World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 739.12.29 | A Childish Request
10 AM | R’vi

Tala
of Green Niath

Date of Birth
Height
5'4"
Eyes
Light blue
Build
Hair
Tala has wavy light brown hair that she keeps cut above the shoulder. It lightens significantly in the summer and sun. It curls more strongly in the humidity.

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
The months since Niath hatched passed mostly in a blur of feeding, oiling, bathing, and getting to know the little green. There had been little time that wasn’t with or for the dragonet, especially the first two months, and Tala had put just about everything else in her life aside to focus on Niath. Now, though, the dragonets were growing and the Weyrlings were getting personal time again. That gave Tala time to miss her other little girl.

Not that she’d spent the entire four months wishing she was with Ryvala — Niath needed her, and Ryvala was nearly two turns now. Besides, Tala knew her daughter was well cared for. The Ista Weyr creche was great, as all the creches were, and one of her friends was keeping an eye on her baby as well, so she wasn’t worried, per se, but well, she was still a little paranoid. Ista was very far from Telgar when you couldn’t just hop on a dragon between. Niath couldn’t go between yet, so neither could Tala. But now Niath was old enough Tala had enough personal time — and the dragon understood that Tala had other important people in her life — that there was no reason Ryvala couldn’t be brought to her.

She’d even talked to Indivara about it, wanting to check with the Weyrlingmaster that having her daughter brought to Telgar would be okay. Indivara had agreed that the dragonets were old enough for that, and Niath in particular seemed mature enough to handle her bonded having a child about. Not that Tala would neglect her dragon for her daughter! Ryvala would likely still be spending most of her time in the creche, but Tala would be able to spend some time with her. What if Ryvala forget her because she was away so long!

Which had brought her to the predicament of how to get Ryvala from Ista to Telgar. Tala couldn’t do it herself, and pretty much all her friends were either fellow Weyrlings, Candidates, or just plain didn’t have a dragon. Left her with very few options. So she ended up borrowing a firelizard to send a message to R’vi, who both had a dragon and could travel between Weyrs (and she could maybe guilt him into it). Indivara had actually given her the idea to message him, but Tala thought it was a good one. Worth reaching out, at least. And okay, maybe her message of ‘Please come find me, need your help with something,’ was pretty vague, but Tala knew R’vi was terribly flighty around babies, especially his, and didn’t want to scare him away too soon.

Now she just had to wait.

PA - First Post!

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
He wouldn’t admit it to anyone—though everyone was likely aware—but he still struggled with time management. It was probably a good thing he didn’t have ambitious goals like Indivara with being a Weyrlingmaster and it was likely one of the reasons why he didn’t Impress bronze like his brother. Today’s issue stemmed from sleeping in, something that would surprise some people to learn wasn’t a typical thing for him to do. It relied heavily on his night’s activities and what the morning plans were. Unfortunately that morning it seemed the night plans outweighed those of the morning and R’vi found himself being rudely awakened by loud constant knocking on his door that sent him tumbling from his bed in panic—and falling to the ground because the sheet wouldn’t let go of him.

He was lectured while he dressed and it continued as he put the riding straps on the traitor Vydoriath (I swear I tried to wake you on time but your thick skull got in the way again.) and during the entire flight down to the Hold. Why had he been nominated to take the Headwoman around on her errands? Sure, he wanted to help and be seen as reliable but he had a feeling this wasn’t going to help anyone’s view on him.

By the time he returned the nagging woman, it was only late morning and his growling stomach reminded him he hadn’t eaten breakfast and lunch was a long ways away. He was exhausted from the interactions and carrying the random purchases and figured a nap would pass the time quick enough and let him ignore his stomach for a while.

Boots were removed and body was face planted onto his bed with the intent of not moving for at least two hours when a firelizard appeared a foot away from him. “You have got to be kidding me.” M’ris or maybe Ameris likely wanted to take a turn at lecturing him and didn’t that just sound like a load of fun? R’vi stared at the creature; it stared back. Finally he sighed and took the paper and shooed the firelizard away. It took two more minutes to find the energy to roll onto his back so he could open and read the note, expecting a summons—though why he did, he wasn’t sure. Dragon-to-dragon communication was usually quicker and easier than firelizard.

So the note he read caught him entirely off guard. R’vi sat up and read the brief note one more time, brows furrowed as he tried to come up with what Tala would need help with. It didn’t sound like she was in trouble and if it had to do with Niath, no doubt Tala would have specifically said that. Now he was curious about why Tala was being so vague. Maybe she needed advice and didn’t want to risk their communications getting into the wrong hands. He could respect her cautious nature in that regard as he had things certain people didn’t need to know about.

Still, was it urgent? Did he have to go right away? Yes, yes he did. He liked Tala, obviously since he did end up getting her pregnant, but they weren’t as close as he was with other people. If she was reaching out to him, there was a reason and R’vi had already disappointed enough people that day. Mustering up some more energy, the boots were put back on and Vydoriath was prepped once more before the quick hop to Telgar was made and a certain green weyrling was tracked down.

“Call for me and I shall appear,” R’vi said with a grin as his way of announcing his presence as he came up to Tala from behind. She looked physically okay which relieved some tension that was still clinging on despite what he had decided the letter meant and it made it easier to forget his hunger and bad morning.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Tala
of Green Niath

Date of Birth
Height
5'4"
Eyes
Light blue
Build
Hair
Tala has wavy light brown hair that she keeps cut above the shoulder. It lightens significantly in the summer and sun. It curls more strongly in the humidity.

