World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] [EVENT] 740.12.13 | Accidental Date
2pm | N'vian

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
For the Secret Santa event: accidental date.

Katiryn was still beside herself in disbelief despite the letter coming hours earlier. N’vian wanted to come and see her? To discuss something? No, not just something, a proposition. She squealed to herself again as she shimmied into her prettiest dress. What did that even mean? What kind of proposition did he have for her? More importantly, he knew she existed?

Maybe Casa put in a good word about her to R’vi and R’vi passed it on to his brother? Or maybe it came directly from Casa? It was hard to keep up with all of her amazing connections, especially now that she was being primed to be a Weyrwoman. Katiryn didn’t care how it happened, only that it was and a gorgeous older bronzerider requested her company for what sounded like a date that could lead to more.

The letter came via a young and confused Telgar greenrider that stumbled over his words but she caught enough to hear that the letter was for her and came from N’vian. She couldn’t recall what else happened after that, too shocked and confused herself to process if she sent the nice man away politely or just gawked at the letter for an eternity before finally reading it.

She’d only been given a few hours’ notice but she’d made it work. Hair was done up and taken down three times before settling on a modest ponytail—that he could take down if he liked her hair loose—and found the perfect dress after trying on almost everything she owned. Now she was applying her favourite shade of lip stain, examining herself in the mirror her daddy had given her for her birthday two years ago. Good enough. She thought she looked damned cute but not knowing what kind of date she was in for had made it hard to plan the perfect outfit. But Katiryn was happy with the overall look and felt N’vian would be as well.

What if she was supposed to host him! He was coming to her, after all. Maybe he would swoop in and take her off to some lovely place but maybe they would just spend some time alone… in her daddy’s weyr. Because that was where the messenger had arrived. Thankfully she had been visiting with Ghaeth at the time or she’d never have known about the date. She wouldn’t have blamed the sexy bronzerider, though. It was easier to send a message to a brownrider’s weyr than to hunt down his Candidate daughter who might be in the barracks or possibly living with someone else.

Considering K’tir was actually busy doing brownrider and-or besties with the Weyrleader things, Katiryn figured she could borrow his place for the date. She knew there would be wine there already but snacks would be required. A quick trip to the kitchens solved that where she managed to swipe a plate of fruit before zipping back to her dad’s.

Ghaeth had thankfully wandered off. She’d hate to have to tell the sweet boy to leave or pretend he didn’t see his rider’s baby girl flirting with a bronzerider. That crisis adverted, she dug around to find two glasses and a bottle of wine, setting them and the fruit on the table by the couch. Was the couch too forward? Nah. It could be intimate or friendly depending on the space. It would show she was interested in the proposition but not too eager for it either. It was perfect.

Her heart skipped a beat as she heard a dragon land on the ledge and Katiryn jumped back to her feet, smiling, as she waited for N’vian.

PA - First Post!

N'vian
of Bronze Skorzanth

Date of Birth
Height
5'9"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim and fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
You remembered to send the message to K'tir? the bronze asked him for the thirtieth time since they headed out Ista. You would think I've never sent a message before, N'vian replied to the bronze drily. Well, ya never know with you, Skor retorted as he burst from between. N'vian blew out his breath as the bronze bugled to the watch dragon on Ista's heights, announcing their presence with as much fanfare as the bronze was likely to use and N'vian rolled his eyes. Head over to K'tir's weyr, he should be waiting, N'vian directed the bronze and earned himself a disgruntled shake as Skor headed towards the weyr in question.

Skorzanth back winged as he settled on the ledge and glanced around, I wonder where Ghaeth is? he asked in confusion. The bronze had fully expected the brown to be there to keep him company while he waited for N'vian to conclude his business with K'tir. How obnoxious that he'd forgotten Skorzanth and N'vian were coming to visit.

"Dunno," the man answered knowing full well Skorzanth hadn't expected one, "Maybe he didn't want to listen to you drone on and on about yourself." Skorzanth huffed out a breath and N'vian slid down, removing his goggles and flight hat. He dragged a hand through his short hair and tied his hat along with the goggles to his riding straps.

"I'll be back," he told the bronze as he moved towards K'tir's weyr. He knocked before entering and he didn't wait for an answer before he was shoving his way into K'tir's weyr. "K'tir......" N'vian's called out greeting trailed off as he took in the scene before him. What in the actual fuck was going on? That was not K'tir and what the hell were the glasses for? He did have to admit, as a slow smile grew on his lips, that the sight was rather delightful. "And you are not K'tir," he drawled, "Far too pretty to be a crusty ol' brownrider but I'm a bit confused as to why you are here."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Katiryn brightened when she saw N’vian and bit her lip to keep from smiling too much at being called pretty. But she needn’t worry as the bronzerider kept talking and his confusion led to her own. “Your letter… it said you wanted to get together… for…” she didn’t even want to say it and sat back down on the couch, frowning at her hands folded neatly in her lap. She knew she hadn’t read it wrong! She’d read it several times before even believing the words so there was no way she misunderstood the intent of getting together later that day.

