World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 740.12.13 | Something Fancy Strutting By
7am | Open

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
There was something to be said for hoarding one's marks just to please one's dragon with pretties made to fit both fighting and the custom silvery-green wherhide straps she'd commissioned months ago. They were both well-pleased with the result. Polished green gems gleamed as she hooked them in place. The soft sound of delicate bells was actually quite lovely. She'd been afraid they'd sound would be too harsh.

With the gems secured, she called out to her tall, but very much dainty green

Oh, love, you'll look stunning in this. It was more than true, even if Tizalth looked as if she'd been carved from emerald herself. The pale green against her darker hide had been an excellent choice.

I look stunning every day but I will come and you will put it on me. We can fly and show it off. The pause after the last word and her nails clicking against the stone landing ledge ended with a soft whuff of curiosity. Well. I await. Her head appeared through the curtain of beads, which chimed in their own right.

You were right in picking the colour. It is light enough but still green enough to befit me. Yes, let us put it on. She warbled with excitement and it made Kestra giggle.

"Well, my girl, I can't just throw it on you, back up some and let me out." It had become second nature to be quick to get her lifemate all geared up in the shortest time possible. Once she had it all finished, she stepped back to admire the effect. It even came with a delicate browband and sturdy straps. In all honesty, it could even be prettily done fighting straps with minor adjustments.

"Right, drop me down by the kitchens and I'll get breakfast while you wow the boys." With a spring-step, she launched herself onto her dragon's back, securing the straps neatly. The launch was still thrilling as they soared high before spiralling down, Tizalth inviting everyone to take a look at her new straps.

Easing into the dining room, she scanned the tables and raised a hand in greeting.

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Since Impressing, A’tay was used to waking early. For the most part, Xyxyth had been a good weyrlings, but the early months had seen them all keeping odd hours and napping regularly thanks to excited dragons waking whenever they wanted and needing attention. He didn’t really mind rising early since it meant getting to breakfast before it got too crowded most days and left a lot of daylight for him to use in whatever way tickled his fancy that day. Now that he was a fully graduated dragonrider that usually meant working on his wood-working since lessons were over and Xyxyth’s shiny hide usually kept them from having to ferry people every which way.

He was only a few bites into his morning meal when he glanced up at someone entering the hall. He hadn’t been expecting anyone, but A’tay sometimes liked to people-watch and movement in the brightly lit doorway always caught his eye. He smiled when he saw Kestra and waved back at her greeting and then gestured for her to join him.

When she finally made her way over, A’tay smiled again, taking in the sight of her. They had been friends all their lives, something that wasn’t too surprising given they were both born in Katila and close in age. But Impressing together had really helped in bringing them closer and A’tay found himself always enjoying her company and smiling around her. Add in the fact that she was absolutely stunning and he was close to admitting that maybe he did have a bit of a crush on her.

That wasn’t a bad thing since the girl he had liked for years didn’t seem to like him on the same level. It broke his heart regularly but A’tay would never do anything to hurt or upset Madiquel and never pursued the issue, especially when she never said anything about the thimble he gave her at a Gather. It really was time to get over her and move on, something he felt like he was sort of doing with Kestra. He’d even been bold enough to hold her hand sometimes when they sat together chatting. It wasn’t much and he knew some people would roll their eyes at the childish gesture but A’tay was proud of himself for even managing that and entertaining the idea that there could be something more with him and Kestra someday.

“Morning, Kessie! Want one of my cinnamon buns? I grabbed two just in case.” They were popular treats that weren’t made daily so they always went fast. He’d taken two to either save one for later or to share with a friend that came too late to get one themselves.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

"A'tay," she sang out, her bright eyes fairly twinkling as she snagged a mug of klah, added a splash of cream and a bit of sweetener before taking her seat across from him. "Ah, clever man. You beat the rush." Once she set her mug down she fairly clapped with delight over the sweet treat, her head tilted slightly.

"I would adore one of those. You're an absolute treasure for snagging two." As usual, really. She'd always enjoyed spending time with A'tay and Tizalth had no problems with his bronze, Xyxyth.

Of course he is. He shines well in the sun, Tizalth rumbled, shuffling her emerald wings as she basked in the sun. Her new flight harness caught the light excellently, making the gems glow. Xyxyth's cuddles are very nice. I would not mind more.

Her dragon's tone was a bit wistful and made Kestra grin and half cover a laugh.

