World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [EVENT] 740.07.17 | A Break From the Norm
1pm | Beckitt

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Vessaelia had debated long and hard about the Telgar Gather. Everyone had been excited for the weeks leading up to it but she hadn’t been. She loved Gathers, had always been thrilled when one came to the area and she’d dress up and do her hair in cute styles and spend the day roaming around and dancing. But that was then, when she wasn’t a dragonrider of the shameful green.

She could admit she’d made a lot of progress in accepting the not-so little green since their Impression but Vessaelia still wasn’t entirely comfortable with Tiath being green. She had the poise and attitude of a gold and yes, she had hoped for a mis-colouring issue like with Faxxonth when the news spread to their class but still, they were a green pair. At least Tiath was smart, calm, and not a ditzy slutty dragon like most greens seemed to be. Of course she also hadn’t had her maiden Flight yet and Vessaelia hoped that her cycle wasn’t too regular and that A’dis and his beautiful sweet bronze would still want them and chase every time regardless.

Oh, A’dis. That had been a challenge as well. He always said he still wanted her and didn’t care about Tiath’s colour but Vessaelia couldn’t help but wonder how true it was and worry that one day Tiath wouldn’t be enough to be a bronze’s mate and she’d have to watch A’dis spend more time with a goldrider and probably end up falling for her. She liked to believe she was being silly and so far it seemed to be true but it was hard to shake away fears and ideas once they latched onto her.

But the Gather… she wanted to hide from it for the usual reasons of still stirring up the gossip-mongers when they saw her and remembered how she cried over getting a green instead of gold. She could hear their comments sometimes and how unkind they were about her, Tiath, A’dis, even the other female greenriders in her class. Most of the time she ignored them, pulling from Tiath’s lectures of being a lady and not addressing them. Other times she would snap and yell at the jerk who thought he was so much better than her when he didn’t have a dragon at all. Confronting them always left her in a strange mixture of shaking as she hated such interactions but pleased and oddly satisfied, like she had needed to get that off her chest.

Then, on the morning of the Gather when Indivara was making the rounds to inspect the dragons and give the final approval for each one to go, Vessaelia had a break through. She wanted to go. She wanted to show everyone how well she was doing and how their words didn’t get her down and how strong she was getting both physically and emotionally. She also really wanted to get out of the Weyr for a day. Indivara seemed pleased but it was hard to tell given how well she hid her emotions but Vessaelia was taking the raised eyebrow and slight nod as a good sign. After they were dismissed to finish getting ready, Vessaelia slipped on her prettiest dress and did her hair up in a flower crown that left most of her long hair flowing down her back.

She had made plans to spend some of the day with A’dis but she had also informed him that she needed a bit of time to herself, away from Tiath stuck in the field with the other dragons, away from her classmates, and just away. She wanted to roam around for a bit and forget all her worries as she tried various foods and shopped. But they would dance and wander together, holding hands and being adorable, she promised them both.

Now, she found herself doing that wandering thing, feeling extremely cute and smiling as the break from routine and everything lifted a lot of her stress. She had just finished eating a cinnamon roll from a stall of delightful bakers and was roaming from stall to stall to just look at the wares when she heard someone call out her name. Turning, Vessaelia frowned when she didn’t immediately spot who would have called to her and then nearly gawked when she saw the man. “Kitt?” She hadn’t seen the man since well before she Impressed thanks to all of her time with A’dis, though she certainly couldn’t forget their time together either. But since Tiath’s appearance, Vessaelia had found herself busy raising a dragon and avoiding as many people as possible in her down time. If he had come to Telgar for any other Hatchings since hers, she definitely didn’t notice. Seeing the man now left her feeling bad about that behaviour.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Dark brown, trusting, and frequently lit up with laughter.
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
Beckitt had just arrived a little before with the others from Ista. While Mylorah and the others beelined for dancing or shopping, he gave himself time to slowly take everything in, savoring the smells of roasts and goodies reserved for special occasions and the sounds of harpers carefully tuning their instruments or warming up their voices for the long day and night ahead.

