lost in what was my normal… and forget what is my normal now? I don’t want you to be like him. Not ever.” A pause, eyebrows furrowed together. “B-but maybe next time, you can tell me I’m being stupid… instead of, um, D’hys?” B’jin gnawed on his bottom lip for a moment, anxious and concerned. His time with D’hys had been the foundation for a lot of self-reflection, which had been set to motion when he’d overheard a couple of comments at the dinner. Not even all – if any – of them had been directly related to either B’jin or R’nd. But they’d resonated with the greenrider in a way that had made him anxious, uptight, withdrawn and ultimately ashamed.

“I don’t know why you love me,” B’jin whispered, curling in on himself and looking down at his hands, clasped together, fingers twined. “Or how you put up with me… but… please don’t stop?” Lifting his gaze, B’jin set pleading brown eyes on R’nd, trembling.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd sat patiently, enjoying the night and B’jin wrapped around him. He knew the man was insecure even before B’jin confessed to it so he had a feeling the greenrider wasn’t out there because he was cold and lonely in bed but because something was finally weighing enough on him that it had to come out. So he waited, not saying anything, not pushing for it to happen so they could get over it and move on. Honestly, he also wasn’t sure exactly what would come. For all he knew, B’jin was about to confess to something silly like drinking the last bottle of wine—though he usually did that anyway. And with the first apology he still didn’t know what was coming but knew it was bigger than wine with how B’jin was acting.

Yes, he was treated badly sometimes. B’jin believing gossip and just leaving without a word was the biggest example and it still hurt. Everyone R’nd ever loved left him eventually. It was why he never formed attachments before B’jin, why he couldn’t give someone the commitment they wanted despite how well they got along and how well he treated them. He’d rather give his love to everyone, spreading it thin enough that it wouldn’t hurt when someone stopped coming around. He knew how cold he came off every time he broke a relationship off after a few weeks or even months, but he simply couldn’t let it go any deeper, knowing he’d be hurt in the end.

B’jin had just been the latest person in his life to prove him right. Together for a decade, finally able to admit to themselves they were mates and… gone. Tossed aside without a care. It had cut him deep and deeper yet with every hour and day that passed without a word. R’nd didn’t know what he’d done but he knew he deserved it and eventually figured out it was his friendships and how close he was to people despite having never once slept with anyone outside of a Flight since hooking up with B’jin.

“I once told you I was sorry for not sleeping around more so I guess this time I’m going to say sorry for treating you like a human and not hitting you,” R’nd finally spoke, softly, almost with a smile on his lips as he recalled the first major misunderstanding they had. He really didn’t know what he kept doing wrong to scare B’jin away. He was just himself and did what he was taught to do. His mother had always instilled kindness and compassion into her children—R’nd figured he got Pendalier’s share of both—and he didn’t know how to be anything different. Even in exile when it was only R’jit and him, they treated each other with kindness and respect and it helped them keep their humanity instead of losing it to the wilds of the jungle.

“Why would I do that, B’jin?” R’nd asked genuinely, as if it had never crossed his mind to go find his mate and correct things. Truthfully, it really hadn’t. Why go and have a verbal confirmation of what the action said clearly? “Assuming I even know what’s going on with you, if you left again, I wouldn’t chase you. You have your reasons and I’m not going to change your mind. What if you only came back because I said to and you didn’t really want to? That’s no better than beating you and dragging you home.” Mylorah was probably the closest he had been to being proactive in such an odd situation. When he found out about her and that she didn’t want to be in his life, R’nd didn’t do anything until his mom died. Only then did he give a ring to T’ryn to pass along to his sister and tell her he’d be there when she was ready.

“I honestly don’t know why either,” R’nd gave another small smile to B’jin. He really didn’t. B’jin wasn’t the picture perfect dragonrider that young Orwind had painted B’jin to be. B’jin was also constantly drinking, he was flighty, and didn’t trust his mate enough to talk to him when something major came up. He finally initiated contact this time, taking one of B’jin’s hands in his and giving it a light squeeze as he added, “but I do love you. I just do.”

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B’jin flinched at R’nd’s words, cringing away from the bluerider as if he had hit him, but when he looked up at R’nd, B’jin’s eyes were sorrowful and his face was etched with shame. It wasn’t at his reaction, but rather that R’nd had thought something so terrible. The bluerider’s words made sense, and B’jin could even acknowledge that they did, but he didn’t have to like it. Not the bit about beating him, but about how it wouldn’t be any better to guilt him to come home than to drag him. A lifetime of being chased; as a desired Harper, and then as a desired greenrider, and then as a greenrider. Because he was a greenrider. B’jin expected it in a way he hadn’t even realised until that moment. He blinked at R’nd slowly, mind churning.

