World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 740.06.12 | One Surprise After Another
6pm | F'drel

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
This wasn't exactly what he signed up for when he decided to visit friends at Fort Weyr that day. Stealing Rhaedalyn away for chatting and flower-picking? Check. Showing off his flower crown she made him to a few of his friends at lunch? Check. Sweet-talking extra dessert out of the kitchen staff? Check.

Entering and winning a random green Flight? Che---but that wasn't on the list!

R'nd sighed as Ayyonth's smugness brushed against him. What was his dragon up to? Snuggling. He didn't mean right then! Anyway, he assumed there was snuggling at that precise moment but it was odd for Ayyonth to chase anyone other than Larrikith anymore and he didn't think the dragons were fighting which was the usual cause for him to end up in bed with an unexpected greenrider. Now that he was there, how did he proceed?

R'nd had never been one to cut out right after a Flight. It was rude and he wanted to make sure the greenrider was okay. And, back in the day, perhaps see if there was a mutual desire to spend a bit more time in bed together. Well, he still did that now but he was also mated to the greenrider that they always gave chase to so it made it a bit awkward to find out it wasn't B'jin lying beside him. That called for a new plan as R'nd didn't want the man to think ill of him either for leaving without a word or lingering like he was going to take more.

As quietly and gently as he could, R'nd slipped free of the bed. He always appreciated how often he found himself in a bed. Sometimes a Flight happened when a bed wasn't close by, sometimes one happened with a bed a room away but the need was too great to move that far. Today, they had enough presence of mind to find the soft landing, which was a good thing with how exhausted F'drel looked.

F'drel? R'nd paused in mid-stride as he came around the bed enough to see the face of the greenrider. Well this was a complication he hadn't quite thought about when he started rounding up his children. He was fairly confident that F'drel was seeing Mylorah... maybe T'ryn given how excited his son had been when the other two arrived at his birthday dinner. He was leaning more towards Mylorah though he didn't know much about his daughter or the greenrider for that matter. He'd crossed paths with F'drel here and there but admittedly didn't know him as well as he did most anyone else. R'nd suspected the man liked it that way.

One hand on his hip and the other running through messy blonde locks, R'nd studied F'drel a moment longer as if that would bring about the answers he sought. When it didn't--and he was still buzzing from the high of winning to put too much more thought and worry into the situation--he returned to the task of finding and sorting clothes. He slipped on his pants and then set out to find, fold, and set F'drel's clothes at the foot of the bed so they would be within reach when desired.

He sat on the opposite corner and was debating gently shaking F'drel's leg to wake him up when he saw the greenrider was already looking at him. R'nd smiled and did his best to look non-threatening, "hey, I was just about to wake you. How are you feeling? And do you happen to know whose weyr we borrowed?" Some people were not happy to share. Share weyrs, beds, mates...

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
F’drel came back to awareness softly, not fully cognizant of the fact Miri was a little too pleased with herself for everything to be normal. But he recognized R’dal’s bed, and he remembered sitting on it and talking to R’dal, F’drel figured he’d just fallen asleep at some point. That wasn’t unusual in the slightest. It wasn’t even that unusual that he couldn’t feel R’dal nearby on the bed — sometimes he got up for whatever reason, like running to grab snacks before F’drel woke up or because he remembered he had left laundry in the laundry room. What was unusual, however, was the amount of direct contact between the sheets and his skin, because despite the fact he and R’dal slept together all the time they never slept together and F’drel stayed fully clothed for naps and sleepovers. Which meant…

Which meant Miri had Flown, which didn’t make sense it was only the sixth month, not the seventh, she shouldn’t have flown for another few weeks at the earliest, F’drel had marked it down, he’d already planned to stay as close to his weyr as possible for the two weeks around where she’d Flown last turn, but he hadn’t planned for a month in advance, which was why he was at Fort, and — fuck, he was in R’dal’s weyr. Was R’dal here? Had Edath won? That would be preferable to having kicked R’dal out of his own weyr and having sex with someone else in R’dal’s bed — it’d be awkward, sure, but F’drel was pretty sure it wouldn’t change a whole lot because R’dal had said he wasn’t interested in a relationship like that so it would have been fine. But F’drel had a sinking feeling it wasn’t Edath who Miri was having a lovely cuddle with.

