World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] [EVENT] 740.07.17 | Do the thing
12:00pm

A'dis
of Bronze Obaranth

Date of Birth
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: Jenn
A'dis was not generally one who partook in a gather, preferring instead to remain at the weyr and in the comfort of his own place, but Obaranth had insisted they go. There really was no reason not too and A'dis couldn't think of an excuse that the big bronze would be willing to accept so to the gather they had gone. Obaranth had been right though, they were a bronzepair from Telgar, it was useful to A'dis to make an appearance at the Telgar Hold gather.

And it would have been stupid not too

He grunted in agreement as he wandered around the merchant shops. He wanted to find Vessa something as a gift. Something that would remind her of both himself - a selfish move on his part but he didn't care - and something that would remind her of Tiath. He smiled at the thought of the green Vessa had impressed. Her color had meant nothing to A'dis or Obaranth, it only mattered that Vessa had finally done what she wanted. Gotten a dragon.

Tiath is a stunning green. When she flies I will surely catch her, the bronze told him with firm confidence in his abilities. You know you might not. Maybe some slinky blue or faster brown will, he laughed and was rewarded with a deep grumble from the bronze. Fingers tapped his leg as he continued to search. Somewhere around here was the thing he was looking for. It was just a matter of finding it. Hands grabbed and studied before putting back. Merchants smiling and trying to sell things to him. There was so much happening and going on, A'dis was almost lost in the crush of it.

Just breathe, you're fine. He could feel the mental eye-roll his dragon gave him and A'dis wanted to stick his tongue out at him but refrained. It wouldn't be very mature walking around with his tongue hanging out of his head. He shook his head politely as a crafter tried to catch his eye with something he knew without looking wouldn't work. And he continued on. Maybe he'd find something to eat, there were always food stalls and A'dis went in search of one.

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Mylorah had just left T’ryn and Vaera alone together and she was feeling pretty confident about that pair! Vaera was sweet and seemed quite into T’ryn and while her brother seemed to be his usual awkward self, he also seemed to be warming up a bit so it had been the perfect opportunity to leave them alone and let them get to know each other better. She hoped it worked out! She was already a huge fan of Vaera and wanted to see more of the girl.

Of course, in her excitement over the pair, she forgot she had wanted to update Madiquel on the progress already being made. Mylorah had seen the way Madiquel’s eyes had lit up when the two met and she knew she’d have a partner when it came to finding the right person for T’ryn. But she had already skipped merrily off to find the dance area and didn’t want to turn back now, making it all the more obvious that she had forgotten to do what she said she would do within seconds of stating it.

Turned out, it was for the best when she saw A’dis poking around the stalls that she was for the most part ignoring. She didn’t have any need for baubles or anything really. She grew up with very little while living in Katila and the move North hadn’t changed her desires so she didn’t think she’d do much shopping at all that day. Maybe for some sweets given that was definitely something she loved.

“A’dis!” She called out as she skipped up to him, dodging out of the way of a couple that were walking and not looking where they were going. She laughed as she spun around and came up beside the sexy bronzerider. What was it with her and bronzeriders? She had a bit of a crush on N’mor when they were much younger, had a thing for T’drin recently, and A’dis… he was quite possibly the most delicious of them all. And sadly taken now. But she was happy for him having found someone that could dote on him and love him as much as he deserved. She loved him, like she did all of her friends, but Mylorah knew she was a bit broken inside and couldn’t entirely open up and let someone in like that.

Mylorah looped her arm with his and leaned up to give him a quick kiss to the cheek. “I’ve missed you! How is my favourite bronzerider that I’m not related to? Did Vessaelia come?” She gave a quick glance around them, looking for the brilliant copper hair but didn’t see it. Maybe she hadn’t felt like socializing and dealing with the jerks that were bound to pick on her for being a greenrider.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

A'dis
of Bronze Obaranth

Date of Birth
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

Hands were running over a pretty piece of cloth when he heard his name. Spinning he caught sight of Mylorah skipping her way towards him and immediately blushed. Mylorah, he remembered quite well and he could feel Obaranth's deep amusement at the back of his mind. Poking the bronze with a thread, A'dis smiled brightly at the girl, "Mylorah! How've you bee." He leaned forward to politely plant a kiss on her cheek as she looped her arm with his. Ears red with passionate memories, A'dis cleared his and chuckled. "Now, I heard there was another bronzerider that was your favorite," he told her with an echo of Obaranth's amusement.

Mylorah was wicked and fun and everything A'dis was not. Oh they'd had a good time when they'd hooked up before, A'dis couldn't deny that but she was something he couldn't contain and she'd flittered away from him after it all. He was of the mind the girl was far too free to ever settle down with any one person. He didn't mind that, A'dis was accepting of everything as long as people were happy in it. Now they were simply friends and A'dis knew that was for the best. "She did," he said with a quick downturn of his lips, "But she needed time to herself so I think she's off dancing."

He understood Vessaelia when she'd demanded alone time during the gather and hadn't argued. He knew she was having a hard time with Tiath and coming to grips with being on a green. He knew her secret dreams of being a goldrider, but he didn't understand why it had been so very important. It didn't matter to A'dis or Obaranth what color Vess sat, they adored her anyway. And Obaranth was quite taken with Tiath and A'dis secretly hoped she'd be the only dragon the bronze would chase once she rose. The bronze hadn't assured him one way or another when he'd voiced that concern, simply sat there like a smug lump.

"Say," he started with a pause before continuing, "I'm trying to find something to gift her. Something to make her smile and I can't figure it out. Help me please?" The last was said with a hint of a beg but A'dis was never above begging the help of a pretty girl if it meant making someone happy.

