World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 740.06.10 | Unscheduled Friend Date
3 PM | Casa

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
It wasn’t all that hard for Misharan to travel between Weyrs but he didn’t make the effort as often as he really should. He was a tad lazy about it, whatever. But sometimes he got bored and when a friend mentioned they were headed somewhere — in this case Ista — Misha tagged along as an excuse to see more friends. His ride had his own plans, and was perfectly happy to leave Misha to his own devices, namely visiting friends. Misharan hadn’t even made him promise to give him a ride back. He’d figure something out, or maybe he’d spend the night. No big deal, firelizards existed after all of he really needed to tell anyone where he was.

Due to the spontaneous nature of the visit, though, Misha hadn’t messaged ahead to see if any of his friends were free to hang. Apparently, the usual suspects already had things to do (of a boring variety) so Misharan had meandered his way to his favorite place to find someone to talk to; the dining cavern. There was always people and food there, and even if you couldn’t find someone to talk to — some people just wanted to eat and grumpily brushed off any friendly advances — there was tasty food to be eaten. Though Misha visited C’dhin enough that a lot of the regular food didn’t seem quite so good, though it made him feel a little bad about not liking the lovely kitchen workers’ cooking. Well, the cooking was great, it was the baking, really, that he was apparently becoming a bit of a snob about. Ah well, there was always fruit to eat. As he was walking up, he spotted Casa walking away from the cavern, one of her trademark summer dresses swishing around her. Misha smiled. Casa was always fun to talk to.

“Heya, Casa,” Misha greeted, ambling over to his favorite goldrider, “how’ve you been? Haven’t seen you in a bit, have I?” Not since… before Thallyath’s Flight, and wasn’t that a topic of conversation they would have to get to. He’d have to go interrogate Nerreh about it too, at some point. Goodness, he really should get over here more, shouldn’t he?

“You’re not doing anything important and boring, are you? Everyone else is, and it’s a great tragedy.” He pouted with an air of great drama, before hooking an elbow around Casa’s and linking their arms. Even if she was doing anything important, Misha was bored enough he’d tag along with her

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
Casa blinked and looked around at the sound of her name on a familiar but lately unheard voice. She’d been far-away, walking with a blank look on her face as she chatted with her dragon, twirling a lock of her golden blonde hair on her pointer finger. A warm smile spread across her lips, though, at the sight of Misharan. Like most of her more friendly age-mates, Misharan knew Casa wasn’t all sex and brainlessness, but she didn’t mind, since like R’dare and a handful of others, he kept his mouth shut and let her play her games. Casa figured the boys got their own form of amusement out of it, honestly.

“Far too long!” Casa chirped, dropping her hand so her hair created a sort of unhappy looking spiral where she’d been twirling it, and she patted the hand that was looped with her own. “Not particularly,” she laughed, holding her unoccupied hand before her mouth and tipping Misharan a wink. “No bookings either!” Casa didn’t miss the look of disgust on a couple of other folks’ faces, but she pretended to be oblivious and pranced along beside Misharan, her steps light and bouncing so her dress threatened to flash her arse to whomever was watching it.

“Whatever could be more important than you, my dear?” Casa asked dramatically, her hand now poised at her chest and her eyes widened with comical horror. She patted his arm again. “I was going to sit outside,” she said, not bothering to articulate that she’d already eaten a late lunch, and spent most of the past couple hours listening to some boring old dragonless fart or another. Casa was still trying to decide if the man were insane and had never Impressed, or had and lost his dragon in the Plague... “Did you come for food, or company?” She added, her lips twitching in amusement.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

“Bookings, how organized. I prefer a touch of spontaneity myself,” Misha said, winking back at her. Casa was such fun. They were similar, in a lot of ways — they both had a similar persona, dumb, blonde, and always ready to play. Which was partially why they got along so well, he thought; they both knew the other’s game, and what lay underneath the pouting and flirting. Misharan knew Casa was whip-smart and she knew the same about him. And they both liked the same sort of fun.

“An unfortunate amount, apparently. And much of it things I couldn’t or didn’t feel like crashing. Though I’m at the point I would consider doing chores with someone just to be less bored. Maybe. Not sure I’m actually that desperate yet.” He shrugged elegantly. His desire to not get dragged into doing extra work had won out so far, but if he hadn’t run into a conveniently unoccupied Casa he would have considered it. “I was hoping for company, of any sort, and it seems my search is over. I get to spend time with the most wonderful goldrider, how can I possibly complain?” Misha grinned at her, allowing her to guide them through the halls, to whatever outside destination she had in mind.

“Now, tell me, what are you up to these days?” Misharan asked, leaning in to rest his head on top of hers. “Tired of being grounded yet?” An unfortunate part of being bonded to a gold dragon, in his opinion — having to be stuck in one Weyr while your dragon was gravid and sand-bound. Poor Weyrwoman Ameris, Mizeath flew practically twice a turn, that was a good half the turn she must be stuck in Ista. For Casa’s sake, Misha hoped Thallyath didn’t fly nearly so often.

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa laughed, bright and amused. “Oh, I get plenty of spontaneity,” she quipped, her voice filled with laughter. She had been mostly joking with her comment about bookings, but it wasn’t entirely untrue, either. Most of the time she knew in advance when her lovers were going to drop by, though that was primarily because of the dragons. Azrin, of course, usually arranged actual political visits before he dropped by so she often knew weeks if not more in advance. Of course, sometimes he borrowed a firelizard and requested her presence. Not much, but once or twice. Casa’s nose scrunched up, as she realised she wouldn’t be able to go down to the Hold to visit him herself for a while. Gold dragons were so much work!