Nope! Though he did chase me, because Edath is sweet. Maybe he’ll win sometime, I think I’d like that. Halomirth chirped in F’drel’s head, confirming his suspicions and cementing everything as more firmly ‘completely fucked.’ He mentally reached towards Miri, trying to figure out who had caught her this time. It wasn’t Zeianth, was it? No, not Zeianth, F’drel could tell that wasn’t right. Wasn’t the right kind of smugness for Zeianth. Wasn’t Zeianth, wasn’t Edath, which left… the rest of the male dragon population at Fort and probably some from the other Weyrs too. That narrowed it down. Halomirth was being decidedly unhelpful, not letting him get a good look at who was with her. That was unlike her. F’drel frowned, still not able to tell who the blue was — he could tell it was a blue, at least — but he did get a brief flash of an image of another green dragon, which made no sense, it wasn’t a green who had caught her. Wait, he’d seen the other green before, she was… B’jin’s dragon, but why would Miri be thinking about Larrikith after — fuck.

F’drel opened his eyes to stare despairingly at R’nd. Great. Fucking fantastic. He’d had sex with one of his closest friend’s father in his other closest friend’s bed. Fuck, fuck. F’drel was pulled from spiraling into a litany of cursing and panic by R’nd looking over and speaking to him. He blinked, taking a moment to remember how to form words before answering R’nd’s second question — the answer to the first was ‘the fuck do you think?’ but that response was better left unsaid for the moment.

“It’s R’dal’s. Blue Edath.” he said, making no move to go anywhere.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R'nd pursed his lips as he tried to place R'dal of blue Edath. Was he newly Impressed? Maybe a younger rider which was why he fell through the cracks of people he knew and socialized with. He didn't even attempt to ask Ayyonth for the information; the dragon liked to watch him squirm on a normal day and would be even more insufferable after a Flight. No, I'll help with this one, the glee in Ayyonth's voice made R'nd a bit nervous and he braced himself for what was about to come.

R'dal is Weyrleader M'ris' son.

...Shit.

R'nd's eyes widened at the revelation and he didn't bother to confirm it with F'drel as he stared at the greenrider. It was too great of an awkward situation for it to be anything but true and while Ayyonth loved teasing him, he normally didn't bring a Weyrleader into it. Memories of T'ryn and N'mor mentioning their bluerider friends here and there came back to him and how bubbly they were. He hoped that continued, though the fact that a greenrider from another Weyr was in a bluerider's weyr when his Flight happened wasn't sitting too well with R'nd.

"So did I crash the party? How likely do you think it is that M'ris will kill one or both of us?" If he had just slept with the boyfriend of the Weyrleader's son, R'nd had a feeling someone wasn't going to be happy. He knew he shouldn't have been as fine with everything as he currently was and blamed some of it on Ayyonth's good mood but most of it was due to having enough Flights under his belt now to know that most people knew it was a fact of dragonriding and the person wasn't really to blame.

"Wait. Mylorah." He forgot about his eldest daughter! Minutes earlier he had decided she was dating F'drel and now he was linking the man to R'dal. Did T'ryn still fit into all of this somehow? "I'm going to get a headache trying to piece this all together."

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

The look on R’nd’s face when he realized who R’dal was — or really, who his father was — was actually rather entertaining, and F’drel felt a little smugness at R’nd’s momentary concern that he’d slept with a Weyrleader’s son’s boyfriend. Maybe he should have told R’dal to keep letting his dad think they were dating, though now that R’dal thought about it, he wasn’t positive R’dal ever actually had told M’ris they weren’t. Hmn.

“Don’t think you can crash a party no one’s hosting. Miri’s not supposed to Fly for another month, but here we are.” He shrugged, picking at a loose thread in one of R’dal’s blankets. “And as long as R’dal remembered to tell his dad we’re not, in fact, dating so he stops calling me to his office and asking me awkward questions, you’re fine. If he got distracted and forgot, no promises.” F’drel was never so flippant with… well, with just about anyone outside of siblings, Mylorah and R’dal sometimes included. There were rare occasions he’d mouth off at D’hys, but that was usually at least a little calculated as the sporadic clever snideness seemed to amuse him, and F’drel generally wanted to remain ‘mildly entertaining and somewhat useful’ to the bluerider. But Miri’s Flights always left his brain weirdly slow which made it take more effort to keep sarcastic remarks to himself. The words came out before he had the chance to filter them, unless the fear was strong enough to shut him up. And for some reason R’nd just didn’t register as panic-inducing the same way most of his winners did.