Figuring it would be a while before the harpers really got into the swing of things, he detoured to investigate the market stalls to see what was on offer. Plenty of stalls sold fripperies or small items he could use as gifts for friends, he thought. He spent some of his precious collection of marks on sweets to savor later with Mylo, then spotted a familiar flash of bright copper hair as he left the stall, tucking the sweets in his bag.

“Vessa!” He called over to her with a wide grin. Between being at different Weyrs and her busy schedule, he had hardly seen her since before her Impression. He waved when she glanced his way and laughed at her incredulous greeting.

“I haven’t changed that much have I?” He asked with a chuckle, unaware that he had in fact. Seeing his reflection every day he had no idea how much a few short years had changed his facial structure from a gawky 16 year old with potential to a handsome young man.

Beckitt pulled the young woman into an enthusiastic hug as she came over. “How are you? It’s been ages!” He urged her into a twirl to show off her pretty dress. “You look fantastic, by the way.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

Vessaelia laughed as she did the requested twirl, loving the way the dress flared out as she did so. It was a rather cute dress and she had no problems with showing it off and in fact loved that it was being admired. More people should be doing so! But as she finished the twirl and smiled at the compliment, she leaned back in to cup his cheek and her smile softened to one of fond memories. “And no, you haven’t really changed, well, I guess you have. More chiselled but still you. I was just surprised to see you.”

She hated to admit to being a bit too busy sulking for nearly a year to notice much outside of her dragon and her sexy bronzerider that she was just now able to be intimate with again. Tiath was a mature girl and had been fine with them together for a while but Vessaelia had still held off more for her own beliefs that A’dis wouldn’t really want her. Maybe she had him work a bit harder for her affections at times but she finally gave in once more and clung rather tightly to him.

Speaking of clinging tightly to her bronzerider, Vessaelia stepped back out of Beckitt’s personal bubble, lowering her hand back to her side. “I’ve been… occupied, I suppose is the politest way to put things. Weyrlinghood is quite the adventure!” She laughed again, trying to make light of it all. Of course a lot of the struggles were partly due to her being a woman and being picked on but also because she had added to it by not entirely applying herself. She did just enough to learn the lessons, show she could do the task, and move on.

“You, however, will have no issues with it when your dragon finds you.” She had no doubt Beckitt would be perfect as a dragonrider, and not just because he was born into the Weyr. He was a constant fount of positivity, a quick learner, and great with his hands—in crafting, of course, though perhaps she recalled in other ways as well—so tending to the dragon and gear would be easy work.

“But how have you been, Kitt?”

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

Beckitt smiled, happy to see she was relatively more collected and happy despite the shock and withdrawal over the past year. He had of course been present at the dramatic hatching, but had escaped her notice in all the emotion afterwards. After four turns of standing for any clutch he could and observing the mayhem and strong emotions at each, he could empathize with how overwhelmed she had undoubtedly been.

While he understood the desire for the status of a gold or a bronze, having seen the types of riders they sometimes attracted he didn’t personally see the appeal. He didn’t believe in judging a dragon by its hide, or a rider by their dragon. He had known plenty of seemingly mismatched pairs, and while it wasn’t always true, they frequently balanced each other out.

He shook his head slightly, snapping out of his thoughts. “Hmm? Oh, I’ve been fine. Busy with constant lessons, but I’m sure you know how that is,” he added with a laugh. “I’d kill for some new material though. I swear it all starts running together after 4 turns.” Kitt grinned.

“Still, the lack of intimacy restrictions can’t be beat. I have no clue how Casa got through weyrlinghood sane,” he teased with a chuckle. “What about you? Seeing anyone now that you’re able to again?” Beckitt winked.

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

Vessaelia laughed in agreement at the classes all blurring together. She was actually lucky and didn't have to attend that many thanks to living in Telgar and only Standing for gold. She often sat in on classes for refreshers until the eggs were on the Sands and they confirmed there wasn't a gold. But she did feel bad for the boys that had been waiting as long or longer than she had and had to take the classes again and again to ensure they were ready. Poor Beckitt! His day would come soon, she knew it!

