World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 740.07.05 | Graduation Anticipation
3pm | A’tay

Eb'zer
of Green Zellekath

Date of Birth
09.09.718, 26
Height
5'11
Eyes
Green/Hazel
Build
Delicate; slim
Hair
Dark walnut brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Eb’zer gave a cheer, laughing joyfully as Zellekath trilled, swooping left and right through the air. They had been flying together for a while now - they were almost free of their Weyrlinghood - but Eb’zer was sure he would never be used to the sensation of freedom, the wind and the sun and the beautiful, wonderful love he felt from the young green dragon carrying him so securely through the sky.

Throwing up his arms with another whoop, Eb’zer and Zellekath spun in the air, the straps holding the young man securely to his dragon, and they turned towards the coastline, gliding joyfully low over the water. Several ship fish took to leaping below them, and Eb’zer peered over the side to watch them, leaning down and reaching out as if he could touch the strange, grey creatures.

Eb’zer gave a laughing yelp when Zellekath spun around, so she was upside down, and he reached with both hands to touch the shipfish, almost, almost, before Zellekath righted herself and they glided in, the sands of the beach flying around in little whirlwinds as Zellekath landed with a flutter of her graceful green wings.

His dragon’s sudden trill as he was unstrapping himself to slide off, had Eb’zer looking up in curiousity; not far away, he spotted A’tay and his bronze, and Eb’zer waved to his younger classmate. The boy was quiet, intelligent, and disinclined to ask stupid questions. Eb’zer liked him, and his dragon, who seemed to like well enough Zellekath and her constant singing.

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Everyone always told him how important dragons were and that they were to always be treated with respect. Growing up around them, it was easy to agree with and follow those lessons. It was a bit harder to understand the connection between dragon and rider before Impressing but since that wonderous night, A'tay fully realised how true it was that he would do practically anything for Xyxyth and his happiness and well-being was almost more important than his own.

Except when it came to swimming. Xyxyth was on his own for that. No matter how much the bronze begged him to join him and promised he would be safe, A'tay never went in deeper than his knees. The ocean was large and scary and thanks to bullies when he was little dunking him under the water, swimming didn't seem that appealing. Still, he couldn't take away the pleasure Xyxyth got from the activity and A'tay always agreed instantly to go to the beach.

He had been sitting in the sand just above the line of where the water sometimes reached with its lapping as Xyxyth splashed around in the shallow--for him-- water when a green spectacle zoomed by. A'tay was both captivated and horrified by the flying when he saw the rider strapped in. He trusted Xyxyth with his life but that didn't mean he wanted to add extra risks in his day! Still, he gawked and marvelled at the skill and fun that seemed to be happening and finally got up to greet the pair when they landed.

Of course he recognized their classmates as soon as Zellekath commanded his attention with her moves but A'tay still couldn't believe that it was them. Not only were they still weyrlings--with graduation almost upon them--but Eb'zer was a Healer! He wasn't weyrbred or even Searched. Where did he get that courage from?

A'tay's only form of courage right then came in the form of approaching the green pair with Xyxyth now on the land and trailing happily behind him. It was still weird talking to Eb'zer since the man was older and a Healer but they were classmates and he had always been kind to him.

"Hi, Eb'zer, hi Zellekath. That was some amazing flying! Weren't you scared or worried about balance?" A'tay was still a bit wide-eyed at what he had seen but his interest in it was also evident. "Pretty sure I would have been doing some unflattering screaming."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Eb'zer
of Green Zellekath

Date of Birth
09.09.718, 26
Height
5'11
Eyes
Green/Hazel
Build
Delicate; slim
Hair
Dark walnut brown

Threads

“Hello A’tay!” Eb’zer grinned, still flushed from the thrilling flight that Zellekath had just taken him on; adrenaline pumping through his veins he could feel his legs trembling even as he cheerfully finished unstrapping himself and slid down his dragon. He was so glad she was almost grown, and still a long way from being as big as her bronze brother!

Landing on the sand, Eb’zer caught his balance with a hand on Zellekath’s leg. He flushed a little at A’tay’s compliment and wide eyed awe, looking down and shrugging slightly. “No,” he answered honestly, looking up with a gentle smile. “Zellekath takes good care of me, and she’s pretty acrobatic even before we started flying together.” Indeed, the green seemed to thoroughly enjoy being a show off. Having Eb’zer strapped on for the ride instead of gawking at her himself seemed to make her happier.