He snorted as R’nd made another face and mentioned Mylorah — ah, yes, of course, R’nd thought he was dating Mylorah too, didn’t he? He had essentially shown up to T’ryn’s birthday dinner as her date, so F’drel couldn’t really blame him that much. Well, he was technically her ride, but it was usually a date you brought to family events, not your emotional support friend. Whatever, he still wasn’t having sex with her. Honestly, at that point dating Mylorah would be weird — she reminded F’drel too much of his sisters.

“You and me both,” F’drel muttered as R’nd continued trying to figure out his love life. Despite being pretty simple — he had sex with Flight winners and periodically with D’hys to make sure he stayed in the bluerider’s good graces, he hadn’t had a love life since coming to the Weyr (or really ever). Still, he knew what things really were, not just perceptions based on ‘he’s a greenrider who spoke to this person more than once,’ so he was better off at understanding it all than R’nd. “Here, I’ll clear things up a bit — the only person in your family I’ve had sex with is you. Wait, no,” F’drel paused, thinking for a moment, “does Z’rin count as your family? I’ve had sex with him too.” Same reason too, because Miri had gotten caught by their blue, but F’drel didn’t feel like clarifying his statement any further just yet. He certainly didn’t want R’nd giving N’mor the impression Z’rin was cheating on him, F’drel did not want to deal with a pissed bronzerider, and N’mor especially was rather terrifying. He could have continued to say that he wasn’t dating or interested in Mylorah at all — it didn’t even occur to him in his tiredness that R’nd was thinking of T’ryn too — but wasn’t with it enough to notice just saying he hadn’t slept with any of his kids didn’t rule out dating them.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd chuckled at the muttered confession that F’drel was also confused about his love life. Been there, done that, and it wasn’t fun. He thought about giving the man advice, focus on one person at a time instead of spreading himself too thin with his attention going in too many places at once—it worked for him for the most part—but F’drel decided to further clarify things up which made R’nd laugh in earnest.

“I’m sorry. I’m not laughing at the suffering, well perhaps a bit. Your way of explaining it all is so blunt and honest. I love it but it’s also smacking me in the face for accidentally being a colourist and I apologise for doing that. My mind isn’t quite clear yet and I assumed with us being in R’dal’s weyr that maybe you were sleeping with him but I also thought you might be with Mylorah after attending T’ryn’s birthday dinner with her.” He hated when he generalized someone like that, whether accidental or not, though to be fair, he didn’t have a lot of facts to work with and the assumptions seemed somewhat safe. But it had been rude to bring any of it up in the first place—even if he had been a bit worried about the wrath of a Weyrleader dad.

At least now he knew that he hadn’t slept with someone his kids had been with—and he didn’t really count Z’rin as one since they were closer in age than the bluerider was to the kids. He also didn’t think too much on that confession. Z’rin and N’mor hadn’t been properly mated for long and no doubt Z’rin had had some lovers before that point or perhaps even a Flight was had. It wasn’t his concern until he had a crying N’mor in his arms again. He liked Z’rin but he’d make the man’s life hell if he hurt the kid (even if N’mor still creeped him out sometimes).

R’nd figured it was best to continue dressing and tossed his shirt back on. As he glanced around for his boots, he saw the flower crown and frowned as he went to pick it up. “It seems one of us wasn’t a fan of flowers earlier,” he showed off the ring of flowers that now had snapped stems and had clearly been ripped off his head and tossed away in the moment. Who was the culprit? Who could say? R’nd didn’t mind as he did his best to place it back on his head—ignoring the messy state his hair was likely in. It was the best place for it so he wouldn’t leave it behind for R’dal to clean up. “Just don’t tell Rhaedalyn what happened to it.” He smiled and went for his boots, bringing them back to the bed where he sat on the edge again to put them on.

“I really don’t want to add to the building notion that I’m rude by leaving so quickly, but I figure R’dal might want his weyr back with one less bluerider in it, and you might want to dress or stay right where you are enjoying the rather comfortable bed for as long as you can without being interrogated.”

