World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [EVENT] 740.07.17 | Shades of the Past
1pm | Tazikel

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Kordiavis had so far avoided having to really talk to people. It wasn’t that he was against being out in the public and he really didn’t hate crowds, but he hated small talk with strangers, especially when they tried prying into his life. He had only agreed to go to the Gather because Mylorah was obnoxious when she wanted to get her way and would pester him until he said yes, and because he really did want to see a couple of friends currently still stationed at other Weyrs. He knew they’d all be back together soon in Ista thanks to Thallyath’s clutch but getting out and away from the Weyr and Ista as a whole was also kind of appealing.

Still, he didn’t stick around when some friends were gathering with their other friends and he hadn’t sought out anyone he did know just yet. He knew Misharan would be around somewhere but they’d eventually cross paths so Kordiavis didn’t bother hunting down that social butterfly. Instead he perused the rows of stands selling various items he didn’t need but some of the tailors did have some wonderful clothes on display to purchase and show off what they could do with a little custom ordered work. Considering he no longer lived in a major Hold and didn’t have anyone to impress, custom work wasn’t required anymore—though he was currently wearing a custom-made shirt and pants meant for Gathers and was on the finer end, like most of his clothes. He still ended up buying a nice shirt that was rolled up and tucked away in the satchel he had slung across his body.

His main reason for the journey through the crowds before sitting in the outdoor tavern under a tent was drawing supplies. He was low on charcoal and wanted to look into paints and maybe another bound book of blank paper. After a bit of searching, he did find a vendor with some books that suited his purpose and he bought two before moving on to find the rest of the supplies.

Within minutes, Kordiavis had a small bunch of charcoal sticks wrapped together with twine in one hand, knowing he’d definitely purchase that, but the paint left him wondering. He was staring at the small pots debating if he wanted to try out any of the colours when he glanced up, feeling as if someone was standing too close and crowding him. No one was to either side of him but when he turned around, Kordiavis nearly swore as he came face to face with someone he hadn’t seen before the move to the Weyr.

“Tazikel? You trying to earn yourself a punch to that pretty face of yours by lingering too close?” He tried to sound annoyed but the smile that kept threatening to appear at seeing an old friend was ruining the effect quite a bit.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Z'kel
of Green Seravath

Date of Birth
09.10.717 AL, 27
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue-green
Build
Rich
Hair
Blonde and wavy, Tazikel wears his hair so that it ends a little past his ears. Due to the wave, it's a bit longer when damp. He's at that age where he can finally sorta grow a beard but it never really gets anywhere, so he keeps it fairly stubbly so it looks very intentional (even if he can't grow a proper beard).

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
When his Lord father stopped for lunch, Tazikel took that as his cue, and he cheerfully told his father and brother he'd be striking off on his own for a while, and they would be all set without him, right? As usual, his father acquiesced, knowing keeping him around was more trouble than it was worth. Also because Barenkel knew his son was easily bored by too much politics and wanted him to have fun at the Gather, but Tazikel didn't think much on that motivation.

He wandered the merchant stalls, not looking for anything in particular, just browsing all the wares that were on display. There were plenty of things that caught his eye, though Tazikel tried to resist buying too many things just because he liked it a little or thought it was interesting. He even mostly succeeded. Tazikel was poking around a shoe stall when out of the corner of his eye he caught sight of someone he thought he recognized.

He hadn’t seen Kordiavis in something like five, maybe six turns. Tillek and Ista Holds were fairly close, if not close physically, and even before the dragonriders returned and made travel much easier his family had made the effort to see the Lord Holder family of Ista at least once a turn. Nowadays they got together more often, but shortly after the dragonriders returned and improved the ease of travel, Kordiavis and his mother moved to one of the Weyrs and Tazikel hadn’t seen him since. He wasn’t even sure the man he’d just seen was Kordiavis, but he looked like how Tazikel remembered him, plus a few turns.

Tazikel thanked the merchant of the shoe stall for his time and left to quietly get a little closer to possibly-Kordiavis to see if he could confirm if it was, indeed, his friend. Probably-Kordiavis went over to a vendor selling art supplies, and Tazikel wandered closer as the man did his shopping. From closer up, Tazikel was almost positive it was, in fact, Kordiavis, and he was just debating how best to greet him when almost-certainly-Kordiavis turned around.

