World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [EVENT] 740.07.17 | Dancing Gossips
2pm | Misharan

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Mylorah loved dancing and she never cared if she was the first or only one on the floor. For one thing, it would be plain rude to ignore the work of the Harpers, providing them with such lovely music. She had to show her appreciation by letting the music consume her and sway and twirl as she desired. That was what she was doing, using it as an excuse to leave T’ryn alone with Madiquel’s super cute friend, Vaera. Madiquel seemed to think there was something there to encourage the two to talk more and while Mylorah wasn’t sure T’ryn was into the idea, she did see some sort of sparkle in Vaera’s eyes. Considering her brother was pretty darn hot and she was a sheltered Holder, it was understandable where that building lust was aimed.

So Mylorah seized the opportunity of a fun song being played to excuse herself and started twirling to the beat, laughing as she did, and not at all caring if she was being stared at. In fact, she hoped she was. Let everyone see how much fun she was having! They were clearly missing out. When the song ended, she applauded enthusiastically and waited to see what they would play next. Another great song, of course! Really, were there any bad songs? This one was a bit slower, though, but Mylorah still swayed to the beat, humming along as she moved.

When she was slowly moving in a circle, perhaps imagining a partner with her, she saw a familiar blonde head not too far off. “Mimi!” She called out, as was tradition, and took off running to her friend to give him a big hug. “Come dance and tell me about all the fun things I know you’ve already done today!” Not giving him any other option but to follow, Mylorah dragged him back to the dance floor and draped her arms around his neck, grinning up at him. How she had missed her bestie! She was so excited he was moving back to Ista for a bit for Thallyath’s clutch and looked forward to all the gossip sessions they would have again.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
Misharan did eventually leave C’dhin to his own devices for a while. Ceiry had decided she wanted to spend some time with her dad (Misha suspected it was at least partially a ploy to get more gifts out if it, but he totally would do the same), and Misharan had decided that was his cue to step out for a while and bug someone else.

He’d integrated himself with a group of Candidates who were wandering around, the Searched ones showing the fascinated ‘brats among them all the weird Holder things. Lots of outlandish stories were being told about Hold life, and Misha couldn’t resist joining in, seeing what they could get the Weyrbrats to believe (the answer was a lot, apparently, thought some of them were more skeptical).

They were passing an open area that had been set aside for dancing, a small wooden stage set up for Harpers at one end and a large area full of tables and chairs where people could sit down and eat all the food the bought or just sit and hang out right next to it, when Misharan heard a familiar voice call out for him. Seconds later he was hugging his best friend, picking her up with the hug just a little. “Mymy!” he said fondly, letting her drag him wherever she wanted with no resistance. He let his hands drop to her waist in the general form for dancing, though he let her lead, following with her as she spun around the dance floor. It didn’t take long to give her the rundown of his day so far, and of course asked after details of her own. As easy as it was to get between Weyrs, when there was no rapidly approaching Hatching that had them both in the same Weyr, he didn’t see Mylorah near often enough. It was a great tragedy, really, and Misharan had more than once considered transferring to Ista properly, even if he did have a couple very good reasons to stay in Telgar.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

"So you and C'dhin are spending a lot of time together," Mylorah teased instead of talking about her day. She'd get to that too but first she had to get in a few ribbings about her friend spending time with their delicious greenrider. "I don't blame you one bit. He's so much fun and quite cute. I had a lot of fun when he was teaching me how not to burn cookies. But I bet neither of you are about to settle down, which I both love and hate. I'm glad you're not abandoning me for a life of cozy mate times but you also deserve to have that cozy mate time when you want it." She never made it a secret that she was not at all about that life but she didn't begrudge anyone that wanted it either. Some people were made for that level of trust and love and she didn't think she was. Misharan, however, could be when he was ready for it but she knew he was having far too much fun as a free agent.

She spun herself around before draping against Misharan once more. She loved how at ease they were with each other and that he didn't find her antics weird but seemed to encourage them. "And my day has had a fun start! I got to see Madiquel and her super cute friend Vaera whom, by the way, Madiquel seems to have silently decided should be dating T'ryn. She kept staring at him when we arrived and she seems sweet so I'm all for the matchmaking, but I bet you anything my brother won't be into it. He's so weird about dating now." Casa had broken T'ryn's heart. as did N'mor, though Mylorah still didn't know the full story with the bronze boys. She was kind of annoyed that her attempt to bring them back together with that letter she found didn't work but neither would talk about that either. She wasn't even sure she could blame N'mor for it since T'ryn was noble enough to turn down a second chance because Z'rin was now in the picture. It was hard to figure out but she couldn't stay angry at any of them, especially with how much of a sweet puppy Z'rin could be and he obviously loved N'mor with all his heart.

"So I found a chance to excuse myself from the awkward possibly couple by the end of the day so they could be alone together. Madi wandered off with A'tay as well so we'll see if either of those pairs kiss by nightfall!" Mylorah laughed at the idea, knowing her brothers far too well to believe either would make that sort of move.