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel shrugged. He didn’t mind terribly that R’nd had made assumptions — he literally started and ended the Flight in a bluerider’s bed, what was anyone going to think, he would have thought the same thing if he didn’t know better about his own life. And thinking a man who showed up to an event with his daughter must be dating her was a bit of a leap, but it seemed like the kind of thing a dad would do. Mylorah might find it amusing, if F’drel ever spoke about any of this with her. Hopefully it was awkward enough she’d leave it alone, but it was Mylorah and she’d probably tease him about it.

He eyed the flower crown, pretty sure he remembered throwing it at some point. F’drel didn’t chase the memory to be sure, he wanted to keep all that as repressed as possible. Didn’t need awkward images flashing across his mind next time he saw Mylorah, thanks. “Considering I’ve never met the Fort Weyrwoman, I don’t think there’s much risk of me telling her anything.” Certainly not that he had a hand in ruining a flower crown she… apparently made? Gave R’nd? Something like that? Though if R’nd went to see her now it’d be pretty obvious how it got smashed. Hopefully he was smarter than that.

Determining that R’nd was getting ready to leave, and reasonably trusting that he would, F’drel humphed softly before pulling a blanket up over his head and burrowing as far into the bed as he possibly could. R’dal would be showing up probably as soon as R’nd left, and while F’drel would really like to take a bath and wash all of R’dal’s bedding for him before the bluerider showed up, he didn’t know where the nearest bath or laundry room were or where R’dal kept any of his laundry or bathing supplies. R’dal would likely be back before he’d had a chance to do either.

’Miri, can you ask Edath where R’dal keeps his soapsand? I need to borrow some and don’t want to tear his weyr apart looking.’ Any more than a Flight had already torn it apart, fuck. Hopefully R’dal was okay with letting him clean everything, though it might be helpful to have his friend there to let him know where things were supposed to go. F’drel probably knew where a lot of it went, but really R’dal visited him more than he visited R’dal and R’dal had a lot more stuff than he did. After a bath, of course. Couldn’t clean when you weren’t clean yourself.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

Of course Edath and R'dal had to enter their friends' Flight! They were never around for the other ones and this one was taking place literally in their home. It didn't cross R'dal's mind that it might be odd to want to Chase after the conversation not too long ago about not wanting to be in a relationship with each other. Sex could be intimate with mates, it could be casual fun with friends, and it could happen because of the dragons. As long as the meaning was understood beforehand, R'dal didn't see any issue with it. Besides, if they won, it would be a fun story to laugh about together because he didn't think it'd be anything awkward, though maybe F'drel would think that for a bit.

But they didn't win. R'dal would have pouted about it but he had his own fun and R'nd had won! Honestly, losing to that pair was totally acceptable with how cool Ayyonth and R'nd were. Oh, and hot for an older guy--even if that was weird to say thanks to being friends with a good chunk of R'nd's children. But it also explained why they were all gorgeous as well--even Mylorah, though he wasn't sexually attracted to her he could admit she was pretty. F'drel probably had the best time!

If a bit of a long time. R'dal was now sitting outside his weyr, trying not to look like he was waiting, but it was pretty clear he was. He hadn't been there too long thanks to having Edath check in with Halomirth from time to time to see how the humans were doing. When she replied back that F'drel wanted cleaning supplies, R'dal told Edath not to share that information and made his way home--which was only a few doors down thanks to the man he ended up with literally dragging him back to his weyr. R'dal would have been fine staying in his living room but hindsight said his fellow loser had it right; F'drel wouldn't want to come back to himself with the living room full of people having sex or sitting around fully clothed.

He couldn't clearly hear what was going on inside, but R'dal knew R'nd was still there and continued to wait for what he assumed were the farewells. When the door finally opened and a disheveled R'nd appeared, R'dal gave his boxy grin to the older bluerider, "Hi, R'nd! Congratulations! F'drel's pretty awesome, right? Anyway, I'll see you around and I don't mind Ayyonth hanging out with Halomirth as long as they want to. Edath will either join them or visit a friend for a bit." Still smiling, he waved at the baffled R'nd and slipped inside.