Another laugh was stolen from Casa, and she gave Misharan a teasing look. “You are bored!” she said playfully, giving his hip a playful bump as they walked. “Luckily, you found me, and I have no chores lined up!” Well, that wasn’t to say she didn’t have any that needed doing, but she didn’t have any that needed doing right then which was a pretty big distinction! Casa usually put off her chores until the last minute. Thallyath gave her grief for it, but the young woman felt it helped with keeping up her appearances. Besides, she hated chores, and sometimes her lovers would do them for her if she played them right.

“Terribly,” Casa moaned pitifully, as if she’d been one to go exploring actively before Thallyath had been grounded. The fact that she hadn’t wasn’t the point though. It was the fact that she now couldn’t! There was truly nothing more awful than being told ‘no’! Steering Misharan with a gentle poke, Casa lead him lazily towards her favourite bench, and settled down on it, curling her smaller body up and leaning happily into Misharan. He was so comfortable!

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

“I must be the luckiest man on Pern today,” Misharan winked at her, the motion exaggerated and goofy, “have you all to myself.” He knew she wouldn’t think he was actually flirting with her, not with any intent anyway. Misha was flirting if he was breathing, and turning it off took a great deal of effort for him and he rarely bothered. But Casa knew him well enough — or at least talked to Mylorah enough — to know his flirting was all in fun and in no way meant he wanted to hit that. Which meant he could be over the top and dramatic and not have to tone it done because he worried about accidentally leading her on, which made everything a lot easier and a lot more fun.

“Hmn,” Misha said, resting his chin on top of Casa’s head as she made herself comfortable next to him, wrapping his arm around her, “I’d say it must be like being a Candidate again, but not really, is it, since Thallyath is of course around and you can’t really just hop on another dragon and dash off to another Weyr for a visit like I can. Or can you?” Misha frowned, curious. He was pretty sure he’d seen Rhaedalyn at Hatchings even when Aradissicath was on the Sands with a Clutch. “Would Thallyath allow that? What about a short post-romp hop between?” He had no idea. It wasn’t something that was covered in the general Candidate classes since the vast majority of them were never going to Impress gold. That was the kind of thing a goldrider was taught as a Weyrling, or maybe her first Clutch. Misha had definitely never heard any statement on it one way or another. Was that a result of him being Searched?

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa laughed, eyes sparkling with her amusement. “Obviously!” Beaming, Casa blew Misharan a kiss, before tucking herself back up against him. It wasn’t really that cool weather-wise that such cuddling was needed – not like in some of the other Weyrs – but Casa admittedly didn’t get a lot of innocent affection; it was all lusty and hot and heady and not at all affection for affections’ sake. Which made Misharan special in a way no one else was. She loved that he wasn’t at all interested in anything sexual (at least with her!) but was open for cuddling and snuggling! Casa was fairly sure her lovers were divided into two groups ‘what is cuddling’ and ‘wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am’ which was pretty much the same thing, really.

“Depends on the dragon, usually,” Casa said, considering the question. With that thought, she reached out curiously to Thallyath, wondering what her dragon would think of Casa nipping off to one of the other Weyrs, or a Hold or Hall while she was stuck on the ground. She didn’t really get an answer, just a sleepy irritation at being disturbed; Thallyath’s belly was full of meat, and she was sprawled out in the sunshine, soaking up the warmth and please go away so she could go back to sleep. Casa giggled, hiding her mouth behind a hand, and shook her head. “She’s napping,” Casa said, by way of answer. “I don’t think she’d be thrilled. Maybe if there was a dragon she trusted, she might, like most mated dragons will carry their mate’s rider.” Not that Casa could honestly see Thallyath settling down! Snotty gold.

Peering up at Misharan again, Casa fluttered her eyelashes and pouted playfully. “Are you going to Stand for her babies?”

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

“Makes sense,” Misharan nodded, Casa’s head under his chin moving along with the nod, “but since she doesn’t have a mate — unless I am mistaken and she does, in which case, spill — there isn’t anyone she trusts you with. It’s sort of sweet, if a bit inconvenient. And,” he said, reaching up a hand to gently bop Casa on the nose, “nothing will stop me from giving them the chance at Impression to the prettiest Candidate at Telgar. I’d say Candidate in general, but I give Mylo equal status as prettiest Candidate.” Not that there weren’t plenty of gorgeous Candidates out there — though Kordiavis rated more as ‘hot’ than ‘pretty’ — but he had a vanity to maintain.

“Maybe I can move over here for the Hatching a little early, help keep you company. Not that you don’t have plenty of people vying for your time, but it might not hurt to have a few more people around that aren’t positively pawing at you whenever they see you. Not that desperation can’t be a good look on some people, but it gets boring after a while.” Misha rolled his eyes, snagging a lock of Casa’s hair and playing with it. He lifted his head from where it was leaning on hers, running his fingers through it to get rid of any tangles his leaning created. “Would you let me braid it, Casa?” Misharan asked, already starting to separate it into sections. “You can tell me all the things I’ve missed since I was last in Ista.”

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)