When the song ended, she once again applauded enthusiastically, bouncing on the balls of her feet as she did so. She loved music! She loved Harpers! Katila had both, of course, and she adored the Harpers that had taught her to read and performed at their celebrations, but having such a wide variety of talents to enjoy constantly blew her mind. They all had their own unique sound and style and she couldn't stop showing her appreciation for each one.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

“I guess, yeah,” Misha said with a laugh, gently swaying along with the music. “You and my other favorite people are all so far away at Ista, it’s very easy to be lazy and just go a few floors to see a wonderful person instead of hopping Weyrs. I know if I asked C’dhin would be happy to go to Ista with me, but I, uh, tend to get distracted. And if something’s baking you can’t go anywhere until it’s done!” C’dhin was actually pretty good at not letting Misharan showing up and begging for attention ruin whatever food he was working on, which Misha felt was deeply impressive and showed a lot of restraint and dedication for his craft.

“And never you fret, Mymy, even if I do eventually go in for cozy mate times, I’ll never abandon you,” he reassured her, pressing a kiss to her forehead. Misha meant it, too. To Misharan’s mind, there was nothing that said he couldn’t have a mate and still sleep around as he pleased. Or even multiple mates and still sleep around. As far as he understood it, ‘mate’ just meant you had more of a defined emotional romantic attachment to someone. You could have that with multiple people, and still have less emotionally significant relationships with other people (also called sleeping around). He didn’t think he could be the only person who thought that way.

He let go of Mylorah so she could complete her spin, pulling her back in when she leaned against him. “I’m so glad Madiquel is doing well! I may have to see if I can track her down to say hi later. Though if she’s with A’tay maybe not,” Misharan wasn’t entirely sure where those two stood with each other but they definitely seemed like they should be kissing. “I’ll have to meet this Vaera, since you seem to approve of her. Best of luck to her with T’ryn. He needs a good date or two to get out of his head, I think. Would be good for him. Low-stress kissing.” He grinned at Mylorah, lifting her an inch and spinning them both around before he continued.

“If the initiative for kissing is left to your brothers, everyone will go home un-kissed.” Misha agreed, nodding sadly. It was tragic for everyone involved. Maybe Madiquel or this new girl, Vaera, would show more bravery than A’tay or T’ryn. Probably not, especially considering Vaera was from a Hall.

At the end of the song Misharan joined Mylorah in clapping enthusiastically. Music and dancing were fun, and the Harpers Telgar had employed for the Gather really were quite talented. Not that Misha was a trained ear or anything, but he thought they sounded good.

“Will I be staying for another dance, or have I had my turn and you’ll be off to find another, less pretty, dance partner?” he teased, resting his cheek against her head.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

“I’m afraid you’re stuck with me for at least one more song. Then we’ll see who has the wandering eye first and go from there!” Mylorah knew them both too well to assume they would be able to keep each other occupied for long. Someone would catch their eye and they’d be off trying their best lines on them. Honestly, she currently wasn’t looking for a hook up, just dance partners, but that could change by the end of the night if the right person came along.

When the Harpers started up again, this time a jaunty tune made for dancing and without singing, Mylorah grabbed Misharan’s hand and started swinging it as she moved to the music. She liked being so free and didn’t care one bit if she knew the proper dances that seemed to be taught to holders of if anyone judged her for what she was doing instead. She was having fun and she’d stick her tongue out at anyone who said it was wrong.

“Still think you should just move to Ista, Mimi. Kordi would agree with me. He’s around here somewhere, by the way. He took off as soon as Syrendryth landed. Probably didn’t want to be surrounded by a gaggle of squealing girls… though he’s probably still attracting attention wherever he’s hiding,” Mylorah laughed, loving that their friend was gorgeous and while he knew it and would use it for his advantage if he wanted to; he hated the extra attention. If Kordiavis didn’t judge you as worthy, he didn’t want you fawning all over him as he sure wasn’t going to return it. How she, Misharan, and T’ryn passed his test, she wasn’t quite sure.

“But please consider it! Even if your sexy greenrider would still be in Telgar. I’d move there but I can’t Stand for all the Hatchings like I can at Ista.” She didn’t have her heart set on any one colour, having decided a dragon of any colour would be amazing and she felt she could handle green, gold, or even blue. No matter what colour she landed on, there would always be comments and people judging her and her actions. At Ista, she had a chance for anything. Anywhere else and that chance would only come if a gold egg appeared on the Sands. Although she could still sit in the crowd and have a chance at Impressing, she supposed. Unless they barred her entry and kept her across the Weyr or something crazy. “Besides, it’s too cold for my tastes. I need the heat and beaches.”

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

“I suppose I can manage another song,” Misha said with a dramatic and completely fake sigh, happily following Mylorah into the new, faster song. This one was a little harder to talk during, since it took more energy to keep up with the music, but he and Mylorah managed.