"F'drel!" R'dal announced his presence as he entered the bedroom, spotted the F'drel-shaped lump under the sheets, and dove for the bed. He landed beside his friend and made himself comfy lying on his back and making no attempt to dig out F'drel. "How'd it go? What's R'nd like? And did you really think I'd let you clean up without me?"

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

As soon as R’dal announced his presence F’drel gave a long sigh, which turned into a whine when he felt the distinct shifting in the bed of a bluerider excitedly throwing himself on it. “R’dal, get the fuck off the bed,” F’drel grumbled, ignoring all of R'dal's questions and pawing at the sheets to make a little window so he could see out of them. “It’s gross and Flight-y and I don’t want you on it until I’ve stripped it and put new sheets on it and washed all these ones. I don’t give a fuck if it’s your bed, get off.” He needed to clean himself and the sheets before any snuggling happened.

He wasn’t opposed to snuggling — and while a good portion of the desire was coming from Miri at least part of it was from him — but napping was always better on clean sheets. Or at least on sheets that other people hadn’t just had sex in your bed on. Ugh. F’drel pulled the blanket down far enough that he could properly glare tiredly at R’dal until his friend got off the bed. He spared a moment to be grateful to R’nd for stacking his clothes at the end of the bed so he could easily reach them to put them on.

“Now, please tell me where your soapsand is so I can take a bath? You can join, I don’t fucking care, I just need to be cleaner,” F’drel said, pulling his shirt over his head with a grimace. Now his clothes were going to be dirty. “Could I maybe borrow a shirt and some pants too?” he asked, standing up to pull on his pants. He could wash his own stuff with the bed linens after he was clean.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

Having been on the receiving end of F'drel's outbursts before and having knowledge that some people, usually the greenrider, weren't in great moods after Flights, R'dal should have been prepared for the snarling he received for daring to flop onto his own bed. He knew why F'drel was cranky about it but it didn't really bother him. "I'm not clean either so it really isn't that big of a deal," he mumbled while pouting but still following orders and getting off the bed.

That was all he said as he silently moved about his weyr to get the requested soapsand and find clothes that might fit F'drel. The shirt wouldn't be too much an issue if he found a baggier one but the pants would forever be too short for his taller friend. He didn't point that out as he dumped the clothes on a table--he didn't dare risk putting anything on the dirty bed--beside the bag of soapsand, ready to be grabbed when F'drel wanted it.

"You go ahead and bathe, I'm gonna tidy up here," he offered F'drel a small smile, not wanting his friend to think he was mad or upset. He was a little because who liked being snapped at even when you knew it was just the after-Flight talking? Mostly, he didn't want F'drel to see the bruises that were most certainly forming by now. His left arm was starting hurt when lifting it too high and R'dal had a feeling a bruise that resembled a hand might start to show from where he was grabbed. His face was a bit tender as well but he didn't have a mirror to check for damage, though he vaguely recalled an elbow or fist coming toward him. Truth be told, he worried it was from F'drel fighting back against his suitors and R'dal didn't want F'drel to assume that it was and hate himself or worry even more with any other markings. Hooray for low lighting in his bedroom.

"If you're hungry, I can ask an appropriately clean friend to bring up some food. I think dinner's still on for a bit longer. Then you can eat in a tidy room while I bring the laundry down to do and then I'll hop in the bath. A good plan, right? Or you can head home, that's cool too!" Again he smiled, a bit brighter this time as he really was okay with any plan. He wanted F'drel to be happy and comfortable and R'dal was getting an idea that his own space and cleanliness topped the list of things that made him that way.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“No, I think you should come with me,” F’drel decided, upon realizing that if he didn’t keep R’dal with him the bluerider would try to clean things. He couldn’t have that. He had to clean everything, not R’dal, and besides, R’dal hadn’t had a bath yet either. How could he properly clean like that! F’drel shook his head, quickly stripping the bed, and bundling all the sheets up. He chose the sheet he felt was the cleanest and wrapped all the others up in that sheet, leaving the bundle in the center of the bed before going over to the table R’dal had put the spare clothes and soapsand on.