R’nd’s declaration had B’jin’s eyes softening, and he shifted – without breaking the gentle contact of holding hands – and shifted, pressing himself against R’nd’s side again, sitting so they were facing one another, the side of B’jin’s leg against R’nd’s. He wove their fingers together, still thinking over everything. “I’m going to try,” he said softly, looking up from their entwined fingers to frown at R’nd, searching his lover’s grey eyes. “I want to be better, than what they made me.” Sure, he’d always been spoiled and arrogant, but he hadn’t always been… everything else. Decades of N’mall and S’kef and however many of their cruel minions they’d let pick on him whenever they felt the need. He hadn’t even gotten relief during the plague, with N’mall bearing down on him, his brown bullying Larrikith. Was he too old to change so many decades of trained behaviour?

Reaching out with his empty hand, B’jin touched R’nd gently on the jawline, tracing along his jaw, brushing his fingers through some of R’nd’s delightfully if only slightly bed tossed hair. He gripped the side of R’nd’s face gently, brushing his thumb along the bluerider’s cheekbone. “Will you help me?” B’jin asked, slightly wary, before giving a wry grimace. “Not by, um, hurting me,” he added, nose scrunching up and shame coursing over his face again. The relief and agony that D’hys had brought him in his stint staying with that bluerider had been… euphoric. But only until he was kicked out the door. Once his brain had cleared of the fog and memories, and he’d staggered to the baths and cleaned himself up, B’jin had been overcome with such sickening shame. He hadn’t been able to hide the bruises from R’nd; he hadn’t tried, but nor had he flaunted them. They hadn’t spoken about it, but as much because B’jin couldn’t read the expression on his mate’s face as because he was drowning in his own horror and disgust. He let his hand lower gently back to his lap.

“When I was with N’mall,” he said softly, voice blank and emotionless, “I had to be… pre-emptive.” He shook his head slightly. “I had a slow learning curve,” he admitted, “I was very arrogant, and he was very effective at isolating me, even from Larrikith – he fed my hatred of her for ruining my life. Especially when it was he that did a lot of such.” He was staring at their hands as he spoke, the words tumbling free without stumbling. “I didn’t realise it then. Not for so long. Not until he hit Indamor when the children were staying with me. And N’mor just… took it.” He looked up at R’nd, heartbreak in his eyes, “like he’d seen me do.” B’jin pursed his lips, to keep them from trembling, and dropped his gaze back to their hands. “I didn’t care what he did to me, or anyone else. Fighting back was never a good move, but a child?” Nostrils flared, B’jin snorted in anger; it still made him seethe that anyone could pick on an innocent child.

That anger was what fuelled him kicking N’mall out, and kept him strong enough to tell Par’a what had happened. It was she, however, that kept him strong when the anger faded, and the fear came back. Fear of the punishment he’d get. Fear of being alone. Fear of being a failure as a mate. B’jin snorted and shook his head to himself. “Had a bit of a party after Par’a convinced me I was capable of being alone again,” he looked sideways at R’nd, lips twitching slightly. “Probably slept with most of Katila, though I still felt more comfortable being beaten up than not,” he flushed and looked down again. Taking a deep breath, B’jin looked back up again, seeking out R’nd’s gaze. “You were – are – the only one who really made me feel like more than a greenrider. Or a… a punching bag. Or a quick fix.” B’jin’s fingers woven with R’nd’s gave a gentle squeeze. “The only one who wanted to bring me pleasure not radiating with the pain.”

A silence fell as B’jin took a deep breath, and sighed it out softly. He yawned, a small one, and chewed on the inside of his cheek for a moment, considering how to continue. It was better when he didn’t take a break; the break to think and gather his thoughts was dangerous, and left him filled with insecurities and worries and confusion. Better to just babble on without a pause and hope R’nd could digest most of it. All of it. Hopefully. “Sometimes,” he said slowly, frowning to himself as he tried to find the right words. “That’s frightening. Sometimes,” he went on, glancing up to frown at R’nd, worried, “everything he beat into me finally gets the best of me, and it bubbles up,” he held his free fist against his heart, gesturing vaguely like there were a level there, lifting all the awfulness upwards.

“I hear something, or mishear something. I see something. And he’s there, an awful whisper more clear than even Larrikith’s voice. Saying ‘see? See?’ and gloating as all those things seem to become true and I break, Rin, I can’t do it. I need it to stop, it has to stop because the voice is right and I have to get away – I need to run. So I run. I run away because you’re not like him – you won’t chase me down. You won’t beat me and tell me how right that voice is and how terrible I am. How you can do so much better, how I can’t survive without you to keep me in line, how I need to be punished. Because I’m not worthy. I’m not. I’m a stupid, stupid little greenrider who—” B’jin was trembling as he visibly wrenched himself out of the memories and the onslaught of words, and he clung tighter to R’nd’s hand, grounding himself with an anxious glance at Larrikith – but the dragon slept on, and after a few moments and a lot of deep breaths, B’jin’s trembling decreased.