Unless…

The letter wasn’t meant for her at all. “The letter was for K’tir, not Katiryn,” she said blandly, the truth all coming together. Shards, she was so stupid! And now the gorgeous, older bronzerider knew that as well. “You wanted daddy, not me.” She poured a glass of wine, studied it for the briefest of moments, and then tossed the entire contents back. Mylorah got her dream bronzerider and now she was playing with a Lord. Some girls had all the luck and Katiryn realised she wasn’t one of them.

“Well!” She tried to cheer up but it was hard, knowing she’d made a fool of herself but she wanted to be a good hostess if nothing else, “please sit and help yourself to wine or fruit and I’ll go find daddy for you.” She stood and gestured to the couch that N’vian could sprawl on, without her atop him, now.

PA - First Post!

N'vian
of Bronze Skorzanth

Date of Birth
Height
5'9"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim and fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Ahh.. N'vian realized what had happened nearly as soon as she started stuttering and sat back against the couch. Poor chit thought he'd wanted to see her and for a moment he simply wanted to wipe the frown that marred her features from her face. "It was, yes," he confirmed her suspicions, "We've been corresponding for a bit and I figured it was time we got together face to face to discuss the issue at hand." He watched her with intent blue eyes as she poured herself a glass of wine and those same blue eyes widened as she tossed the contents back without much thought. He chuckled quietly, she was definitely dragonriding material if she didn't have compunction about alcohol. And definitely Katila bred.

He moved forward and raised a hand. "Hey now," he started with her false cheer echoing in the weyr and moved to sit on the couch that was offered, "You went to all this trouble and the place looks great. I could use a glass of wine." He shifted as he got comfortable, reaching for the wine to pour himself a glass and watched the flustered girl. She was cute and definitely much prettier than her father. Slender and dark-haired, N'vian hummed in appreciation of her looks. It had been a while since he'd enjoyed the company of a pretty woman. "You don't need to go running for K'tir. I've got Skorzanth for that," he said as he patted the couch next to him, "Sit down, pour some wine and tell me about you."

N'vian didn't know where any of this would go, but he hated seeing a woman having a hard time. Especially if he was the cause of such hard time. He didn't mind taking a few minutes out of his time to make her happy and put a smile on her face. He sipped his glass as he watched Katiryn over the edge of his glass. She'd been confidently expecting something when she got all this together and N'vian wondered if it was all for show. Maybe he'd take the time to find out. "Sit," he insisted, "I don't bite... Much anyway."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Katiryn was still on the verge of leaving thanks to her embarrassment and now she had N'vian trying to cheer her up and she knew he was just being nice because he felt sorry for. That wasn't helping her urge to flee but his comment about not biting much managed to get a small smile out of her and she found herself sitting back down. If he was willing to chat with her for a bit, then she was willing to oblige and refilled her glass with the intention of taking it slower on that one.

Since it was fairly obvious no one had told N'vian about her and her interest in a hook up or two, she wasn't quite sure what to tell him. She shrugged and then gave a light laugh finally glancing up from her glass to N'vian. "Well, my dear bronzerider, I think the basics are probably best to start with in this case. I'm Katiryn, but I get called Kat a lot, which helps on misunderstandings, just in case there are any future letters." She smiled a bit more, teasing her idiocy and lightly flirting. Just because he hadn't planned on seeing her didn't mean she couldn't take advantage of it and try to grab his interest.

"Let's see... I'm eighteen," just in case he thought she was younger and that would deter his hands later on, "I like needlepoint but I'm still fairly new at it though I'm pretty good with my hands in general, and anything chocolate will completely win me over." Okay, she was finding her groove again and even though she knew he was being nice and staying with her, Katiryn couldn't help but flirt and show N'vian he made the right choice in getting her to stay. Despite what Casa liked to tease her with about K'tir (gross!) she was a lot more fun than her dad.

PA - First Post!

N'vian
of Bronze Skorzanth

Date of Birth
Height
5'9"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim and fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

N'vian listened to what she was saying with half an ear as his eyes roved over her. She was sleek and slender, dark-haired and quite lovely to look at. She was all the things that hit all his buttons. The only thing about her that had him thinking twice was how much younger she was than him and that K'tir was her father. He highly doubted the brownrider would feel top-notch about N'vian defiling his daughter. If it was N'vian he'd probably break someone's nose. "I can see where the confusion could happen," he agreed with an eye crinkling smile. "Do you mind if I call you Kat?" he asked her with a twinkle in his eye, "Maybe Kitten instead?"