“You couldn’t ruin something this nice if you wanted to,” Tazikel grinned, excited he was right and he got the chance to see his friend. “Hello, Kordiavis, it’s been a while. How are the Weyrs treating you?”

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

"Only because I don't want to ruin my hand." Yep, that was definitely Tazikel. Kordiavis rolled his eyes but he was smiling as he did so. He missed his friend, his arrogance included. Honestly, Kordiavis was the same and would have said something similar in reversed positions, which made him wonder how they ever got along to begin with. Probably had something to do with meeting while so young and the second son of Tillek being unable to sit still and wanting to go on adventures around the Hold, dragging the quiet kid along with him.

"The Weyrs are treating me well since I'm left alone most of the time," that was a very important factor. Not that he knew it at the time when he pressed his mother into accepting the Mentor gig she had been offered. He just wanted to escape the Hold and mistakes he had made, even if it meant leaving behind some friends. Unfortunately, the Weyr was a lot more isolated than the Hold but at the same time, thanks to it being still under capacity, he felt like he had more freedom and could socialize or hide when he wanted to.

"You might actually enjoy it yourself. Come by on the right day and you'll find yourself in a den of debauchery. It might keep you entertained for a few hours." Given they hadn't seen each other in five or so years, Kordiavis really couldn't say much to Tazikel's interests, only able to go off of what they used to do as kids and young teenagers. He just felt it was safe to assume that Tazikel was just another bored Lord looking for something or someone to occupy him for a while. For all he knew, his old friend was married with children and happily so, but he doubted it.

"Unless you settled down, but considering your arm is lacking in candy, I'm betting you haven't yet." Anyone that knew Tazikel would be charmed enough to not want to leave his side, especially if shopping was involved and a gift could come of it.

Z'kel
of Green Seravath

Date of Birth
09.10.717 AL, 27
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue-green
Build
Rich
Hair
Blonde and wavy, Tazikel wears his hair so that it ends a little past his ears. Due to the wave, it's a bit longer when damp. He's at that age where he can finally sorta grow a beard but it never really gets anywhere, so he keeps it fairly stubbly so it looks very intentional (even if he can't grow a proper beard).

Threads

“Well, lucky me that you value your hands,” Tazikel laughed. He liked Kordiavis, prickliness and all. Most if it was clearly for show anyway, otherwise Kordiavis would never have tolerated Tazikel as much as he did when they were children. Young Tazikel had always been delighted by Kordiavis putting up with being dragged into whatever adventure Tazikel had made up for the day. As they got older, Tazikel started thinking that Kordiavis had gone along with his ideas less because he wanted to or particularly liked Tazikel and more because not all people gave not-a-Lord-Kordiavis all that much attention and Tazikel was perfectly happy to commandeer the quiet kid to explore or get into mischief.

It worked out pretty well most of the time. Batenkel and Aldra were the same age and got along well, and then Tazikel felt he and Kordiavis were sometimes the slightly younger tag-alongs on whatever the oldest boys were doing. And when Ten and Aldra were busy being first sons, Tazikel and Kordiavis would still hang out. Which, as the louder of the two of them (and the actual Lord, though that didn’t always occur to him at the time), meant it was usually Tazikel deciding what they got up to.

“I’m glad you’re doing well, though I hope you’re not left completely alone. I know you like your space, but I imagine it would get boring after a while, no one insisting you do dumb shit with them,” he teased. Tazikel did mean it that he was glad Kordiavis was doing well; he didn’t want any of his friends, no matter how rarely he saw them, to be having a horrible life. And the Weyrs sounded fascinating.

“Den of debauchery, you say? What sort of place are you living Kordiavis?” Tazikel asked, voice pitched up as he feigned being scandalized by the suggestion, though his grin clearly said otherwise. Not that Tazikel was overly experienced in debauchery, but he liked the idea of it. “Maybe I’ll have to visit someday, confirm for myself that they’re treating you right,” he said.