“I’m not hungry,” he said, picking up the soapsand and clothes. He really wasn’t, and while he’d probably be starving later — yay Flights — at the moment eating was very low on F’drel’s list of priorities. “C’mon, baths, let’s go.” F’drel generally preferred bathing by himself, though he was used to using communal bathing rooms, and as a child they had all taken turns with one small metal tub with barely warm water they’d had to continually refresh. If anyone saw them it would almost certainly just reinforce the idea that they were together in some fashion, but if the alternative was R’dal cleaning things without him the potential rumors were worth it. It didn’t help if someone else did the cleaning, F’drel had to do it! If R’dal cleaned everything while he was bathing, F’drel would either have to redo all of it, which would almost certainly annoy R’dal, or he’d have to go home and clean his entire weyr. Possibly clean it twice.

R’dal’s worries about bruises didn’t occur to F’drel as something to be concerned about. People got beat up during Flights, and as much as F’drel didn’t like to see his friends hurt it wasn’t something he would overthink. He definitely had plenty of marks of his own, and left just as many — Miri had Flown enough times now that F’drel could start identifying patterns, and the frequency with which his ‘winners’ sported suggestively placed scratches had a clear enough source. He tried very hard not to overthink Flight injuries, and usually succeeded; most people just wrote them off as out of a person’s control, and F’drel gladly took the easy answer. While he was sure plenty of riders liked leaving bruises or hurting their sex partners, at least in a Flight it most likely wasn’t intentional for the vast majority of riders. It was just something that happened, and F’drel could shove down overthinking about such things by cleaning every surface that could have possibly been touched during the Flight, including himself.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

"But...fine..." R'dal signed, resigned to the fact that he wasn't going to win this battle and would have to tidy up after bathing, which would possibly lead to another bath. As much as he wanted to point out the flawed logic in F'drel's way of doing things, he knew better than to irritate people involved in a Flight since some were rather cranky and some swatted at nuisances. Besides, he still felt like he was always pushing himself and his ideas onto his friend so if F'drel wanted to bathe first, then that was what they would do!

He took a moment to grab another set of clothes already picturing the fit F'drel would have if the same dirty clothes were put back on and grabbed the two clean towels that he thankfully still had--all the talk of cleaning but he was horrible at keeping up with his laundry and had more towels than was necessary to make up for it. Deciding they now had everything that was needed and that F'drel might enjoy quiet time, R'dal led them down to the baths without speaking except to greet a woman carrying a tray of food. He saw her regularly as his brownrider neighbour preferred her to bring him dinner and she was dessert. Edath sometimes complained about the racket they made though R'dal couldn't hear it through the stone.

R'dal led them to the empty smaller pool that was off to the side of the larger one where a few people were already soaking. He knew without asking that F'drel would prefer to avoid people and if they were lucky, most people probably wouldn't even recognise the greenrider since he was from another Weyr. Then again, a strange green Flying and now seeing a strange man in the baths, some might be smart enough to draw the right conclusions.

Deciding he was too tired to care about the bruises and who saw them, R'dal stripped where he stood and practically crawled into the hot water that drained away most of his stress. He opened his mouth to ask if F'drel would stay the night since it would be late by the time they finished cleaning and Halomirth might not want to travel after her day but closed it again. Quiet time and people around; best to just scrub away the day in silence.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel, fairly confident that R’dal had conceded and wouldn’t try to argue with him for the moment, let his friend lead the way to the baths, going back and forth between barely registering the world around him and noticing every single detail of whatever they passed and jumping at the slightest movement.

He sighed in relief when they reached the bathing pools and there was a small pool there unoccupied. It took F’drel longer than R’dal to get undressed, with F’drel carefully folding each item of clothing after removing it and stacking everything neatly by the side of the pool when he was done. Task complete, he sank into the water and curled up against the side of the pool, letting himself just relax in the water for a moment with the excuse of checking in with Miri. She was perfectly content, having moved from R’dal’s weyr to a nearby sunning ledge that had a better angle on the last rays of sunlight when Edath had returned to his weyr. Ayyonth was of course there, along with Edath, and for some reason Kadaisicalth had joined them as well. Had he chased? F’drel couldn’t remember. Halomirth was basking in all of the attention, and sprawling herself out in a rather odd position so she could be in contact with all three blue dragons at once.