"You do have a point with that rule, though! I was with bronzerider A'dis before Impressing and had to put that aside for quite a while," truthfully, Tiath was probably the first in her class to be okay with the idea of sharing given her maturity and nothing fazing her, but Vessaelia kept waiting anyway. "We're still together and meeting a bit later today. Sorry, Kitt!" She laughed, teasing the man about missing out on another chance with her and couldn't resist sticking her tongue out at him as well.

Ladies shouldn't do that in public. It invites all forms of trouble.

Vessaelia rolled her eyes. "My dragon doesn't know what fun is and told me to stop sticking my tongue out at you. She's afraid of what it might start," she paused, sighing, "I guess she's right. I don't want a fight because someone thought I was rude and I don't want to tempt you with reminders of what my tongue can do. Speaking of that, anyone you're seeing regularly?" She liked flirting with him but also felt a bit bad since it couldn't go anywhere anymore. Maybe she'd just get him accidentally riled up and he'd go find his current bedmate.

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

Kitt laughed brightly at her teasing and explanation of her dragon’s disapproval. “Then I’ll refrain from sticking mine out in return lest it remind you of anything improper,” he replied with an exaggerated wink. “I’m happy for you and A’dis; you make a good match.”

Her question startled another laugh out of him. “Several someones, but none of it serious.” He grinned, thinking of the fun he’d had the other night with Mylo. He hadn’t seen R’dal or R’dare as much lately with them stationed at Fort, but every now and then he managed to mooch a ride over or convince them to come visit.

Unfortunately, the one I’ve been trying to get to notice me for ages still thinks of me as a little kid he met in Katilia. I’m desperate enough to try flight mothing to get his attention but he’s a green.” J’shom was either purposely ignoring his flirtation or the ex-Harper was oblivious to it, and it was beginning to drive him crazy. The man was older, extremely attractive, and Beckitt had been crushing on him for several turns now. At least they still were able to talk about music; maybe he could bring the Harper back a new song from the gather? One of the bawdy ones.

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

Vessaelia knew all about Flight mothing. Being a proper Holder girl, most people wouldn't have believed she would take to the act but the first time she was brought along on one, she had loved it. It was thrilling and wild and so very not what you did in a Hold! She was going to strongly urge Beckitt to give it a shot and give him pointers on positioning himself in the right place and timing to get his rider but then the kicker to the story came in. "Oh, Kitt," she frowned, feeling the frustration her friend must have been going through. You couldn't Flight moth the greenrider no matter how hard you tried--unless the victor was willing to share and from what she knew about Flights and the dragonlust, it probably wasn't going to happen. Possessive men being possesive with the power of a dragon in them. Not a good combination.

"Hmm, I guess you could try being straightforward. Just tell him you're interested in him. Some men cannot do subtle and need to be slapped in the face with the bluntness of your attraction. But don't literally slap him!" Vessaelia laughed, imagining physical attacks as a mating call. She had enjoyed being more roughly handled than usual during the loser sex after a Flight but she most certainly would not have been attracted to anyone that purposely punched her while declaring their attraction to her.

"Is he in Telgar? I can try hyping you up to him," honestly, she hadn't really socialized much outside of her class and A'dis but she'd eventually have to spread out once more and speaking with other greenriders seemed like a wise idea. They would have more knowledge and secrets than what could be taught openly and she worried that as a female rider, she'd be getting a lot more unwanted attention during Flights or otherwise. "But really, just talk to him. Maybe he likes you too and thinks he's misreading your advances." She hoped that was the case and the greenrider was trying to politely let Beckitt down by ignoring any flirting.

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

Kitt laughed as she advocated direct action and metaphorical slapping the greenrider in the face with his confession. “I guess. I was thinking of bringing him back a bawdy song from the gather. He’s a Harper too,” he explained. “And we have a bit of a game of making harmonies for new songs we find.”

“He’s at Ista like me,” which made the crush harder to ignore. “But he’s all over the place as a search rider. I think that’s why he didn’t come to the gather; didn’t want to risk Searching more holders and spoiling the mood of the party,” he shrugged with a laugh.