“Now, I have the opposite problem from you,” he said, spinning her around, “I melt in Ista summers. Last turn was honestly only tolerable because of you and Kordi, I would have gone back to Telgar immediately after the Hatching otherwise. The true reason I stay in Telgar,” Misharan laughed, “every other Weyr is too far south. Maybe I could stay in Ista for the winters and Telgar for the summers. You think the Weyrleaders would tolerate all that paperwork?” No chance, Misha thought. Unless they could come up with a way to minimize the paperwork, maybe only do it once and set up what the rules are.

Misharan sighed, not really sure what else to say. It was complicated, and he wasn’t even sure himself why he wanted to stay in Telgar so much. Was he just lazy? Because he really did miss Mylorah and Kordiavis something dreadful.

“You said you got Kordi here?” he asked, confirming the fact with Mylorah. “I’ll have to track him down. Been too long since I saw his pretty face.” Okay, it was probably only a few weeks, but still. Too much time to pass between seeing one of the people he loved most.

Mylorah
of Gold Amagrith

Date of Birth
10.02.721, 24
Height
5'8
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
Curvy
Hair
Brown, long

Threads

“Then I guess we are doomed to suffer. A tragic love affair separated by land and sea,” Mylorah pouted, jutting her lower lip out almost comically to prove just how oh-so-serious the dilemma was and placed the back of her hand to her forehead as if she was about to swoon from it all. Then she laughed and shook her head at the issue. “We’ve survived this long travelling back and forth so I guess we’ll keep on doing so. But fingers will still be crossed that you Impress in Ista!” She stuck her tongue out at Misharan and danced a bit away from him as she laughed.

“And yes, Kordi is here somewhere,” she replied when she danced back into reach of her friend. “You just have to find him. He could be hiding somewhere with some Lord or another he probably knows.” It was still weird to think Kordiavis grew up beside the Ista heir and possibly got to spend time with other young Lords when they weren’t being all official and boring. Or maybe he hid when they were around visiting Ista since he hated people talking about his mom and wouldn’t want to hear their comments about the crazy woman Lord Ista had so kindly taken in.

Mylorah applauded when the song ended and she fanned herself with her hand. That dance had taken it out of her and she knew she needed to take a small break to get some water. She wanted to keep on dancing with Misharan but he would get antsy soon enough and want to find more friends that he couldn’t see regularly. “Go find Kordi, if you can. I would bet some marks that he would convince you to move to Ista but Telgar has the three Cs. C’dhin, cookies, and …cold!” She gave Misharan a wicked grin, knowing he’d catch on to what that other C-word could have been if they weren’t surround by holders.

“But truthfully, get out of here. I’m going to take a break and have some water. You go mingle and take good mental notes because you’re telling me all about it in a few days when we get together again.”

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

“The Harpers will write ballads about us,” Misharan nodded seriously. He broke into a grin at the some moment Mylorah started laughing, and made an exaggerated face at her when she stuck out her tongue. “You never know, maybe you’ll Impress at Telgar. Or we’ll both Impress at Fort!” Misha laughed, winking at her. “Either place, I’m sure you’ll find ways to stay warm in our cold, cold winters.”

He grabbed her hands again when she graciously returned to him, moving their joined hands back and forth along with the music as they picked the conversation back up. “I’ll have to go on an adventure to find him, then. Track the elusive Kordiavis and entice him into hugs.” Really, Misharan would be all for more than hugs, but they were all trying to be good and not completely scandalous today, as tragic as that was.

When the song ended, Misharan again applauded with Mylorah, and he would have continued on to the next song but Mylorah seemed to be ready for a break, fanning herself and breathing heavily. She had been dancing quite a while, from what Misha could tell, and as fun as dancing was it was also tiring.

“Technically, neither of you need to convince me of anything, I’ll be in Ista within a week for the Hatching,” Misha teased, though they both knew that wasn’t going to be a permanent arrangement. Unless he happened to Impress, in which case he’d be stuck in Ista for a while, if not stay there permanently. Oh, he should ask Kordi if his Candidate room had an open bed, he could stay there for the Hatching. That would be fun.

“Hmn, I suppose Ista has one and a half of those Cs. There are cookies, they just aren’t baked by a very talented greenrider. An unfortunate flaw. And it does have that third one.” He laughed, knowing anyone who overheard would be very confused, considering they’d just talked about how Ista wasn’t cold enough. The secret third C.

Misha gave Mylo a quick kiss on the forehead, thanking her for the excellent dances and her marvelous presence. “You’ve earned a nice break, you’ve out-danced everyone else here. Maybe I’ll run into you later, we’ll see how the evening progresses. I promise I will tell you absolutely everything, and I’ll want all your stories too,” he said, knowing Mylorah was guaranteed to get a number of excellent new stories before the night was done. “Cheers, dear, I have a Kordi to find.” Misharan waved farewell to her, then looked around the area, trying to decide which direction he was most likely to find his favorite reluctantly social Candidate.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)