World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [EVENT] 740.07.17 | Catching Up
3 PM | Mylorah

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Dark brown, trusting, and frequently lit up with laughter.
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

Written By: ValGal9
Beckitt had wheedled his way into a ride to the Gather at Telgar, excited for the dancing and music. He had bought some sweets and arranged to meet up with Mylorah when she needed a break from being a social butterfly. He found a tree out of the way which hadn’t yet been claimed by picnicking Holders, and settled down in the shade. It was just close enough that he could still hear the tune of the songs if not any lyrics, and he happily hummed while waiting.

His face brightened when he saw her and he hopped to his feet, waving. “Mylo! Over here!” He grinned and snagged her hand, tugging her down with a laugh. “Your dress is gorgeous!” luckily Beckitt had thought to spread out his jacket so the fabric wouldn’t stain. “Having fun yet?” He grinned, knowing she had probably flirted her way though half the gather by now, or was doing her best.

He leaned back against the tree and let her settle against his side. “You have to try this.. I grabbed all the ones I could afford,” he held a sweet to her lips for her to try.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Mylorah had just parted ways with Misharan after dancing and catching up on all the interesting gossip between their Weyrs and what had already transpired in the short time they were at the Gather. She was now in need of water and maybe some sugary bursts of energy and was so happy Beckitt was clever enough to think ahead and suggest they meet up mid-afternoon when she’d likely need a break.

She spotted him just as he called her name and smiled and waved back as she jogged over to him, laughing as he tugged her down to sit. She almost squeaked and moved his jacket aside when she saw it but at the last second realised he was being a sweetheart and once again thinking ahead about keeping her dress clean. Mylorah was not always the best planner and would have just plopped down on the grass and hoped she didn’t get any stains.

“My sweet Hummingbird!” She greeted her friend with a kiss to his cheek and then settled in against his side. She loved spending time with pretty much anyone but he ranked rather high on the list given his optimistic outlook matched hers and he was just fun to be around. “And thank you! T’ryn bought it for my birthday but I haven’t really had a chance to wear it yet. Truthfully, I feel a bit odd wearing something so fancy.” She knew it wasn’t nearly as fancy as the ladies wandering around but it was fancy enough for her and she was glad T’ryn didn’t go all out on it.

“I’m having so much! Madiquel and I tried setting T’ryn up with one of her Healer friends, I went dancing, saw Misharan, danced some more…” she was pretty sure that counted as a lot of fun and oh! Babbling was forgotten as a sweet treat was presented to her and she dutifully opened her mouth taking in the treat and his fingers for a little playful teasing into her mouth for a moment before pulling away.

“Oh my… so good!” She hummed with appreciation, wriggling with delight. Sweets were a definite weakness of hers. “You spoil me, Kitt! But I hope you didn’t spend everything you have.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair
Brunette and wavy when long, worn loose around his face. The bangs tend to flop into his eyes and he swears he’ll cut it all off when he Impresses or the next time he’s hungover.

Threads

He laughed, delighted at the news of her matchmaking schemes. “And I assume you’ll dance even more later tonight,” he teased. His arm settled around her shoulders easily as they relaxed. “I haven’t danced yet, just listened to the Harpers. There’s one song that’s new this turn- I think it’s special for the gather.” He whistled a few bars. “Maybe they’ll share it…”

Beckitt smirked as she took the sweet with a tease. “Thought you’d approve.” He laughed at the suggestion. “No, I’m smarter than that; needed to save some marks for my fripparies,” he replied, stretching out his arm for her to inspect the embroidered sleeves on his newest shirt. “Birds need fancy feathers after all.”

He settled back again and popped a sweet in his own mouth, savoring the burst of sugar on his tongue. “How is Misha? Who brought him, anyway?”

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

“I’m glad but I pay for the next round of goodies,” Mylorah laughed and lightly petted the beautiful embroidery on display, giving it the proper attention it deserved with some added in oooohs. Beckitt really had an eye for such details and she wished she did. Actually, sometimes she wished she had the skill and interest in doing such detailing herself so she could make pretty things for her friends but she sucked at it and found it rather boring. But boy did she respect those that could do it!

“Misha is Misha, so he’s great. He came with C’dhin—you remember him, right? Super cute greenrider that is the best baker ever. Now that’s a man that needs a stall here selling his cookies and cakes.” Sometimes she wished she still lived at Telgar so she could get to the goodies easier but the sun called to her too much. She didn’t know what she would do if she Impressed at one of the other Weyrs and had to go through a winter or two. The horror!

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

“Deal!” He agreed happily. “Maybe we can grab a proper drink later in the evening.” He grinned as she admired the detailing. “You know I can teach you how, right? It’s easy if you buy the trims but I think there’s also ways to make them. I mean, obviously there are or they wouldn’t be able to sell—you know what I mean!” He laughed.

Beckitt sighed happily at the reminder of C’dhin’s baking. “No cookies will ever measure up. Almost—almost—enough to make me want to go back to Telgar sometimes. I don’t know how the northerners deal with the cold though. Ista winters are cold enough, thanks.” He had adjusted after the return north to places he’d never known, but he still missed the jungles of Katilia.

