World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] [EVENT] 740.07.17 | A days end
3pm

D'io
of Brown Shirrikath

Date of Birth
15.07.720, 24
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: Jenn
The bronze draped across his shoulder hissed and scolded a woman terribly when she accidentally moved into their path. "You know," Dandioar said to the bronze, "You're never going to make us any friends if you don't stop that. Not everyone wants to be lectured by a firelizard." The firelizard in question did nothing but chirp before sliding his cheek against Dandi's in an attempt to get out of the trouble he'd started. It worked mostly, Dandi was always quick to forgive Tigger for his outbursts. He was, after all, young and unused to going out in public much.

This was the first gather Dandi had attended since being search, opting to stay in Ista when they were being held instead of going. He was trying to better his terrible reading and writing ability, something that wasn't uncommon in the youth of Pern, but he didn't want to seem uneducated to the rest of the population. Especially when people learned he was from a hold and should be educated. It wasn't his fault the letters always seemed to take on a mind of their own.

He stopped at a stall and began looking over the wares the man was hawking. They were nicely made and a list of prices was written on a slate of stone. Dandi squinted at the words trying to decipher the numbers connecting to the items and failing miserably. He held up a knife sheath and shook it lightly at the man, "How much for this?" he asked after it. The man had watched the boy struggle with his price listing and an opportunity to prey was seen and taken,"50 marks,"was the reply though the list was well below for that particular sheath even if Dandi didn't know it.

"Really?" Dandioar questioned with a frown, "That seems a bit high for this but if you say so." "Don't believe me?" the man tapped the list and Tigger hissed at him, "It's written in plain Pernese, right here, trying to steal from me eh?" Dandi shook his head, embarrassed that he'd been unable to read, "No, no here. I'll take it for 50." He started digging around in his mark pouch, his embarrassment slowly bleeding into irritation, and didn't notice the person walking up behind him.

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Mylorah had just left the dancefloor, heading off to where she and Beckitt had arranged to meet for a bite to eat and chill time together. She adored that boy and didn’t want to be late to the meeting, so of course she spotted someone she knew being hassled by a vendor. She slowed and came to a stop one stall over to see what was going on and if Dandioar had it covered. It really didn’t seem like he did. He seemed embarrassed and slowly getting irritated by the situation and Mylorah couldn’t help but step in and hopefully not step on his ego.

“Hey, baby!” Mylorah called out as she slipped up beside Dandioar and wrapped her arms around one of his, clinging to him like a possessive girlfriend. “Sorry, sir, it’s my fault. I told him not to spend too much on the gift for my father. He’s want to impress him so he approves of us being together. Isn’t that sweet? But he’s not good on his bartering skills, but it adds to his charm, don’t you think?”

Mylorah batted her lashes and continued her brightest and ditziest smile but before the merchant could respond, she turned back to Dandioar, let go of his arm, only so she could grab both sides of his face and pull him down for a deep and long kiss. She moaned against his lips and almost pouted when she pulled away but brought out that ditzy smile once more. “You’re the sweetest, baby. Let’s go find my father.”

She gave a little finger wave to the vendor as she linked arms with Dandioar once more and guided him away from the stall. Once they were well away from the man, she started giggling and leaned her head on his shoulder. “Oh, Dandi. Shopping with you might actually make me like the chore.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'io
of Brown Shirrikath

Date of Birth
15.07.720, 24
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: Jenn
"H-hey?" he answered as Mylorah slid up next to him, linking her arm with his and hung on him like the tightest flight moth. He blinked as she simply opened her mouth and a very convincing explanation spilled from her lips. A light blush darkened his neck as she talked up his charm. Was he charming? Dandi doubted it, still quite firmly in the mind of his holder upbringing, though he'd been trying mightily to emulate what he saw in the weyr. It was different and exciting and new, something he'd never seen before but Dandi liked to think he was fitting in just nicely.

His eyes popped wide opened as she grabbed his face and planted a deep, wet kiss on him. It was a momentary surprise before instinct took over and a large palm fit against the small of her back to press her closer. Skin hot at her moan, Dandioar would have kept the kiss going if he could have but she pulled away with an adorable pout to her lips. Blue eyes, darkened just a touch, lifted to look at the merchant and he winked. The man, who's mouth had dropped open with a smirk, blinked quickly at him as Dandi winked. "Mmm," he murmured as he played along, "I think you just might be the sweetest. And you know your father just hates that you love me best."

As they walked away, Dandi's hand drifted to her rear where he griped it in a quick grope, might as well give the merchant a bigger show. Glancing over his shoulder he found the merchant still staring so he winked again and got an outraged looked before the man turned away. He chuckled as he moved his hand back away from her ass and where it needed to be, at her waist where it was safer, and listened to her giggling. "You're a terrible person, Mylorah," he laughed as he gave her a little bump with his hip. "He's going to be scandalized for the rest of the day," he continued to chuckle before he admitted, "I could use some help with it. I'm not all that great at it, ya know."

He had no doubt everyone knew he couldn't read properly but he wasn't going to admit it out loud. Too much pride and too much fear that someone would make fun of him. "Care to help me with negotiations?" he asked.

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
"Scandalized means he might not open his angry mouth as much. He's probably also jealous because I'm an amazing catch that you made and he didn't," Mylorah giggled again when he hip bumped her. Dandioar was a good man and she was glad she stepped in when she did, hating to think about what may have happened otherwise. He looked ready to fight, but she didn't know if he actually would or not and thankfully wasn't angry that he had been rescued by a girl either. Probably because he got a kiss out of it.

Still, she was surprised when he asked her to tag along a bit on his shopping to lend a hand. Mylorah knew he had been struggling with reading and had been in his place when they moved North. She had loved reading in Katila but they didn't have a lot of material to work with and being given a chance to get her hands on new pieces had her learning new words and slowly working her way through books. She was a lot more comfortable and confident now and knew Dandioar would get there at his own pace as well. She didn't want to rush him or make him feel bad for not learning earlier when it wasn't something everyone had access to. It was amazing that he was trying still instead of giving up and she loved that about her friend.

"I have to meet someone soon for snack date but I would love to help you out for a bit. We can even meet up again later as well. Truthfully," she glanced around like she was about to spill the biggest secret ever and leaned up to Dandioar's ear, "I absolutely hate shopping but you asked nicely and have a handsome smile so I can't refuse." She placed a quick kiss to his neck and returned to her casual hold of his arm as she glanced around.

"I do mean it when I say I'd love to help you more later as well when I'm free and recovered from the first trek. You might have to dance with me after as my reward though," she teased in a sing song voice, already imagining what Dandioar would be like on the dancefloor. She loved dancing but it didn't mean she knew all the special moves or was as graceful as others. But she had fun and she'd make sure Dandioar did as well.

"What else are you looking for?"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)