I'm sure if you ask, love, he'll gladly come for cuddles in the sun, she murmured back to her dragon. Tizalth was such a loving creature, she'd cuddle with anyone fancying one but she seemed quite enamoured with A'tay's Xyxyth of late. Not that she hadn't been snuggling him since they were small things.

She felt her dragon reach out and shook her head lightly in amusement.

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

“I wouldn’t go that far,” A’tay mumbled, cheeks flush with embarrassment. “If a friend didn’t join me, I would have devoured them both.” He had to confess the truth even though he could have led Kestra to believe he had saved it solely for her. But he just wasn’t that kind of guy and didn’t even want to mislead someone over a cinnamon bun.

Xyxyth was still snoozing on the ledge as he enjoyed the slow start to the day with the sun starting to warm the day up when Tizalth’s gentle greeting came. He wasn’t one to turn a friend away and knew she also liked lounging in the sun so it was the perfect combination for his current lazy mood. He headed down to where the green was, greeting her with a soft croon and instantly noticing her new gear. You look very lovely today. Extra sparkly in the sun, he complimented while settling in beside her.

“Do you have any plans for the day?” A’tay asked, feeling Xyxyth stir but leaving him to his own devices. He knew how social his dragon could be and let him meander where he wanted, catching up with his friends. “I might go visit my family in Telgar Weyr today but that’s about it for me.”

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

"Honestly?" Kestra murmured, giving him a little wink, "I might eat the both of them, too, if I wasn't with someone who could benefit. Especially if they're still warm. But it's a lovely morning gift as it is. I am pleased to have been that friend."

She really was. It was still thoughtful. He could have said nothing but he wasn't that type of person. He was A'tay and she enjoyed what time she had with him.

Thank you, Xyxyth. You yourself look quite handsome this morning. She preened at his attention. They are soft, these new shiny straps. I am much in favour of them.

"Visiting family is always lovely," she said, smiling. It faded a moment later to a soft, "Oh, hm." She scrunched her nose, thinking. "Nothing much for us. We might pop by the sea. Tizalth expressed some interest in playing with some sea creatures. Perhaps chasing fish. It isn't much but making an afternoon of it sounds lovely. I was hoping to see some wild firelizards. You're welcome to come once you're done visiting. I'm sure Tizalth will be thrilled for the company."

As would Kestra, naturally.

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

He'd argue that sometimes visiting family wasn't always lovely, but even the crazy times with his dad's side ended up fun. Drama seemed to crop up a lot but they seemed to be experts at handling it now and it didn't keep them down long or ruin the mood of the gathering. His mom's side was a lot calmer in comparison since it was only the two of them and his sister Wynera. He wondered, not for the first time, if he could get R'nd to invite his mom along to his family dinners since both of her kids were with the bluerider. He'd eventually find the courage to ask. Maybe he'd have to ask B'jin as R'nd's mate if he was fine with that.

"That could be fun!" A'tay hadn't heard about wild firelizards making their way North again but it wasn't like he had been looking. And if they were on the shore near the Weyr, that would make more sense given how they would see the dragons as large protectors that they were used to from the South. Not to mention any that hatched in the Weyr and didn't Impress but ran off to live in the wild.

Of course he wasn't too sure about the swimming portion of the invitation. He still couldn't swim and still didn't have a desire to learn. The deep water scared him far too much to risk going in again but as he watched Kestra enjoy her breakfast, A'tay figured he could risk sitting in the shallows for her like he did with some of his other friends. "If it looks like my visits are going to run late, I'll send Shadow to let you know. But I'll try to be there!"

Kestra
of Green Tizalth

Date of Birth
27.01.725 AL , 19
Height
5'5"
Eyes
Hazel - Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Brown

Threads

Kestra ate her sweet daintily, savouring it in little bits, her chin tilted thoughtfully. She didn't know for sure if they were out there, the firelizards, but she wanted to believe they were. Didn't everyone? They were thrilling things as pets but wild ones? Ah. That would be a sight.

"I figure I'll dip my toes in the water a bit. Tizalth does enjoy a good chase in the water. She says it's like flying only with a bit of a wriggling and lots of tail." Oh, that sounded weirdly crass aloud. There was a hot moment where her face simultaneously coloured and she nearly snorted her klah up her nose with a giggle.

"Yes," she half coughed. "Please do send Shadow if you do run late. I'll be looking forward to seeing you at any rate. Perhaps there might even be fish left after Tizalth scares them all."

I resent that, the green said, sulking a little. I will not frighten all of them. It is a large body of water and the fishes are many.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)