World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] [EVENT] 740.07.17 | Material Girl
5 PM | Nerreh

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Dark brown, trusting, and frequently lit up with laughter.
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
Beckitt headed toward the stalls for some shopping, whistling a fragment of the new tune he’d heard at the dance square, trying to memorize it. He still had a few marks left, and had toyed with the idea of getting some new trim to add to his shirt collars. He spotted Nerreh over by a stall selling leather goods and headed over.

“Heya, Nerreh,” he chirped, so they wouldn’t startle at his approach. “Looking for yourself or… something for Casa?” he grinned. “I doubt she wants a new belt, but that one would be good for you,” Kitt gestured to one with minimal frills but skillful tooling in geometric patterns.

As they moved away from the stall he slipped an arm through Nerreh’s. “How have you been? I think everything is finally maybe starting to settle down again after all the drama. Well,” his face twisted, “settle down isn’t quite right. Move past, maybe.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

N'reh
of Blue Faxxonth

Date of Birth
11.06.721 AL , 23
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Wiry
Hair
Dark brown, wavy

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Nerreh did, in fact, startle at Beckitt’s greeting, tensing up until he — she — he — fuck, Nerreh didn’t know anymore — until Nerreh figured out who it was who’d spoken. Ah, Beckitt, okay, that was fine. He wasn’t going to be a complete ass to Nerreh just cause he could. He was nice and fun to talk to.

“Hey, Birdy,” Nerreh said, holding up the two pairs of gloves he was holding, “I was trying to find some gloves for my little brother. Nice lined ones. I thought it might be easier to find them now, while it’s warm, instead of once it gets cold and everyone else needs them.” Probably cheaper too, since no one else was buying them, though she didn’t want to say that aloud in case the merchant heard him and jacked up the price in response. Still, the suggestion he was looking for something for Casa made Nerreh blush.

He had, in fact, already gotten something for her, a ‘sorry my dragon knocked up your dragon and it kept you from going to the Gather’ gift, something Nerreh would hopefully never have the opportunity to get someone again. Nerreh had remembered the bath bubbles she liked, and he found a small stand with all sorts of bath supplies, and he got Casa a few small bottles of different scented bath bubbles. He had no idea what scents Casa liked best, and as far as he could tell from sniffing them at the stall they all smelled pretty good. The vendor had asked if he was getting them for his girlfriend —clearly reading the dragonrider knots, short hair, and (very intentionally) flat chest and deciding Nerreh had to be a boy — and Nerreh had turned red, shaking her head very quickly to deny the suggestion. Nope, not his girlfriend, very much not his girlfriend, Casa was great but she was very happy as she was and Nerreh would never presume to try to pin her down. Into a relationship, anyway, she seemed to like being pinned down in… other contexts. Nerreh had wanted to avoid the vendor having a minor freak out when he spoke and sounded like a girl, so he’d pitched his voice lower when buying the bubbles to avoid such a reaction. Thankfully, the man didn’t seem to notice and Nerreh escaped without causing him to… he didn’t know, apologize profusely? Go into a tirade about how dragonriders let women get away with too much? Ugh.

Beckitt’s comment about people ‘moving past’ was met with a dark look and a groan. “Ista’s full of gossip whores,” Nerreh grumbled, putting one pair of gloves back down, deciding the darker brown pair was closer to what she was looking for, “and they never move past anything. Dragon memories may be relatively short, but human memories are annoyingly long lived.”

Sorry for all the pronoun switching, it's intentional and it should be pretty clear the pronouns are all referring to the same person. Nerreh is very confused about it all.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

“Gloves are a great gift! I’m sure your brother will love them.” He poked around the wares but didn’t really need anything from the stall. Kitt thanked the vendor for their time and waited while Nerreh finished their purchase. He laughed brightly at her assessment of Ista.

“Oh come on, Nerreh! You know all Weyrs are full of gossip whores. Ista’s not unique in that. I think it’s impressive Faxxoth caught a gold. You should be proud he’s faster and stronger than he looks.” He bumped her shoulder with his own with an encouraging smile. “Kinda like you.”

“Now come on- Gathers are for having fun and shopping, and I haven’t done nearly enough of either.” Beckitt grinned and tugged him along to a pair of fabric vendors. “Help me pick some new trims. I need someone with an eye for something other than just florals or I’ll be decked out like a mantle at Turnover in the middle of summer.”

N'reh
of Blue Faxxonth

Date of Birth
11.06.721 AL , 23
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Wiry
Hair
Dark brown, wavy

Threads

“I don’t care how impressive it is, I’d rather get fewer disgusted looks, thanks,” Nerreh said bitterly, appreciating the compliment to both her and her dragon but hating other people’s reactions more. He knew Faxx was amazing! Faxx knew he was amazing! They didn’t need all this sneering to know it, or prove it. And Thallyath was not pleased with Faxxonth after the tiny, tiny Clutch she laid which made hanging out with Casa awkward and Nerreh wished everyone would just forget all of it. The Weyrlings had started getting some questions about transferring Weyrs when they graduated, and Nerreh was seriously considering it. Not that the other Weyrs weren’t perfectly aware that Faxx caught a gold, but it might be less obvious, less pervasive in everything.