“Sorry,” B’jin breathed, looking anxiously up at R’nd. “I need you to help,” B’jin said seriously, firmly, marching on though his gaze was still as insecure and fearful as ever. “Not to be like them. Or even to chase me, if you don’t want to. But to help keep their damned shadows from fucking with us anymore.” B’jin scowled, “I can’t do it alone.” Clearly. He’d been fighting those demons alone for their entire relationship, and even though he hadn’t realised it until this last fuck up, that didn’t excuse him. That didn’t make up for his past idiocy; but if R’nd could help him. If R’nd could … “I don’t even know how,” B’jin admitted. He had no idea what R’nd could do, or how he could do it. All he knew was that he needed R’nd, because R’nd was all the glorious goodness he had been convinced he could never have. And had almost unwittingly followed through on; he hated that it had taken so long for him to put the puzzle together, but maybe – maybe – it wouldn’t be too late, and they could be everything B’jin didn’t realise he was preventing them from being.

“I want to be with you. I want to be worthy to be with you.” He paused, leaning forward and gently pressing a couple of fingers against R’nd’s heart. “I want to feel worthy of you, Rin.”

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd was used to B’jin talking but not really saying anything as the man enjoyed babbling about whatever came to mind. Now that he was, it was hard to keep up. He didn’t think he was really expected to interject with even a noise to show he was listening so he didn’t bother, letting B’jin get out everything he’d bottled up for far too long while also trying to listen to what was being said.

He had never liked N’mall and hearing more about the relationship instead of basing it off of rumours made R’nd hate the man to the very depths of his being. It was hard to make him hate someone but there were a few out there that had rightfully earned it by hurting someone close to him and learning exactly how horrible N’mall had been made R’nd see red. How dare that man not only hit B’jin but then go after N’mor? R’nd had started out uneasy around the child with his stare that went right through you, but he’d never wish harm on the boy and now viewed him as part of his hopefully no longer growing collection of children.

He pushed away thoughts of how to remove N’mall permanently as B’jin brought up his old party ways and R’nd managed a small smile of his own. He hadn’t needed a reason to binge on good times and slept his way through Katila simply because he loved people and the connection sex created between them. Was one reason better than the other? His was probably worse since he knew broken hearts trailed behind him so his own would be safe.

He treated everyone like a cherished person that should be loved and given pleasure and it still baffled R’nd that B’jin didn’t understand that that feeling was normal and that it frightened the greenrider. But he didn’t say anything, letting the man find his thoughts. It was better than rushing him or interrupting him. B’jin had a way of shutting down under the slightest bit of pressure so R’nd waited, stewing in sadness brought on by the life B’jin had endured because of horrible men.

And then B’jin was saying what he had been thinking just then and regularly since the last time B’jin left. How easy it was for B’jin to believe the worst no matter how hard R’nd tried to be the best person on Pern. How he was just never going to be what B’jin needed or wanted. By the time B’jin was close to hyperventilating, R’nd was wide-eyed and unsure of what to say or do but he returned the grip on his hand, trying to convey yet again that he was still there.

But was that really what was needed? B’jin said he needed help and couldn’t defeat the demons alone but R’nd wasn’t sure they could do it together either. Once, he would have pointed to the last ten years as proof of how much he himself had changed and how perfect the world was now that he and B’jin were together. They could conquer anything together. Now, he didn’t think that was true. It was all starting to feel very one-sided as he looked back on the memories. He really hadn’t been good enough for B’jin or what the man needed and perhaps he had been arrogant to think that he had been helping the man heal by showing him love and compassion instead of being abusive.

Maybe he should be the one to walk away this time. What proof was there that B’jin would actually try this time? That he was ready to actually change? R’nd had seen the bruises his lover sported when he came back from staying with D’hys and it made him worry that B’jin had relapsed and wanted the beatings again. Maybe he would be fine again for another ten years.

But he knew he wouldn’t do that. Like he had said, he loved B’jin for some reason and couldn’t leave the man alone. Couldn’t stand to see him suffer and would probably wait for him to come home again the next time something did scare the greenrider away.

He placed a hand over B’jin’s that lingered over his heart. “Of course I’ll help. We’ll figure it out together.” He almost promised that they would but R’nd wasn’t sure how to do it and he hated breaking his promises so he refrained from it and instead opened his arms for B’jin to come in for a hug if he wanted it.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)