World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 740.07.22 | Preparations and Negotiations
9 am | Verec

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
Might as well get this over with early, L’gan thought, taking off his riding gear and putting it away for the day. He walked down the hall to Verec’s office, knocking to see if he was already in. When he heard the Masterhealer call out for whoever it was to come in, he opened the door and stepped in.

“Good morning, Master Verec. Do you have a few minutes to discuss the upcoming hatching at Ista?” He waited for a reply and invitation to sit, still treading carefully after their last meeting, interrupted rudely by Semath’s sudden Flight. He had apologized profusely but still felt awkward about it. There was no good way to explain to anyone outside of Weyr life what the imperative was, and though he knew Verec was relatively open minded, considering everything the riders had done, he tried not to push his luck.

“I would like to volunteer to help cover the hatching, and with your permission I would like to request Eb’zer’s service as well.” He didn’t know a better way to bring it up so he just said it: “since we have both already Impressed, and he's already at Ista, you wouldn’t be risking losing any more Healers at this hatching, and with such a small clutch, I’m confident the two of us can manage it under your direction. Especially since Sariel will also be there and can assist if necessary.” He waited nervously for a response unsure what the reaction would be. He thought it was a good plan, and it was true- as Verec’s former apprentice Eb’zer was more than qualified to handle any traumas which might spring up.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue-grey
Build
Hair
Light brown hair with a bit of a wave, usually kept relatively short. Verec usually has stubble, but he keeps himself well groomed even if not clean shaven. He is starting to grey at the temples.

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Verec didn’t hate dragonriders. He didn’t. They just made his life annoyingly complicated and were the source of too many headaches. But that didn’t mean he hated them. Verec even liked some of them. Namely his former students, even if interacting with them these days was…awkward. Especially now that some of them were his students again. They were Healers, but they were also dragonriders and it was an odd situation to navigate.

Didn’t mean he would stop complaining about dragonriders, though.

Like how their Hatchings were either perfectly tame and straightforward or absolute disasters and there was no way to predict which would be which. The upcoming one at Ista was an unknown, though Verec didn’t fully understand all the details. Something about the father? What he knew was that it was tiny, only six eggs, which was the smallest dragon clutch he’d ever heard of. Which, knowing hatchlings, would cause enough problems for at least twenty dragonets. Because why would this be easy.

When L’gan showed up at his office, Verec had been pointedly not thinking about dragons or dragonriders and was working his way through the current roster of which Healers were assigned where on Pern to make sure everyone was where it made most sense for them to be. The knock on his door wasn’t entirely unwelcome, as Verec was getting a headache from squinting at the tiny, cramped handwriting of the man who had written up the rosters. He’d need to find someone to do this next time with better handwriting, Verec decided, he was wasting far too much time trying to interpret what individual words were for the process to be efficient. Though when he called for the person to enter and L’gan walked in, Verec wasn’t sure if whatever was about to be said would make his headache less

“L’gan. Sit,” he said, hoping it was nothing too complicated. Thankfully, despite being about the Hatching, it wasn’t.

“You and...Eb’zer will both be added to the roster for the Hatching,” Verec said, hesitating a moment before Eb’zer’s name. He still had trouble remembering to use the honorific. Same issue with L’gan, truth be told, but he’d had longer to get used to the change. “Sariel, however, will not be serving as a Healer at the Hatching. If she is Standing as a Candidate, which as of the last time I checked she will be, than she cannot also be there in any capacity as a Healer.” That was idiocy, no one could expect her to be both things at once, it was both unfair to her and unsafe. If they were relying on her presence as a Healer, they would be behind if she were to Impress or be injured while Standing. No, Verec would not allow it.

“I will be choosing three others in addition to myself, all over thirty and less likely to be attractive to Candidates. You and Eb’zer will be allowed to work the Hatching, but only because you have both already Impressed. I instituted the new policy around a minimum age to work at a Hatching after last turn,” Verec said, the last part a touch darkly. He’d made it a rule that only Healers thirty turns or over could be posted at Hatchings after Eb’zer Impressed the turn before. That had been enough the dragonriders had taken from the Hall for nothing. Verec would tolerate no more of it.

“I assume that is acceptable to you?” Verec asked, voiced as a question but his expression made it very clear L’gan had no ability to change his decisions.

PA - First Post!

L'gan
of Green Semath

Date of Birth
03.01.712, 33
Height
5'9
Eyes
Stormy grey
Build
Slight
Hair
Dark brown, curly

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
L’gan privately doubted Sariel’s willingness to back down if she even thought her healing skills were needed, but wisely didn’t say anything. He’d gotten on the roster, which was all he’d really wanted. He’d be there if she Impressed, or Faranth forbid was injured; he hoped for the former. Pushing gently and subtly for Sariel to get more surgical or trauma experience could wait.

“Thank you, sir. I understand. It’s perfectly acceptable.” L’gan replied, knowing any other answer would be idiotic.

He paused, then continued, “If the clutch follows the usual pattern, the touching will be in the next few days, with the hatching to follow a week or so later. Semath and I would be happy to provide transportation earlier or on the day, and I’m sure a few rooms can be spared at the Weyr if you wish for any of the attending healers go early to be on hand.” He’d made similar offers before, ferrying Healers to more remote posts if someone couldn’t be spared from Fort or a Weyr closer to the posting.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)