World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] [EVENT] 740.12.14 | Can't Buy Trust
11am | Raigan

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
This is for the Santa event: Shopping.

R’dal liked popping in to the market at Fort Hold from time to time to see what new wares appeared though he didn’t always buy much. He loved chatting to the people, learning tidbits of the various crafts and doling out compliments—which weren’t hard to get out of him but his enthusiasm never wavered and he was genuine with each one. He usually spent the most money at Ista Hold, however, since that was where the major glass-craft Hall was and he could put in for any special orders for beads or a figurine he wanted to give as a gift.

Since he wasn’t in need of specially made glass items that day, R’dal was wandering Fort’s market, looking for nothing in particular, but definitely still chatting up everyone he met. He was currently at a jeweller, admiring the various pieces and wondering if one of his or F’drel’s sisters would like something. Spoiling his loved ones was one of his favourite things, ranking right up there with snuggles and naps, so he was encouraged to pick up a necklace with jade—except his hand collided with someone else’s.

“Oh, sorry!” R’dal pulled his hand away to allow the other man access to the piece they both seemed interested in. He gave a sheepish grin as he looked up and saw a man he was most definitely supposed to avoid at all costs and he gawked for several heartbeats. “Lord Raigan! Uhh… hi!” He didn’t know what to do! He could hear F’drel yelling at him to get away but that was so extremely rude and his default setting was to be kind to everyone. So he instead froze up and stared at the Lord, completely lost over what to do.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
Presents and turn's end. Not the most favorite of times for Raigan but he endured. Since the death of his favorite son, the lord had found the time tedious and not at all fun. But his wife's puckered face and the whines of his other children had sent the lord fleeing. His own hold's market had not been what he'd wanted, all of the items were boring and old so he'd hitched a ride to Fort with a dragonrider. Not the bronze that it should have been, but brown was good enough he supposed. His boredom was only exasperated when he actually made it to Fort. Perhaps he should have gone to Telgar instead.

He wandered, lost in thought when a face he thought looked familiar caught his eye and he stalked towards it. Back to him, Raigan wasn't sure if he was correct in his assumption and to cover any faux pas, reached for the same piece of jewelry the other man did. Hands collided and his hunt was proved fruitful when a delightfully familiar face turned towards him. He reached for the piece, a slow smile curving his harsh mouth and he picked up the jewelry. "Well bless the stars," he drawled, "R'dal! It's been a hot minute since the last time I saw you." And it had been a very diverting time. Interesting and informative. On the part of Raigan for sure. Before then, the lord would never have admitted to himself that attraction to men was even possible.

But what wasn't attractive about R'dal? Adorable in his innocence, dark eyes that were open and happy. There was much about the young bluerider that was simply delicious. Poor foolishly trusting boy. "How have you been," he asked as he stood straighter, item loosely clutched in a strong hand. "I've missed you all the times I've gone to Fort Weyr." He smiled brightly. "Were you hiding from me, R'dal?" he chastised playfully. He hadn't had the chance for conquest at the gather and now that he had the bluerider in his sights again, he couldn't say he wouldn't attempt to seal that deal again.

PA - First Post!

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

A part of him, the part that loved making friends, was thrilled the Lord remembered him. The smarter part that was trying to listen to F'drel and be better when it came to stranger danger was worried that Raigan remembered him. They hadn't spent that much time together at the Gather and it was months ago, surely he wasn't that important? Yet there Raigan was, recalling his name immediately upon seeing his face which left R'dal in that weird place between flattered and hesitant to engage further. But what if F'drel was wrong about this Lord? Surely not all of them were horrible people? He would just have to pay attention and find out one way or the other.

"No!" He blurted out, a bit loudly, when Raigan caught him off guard by asking if he was ignoring him. "I wouldn't ignore someone like that. I'm just not home much. I have a lot of friends and family in Ista Weyr so I'm usually out there but definitely not hiding from someone." Would Raigan have really sought him out? He wondered if he had and no one ever told him that a Lord had been looking for him. Maybe it was always said to R'nya, but then, wouldn't the Weyrleader want to know why someone important was looking for a bluerider?

"But we finally crossed paths again which means I can say sorry for having to leave so abruptly at the Gather," F'drel had dragged him away, mumbling about an important matter. R'dal didn't want to tell Raigan it was because of distrust of lords that had caused the greenrider to swoop in and let the excuse of being needed continue to be the truth. It kind of was, anyway, since R'dal had ended up helping F'drel search for his siblings to help ease his mind that everyone was okay.

"Anyway, I'm a Searchrider now! So that will be exciting when we actually get to go on a Search and maybe we'll see each other more that way. And how are you? Can I buy you a drink? My friend said they're selling hot chocolate again now that it's colder out." He smiled expectantly at Raigan after babbling a bit from nerves, hoping the Lord would say yes to having a drink with him. He knew he should be trying to leave but R'dal just couldn't be that rude, not when Raigan seemed so pleased to see him again. Besides, more talking meant a better chance at making sure he wasn't evil.

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Wonderful! Raigan was delighted that he'd put the young man so off guard. It would make it so much better when he worked to put him at ease. Raigan was confident enough, self-assured enough that the idea that R'dal would reject him never even crossed his mind. He was certain that the bluerider would fall to his charms. It didn't matter if it was immediately or later, the fun was in the chase for Raigan. It all likelihood, after the holder had his fill of R'dal he would be left on the wayside. But for now, Raigan would enjoy it while it lasted. "Peace," he chuckled softly as he lifted one hand to ward off the onslaught of rambles, "No harm done, my dear bluerider, friends are important. I just hope I become that important." Line cast out and then he would see.