He sipped at his wine as she continued her speech. She was adorable, he'd give her that and a hand reached out to twine a bit of her hair around his finger before dropping it again. He shifted a little closer to her, propping an ankle on his knee and turned just slightly to face her a little more. What harm was a little flirting? Give her something to giggle about with her little friends. A bronzerider flirting with a girl had to be one of the highlights of her life, especially one like N'vian.

"A little chocolate to win you over, you say?" he chuckled, "Just chocolate? Nothing else?" Every second she talked, N'vian was a little more delighted with her. "I like a girl that's good with her hands," he told her with a lazy wink and raise of his brow. Would she understand the innuendo or was it wasted on her?

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

She’d never had someone call her Kitten before, mostly because she’d grown up with Beckitt and he sometimes got that nickname. But she liked it coming from N’vian and she smiled prettily at the thought of him having his own special name for her. “I would love for you to call me Kitten.” She knew he was playing her, still being kind in giving their little date a go, and he probably didn’t have much interest in her outside of a way to kill time if he decided to wait for K’tir but Katiryn was also easily swayed by pretty words and she was ready to delude herself into thinking she had a shot again.

“No, there are a few other key things,” like giving her a cute pet name or slowly creeping closer while flirting. She noticed the space between them dwindling but she didn’t draw attention to it. She was still on the fence about what it might mean though she hoped it was a genuine thing. “But chocolate is a good place to start if you want my attention or forgiveness.” Did she want N’vian to send her chocolate with a real letter addressed to her issuing an apology for the confusion and asking her out on a real date? Yes, in her fantasy world. But reality didn’t see that happening unless she worked a bit harder for it. But she wasn’t sure if just jumping him would work or playing up the cutesy innocent girl that had her silly bubble popped.

She knew from stories she’d heard since growing up that N’vian and R’vi were masters of flirting and innuendo so she had no doubt that he would pick up on her comment. But that didn’t mean she was sure he’d acknowledge it or play with it. When he did, she smirked behind her glass before taking a sip, figuring she’d ride the line some more of flirty whore and innocent youth. “I knew you would. I’ve had men and women tell me how much they enjoy my varying talents. I could be persuaded to show you sometime if you ask nicely.” Okay, more flirty whore than not. Whoops.

PA - First Post!

N'vian
of Bronze Skorzanth

Date of Birth
Height
5'9"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim and fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Kitten suits you," he murmured with the lock of hair in his fingers. The urge to give it a tug squelched before dropping it to her shoulder. "Then I shall endeavor to find you some chocolate," N'vian told her with a smirk as he sipped his wine. Did he want to keep her attention? He wasn't quite sure the headache of K'tir would be worth it, but N'vian didn't mind giving the girl a thrill at the moment. What harm could it do really? Unless she got a bit clingy over nothing, that would be the only trouble but N'vian shrugged the thought off as his eyes twinkled at her.

Kitten definitely suited her. He could see the claws beneath her innocence and N'vian was suddenly intrigued by her. She wasn't scared off from the innuendo in his words, sent scurrying away like a lamb with her tail on fire, instead she gave it back two-fold. "Men and women have enjoyed your talents," he gave a mock gasp and shifted slightly to turn more fully to her, "They must be some very talented hands." Her smirk was adorable, her flirting was adorable and N'vian grinned at her around the edge of his glass.

Wine was always a pleasant drink, warmth and fruit and hints of smoke. Tossing the rest of his contents back, N'vian reached for the skin to refil his glass. He lifted it to tops hers off, blue eyes never leaving her face. "And how," he began softly, "Would my Kitten persuade me to ask nicely?"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
28.09.722, 22
Height
5'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

She was starting to feel like she was in over her head. Sure, she could flirt and thought she was damn good at it, but this was N'vian. The Vian twins were known flirting like it was breathing to them. They were Lords and she was definitely feeling like a drudge right then as she floundered and bit her lower lip in thought.

Did she concede? Back down and admit that she knew he was just humouring her while they waited for her dad to come home? Katiryn liked the attention all the same and was flattered that N'vian gave her a unique nickname--that he'd probably forget by the time he returned to Telgar.

Did she throw caution to the wind and just kiss him? Flirtatious foreplay was fun for only so long after all.

Or could she come up with something quick enough to keep the exchange going and show N'vian that she was worth keeping his attention on a bit longer?

She sipped at her wine that was so generously refilled as two retorts finally came to her. She could point out that she wasn't the one that needed to do the persuading just so he could persuade her to do something else, but she opted for, "and give away all of my secrets for the second date?"

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)