World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 740.7.21 | Leading the Way
11am

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Dasher was definately Quinton's favorite. The skinny stablehand quietly lead the big bay mare out into the late morning sunshine, a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth as he tied her lead to one of the hitching posts outside of the stables and dropped the bucket of brushes and rags just out of reach of the horse's hooves, "Alright, girl. Time to get you clean." The mare wickers at him and bumps his shoulder, making the young man stumble a little and knock the bucket over, spilling brushes and rags onto the ground.

He gives the great beast's head an affectionate shove back, "Hey! I needed those." Quin kneels to gather the brushes back into the bucket, shaking his head in amusement, "You know, I'll never get this done if you don't stop knocking everything everywhere." He lowers his voice to barely above a whisper, "If I finish quick enough, we'll go for a ride. I don't think anyone'll notice as long as we're back before the end of lunch..."

PA - First Post!

Z'kel
of Green Seravath

Date of Birth
09.10.717 AL, 27
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue-green
Build
Rich
Hair
Blonde and wavy, Tazikel wears his hair so that it ends a little past his ears. Due to the wave, it's a bit longer when damp. He's at that age where he can finally sorta grow a beard but it never really gets anywhere, so he keeps it fairly stubbly so it looks very intentional (even if he can't grow a proper beard).

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
At some point, his father had to give up on bringing Tazikel to meetings with other lords. Nearly every single time Tazikel managed to wander off and avoid actually attending anything important. Conveniently for him, Lord Barenkel seemed not to be overly invested in having his second son be present at the meetings and things, and generally let him do as he pleased rather than force him to be attentive. Poor Batenkel, the trials of being a first son. He didn’t get the luxury of his presence being overlooked.

Today had been a meeting at Telgar, something about… trade, probably. Tazikel had barely been paying attention when his father had been telling him about it. Sometimes he thought about how fucked over Tillek would be if something happened to Ten and he became Lord. Honestly the Hold would almost certainly be better off if they skipped him entirely and made Tarren next in line. Tarren was bookish, and while Tazikel loved his younger brother dearly, he did not understand how he found the details of trade agreements fascinating. Even Batenkel only busied himself with them out of a sense of duty, not interest. Tarren found the things fun, and always made sure to attend meetings like this. It was probably thanks to Tarren that Tazikel was given so much free reign, if he thought about it, though he still didn’t know why their father even brought him at all if he was just going to get into trouble of varying intensity - not that he was complaining, he loved exploring the different Holds, especially now that the dragons were back and it was so much easier to get around.

He couldn’t recall having been to Telgar prior to the return of the dragonriders, though he’d already been a handful of times that turn alone, most notably for the Gather only a few days ago (did the Gather have something to do with the meeting?). Dragons were so handy. Still, Tazikel generally preferred horses. Some of that was certainly due to not having the same sort of access or connection with dragons, but even outside of that there was something about horses he just liked, In fact, prompted by his thoughts, Tazikel decided to make his way to to Lord Telgar’s stables.

There was a stablehand grooming a horse - or perhaps attempting to groom was a better description, since as Tazikel approached he was picking brushes off the ground and not actually grooming. “Good morning, there,” he called cheerfully, hoping he didn’t startle the stablehad into dropping all the brushes again. Tazikel figured waiting until he was noticed may also startle the boy and make him drop everything, so he decided he may as well be polite.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The unexpected greeting had Quinton practically trying to jump over the horse with a yelp, brushes falling with a clatter. The horse snorted and danced away, "Steady." A comforting hand landed on the horse's neck while the stablehand made soothing sounds. He didn't respond to the visiting lordling until Dasher had calmed down, "Good morning, my lord." Surely he was facing a lord, right? With the horse calmed, he knelt to begin gathering the brushes again, "Looking to go for a ride?" His voice was carefully neutral and polite, as was only the proper way for a lowly stablehand to speak to someone of rank. Especially when that someone was visiting! He offered a small bow, "I can get one of the horses saddled up for you, if you like. It won't take more than a moment."

There went Quinton's plan of going for a ride himself, though...

He patted Dasher's neck again, before dropping the brushes back into the bucket, "I've got a beauty that would be perfect for you. He's got an excellent gait." And the gelding was his second favorite. He didn't bother mentioning that getting a horse saddled would delay his assigned duties. It was his job to make sure that any guest of the Lord Holder or his family were able to go riding if they wished, after all.

PA - First Post!

Z'kel
of Green Seravath

Date of Birth
09.10.717 AL, 27
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue-green
Build
Rich
Hair
Blonde and wavy, Tazikel wears his hair so that it ends a little past his ears. Due to the wave, it's a bit longer when damp. He's at that age where he can finally sorta grow a beard but it never really gets anywhere, so he keeps it fairly stubbly so it looks very intentional (even if he can't grow a proper beard).

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Tazikel spent the time it took the stablehand to calm down the startled horse questioning the wisdom of having such a jumpy person around horses all the time. Was that really the best decision on Telgar’s part? He did calm the horse down quickly, but still. Didn’t matter, Tazikel decided, shrugging off the thoughts. Not his Hold, not his horses.

“You know, I hadn’t really been planning on anything yet, but a ride sounds like an excellent idea,” he said with a smile, stepping forward to introduce himself to the horse. Tazikel let her sniff his hand before gently reaching forward to stroke her neck. “If you don’t mind terribly, you may want to saddle a horse for yourself as well. I don’t know the area and could do with a guide, if it’s not terribly inconvenient for you,” he said with a mischievous grin. The stablehand probably had plenty to do, but it was his job to help Tazikel, and who would say no to an excuse to go riding instead of doing chores? Unless he didn’t like riding and would prefer mucking stalls or something but Tazikel wasn’t sure many people like that existed.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Quinton wasn't usually so jumpy, but he had been focusing on the horse and hadn't heard Tazikel walk up. That's his excuse, anyway. It doesn't help that his visitor is cute, but Quin will never admit that, even to himself. He gives Dasher's neck one last affectionate pat and nods, "It will be a pleasure to get someone saddled for you." He stepped back a moment to give the other guy a moment to get acquainted with Dasher, smiling a little as the horse sniffed the offered hand, and started to turn to go get a horse saddled.

Wait. What? "You want me to go riding with you, my lord?" Quin's heart skipped a beat and he blushed faintly, "Yes, sir. I'd be honored to." And it gave him a legitimate excuse to go riding without risking getting in trouble for shirking his duties! "Give me a moment to get the horses saddled." He reached out to untie the horse's lead, "If you'll excuse me for a moment. I'll be back in two shakes." He barely waited to be acknowledged before leading the horse into the stable.

It wasn't long before both Dasher and a prancing roan gelding, "I think you and River would get along." He tied River back in the same place Dasher had been tied and dropped Dasher's lead to ground-tie her so he could double-check the buckles and make sure that the girth was tight.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)