Raigan laughed at R'dal's words. He'd known why his little friend had come to claim him, though the bluerider had been blissfully unaware of it. Had he been, Raigan was certain he would be running from the lord holder just now. "Some times things just come up," he answered with a smile on his lips and his fingers playing with the piece of jewelry in his hand. "But luck is generally on my side even if it pretends it's not," he continued, "And lucky for me I've found you again." He was going to enjoy this bluerider, the innocence, the sweetness. It called to parts of Raigan that were hungry. His sharp blue eyes widened with interest. Whether feigned or not, it didn't matter, just more bait for his line.

"A searchrider!" he exclaimed with delighted wonder, "Does this mean I will see you more often, R'dal, when you go searching? My hold is small but I'm sure worthy enough to have you stop by." Harsh mouth curled into a smile once more at the other man's invitation. Such a delight he would be. "Hot chocolate sounds marvelous," he said with that soft smile on his lips, "Let me give the good sir here some marks and you can lead me to it. I look forward to getting to know you better, R'dal."

PA - First Post!

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

Again, R'dal was delighted that not only was Raigan not angry over what had happened before, he agreed to get hot chocolate with him! "Great! It's really good and just makes you feel so cozy!" He wrapped his arms around himself like he was hugging a blanket that he was safe and snug in. He really did enjoy the treat and sharing it with friends was even better. Wait, he had to stop thinking of Raigan as a friend before he knew for certain that the Lord was a good guy. He had to try to be smart about this for F'drel. He didn't want his friend to think he hadn't listened or didn't take his fears seriously.

"I'm not sure if I would be allowed to Search in your Hold. You're kind more in the territory that Telgar looks after right now, right?" R'dal tapped a finger on his chin as he thought about what he knew about the Holds and the way the regions were divided between the Weyrs as they walked to the drink vendor. "But I'm sure you could request it. The Candidates still bounce between Weyrs anyway to help make sure all baby dragons Impress." It was probably tough on the Candidates but he knew he'd put up with the constant relocating if it meant a chance at a dragon of his own.

"Oh, here we are! Two, please!" R'dal grinned as he ordered, holding up two fingers in the process. He dug out the marks and traded them for the sweet treats a moment later, handing one over to Raigan. The first sip was always the best and R'dal closed his eyes as he savoured it, humming with pleasure as it warmed its way down to his belly.

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

A delight. R'dal was simply a delight and Raigan watched him with hooded eyes. How to get him to the place Raigan needed him? The holder knew this would be a long game, something to earn the bluerider's trust and friendship before he slipped inside the walls. Raigan hummed lightly as he followed behind.

"I'm sure there could be exceptions made," Raigan told R'dal as he studied the adorable way the bluerider tapped a finger against his chin. Raigan wasn't quite sure how weyrs worked in search, stories only helped so much and he hadn't had a rider come to his meagar holdings yet to search for the sands at Telgar. He wasn't sure now if he even wanted another searchrider beside this one standing in front of him. He doubted that it was something done, and he knew his wife would scowl at him in disappointment but Raigan didn't care.

"That's reassuring," he said with a bright smile, "Because I think I would like to request for you to personally search my hold." A beginning, he thought as he reached for the hot chocolate R'dal gave him with excitement written all over the other man's face. Truly a delight. He sipped the liquid and was pleased to find it was delicious. Sometimes the drink was a hit and miss for Raigan but this one was wonderfully rich and tastey. "It's delicious," he admitted with eyes that crinkled with his chuckle at R'dal's hum, "I worried it would be a little bitter but it's wonderful."

Elegant fingers tapped the side of his glass as R'dal enjoyed his hot chocolate. "R'dal," he started with a quick furrow of his brows, "Do you think it would be too forward to ask you to dinner?" Dinner, wine and then dessert. Perfection.

PA - First Post!

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R'dal didn't think chocolate could ever be bad. It had been a rare treat in Katila when one of the supply riders was able to bring some back and he'd always been so excited when a treat was made with it. Since coming North, R'dal partook whenever he could and enjoyed it every time--except when Mylorah mixed up salt for sugar.

He was about to tell Raigan about that incident when the lord's brows furrowed as he asked a question. R'dal mimicked the expression as he thought about the consequences of having a meal with Raigan. He had been nothing but kind and understanding so far so it would be rude to turn him down. But F'drel had stressed how lords could be one way in public and a very different way when in private and R'dal wasn't about to forget what happened to his friend when alone with a lord.

"It's not too forward at all! But," R'dal nibbled on his lower lip as he tried to come up with a way to make Raigan and F'drel happy at the same time. He didn't think it was really possible but he wanted to get as close to it as possible and to show F'drel he was really trying to be more careful and not blindly trust everyone like he used to. "I don't want to take up all of your time or intrude on plans you might have."

Even as he said that, R'dal felt bad. He believed it the first time they met and still did now, but Raigan seemed lonely. Did lords have real friends? Even his dad seemed to have less free time and friends since he became Weyrleader. Then again, a lot of M'ris' friends back in Katila seemed more like drinking buddies and his dad had stopped drinking some time ago. Still, being in charge seemed like a lonely job and R'dal frowned. He was genuinely conflicted.

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)