World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 740.07.01 | Ferryman
2pm | N'mor

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
“Indamor!” Z’rin called out cheerfully as soon as Varralath touched down on their ledge. He greeted Rhezalth as he jumped down from his own dragon, envying the way the great bronze could lounge in the sun all afternoon. Maybe he’d talk N’mor into such an activity after sharing his news. “I’ll be back to remove your gear soon!” He promised his dragon even as he removed his gloves and jacket, hanging them on a hook before quickly ducking inside the weyr.

He spotted his mate immediately, the bronzerider strolling through their living area, likely called from wherever and whatever he was doing, as intended. Z’rin smiled brightly and ran to him, scooping N’mor up at the waist to lift off his feet and twirl around twice before setting him back on the ground. He laughed from excitement and planted a long hard kiss on lips he knew intimately. “The meeting went a lot better than I thought it would! You aren’t going to believe this.”

M’ris had sent for him that morning, telling him to mount up as the two of them were going on a little outing. Z’rin was certain that meant something horrible though he couldn’t logically explain what it could be. The best he could come up with was that one of the other Weyrs wanted him in a trade for some unknown reason and they were going to that Weyr to spring it on him and tell him the details. He knew everything had been pretty relaxed when it came to rules and doing their best to go with the wishes of the riders, but what if they were cracking down and spreading certain colours or problem riders around? He had been a ball of nerves when he left to meet M’ris and nothing changed when he learned the real reason.

N’mor received another kiss before he was dragged over to the couch so he could share his news. “We actually went down to Ista Hold. The Lord Holder had requested me, me by name. Well, M’ris confessed it was more by my deeds but close enough! Anyway, he hasn’t been happy with the brownrider that has been the family’s personal ferryman for a while so he asked for someone more reliable and remembered how I risked my life for some of his citizens and liked that dedication. I know it’s not really the position most riders want but I’m thrilled to help like that and it will only be for the immediate family and when they’re going between other Holds, not like personal errands a ten minute walk away.”

Z’rin knew everyone hated being tasked to go pick up someone and wait around until they were done with whatever their task was, but truthfully, what else could he do? Varralath had shown no interest in Searching and neither of them were built for teaching so Werylingmaster or even assistant was out—especially since he could barely read. And if he was being absolutely honest with himself, he was a bluerider mated to a bronzerider. N’mor didn’t have to do anything to be respected and one day he might lead a wing or an entire Weyr. Z’rin felt inadequate and he worried he would end up ruining N’mor’s reputation somehow. He fully believed N’mor would never look down on him or hate him for being a bluerider but that didn’t mean he wanted to be just another bluerider roaming around without purpose and waiting to be called upon. This was something that could be prestigious in its own way and he wouldn’t disappoint anyone!

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

N'mor
of Bronze Rhezalth

Date of Birth
19.03.722, 23
Height
5'11
Eyes
Grey-green
Build
Stocky, Fit
Hair
Reddish Brown

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
N’mor was having an enjoyable, lazy morning. That wasn’t to say he was doing nothing - he had a hard time being idle - but rather that he was idly working his way through his daily tasks as opposed to marching through them like he usually did. Exercises, breakfast, laundry, a quick bath, and then off to get ready for his late lunch with Z’rin. He was in the process of folding and putting away his mate’s laundry from the previous day, when Rhezalth alerted him to the incoming blue pair.

Moving out of the bedroom and across the living area, N’mor’s lips twitched into a small smile at the clear joy on Z’rin’s face, before giving a rather inelegant yelp of surprise - which morphed into a laugh - when Z’rin picked him up and spun them around. N’mor’s left (and only!) hand clung tightly to Z’rin’s shoulder before snaking it around his mate’s neck as he was lowered to the ground. “Hello to you, too,” he murmured in good humour before Z’rin kissed him and seemed to explode with his good news.

N’mor laughed, soft and amused at Z’rin’s excitement as he was dragged over to the couch, stumbling a little as he tried to keep his slightly shorter legs at pace with Z’rin’s excited pace. Thankfully the distance was short and N’mor sat down beside Z’rin, knees touching though body turned away so he could look at Z’rin as he spoke.

A rich laugh escaped N’mor at Z’rin’s explanation, and he leaned forward to kiss his lover with affection. “Oh my love,” he teased, tapping Z’rin’s nose with his pointer finger. “You are a gift.” While every other rider was whining about being saddled with transport duty, Z’rin was just about sprouting his own wings to fly the Holders around with! Smiling gently, N’mor reached down the back of the couch to dig up a bottle of wine he’d stolen off his father, and winked at Z’rin as he opened it and took a swig.

“Tell me about your new duties!”

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Z’rin laughed as the bottle appeared, knowing where it came from as he didn’t think N’mor had ever actually purchased a bottle of Benden. He didn’t mind since that meant they could use their marks on other things like items for their weyr or his daughter. Z’rin still marvelled at how lucky he was that his mate adored his kid and that N’mor seemed to be more amused by his desire to be a dad as well as be useful to other people. He wasn’t insulted by N’mor calling him a gift because he was willing to take on a task that others had to take because the Weyrleader ordered them to since any teasing would be done with love attached to it—and truth. Z’rin already knew he was odd and would often beat others to the punchline.

“My duties won’t be too exciting by your definition and in fact will probably bore you and make you question my sanity. But the Lord Holder, his wife, and his children can call on me to transport them here and there as needed or maybe pick up someone important and deliver them to Ista. Though I’m sure any other Lord would be insulted to have a blue appear for him with or without knowing the reasoning for it.” Z’rin chuckled as he shook his head at how Holders still viewed dragonriders in general and the colours on a more specific level. He didn’t expect his new job to sway anyone to the way of blues being the best but he’d at least try to elevate the opinion a bit.

Grabbing the bottle from N’mor, Z’rin took a long swig, savouring the taste a moment before handing the bottle back and continuing with his explanation. “I won’t be stationed at the Hold all day waiting just in case so I’ll still be here more often than not. And I should always have notice so it won’t be us sleeping or being intimate and suddenly a flitter appears with a note summoning me. I’ve been told that will only ever happen in an emergency like a death, I guess. Although I guess there might be a chance of one still appearing with a note letting me know upcoming plans but Varralath can help intercept visitors—winged or not.” Not that either of them would really care about an interruption since they both fell asleep quickly and could resume a steamy situation rather easily.

The only real downside to the whole thing was the actual note reading. With the way words seemed to hate him and move around and away from his gaze, Z’rin had given up trying to learn long before he was left on an island with wild animals. He had a chance to learn again in Katila but he was too embarrassed by it and just pretended to read notices or took his time when alone. He had finally confessed to N’mor about his troubles but sometimes it still bothered him that it could be another flaw used against his mate. “I’m going to read them all, of course, but will you, uh, read them after I do to verify that I have everything correct?”

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)