With a sigh, Nerreh let himself be pulled along by Beckitt, tucking the gloves away in a belt pouch until he had a chance to stop by Faxxonth and drop them off in his larger bag. “I’m not sure I really have an eye for anything, floral or otherwise, so I don’t think I’m gonna be much help to you,” she said, frowning at a display of ribbons. There were lots of colors and patterns and they were all kind of cool, Nerreh guessed. He didn’t know, all his clothes were really plain. Anything fancy had been a gift, and even most of his gifts were terribly practical and not overly decorative. Like the wherhide jacket Vaeyla had given him for Turn’s End before he Impressed, which was one of the highest quality things he owned but it wasn’t like, fancy.

“You’re gonna have to give me more guidance, Birdy, or I’m just gonna pick one at random and it’ll probably be shit.” He warned, squinting at some sort of lacy trim thing that would be burned before it found it’s way on her clothing, but was probably the sort of shit Beckitt wore in spades.

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

Beckitt’s face twisted in uncertainty. He sighed, deflating a bit. “I know. I just wanted to think about it positively. To try to help ignore them all. Because they’re stupid jerks and you don’t deserve that.”

He fidgeted, hesitating near one of the stalls. “You don’t have to if you don’t want to. I thought it could be fun to laugh over some of the more outrageous offerings. I’ll be done in another few, minutes and we can go find some food or a drink if you’d rather.” He slipped inside, leaving it up to Nerreh if he wanted to follow.

Sifting through a rummage bin he found scraps which could be pieced nicely and several fun buttons. He paired it all with a wide ribbon to use for a base, and paid, making a mental note of the vendor’s price. Kitt came back out, tucking his purchases carefully away and humming to himself again. Frankly he was a little surprised to find Nerreh still there. “So. Food? Drink? Venting in a quiet corner away from crowds about dumb Weyrfolk?” He tried to tease out a smile or a laugh.

N'reh
of Blue Faxxonth

Date of Birth
11.06.721 AL , 23
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Wiry
Hair
Dark brown, wavy

Threads

“If you want to laugh over outrageous clothing options, let’s find a stall that sells clothing for Holder ladies. Now that is some absurd shit,” Nerreh said, shaking her head. Dresses were bad enough, but Weyrfolk tended to wear looser things that were easy to move around and work in. Holder women, especially richer ones, wore the most ridiculous, impractical things.

He waited at the edge of the stall while Beckitt paid for whatever it was he was getting, and when his friend came back out Nerreh shrugged at his question. “Any of the above. All of the above. Or we could find the vendor with the most impractical dress at the Gather, if you wanted to do that. Maybe get food and eat the food while searching.” Nerreh smiled, already turning it into a game. “We could have an outrageous clothing scavenger hunt, even. Most impractical, most expensive, weirdest color, skimpiest thing the Holders are willing to put on display, that kind of thing. You in?” he asked, mischievous grin coming back.

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

“That sounds brilliant! Do I get bonus points if they’ll let me try it on?” He asked with a grin. Sure, that could get them in trouble if they got carried away, but it was good to see Nerreh smile with that hint of mischief again and he wanted to keep that expression on his friend’s face. Beckitt happily dragged Nerreh off in search of silly Holder outfits.

“Does it count if a holder is wearing the outfit?” He asked quietly as they snagged some food and a small skin of wine to share. “I feel like that should count for more because someone actually liked it enough to wear it. I mean, look at that one,” he subtly nodded his head toward one particularly tight gown. “And they call us Weyrfolk indecent; I don’t think she’s wearing anything under there.” Kitt stifled a laugh and moved along back toward the stalls.

N'reh
of Blue Faxxonth

Date of Birth
11.06.721 AL , 23
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Wiry
Hair
Dark brown, wavy

Threads

“Nope, no bonus points,” Nerreh said, “they’re finally really letting us have more free reign, I’d rather not get myself grounded or something so close to graduation.” If nothing else Faxxonth would throw a fit about not being able to explore like he wanted. And Nerreh didn’t want to have the Gather early.

Nerreh considered the question about worn outfits. “I mean, I guess? I just feel maybe that should be a separate tally. One for clothes being sold, one for clothes being worn.” That gave them more categories, anyway, so they could drag the hunt out longer if they wanted to. She looked around to find the person Beckitt was indicating, eyes eventually landing on the dress — and woman — in question. Oh, okay, yeah, that was a tight gown. Still…

"I'm not sure that’s really a problem, Kitt,” he said, watching as the woman walked out of view, “I mean really, shouldn’t we be encouraging the Holders to be a little more indecent? I dunno about you, but I’m not going to complain about women in tight dresses and no underthings.” Nerreh had priorities, after all. Showing support for attractive women wearing revealing outfits was one of them.

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

He laughed but accepted her reasoning on the bonus point proposal. He had after all been mostly joking on that point. “Fiiiine,” he replied in mock petulance, winking to show it was a joke.

Beckitt smirked as Nerreh caught sight of the woman he’d pointed out. “Oh I’m not complaining at all. Easier access is a fantastic thing.” He let his eyes follow her as she got further away. “It’s just fascinating to see a Holder so… liberated.” He took a bite of his food and walked with Nerreh through the crowds looking for other examples to add to their lists.

By the time they’d gotten back to the stalls they’d finished their food and Beckitt found a handkerchief they could wipe their hands on so none of the merchants could complain of sticky or grimy fingers on their wares. The last thing he needed was to end up having to /buy/ one of the overpriced outlandish costumes they were looking for.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)