Eb’zer did snort at A’tay’s admittance to screaming, and smiled bashfully. “The first time she did it, I think I wet myself!” He laughed, shaking his head. “She dunked me in the water, though, so we’ll never know for sure!”

Zellekath trilled a cheerful greeting to Xyxyth as he joined them, and Eb’zer smiled, unable to stop his lips from forming such whenever his dragon was concerned. “Come here, and I’ll take your straps off!” As Zellekath danced impatiently on the spot, Eb’zer worked to remove the straps before turning his attention back to A’tay as the young green left in leaps and bounds for the waters edge, calling for Xyxyth to join her.

“What are you two up to, today?” He asked pleasantly, though his gaze was on the playing dragons. It was so unreal!

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

Despite being a little nervous about talking to the older Healer, A’tay did also find it kind of easy to once he got over any doubts and fears. Eb’zer was so laidback and sometimes mocked himself that it put A’tay at ease and it felt like he was with a friend. Perhaps they were given they had spent a year together learning how to be dragonriders in and out of class. “I think you must have and I want to say it’s because she was looking out for you that she dunked you since dragons are great like that but it’s more likely she just wanted to wash off her hide,” he laughed at the image and again marvelled at Eb’zer’s courage to just say something like that. He wasn’t sure he’d even confess such a thing to one of his siblings. He certainly hadn’t said anything about Thallyath’s Flight to any of them since he was mortified by the entire thing.

“Oh, um nothing really,” A’tay startled out of watching the dragons run back to the water. They were always so fascinating to watch and sometimes he found that he did zone out while doing it. “Xyxyth loves the water so we’re spending the afternoon here so he can play before we go back for my dinner. Seemed like a fair compromise to the day.” He really didn’t mind going to the beach; Xyxyth enjoyed himself and he often was able to send a few letters back and forth with Madiquel when she wasn’t in classes. Speaking of that, Shadow wasn’t back yet, meaning Madiquel must have been free that afternoon as well and he was visiting with her while she worked on a reply. He both looked forward to it and was kind of embarrassed about the idea of receiving it while with Eb’zer.

Eb'zer
of Green Zellekath

Date of Birth
09.09.718, 26
Height
5'11
Eyes
Green/Hazel
Build
Delicate; slim
Hair
Dark walnut brown

Threads

Eb’zer spluttered out a laugh at A’tay’s thoughtout answer to his pant wetting debate, and he shook his head. “You are quite probably right!” He said, still laughing. Turning from watching the dragons frolicking (even after all this time, he couldn’t believe Zellekath had chosen him as her own. That it was real!) Eb’zer smiled warmly at A’tay as he made an inviting gesture before walking with a cheerful bounce to the edge of the water, similarly to where A’tay had been sitting previously. Lowering himself elegantly to the wet sand, Eb’zer pulled his boots and socks off, and let his feet linger on the edge, occasional waves lapping at his toes.

“I’m enjoying these more common lazy days,” Eb’zer said placidly, his gaze back on the playing dragons. It was a nice change from the more fast paced early months, and the whole experience was so different from when he was at the Healer Hall. Speaking of! “I filed my transfer papers this morning!” He was so excited, eyes wide and a grin bright on his face. “It can’t be approved until we graduate, but afterwards, I’ll — hopefully! — be moving to Fort so I can return to the Healer Hall program.” He’d been so excited when he heard he could return — even with a dragon — and while he technically didn’t have to Transfer, it was generally agreed that it would be easier, especially while he was a young rider. Less jumps between were always a good thing, in Eb’zer’s opinion!

“Do you have plans after we graduate?” Eb’zer asked, turning to look at his companion curiously.

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A’tay hesitated a moment, debating if it was really okay to continue bothering the greenrider. It didn’t seem like he was but Eb’zer was too nice to flat out tell him to go away. But the invitation to join him seemed genuine enough and A’tay slowly inched his way back to his side, sitting down with a proper distance between them so he wasn’t crowding Eb’zer.

“Really? I didn’t even think about that yet,” A’tay had been wondering where he would go after graduation. He originally lived in Telgar with his mom and sister but then he Impressed in Ista where the rest of his siblings were. Originally he had the idea of maybe moving to Fort so he could be near Madiquel but she wasn’t even there now, having been accepted into Healer Hall. But listening to Eb’zer’s enthusiasm about going back to the Hall while he lived in Fort did leave A’tay wondering about what he wanted to do in general after graduation.

