World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] [EVENT] 740.07.17 | Welcome Respite
2:00pm

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
Another day, another gather. It was gather season and Raigan had damn had enough of them. Wife wasting his marks on shit she didn't need and crafters trying to bilk him out of marks on runners who weren't fit to shit on his hold much less be purchased by him. He knew what he was doing and after the third time, a breeder tried to sell him a swaybacked, old fleabag he'd had enough. He'd politely told the beastcrafter who he was and what he did for a living, the man's eyes had bulged when Raigan mention the craft master hearing about the man's idoicy and Raigan had a jolt of pleasure seeing the fear there. Big hands, smoothed rumpled shirts and Raigan had walked away from the man without breaking a sweat.

Fear and domination was the only thing people like them knew and Raigan was never above instilling both inside someone far inferior to him. He was dressed well, a mark of his station - though minor as it was - and the pressed and starched clothing were finely made. Slender, blunt-tipped fingers snapped the cuff of his shirt straight as he continued on, perhaps to find a toy for his children. Railan would enjoy a new suit, perhaps a pup to sooth his heir's mind. He didn't like the boy but he had no other and Leila wasn't producing again. His daughters were not fit to rule. One a bastard as it were and though his oldest was as ruthless as he was, she was not fit.

He sighed as he walked on. A pup for Railan would do fine. Naia a pretty little bauble and she would be happy. A gift for Leila to keep her judgment silent even if he knew the gift she wanted was not bought but given. He had no desire to give it to her, instead, he gave it to the kitchen workers and maids. They at least had no ulterior motive outside the pleasure he gave. A loveless heart was what his wife wanted and he had nothing left to give her.

He snarled as his shoulder was bumped, "Watch where you're fucking going," he hissed at the stumbling body of a gather goer. Disgusting wretches drunk on fine Benden wine and whatever else they could throw together. Brushing at his shoulder, disgust plain on his face, Raigan made his way towards a stall he could shade himself with. A fine place to watch and judge and perhaps find something to make his time at the gather worthwhile. A nice diversion. A good fuck hid behind something. There was nothing else a gather had to offer really.

He sighed again and watched people milling about. And waited.

PA - First Post!

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
R’dal was having a great time! So many people to meet, people he already knew he could see again, shopping, eating… so many things! He was currently flitting about from stall to stall, looking at the wares, poking at some, oohing at others, and finally buying something for some of his siblings. He had to get things for the other siblings still and then of course he wanted to spoil some friends, but he was off to a good start! He really wanted to find F’drel something amazing, maybe something for his wall since his weyr was so… empty and cold. Not actually cold because Ista but cold with how lifeless it was. It didn’t show any of his personality and R’dal wanted to see his friend come out of his shell a bit more, especially in his own home if nowhere else. So he was on the hunt for the perfect painting or wall tapestry.

He glanced up when he heard someone growl at other people and saw a drunk pair stumbling away from a finely dressed and cranky man. R’dal frowned at the interaction, both sad by the behaviour of the pair and the language the man had used. He wasn’t a prude, though! It wasn’t like the cussing had offended him but it made R’dal think the man was already in a bad mood and maybe he was lonely and needed a companion. He felt that assumption was correct when he watched the man move to the side and stand in the shade, perhaps watching the people in general or maybe waiting for someone specific.

Either way, R’dal was intrigued and compelled to go over. So he did. “Hi!” He greeted when he was close to be seen as the speaker, giving his biggest smile he had. “They were totally rude bumping you like that. Are you okay?” R’dal didn’t touch his potential new friend—he learned not everyone liked the contact as much as he did and was working on boundaries still—but he did tilt his head and shift around as he inspected for injury or spilled drink.

“Wow! Your clothes are so cool! And very nice. Are they from a Telgar tailor?” One of his sisters would love a dress of such quality if he could find the right tailor.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
Fingers continued to worry at the button at the cuff of his shirt and eyes continued to watch. Those same eyes hooded and heavy as he watched an attractive man make his way towards him. Blue eyes scrutinized and studied, finding knots at the should proclaiming him dragonrider. Raigan knew these particular knots said more, a rider with a blue dragon and one with an innocent smile. Raigan liked the innocent ones the most. They were the easiest to try and the easiest to train. Not the easiest to throw away for all their tears and cries but sometimes it was quite worth the trouble.

Cruel mouth twisted into a welcoming smile. "Hello, rider," he echoed the man's greeting, "And indeed they were rude for such a thing. They did not even bother to apologize for their behavior." His head tilted down in a nod, "I'm perfectly fine, I thank you for your concern." Up and down, Raigan looked at the boy. For that was what he was, a rider who was barely older than his heir. Sometimes the young ones were the best ones. "Would you believe that they were not near as gallant as you to ask after my well being?" a shift of the body, slightly closer to the other man.

He brushed a hand down the front of his shirt off as R'dal complimented his clothing. Exuberant and innocent, Raigan had a feeling this one would be quite deliciously fun. He was vain enough to appreciate the glee in his voice at the sight of his clothing. Raigan had paid a pretty piece for this new wardrobe recently and he was glad to know his money was not wasted. "Mmm," he murmured quietly eyes never leaving the happy face before him, "I have one in my employ at home. He does a fine job at fitting it properly. Don't you agree?"

Hand drifted up and was held out towards the rider, "Lord Raigan of Keroon and who do I have the pleasure of speaking to?" A special emphasis on the word pleasure could be plainly heard. It didn't matter if the subtlety of it was lost on the lad, Raigan had no doubts there would be something pleasurable had from this encounter.

PA - First Post!

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
"I do agree!" R'dal nodded enthusiastically for emphasis. How cool was it to have a tailor all to yourself? Well, maybe a little selfish but if there were enough tailors to still go around, then it was okay and totally cool! Although it meant he wouldn't be getting such a finely made dress for a sister that day. Unless the man lived in the area or needed a ride home!

He was about to ask when a hand lifted and introductions were given. Lord of Keroon? So cool! R'dal took the offered hand and shook it as politely as he could, remembering some of his lessons. Lords didn't always appreciate a bouncy bluerider full of excitement. "I'm R'dal of blue Edath. The pleasure is mine, Lord Raigan." It really was a pleasure! Raigan was so well put together from clothes to attitude and he was really nice. See? The cussing and yelling was due to a moment of being upset and probably being alone. Now that he had someone to talk to, everything was looking up.

R'dal glanced around to verify that Raigan really was alone and frowned a little when it seemed he was. "Shouldn't Lords have someone with them for protection or something? What if someone's angry about... well, I don't really know what holders would get angry over but something could happen! Then again, the Weyrleaders don't really have that either, unless you count the Weyrsecond sometimes tagging along on business, but my dad usually just does things on his own." R'dal giggled softly and ran a hand through his hair, messing up the style more than it likely already had been. "Sorry, babbling. But I was trying to say if you aren't waiting for anyone, I'd like to keep you company for a bit. I'm sure I'm not the most intimidating bluerider around but I can try! And I've never talked with a Lord before and I'd like to keep talking with you." Whoops, he was possibly forgetting those lessons about not being too enthusiastic. But Raigan was nice enough that he wouldn't mind the bit of slipping up, R'dal was certain!

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)