World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] [EVENT] Secret Santa 2.0

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
I thought about doing another Secret Santa event for the holidays this year but then decided, why not spice it up a bit?

So instead of just randomly matching characters together, I'll randomly toss in an object or an idea for the pair to thread about. For example, M'ris, F'drel, and shopping. Or L'gan, Rhaedalyn, and baby-sitting. Or R'dal and Sariel get lost in the woods (let's hope not! How did they even end up there? Where's Edath?)

Whether you have someone you want to sign up or not, please toss me some ideas to add to the list to help keep things spicy and not leave me floundering and you ending up with a really lame idea.

Like last year, I'll leave everything up to random.org but I will intervene when a player gets their own characters paired up together.

And if anyone wants to be in a thread with three people instead of just two, put that down as well and if there are enough interested, I'll toss up some trios as well.

Also feel free to say you wouldn't mind your character having more than one pair up. Given how many characters I have alone, that will likely be doable and help lower the odds of your own characters matching up. (Looking at you, Candidates! A fun way to get them active or meet new people.)

Sign up by December 6th and I'll randomize it all that night at work or early Saturday morning so everyone has plenty of time to plot and play.

PA - 250 Posts!!PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
She | Her | Hers
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
I'd prefer 1 on 1, but my availables are:

B'jin, Casa, Eb'zer, Indivara, Madiquel, N'mor, Phinarion, R'nya, T'bia, and Xyliah

I'd prefer to only play with the first six that show up in Random.org, as I'll be overwhelmed with all ten xD

Ideas
- Stolen Kisses (could be stolen from the RP partner, or stolen from someone not in the thread and now they're hiding etc)
- Chore Failure (dun fucked up dat chore)
- Something Borrowed, damaged (oops. You dun fucked that up too!)
- Gardening
- Turnday Plans
- Romantic / Platonic Sunset Viewing
- Catch That Cow (It escaped! Plus points if no dragonriders are involved xD)
- Shopping Trip
- Hangovers Suck
- Avoiding Trouble
- Hunting for Information

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!WeyrlingCandidateBluerider - FemaleGreenriderBlueriderBronzerider

Pronouns
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
tentative sign up, whoo!

characters to throw in the pot:
- F'drel
- Vaera
- Sh'ran
- Tala
- Nerreh
- Tazikel
- M'dox

any of them can get multiple threads or threads with more than one person

Ideas:
- Lost Item
- Being Sick
- Something Happened To My Clothes, Can I Borrow Yours?
- Insomnia (It's 3 AM and Neither of Us Can Sleep)
- Awkward Flirting (between the characters, one character complaining about someone flirting with them, practice flirting on each other cause they're dumb teens, etc)
- Sharing A Bath
- Subterfuge (however people want to interpret that)

Trio Idea: person A walks in on B and C doing something and misreads the situation

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
*chucks Cazan into the mix**also chucks Je'ler in just in case*

Multiple threads is fine, multiple peeps is fine too.

Ideas:
- Officer I've had a doozy of a day... shenanigans have happened and it's far too late to properly explain now
- would you believe that I got lost and ended up here on accident? Someone ends up somewhere they shouldn't be either on purpose or accident
- an accidental date (what do you mean you weren't really flirting?) Miscommunication is a hell of a drug.
- how much booze was in that punch?

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Signing up!

Characters for pairing:
- L'gan
- B'kit
- Helyna

I'm open to multiple threads and / or more than one person in the pairing (trios!)

Ideas:
- I don't think it's supposed to look like that / do it yourself if you're such an expert
- teach me to... (cook / sew / insert skill here)
- 5 at heart (be silly and don't act your age)

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
she|her
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Signing up...Sariel. Greenrider Kestra, too!

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
She | her
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Leeeeet's do

Dandioar
Ameris
A'dis
Raigan
N'vian

Not all of them have to be thrown in though, I'd be chill with one or two with Dandi being the #1 preference

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Here are the results! I didn't end up doubling anyone up or giving out groups of 3s to keep it simple. Since Zan and I each had a double up, I swapped out a character around to spread the love.

To keep it nice and honest, I screen capped the results with only the above mentioned edit on it. Just find your character(s) and match their number to the other team's same number and then find that number in the list of suggestions. (If you're 14, then find the other person who is 14 and your the 14th suggestion)

[Image: me9SUMj.jpg]

[Image: 0o8NHKj.jpg]

PA - 250 Posts!!PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)