“I… I’m not sure, honestly. Xyxyth is bronze so I guess that means we could lead something someday but I only just turned sixteen so it’s not like that will happen any time soon even if I want it.” A’tay watched Xyxyth splash around in the water with his green sister and he was relieved that his dragon wasn’t as snobby as T’ryn’s Syrendryth seemed to be. He didn’t want to feel isolated because people feared his dragon. Making friends makes everyone happier and it helps to build a support system to raise you to the top. You can be a Weyrleader, TayTay. DiDi believes it too and one day, so will you.

A’tay groaned and shook his head. “Xyxyth says I’m going to be a Weyrleader one day but we’ll see about that. I’d much rather just figure out where I want to live after graduation.” He wondered if he sounded as whiny and pathetic to Eb’zer. It really wasn’t a hard question and he would have his own dragon to pop into the other Weyrs any time he wanted. So did it matter where his bed was?

“I’m kind of thinking about moving to Fort Weyr, though. Maybe. I won’t have any family there but Madiquel’s at Healer Hall and she’s my best friend so being closer would be kind of cool. And… will you give me your Healer opinion?” A’tay shifted so he was facing Eb’zer, tuning out the dragons as they continued playing. “Madi’s dad is an ex-bronzerider. He lost Denath to the landslide and he’s not always stable, you know? He seems to like me and I wonder if my being around would help him out on rough days, especially since Madiquel isn’t there and she definitely soothed him. I think she’d appreciate me being around her Papa as well.” Though he hadn’t seen Jajojin since Impressing and he wasn’t sure how the man would react to Xyxyth. No doubt he’d have to keep Xyxyth away from Jajojin when he went to visit, like what T’ryn used to do when he would visit Madiquel.

Eb'zer
of Green Zellekath

Date of Birth
09.09.718, 26
Height
5'11
Eyes
Green/Hazel
Build
Delicate; slim
Hair
Dark walnut brown

Threads

Eb’zer smiled gently at A’tay, eyes crinkling. “Well, it isn’t like there is a rush!” Dragonriders were still transferring regularly enough, if the Weyrleaer was to be believed when Eb’zer went to apply for his own transfer. It made sense, knowing where everyone, but Eb’zer wondered when the rules would start getting stricter; the Hall was really strict about people getting to choose where they wanted to be, as opposed to where they were more useful. Surely it was only a matter of time before that same difference was brought down upon the Weyrs? Eb’zer felt a chill crawl down his spine as he glanced up towards the Red Star. He’d heard a lot of gossip about the Star, and most folks (dragonless ones, especially) seemed to believe it was all hogwash. Eb’zer wasn’t so sure. Their Weyrling lessons, after all, had shown them centuries worth of records of the Thread falling, and just as many examples of the time it hadn’t fallen.

Enough dire thoughts! Zellekath scolded, not so much as pausing in her games with Xyxyth. She adored Eb’zer, but he really needed to remember that happy times were for happy thoughts and fun friends! Eb’zer smiled at her, and shook his head slightly at the dragons as they splashed around and Zellekath squealed joyfully, sending water spraying in all directions. Eb’zer laughed softly at A’tay’s groan and apparent disagreement with his dragon about their future. “Well,” he said playfully, “I would certainly recommend being Weyrleader of a home you love.” His playful smile faded slightly at the serious look on A’tay’s face and he tilted his head, giving his attention to the young bronzerider.

“I think that is very honorable of you, A’tay.” Eb’zer said gently, his voice low as he studied his classmate. Nothing about A’tay had ever indicated to Eb’zer that he was the type to do something, in order to gain something. Eb’zer smiled at A’tay, feeling the kid was honestly invested in helping his friend’s dad, though he was fairly sure there was likely to be a little more involvement of A’tay’s emotions there than maybe the kid knew. Or maybe not? Romance wasn’t really Eb’zer’s forte, but he could tell the kid had it bad!

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

Honorable? He hadn't thought of it that way. He supposed it was since it felt the right thing to do. Sure, Madiquel would appreciate having someone close to her Papa and keep her informed but A'tay figured R'nya or Rhaedalyn likely did that already. He didn't have anything against the Fort leadership but he did think Jajojin might want someone else around that weren't kind of his charges where he helped them run things properly.

Then again, A'tay recalled Madiquel's reaction to Xyxyth after not seeing him for so long and eventually he had clued into why that was. It was kind of hard to miss that now, what with his dragon in his adult hide and hopefully to his full size. Xyxyth looked a lot like Denath had. It was one thing to try and keep all dragons away from Jajojin, but to bring one that looked like his deceased dragon into his Weyr where he'd likely see Xyxyth from time to time? A'tay knew he'd be evicted from Fort for causing disturbances and he'd never be able to face Madiquel again for the anguish he'd caused Jajojin.