It took some effort for F’drel to drag himself back to his own situation and start properly cleaning up. At least the prolonged soak would help him be in a little less pain the next day, though once he’d managed to start scrubbing F’drel went about it briskly, finishing up as quickly as possible and regretfully pull himself out of the pool and towel off to dress. R’dal’s clothes fit him fine, it wasn’t like F’drel cared about whether or not the hems of the pants were at a fashionable length or not, and the shirt was soft.

“C’mon,” he said once R’dal was equally dressed, once again letting R’dal lead the way through the halls — F’drel had no idea how to get back to R’dal’s weyr, his head had been elsewhere on the way to the baths and navigating back was beyond him. Once they were back, F’drel set his clothes down with the damp towel and moved the bundle of bedding from the bed to the floor, next to the clothes and towel. He paused then, staring blankly at the laundry. It really should be done, but he was so tired. What if he feel asleep in the laundry room? F’drel was usually good at pushing through his own exhaustion to get things done, but he was dealing with Miri’s exhaustion on top of his own, and she was a happy tired which was terrifically hard to brush off.

“Where are your clean sheets?” F’drel asked, half planning to make the bed and then head out to do laundry and half planning to make the bed and immediately pass out on it, bringing R’dal with him to be a pillow.

R'dal
of Blue Edath

Date of Birth
21.11.721, 23
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Dark, longer

Threads

R’dal added his own towel and clothes to the hamper that was already getting to be a bit full. Even without a surprise Flight in his weyr to add to the load, he was definitely due a trip down to the laundry room. Hopefully F’drel didn’t get it in his head that he had to do everything that was dirty. He knew fighting his friend about the sheets was a lost cause but he’d put his foot down when it came to trying to wash anything else. F’drel was a friend and a guest, not a drudge ordered to keep on top of washing everything!

When asked for the clean sheets, R’dal continued playing his own silent servant role and produced them from a chest that housed linens, towels, and bulkier seasonal clothing he didn’t need that often. They worked together to make the bed again and once the last pillow was in place, R’dal made his move. He had been thinking the whole time that F’drel was pushing himself too far and while he seemed almost fanatical about everything being spotless and organised and it might be risky to get in the way of that goal, F’drel needed to just stop. Stop moving, stop thinking, and just stop everything.

Coming around the bed, R’dal stepped in the way of the greenrider before he could move for the laundry or anything else. Silently he slipped R’dal slipped his arms around F’drel and held him in a tight hug. “It can all wait, F’drel. The dragons are happy, the bed is made, we’re clean… come to bed with me. You had a long day and you earned the rest.” He released the hug and took F’drel’s hand, giving it a light tug with a nod to the bed. Still holding tight, R’dal sat on the bed and shifted around until he was in his preferred spot with plenty of room for a tired greenrider to curl up beside him. His free hand patted that spot and then lifted in invitation for F’drel to claim that place and use him as a pillow.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

It was easy for F’drel to mindlessly make a bed, operating entirely by muscle memory, especially with R’dal’s assistance. It didn’t take long for the two of them to finish making the bed, and F’drel stared at it for a long moment, intending to mentally weigh his options and choose the best course of action and instead just staring blankly.

He blinked at R’dal, not entirely sure where this hug was coming from while also expecting it. As F’drel listened to R’dal the remaining willpower he had started crumbling. Almost imperceptibly he leaned into the hug, unconsciously drawn to R’dal and his suggestion of taking a break from cleaning to just rest. F’drel unintentionally let out a sort of strangled whine as R’dal stepped away to climb onto the bed, though he stayed where he was. He needed to do the laundry, it had to be done, but he was so tired and Miri’s contentment was so strong. She was just radiating happiness, curled up with most of her favorite blues, and it was so, so tempting to do the same.

And when R’dal patted the space beside him, F’drel gave in. Fine. They’d finish cleaning after a short nap. The dirty laundry was all contained, it wasn’t going anywhere, or touching anyone, and it could sit for an hour or something. It was fine, F’drel reassured himself as he dragged himself onto the bed, it was fine, he would deal with it soon, he’d just lie down for a bit first. Totally fine, he thought, curling his arms around R’dal’s middle and pulling him down to lie on the mattress with him. Just a few minutes and then he’d clean F’drel decided, burying his face in R’dal’s shoulder and promptly crashing into sleep.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)