He rummaged in the bag for another sweet. “Who’s next on your matchmaking list? Or are you looking for fun for yourself?”

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah scrunched up her nose at the offer to be taught how to do such fancy work. That was something that wouldn’t go over well and probably break Beckitt’s heart once he realised how horrible she was with a needle and thread. “I will leave such pretty and delicate work to you, my dear. I’d hate to make you cry with what my efforts turned up.”

She agreed with the winters in Telgar being too much for her to handle. It wasn’t that it was freezing within the Weyr given how much heat still came from the ground, but it was definitely cooler and not as comfortable. She shivered at the thought and rubbed her bare arms in an attempt to warm up even though it was actually a hot day, but the thought still got to her.

She continued to hold that pose as she thought about the matchmaking question. “Hmm… might find someone for myself but we’re supposed to be on our best behaviour, remember,” why did everyone keep reminding them of the rules they had to play by to keep the Holders happy? She wondered if it had to do with all the maulings at the Hatchings and Healers Impressing. Couldn’t remind Holders that the folk from Weyrs also had sex and didn’t see issues with kissing in public. “But! I can keep an eye out for you! I promise they would be super cute. But do you want Hold, Hall, or Weyr?” That was the trickier part!

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

He laughed brightly. “I know that! But a little flirting never hurts. That said, if you look for me, probably best be Weyr. Better not push my luck.” He snuggled down a little further, musing. “You know my type well enough. Tall, dark, and homely,” Kitt joked. “No? Short, blonde, and mean?”

He giggled helplessly with her as they kept tossing out sillier and sillier ideas and ended up falling over, his head in her lap. He slowly caught his breath, though an occasional giggle still ran through him. “You’ll find me someone, I’m sure. But no rush.”

“A dance partner later in the night, maybe? Though a harper could be fun too… I bet they have excellent rhythm…” he winked up at her.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Mylorah idly stroked Beckitt’s head, running her fingers through his lengthening hair. No doubt he’d threaten it cut it all off again soon. He was about due to say it and if he drank too much that day, the words would likely come tumbling out from his hangover. She adored her Hummingbird and all his little quirks.

She laughed once more at the ideas he was tossing her way for potential partners and shrugged. “We’ll just have to wait and see, won’t we? But I intend to spend the day in that general area so that is the likely hunting ground.” Two of the Harpers had definitely seduced her with their music but she didn’t think she’d make any move for either of them. It was hard learning all the rules when it came to interacting with holders in general but Harpers? They seemed more inclined to be free spirits like those in a Weyr but Mylorah still wasn’t sure how they would act to be propositioned for a fun night before parting ways by sunrise.

“But, if I fail, I guess I’ll just have to choose myself for you tonight,” she smiled and booped his nose with a finger to accentuate her point.

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

Beckitt sighed happily as her hands played through his hair. “Sounds only fair,” he agreed, nose scrunching at the boop. He leaned up and kissed the finger as it retreated, smiling, then closed his eyes as she resumed stroking his hair.

“You’re not allowed to stop doing that ever,” he joked quietly, half opening one eye and taking in her bemused expression. “Oh all right, fine. You can have every second Tuesday off.” He laughed and ducked as she mussed up his hair. “Mylooooo~ that took ages to get right!”

He laughed and swatted playfully at her hands as she tried to help fix it. “I’m going to be walking around a gather looking like I have bed-head, scandalizing poor holders thinking I’m a floozy, and it’s all your fault.” Still, he grinned as he got it back into sort of the same style as before.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

“We can find a larger tree to hide behind and give you an actual floozy reason for your new stylish hair,” Mylorah giggled and waggled her eyebrows a few times which only made the giggles continue. She loved all of her friends but her fellow Katilan ‘brats just got it. Flirting and being so open about sex in any manner didn’t faze them and they could joke around or take it further if they were so inclined.

“But really, Kitt, it’s not too bad,” she tried once more to flatten a particularly stubborn strand that kept sticking up. She finally gave up as the temptation to use a little spit to help flatten it while wet was growing too strong. “I guess you can just make some obvious gestures of running your hands through your hair to make it known you caused the look yourself?” It wasn’t nearly as exciting a reason but a better one given the situation she supposed.

“Now, let’s have some more treats and water. I don’t want to be away from the Harpers for too long, they might think I was kidnapped otherwise!” She had been a pretty steady fixture by the stage either dancing or just enjoying their performances and liked to think she’d be missed already despite it still being rather early into the event.

B'kit
of Blue Erebuth

Date of Birth
12.12.721 AL, 23
Height
5'11"
Eyes
Build
Trim
Hair

Threads

He giggled as well and snagged her for a series of dramatic faux kisses. “Don’t say things you aren’t willing to actually do, Mylo. It’ll get you in trouble one day!” He laughed brightly and pulled back for her to give his hair a once-over.

When she suggested running a hand through it, a contemplative look crossed Beckitt’s face a moment. He suddenly flipped his head upside down and mussed it vigorously. Snapping it back up with a flip several girls would envy in their own hair, he grinned and finger combed it a bit to get rid of the excess volume.

“Better? Acceptable enough to go dancing?” He offered her an arm to head back down to the call of the music and laughed all the way.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)