Now he was even more conflicted!

"Xyxyth looks like Jajojin's deceased dragon. That probably wouldn't be good for his mind, huh?" A'tay deflated and flopped onto his back, arms folding behind his head to act as a pillow. He was unconcerned about the damp sand since he wasn't in his riding leathers but just some basic beach clothes that would need a washing anyway. He could still hear the dragons splashing around and having a grand time and as much as he loved watching dragons do pretty much anything, the clouds were suddenly a lot more interesting.

"Anyway!" A'tay didn't want to depress his classmate with his woes, especially after the good time Eb'zer had just been having so he glanced at Eb'zer with a smile. "Are you going to continue studying at Healer Hall or do you have enough rank and experience now to take up a position at a Weyr?" Eb'zer said he wanted to go back to the Hall but A'tay actually didn't know much about the Hall or how it worked. Was there more for him to learn? Did he just want to go back as an apology for Impressing? Was he stuck in the Hall until he was assigned somewhere?

Eb'zer
of Green Zellekath

Date of Birth
09.09.718, 26
Height
5'11
Eyes
Green/Hazel
Build
Delicate; slim
Hair
Dark walnut brown

Threads

Eb’zer watched as A’tay seemed to consider the things he had said, turning his own attention upon Zellekath and Xyxyth so that A’tay could think over whatever thoughts he had churning in his mind, without feeling like Eb’zer was waiting impatiently for him to say something. While Eb’zer was quite curious about what the young bronzerider was mulling over now, he wasn’t inclined to push A’tay, or demand to know what was going on. Considering his opinion that A’tay felt rather more than innocent friendship for the girl, Eb’zer figured A’tay’s mind might be drifting in directions that weren’t meant to be shared. His lips twitched in quiet amusement, but he didn’t say anything.

Eyebrows lifting in surprise, Eb’zer turned to look at A’tay curiously when the youngster finally voiced what was on his mind. It certainly wasn’t the line of thought Eb’zer had assumed the kid had been following, and he frowned as he considered the words. “Probably not,” Eb’zer agreed quietly. He wasn’t much of a mind-worker, but it didn’t really take a lot of education to know that seeing a dragon that looked like one you’d lost, probably wouldn’t be a good thing. Eb’zer had seen mourners mistake a child for their deceased child, and that was traumatic enough for everyone involved. As strong as parental love was, Eb’zer doubted it was quite on the same level as a dragon bond.

Eb’zer smiled when A’tay not-at-all subtly changed the subject, his lips twitching in amusement. “I want to continue my studies,” Eb’zer replied, nodding to himself. “I could probably take up rank at the Weyr, but I feel like I still have so much to learn.” Flopping back onto the sand in a similar manner as A’tay, Eb’zer folded his arms back behind his head, too. “I’ve only been a Journeyman for four turns. I was hoping to achieve my Mastership, but, well,” he nodded towards Zellekath, smiling fondly. “I don’t know if that is still possible, but I still want to learn more.”

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

“Only,” A’tay chuckled at that, impressed by how much dedication to the craft Eb’zer had and how the man saw it so differently than he did. How much more training could there be? What else could he learn? Maybe he’d ask more about the Hall life in a bit and why Eb’zer wanted to be a Healer. Sure, they talked before, but it was usually about dragons and the Weyr since Eb’zer had been thrust into it all unexpectedly. Maybe he’d like to share more about what he was obviously very passionate about.

“I bet it will be! No one would turn away someone so enthusiastic about learning. Maybe one day you will be a Master and you’ll have a big office in a Weyr with human and dragon patients to keep you busy and challenge your mind.” A’tay couldn’t say for sure, but Eb’zer seemed like the sort of guy that liked being challenged like that. Give him a mystery to unravel—kind of like T’ryn. His brother was happiest when he was working on a puzzle or trying to figure out how to make some plan or routine work. Eb’zer seemed like he would enjoy finding the cause of someone’s cough or why a wing was thicker than others. A’tay thought about Xyxyth’s thicker membranes but didn’t mention them aloud.