“Hmn, no, my dear parents seem to be deliberating over potential ladies, but for the moment I remain unattached. I assume you heard Ten got married, no? Itherida of Nabol, which makes him and Aldra brothers of a sort now. I still wonder if they conspired on that.” Tazikel shrugged, uncaring. Well, a little caring. He rather hoped his parents deliberated on possible wives for him for a very long time. At least he knew he’d be a better husband than Batenkel, though that wasn’t hard. Poor Itherida. “How about you, Kordiavis?” he asked, smiling innocently, “You have any lady in particular? Or is that against the rules of Weyr debauchery.”

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

“I hadn’t heard about Batenkel but it was easy enough to assume it had to have happened given his age and rank. Aldra and I write sometimes but he knows I never cared to keep up with all of that lordly bullshit.” That wasn’t entirely true as he sometimes found it entertaining back in the day. Most of it bored him to tears but some of the gossip was fascinating and Kordiavis filed it away so he would remember who he could trust or even blackmail if it came down to it. It never did since he ended up being the one with the scandal but it didn’t hurt to pay attention for useful information or just something to entertain him.

“I have lovers but nothing serious,” including men but he didn’t think Tazikel would want to know such things. “I threw out love when I threw out Talaria,” that had been seven turns ago and of course Tazikel knew about the secret tryst even before it became public. Kordiavis counted the second son of Tillek as one of his closest friends back then and Tazikel had been the one who taught him the fine art of sneaking around so perfectly. But Talaria was a cunning bitch that used him, played up being in love and even had his child just so she could have a chance at a better life as part of Aldra’s inner circle.

“The Weyr is much more accepting of that attitude. No pressure to wed and no worries about parents arranging marriage to a troll.” Kordiavis grinned as he recalled a conversation they had so long ago with Aldra among them, discussing their dream woman and their fears of what their lordly fathers would end up picking out for them. Kordiavis never had to fear such things but he always suspected if Lord Ista himself didn’t decide to ‘help’ his young ward out then Aldra would drag him into the mess and insist on a marriage for him as well. Yes, Weyr life was a lot better.

Z'kel
of Green Seravath

Date of Birth
09.10.717 AL, 27
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue-green
Build
Rich
Hair

Threads

“Well, someone’s going to need to keep you up to date with these things. How do I get mail to the Weyr, I’ll write you all the more interesting goings on at Tillek,” Tazikel decided. He was a little surprised Aldra hadn’t shared the information - especially since he and Batenkel were technically brothers through their wives now, but Aldra sometimes had a weird sense of what was important.

“Sounds like a nice way to live,” he laughed, wishing he could put off marriage indefinitely - it just seemed so limiting. Not that he was completely against marriage or anything, in fact Tazikel thought he might even enjoy it one day, but that day was far in the future. He would like to enjoy his unattached youth a while longer before he was handed more responsibilities and expected to have children. If he got lucky, he’d have some say in who he married, and actually like the woman. For now, though, Tazikel would like to avoid the whole process.

“Speaking of trolls, tell me, honest opinion; between Hold and Weyr, which girls are prettier?” Did Tazikel really care about the answer? Not at all, though if Kordiavis said Weyr girls were gorgeous he may need to arrange to meet a few, but it was an easy topic for banter. It also didn’t require him to keep thinking on his inevitable marriage. And maybe he’d be able to tease Kordiavis more along the way.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Kordiavis gave Tazikel a flat look. Really? He had to ask how to send mail to him? "I suppose you can go the dragonless route which might reach me in a month or two. Or perhaps a dragonrider wouldn't mind being your personal messenger. Or you could borrow a firelizard since I assume you don't have one of your own or it'd be here pestering us." They were cute, sure, but annoying things that liked to pop up randomly. He'd also heard tales of some of them accidentally ratting out people because of their love to share what they saw with their owner. "But you're resourceful, you'll figure it all out." He grinned, startled at how much he actually had missed this friend from his old life and did want to keep in touch more, even if it did come with some boring lord drama.

"Weyr," Kordiavis didn't hesitate to answer and it was an honest opinion as well, not just because he was jaded from a Holder. "But my dear Tazikel, you are not ready to handle a woman from a Weyr. They will rock your world and leave you begging for more. Don't even get me started on ones born or raised in Katila. Wild, my friend." He didn't look down upon Mylorah or any of the others he knew were from Katila, but they definitely did have their own uniqueness to them. They knew next to nothing about Hold life and weren't nearly as refined or as subtle as Holders or even older weyrfolk, but it was charming as well. Still, Tazikel sounded like he had little to do with the Weyrs and would be in way over his head the first time or two he interacted with a Weyr girl. Kordiavis kind of wanted to see that happen so he could tease him about it for quite some time to come.