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"Nuh-uh," Mylorah shook her head to help with the denial, "he's definitely given you a run for your money but you're still my favourite, Flower." She had been calling him that longer than he had been a bronzerider but Mylorah couldn't help it. When he asked her early on about the name, she said it was because he had given her a flower to cheer her up when she was having an oddly low day. That was only part of the truth. He just reminded her of a flower with how beautiful, sweet, and fragile he was. A'dis could be strong when warranted and arrogant as a rule thanks to Obaranth's hide, but she also had seen him grow up unloved by parents and seem a bit withdrawn. She knew she was messed up from her own upbringing but it wasn't nearly as bad as what A'dis seemed to have. His gorgeous eyes may have been what attracted her to him as they got older, but the hidden person beneath the exterior everyone got to see was what initially drew her in.

"Well, if you need a dance partner while she's occupied, I guess I can suffer through some stomped toes for you," Mylorah teased, tongue sticking out briefly before kissing his cheek again. She slipped free of their linked arms to consider the stall they were standing near as he adorably begged. A'dis had it bad for this girl! Mylorah was a bit worried at first, knowing Vessaelia liked to Flight-moth and might not stick around but then she did and the pair seemed happy together from the rare glimpses she saw of them when visiting Telgar. Then she worried again when Vessaelia Impressed green and had a meltdown but Mylorah had heard she was improving.

"Darling, your very existence makes her smile, trust me," Mylorah smiled over her shoulder at A'dis but then went back to checking out the goods. He was onto something with this, but Mylorah wasn't exactly the best person for picking out gifts either. What was decent-priced or too much? What would someone else want? Vessaelia was a girly-girl so the easiest answer wsa a dress. Oh, maybe something for her hair!

"She has hair that anyone would be envious of, so why not get her a fancy clip for it?" Mylorah herself was fine with just a piece of string to tie her hair back when needed--which was why she wore it down in her usual style that day for the Gather--but Vessaelia seemed the sort to keep it pinned up with something fancy that drew the eye.

"T'ryn tells me that Holders seem to like jewellery as well so maybe a necklace?" She herself was actually wearing one for a change though it was only the simple ring that belonged to her grandmother on a strip of leather.

A'dis
of Bronze Obaranth

Date of Birth
Height
6'1
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown

Threads

"Sure, sure," he laughed when she disagreed with him. Flower. He'd forgotten she named him that and grinned at her instead of grimacing like he used to. It did his heart good to know that she remembered it. And the reason. A'dis never liked his friends to be sad and had made the effort to cheer her up when she was down. She was a good person, a good friend and A'dis would lay into anyone who treated her poorly.

He laughed, eyes sparkling with humor at her words, "I've never stomped on your feet a single time Mylorah and you know it." Not on purpose anyway but he was enjoying the back and forth enough to defend himself against her. "I don't know about that anymore," he muttered under his breath. Vessaelia had such a hard time when she'd impressed Tiath that for a while he'd thought she would shove him away. She hadn't of course and now the only thing that A'dis could do was try to make sure she had a better go of being impressed to a green. She was a lot stronger than she gave herself credit for.

A'dis let Mylorah tug him around as she shifted through the items in the stall, his bright eyes watching the things she grabbed and discarded, she was always going and going. "Her hair is amazing," he agreed and a soft smile curved his lips when he thought about sinking his fingers into it. He remembered the first time he did that and A'dis could feel a hot blush forming along his ears. Clearing his throat he said, "Set it aside. I've got enough marks I can probably get more than one thing.

Blunt tipped fingers touched a particularly nice necklace and he lifted it up to look closer at it. It was soft, the setting elegant and the stone bright. "Should I get her more than just jewelry?" he questioned earnestly. Maybe jewelry and a shawl or something. "Maybe some clothing?"

PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah had seen the blush creep across A'dis' face when they started talking about Vessaelia's hair and she had to bite he lip to keep from smiling too much. She had no idea what brought it on but it was clearly some intimate moment that he enjoyed but was embarrassed to recall in public so she didn't press him on it. It was so easy to tease certain friends and A'dis' mood that day showed she could definitely continue their banter but she didn't want to over step and make him uncomfortable either.

She did smile when he put aside one item and thought about getting Vessaelia more things. He had it so bad for the redhead! A'dis was such a sweet man and Mylorah wished she wasn't the way she was as she would have loved to snatch him up for her own. But it wouldn't work out. She feared loving someone too deeply and having them leave her in one way or another and A'dis needed that deep love returned because that was the only way he knew that emotion when he gave it.

"Well, she is the girliest ex-holder to ever exist so I think a dress is a safe option as well. We can look for that next when you're done here." Mylorah glanced at the necklace A'dis seemed to be considering and wondered if he got it if they should match a dress to it. "Oh! You are brilliant, A'dis! A hair clip, a necklace, dress, I dunno... a shawl or something to go with it... and tell her it's for a special night you have planned. Do a romantic picnic even if it's only on your ledge because of any travel restrictions she still has."

Mylorah was admittedly too excited for this idea when she wasn't even going to be a part of it and didn't know if A'dis would even do it but she couldn't help herself from bouncing on the balls of her feet and smiling brightly as she continued, "And! You can tell her you love her. If you haven't already but I bet you guys haven't really had that talk yet, have you? Even if you have, she probably needs to hear it again with the whole green dragon thing." Vessaelia was so damned girly that she would probably melt into a happy puddle of goo right then and there--probably after she burst into happy tears or something. The girl did seem prone to that.

"You'd probably even win me over with all of that, Flower," Mylorah giggled, all too well aware of how true that might be with the right person, timing, promises, mood....

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)