Eb'zer
of Green Zellekath

Date of Birth
09.09.718, 26
Height
5'11
Eyes
Green/Hazel
Build
Delicate; slim
Hair
Dark walnut brown

Threads

Eb’zer glanced up at A’tay, and smiled wryly at the young bronzerider’s emphasis on one of his words, eyes crinkling in amusement; “Only,” he agreed. It felt like it had been both a lifetime, and no time at all that he’d been in the Healer craft. He enjoyed it, and it so rarely felt like work – which was a lot different to his current activities as a Weyrling. Here, he wasn’t learning something he’d wanted to know about for as long as he could remember. He was still a dedicated student in his new studies, taking care to learn everything properly but also quickly. But it wasn’t the same; he saw some of his fellows blossoming under the tutelage of their Weyrlingmaster, and their enthusiasm for the life before them was impossible to miss. They wanted to be dragonriders, and they had wanted it for at least as long as Eb’zer had wanted to be a Healer.

“Maybe,” Eb’zer smiled thankfully at A’tay, slightly embarrassed but also charmed by his young friend’s enthusiasm and ideas. It wasn’t, he allowed, so much because it was impossible for him to be a Masterhealer and a greenrider, but more that it hadn’t been done before. Not that the dragonriders seemed to care about that type of thing! They seemed quite happy to stomp all over the Holds and Halls and have things go in their direction, no matter what anyone else seemed to think. Turning ot watch the dragons thoughtfully, Eb’zer allowed a small smile. He would like to be a Masterhealer in a Weyr, to have his own staff and a mountain of things to do and people – and dragons! – to take care of. As he had said before, though, he had a lot to learn before he’d ever be ready to be a Master, and so that would be his current goal. Better to work on what he knew he could, before finding out if the ultimate goal was possible.

Turning to look back at A’tay, Eb’zer gave him a curious look. “What about you?” he asked, smiling slightly, and returning in part to their original conversation. “Do you have any goals?” Eb’zer knew not all bronzeriders became wingleaders or Weyrleaders. Some slacked off and did nothing their whole lives, some caused trouble… But A’tay didn’t really strike Eb’zer as the kind to shirk any responsibilities he might get, but he’d also said he didn’t have any immediate plans to strike out for rank. Perhaps it was something he’d look at in the future? “What about a Craft?” Eb’zer asked curiously, wondering if such a thing would interest A’tay. He had no idea if it would be possible (from what he understood, a lot of work had gone into the agreement between Weyr and Healer Hall so he didn’t know if other Crafting options were available. But nonetheless, he was curious!

PA - First Post!

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A'tay returned the smile and then took his turn at being embarrassed again. He really didn't have any plans, definitely nothing immediate outside of possibly moving to Fort Weyr to help out Jajojin for Madiquel. He didn't really know what he wanted to do after that. Wingleader was T'ryn's dream but A'tay wasn't as analytical as his brother and wouldn't be able to come up with formations let alone try to get everyone into it and get them moving as one. Weyrleader was Xyxyth's goal for them but he wasn't sure about that either since he preferred to stay out of the spotlight, not be the centre of it.

"I'm only sixteen and I'll only be a recent graduate so there isn't much waiting for me, honestly. At least, not for a while." Maybe by then he'd like the idea of being a leader of some sort or maybe a second. That might be okay and he said as much. "Maybe one day being the second to a wing or Weyrleader wouldn't be too bad. We could have all the Weyrs open again by then and the sky will be full of dragons." That would be something to see! It was already pretty cool when just a handful were zipping about but to have even more always on the go for whatever reason was something A'tay couldn't wait to see.

But until that point, what would he do? Eb'zer mentioned a Craft but A'tay wasn't sure about that either. He was a bit past the starting age, or so he figured from what he'd heard about some of the Crafts, and he was a dragonrider now. That seemed like two worlds colliding and making a mess. He knew Healer Hall was okay with it given the arrangements for Weyr girls and letting the Impressed Healers back in but A'tay didn't think anyone would take a bronzerider in and train him from the bottom up. "I like woodworking but I don't think I would seek out the Hall and get any lessons from them, especially since my hand sometimes twitches still." He grimaced at the offending hand, recalling the day he Impressed after the light mauling. He owed Eb'zer for helping to make sure he didn't lose mobility entirely so the twitch was something he could live with.

"But I do take lessons from a former journeyman that lives in Telgar Weyr. Or I did before Impressing, but I keep practicing my whittling and carving things." Not that it really counted as anything useful. Maybe when he was really good he could sell items at a Gather for extra marks but that still didn't overly benefit anyone. "I guess for now though, I'll just keep learning what I can, where I can and follow any orders that come." Not nearly as exciting as going back to become a Master but he was okay with it.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)