"Come visit me sometime and see for yourself. You know how hot Ista gets and how little layers weyrfolk prefer to wear. You can see if I'm right regarding prettiness and if you could handle one of them."

Z'kel
of Green Seravath

Date of Birth
09.10.717 AL, 27
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue-green
Build
Rich
Hair

Threads

Tazikel rolled his eyes at Kordiavis’ expression. Of course he knew how to send mail, he’d just thought Kordiavis, as someone who actually lived in a Weyr, might have a suggestion of the best method. The way Tazikel usually sent letters was by runner, or carried by ship, depending on destination (Ista Weyr would probably be a ship, then a runner from the docks), and neither method was particularly fast. He was well aware of the time it took, since his father tended to prefer sending mail without getting dragons involved. Perhaps instead Tazikel could arrange for a rider to stop by every so often to pick up letters. His father certainly wouldn’t be doing it.

He laughed at his friend’s description of the women of the Weyrs. Kordiavis was most certainly exaggerating, though Tazikel didn’t doubt Weyrfolk were less reserved than the girls he was used to (he wasn’t above listening to gossip, after all). Always waiting for him to make the first move, they were, sometimes giving him significant looks but never more. Tiresome sometimes. Tazikel had no issue with initiating a dalliance, but still, it’d be nice to change things up sometimes. Keep it interesting.

“Arrange a ride for me and I’ll show up at your door for the full tour, hmn?” Tazikel smiled. A visit to the Weyr would be fascinating. He’d been to a very small number of Fort Weyr Hatchings, but he’d been stuck with his family the entire time and never gone outside the Hatching Grounds. No opportunities for exploration. Visiting Kordiavis provided a much better opportunity. “Maybe you can introduce me to a few of your special friends,” he added, teasing.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

"I just might do that for the entertainment it will bring me." Kordiavis snorted at the thought of Tazikel meeting some of his special friends. The man wouldn't know what to do with Misharan and even Mylorah would probably leave him speechless with how out going she was. Then there were the friends those two kept trying to foist upon him like R'dal--did anyone know how to handle that kid? He lived in his own world but he did give good hugs. He was about to comment further when he realised they were still milling about the stalls and some people seemed annoyed by them standing in the way of the wares.

"Let me buy you a drink before you flitter off to the next shiny thing to catch your eye." He was headed to the beer tent soon anyway, might as well bring a friend along with him for a drink. He figured they had a lot more to catch up on than gossiping about girls and first sons so sitting with a drink in hand seemed a far better way to do so than out in the open surrounded by nosy vendors.

Besides, while he wasn't going to admit it, he really had missed Tazikel and having him around dragging him along on whatever adventure he was struck with that day. Kordiavis still preferred his alone time and would no doubt still have plenty of time that day to wander solo, but right then he wanted to be social.

Z'kel
of Green Seravath

Date of Birth
09.10.717 AL, 27
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Blue-green
Build
Rich
Hair

Threads

“I can work with that,” Tazikel said, resisting the urge to sling his arm companionably around Kordiavis’ shoulder since they were in a stall and would need to move soon if they wanted those drinks. “Here, did you find everything you came to this stand for?” he asked with a look at the art stuff Kordiavis was holding. Tazikel had never really gotten into art, so he had no idea what at least half the stuff in the stall was for or why Kordiavis would want it beyond ‘probably makes pretty marks on things.’

As soon as Kordiavis had gathered everything he wanted for the moment and paid for it - Tazikel almost offered to pay, but he wasn’t sure if Kordiavis’ pride would allow it, so he stayed quiet - the two of them headed off. Tazikel let Kordiavis lead the way; drinks were his idea, after all, so he got to choose where they went. As long as they weren’t getting wine Tazikel wasn’t particularly picky about his alcohol, and there was no way Kordiavis had forgotten that, so he trusted his friend’s judgement. Hopefully his friend wouldn’t give him any reason to regret that decision with poor drink choices. Catching up was so much easier when you had a decent drink in your hand.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)