He rubbed the back of his neck. “I dunno. We’ll see. Maybe after the hatching. Don’t want to risk it if I Impress. He’ll still be oblivious in a few weeks anyway, right?” Kitt joked with a smile. "For now, maybe just the song thing."

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

“Oh, Kitten,” Vessaelia sighed the nickname and frowned, sad for the man that seemed to have it bad but it wasn’t returned. Since coming to the Weyr, she had been lucky with finding attention and having someone she thought was cute like her enough for a night of fun—before A’dis, of course! She still couldn’t believe how lucky she had been. A simple stop and talk to the gorgeous yet upset bronzerider had led to so much more with a strong attraction between them. Of course Tiath had been a bucket of water on them and had them cooling right down for nearly a turn, which was probably also for the best since it meant they talked more than they got physical.

Maybe a break away from A’dis for a few hours was too much to ask of herself. She was supposed to be taking time away for herself, not constantly thinking about the man! Vessaelia mentally shoved his gorgeous image aside and focused on her almost forgotten friend that she wanted to help and keep in touch with more after this.

“You really know how to pick them, huh?” She smiled, trying to lighten the mood, though she now worried the greenrider that was also a Harper and Searchrider might never notice his feelings just based on how busy he was. Maybe he didn’t want anything serious because of that? She hoped he was just obtuse and Beckitt wasn’t loud enough in his advances and they worked it out. After the Hatching.

“You’re definitely on to something there! Even though I had set my hopes on Impressing the night that I did, I still wasn’t prepared to distance myself from A’dis. An even fresher romance will be even harder to put on hold.” She smiled again while linking their arms together. They’d been loitering in front of the stall long enough that she worried the crafter would yell soon if they didn’t buy something or just move for actual customers.

She guided them just off the beaten path of vendors, knowing what she had to say next would be frowned upon if overheard, which was why Vessaelia also leaned in and whispered, “don’t pursue him until after the Hatching but I suggest having as much casual sex as possible leading up to it. It’s a long drought to get through even when prepared.”

She gave him a wicked grin, walking the line of decency, especially since she had someone steady herself, “especially since I know how thirsty you can be.”

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

“I’ll be fine, Vessa, really.” He laughed. “The concern is sweet though. I’m not a wherry-headed teen over him. Not anymore at least,” he grinned. Beckitt let her guide them away, flashing the seller an apologetic smile for not even glancing at their goods.

“I knew him in Katilia, actually. So it’s not exactly a new flame or anything I have any expectations about.” He almost choked at her suggestion even though he saw the point in it. “I have plenty of friends to help out in the meantime. Just have to remind them they have dragons and can come visit me,” Kitt laughed.

The tease about his thirst had him blushing to the tips of his ears. “Only for gingers and brunettes,” he managed to tease back. “You’re playing with fire, Vess. Teasing me like that.” He kissed her cheek. “Come on, let’s go check out some stalls before we tempt each other into something you’ll regret.”

V'lia
of Green Tiath

Date of Birth
19.09.718, 26
Height
5'4
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Copper, long, wavy

Threads

“I just want you to be as happy as I am. Okay, in relationships. Everything else I want you happier in,” Vessaelia gave a small smile, mocking herself for all her difficulties that had been mostly self-made. She still wasn’t perfectly happy but she was getting there. But in love? Oh, she was happy and hoped she stayed that way despite a green dragon.

“And I can’t help flirting with a handsome men, you know that. But you’re right, I would have regrets,” she felt a bit bad that the regrets seemed to stem more from A’dis being hurt than actually feeling guilty about what she could have with Beckitt. She was a horrible person! Was this because she was a greenrider now and lacked morals? You know that is not true. You just need to sort yourself out. A’dis and Obaranath are good males and deserve better from you. Vessaelia winced as she was scolded but tried to hide it from Beckitt as she glanced away, pretending to look at other stalls like he suggested. She really hated that her dragon was becoming a voice of reason but in this case, appreciated it.

She didn’t let go of Beckitt’s arm as they continued to wander from stall to stall, not looking too hard at the wares while they continued to chat about various things, catching up on the past turn. She really needed this and found her mood brightening as the time passed by. Maybe she’d try to reconnect with other friends as well.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)