Threads

Tala and Niath had been wandering aimlessly along the rim of the Weyr Bowl when she heard R’vi’s voice, at which point she spun around, pulled away from the small flowers that she had been investigating, and smiled, relieved. Not that she really thought R’vi would ignore her, but, well, they weren’t exactly close so she’d still worried a little. Niath, who had gotten a bit further ahead, trotted back towards her rider, curious about the newcomer. She’d never met him, after all, though she knew her rider was waiting for him to show up. The young green sniffed at him a little, before settling herself on the ground a length or two away to let the humans talk.

“R’vi, hi!” She said cheerfully, giving the bluerider a wave. “That was fast! Thank you for coming, how’ve you been?” Tala gave him time to answer, not wanting to rush right into her request immediately. She really did hope he was doing well, he was a friend, and it mattered to her that he wasn’t having an awful time of it. And, you know, she didn’t want him to think she only cared about the fact that he could run an errand of sorts for her. Cause she didn’t, he was a decent guy, considering, and she’d love to catch up with him. But, well, she did have a very specific goal here.

“Soooo, I need a favor, specifically from someone who can go between Weyrs and I thought of you!” Tala said, after listening politely to R’vi’s response to her last question and nodding in all the appropriate places. And really, Tala could probably find someone else to help her, but her number one choice would be her aunt down in New Katila, but Tala hated to make Delorianth between if it wasn’t absolutely necessary — the poor green’s leg, crippled in the Landslide, didn’t like the cold of between and always bothered her after. If she asked, Tala knew Ramara and Delorianth would transport their grandniece for her, and would insist on doing so, which made Tala reluctant to ask them unless absolutely necessary. Which it shouldn’t be, because R’vi would say yes! Probably.

PA - First Post!

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

R’vi smiled at the young green pair and waved at Niath when she wandered a bit closer, no doubt curious about whom the new person was. He remembered Vydoriath’s curiosity at that age and while it was cute looking back on it now, it was sometimes a headache at the time. “I’m great, as always,” which was mostly true. He felt like he had found his groove again after the far too lengthy slump his brother Impressing before him and all but flat out leaving him forever had put him in. Sure, that morning had been a bit bumpy but it wasn’t enough to keep him down for long and he regaled Tala with a fun—and clean given the audience—story that had happened to him recently. He could tell there was something she wanted to get to but appreciated her attempt to wait before jumping to it and adored the way she was still engaged in his tale.

When he finished and it was clear he was going to give her a chance to change the topic, R’vi chuckled at her lead in. “You have more restraint than some people I know. They would have launched right into it as soon as they saw me.” So she needed a favour that involved some travel time. While he was mostly relieved, R’vi was growing suspicious about where the favour was going to take him and if he would have the ability to decline.

He didn’t reply right away to indicate she should continue or that he was interested but instead focused on the small green dragonet. A few steps closer were taken before he kneeled and held out his hand to Niath to sniff or nudge but hopefully not bite in greeting. “I’m R’vi and that big guy over there is Vydoriath. I’m a friend of Tala’s and I was there the night you two met. I hope she’s not driving you too crazy,” he stage whispered the last statement, pretending it was a secret conversation for just the two of them but he glanced back to Tala and smiled. “Vy’s a pretty cool guy if you want to go meet him.” As usual, Vydoriath hung back from the humans. He didn’t like crowding them but also didn’t want to intimidate or upset Niath but R’vi knew the big blue wouldn’t mind her going to him if she wanted to.

Deciding he liked where he was but the kneeling was too much work, R’vi shifted so he could sit on the ground and patted the spot near him for Tala to join him if interested. “I feel like I may regret this but what sort of favour do you need me to do?”

Tala
of Green Niath

Date of Birth
Height
5'4"
Eyes
Light blue
Build
Hair

Threads

Niath eyed R’vi as he approached her, reaching her head out to sniff the offered hand. She tilted her head to listen to his greeting for her, filing the name and scent away for future reference — Niath would probably forget the man’s name, but she’d be able to lean on Tala’s memory to pull it up. Niath found it very convenient.

Why would she drive me crazy? The dragonet asked, not following. Her bonded was the best and the only thing she’d ever done that wasn’t ideal was having to go to classes instead of play with her, or having to put off a bath longer than Niath wanted. But those were just mild inconveniences. This man had weird ideas. Done with R’vi, Niath stood up and shook herself off, then trotted over to go sniff at Vydoriath. He didn’t smell like Telgar, and Niath was curious about it.

Tala smiled as she watched her dragon meet the new people, keeping an eye on Niath while the little green sniffed at Vydoriath, turning back to R’vi once it was clear the dragons were having a conversation. Satisfied Niath was comfortable and didn’t need her, Tala walked over to R’vi, and sat down on the ground where he indicated she should.

“Nothing that should be too inconvenient for you,” Tala teased, gently shoving his arm. It was just a trip from Ista to Telgar with a passenger, nothing too complicated. Hopefully R’vi would feel the same. “Indivara says Niath’s mature enough to meet my daughter, and I just need someone to bring her from the creche in Ista to me here. You wouldn’t even need to bring her back to Ista, ‘cause she can live here now. Not too complicated, right? It doesn’t even have to be today, if you’re busy.” In Tala’s mind it was very straightforward. She would write a message for the creche workers, asking them to pack up Ryvala’s stuff and allow R’vi to take her when he showed up, and letting them know not to expect her back. Simple! Tala was even careful not to say your daughter, because really, the request had very little to do with the fact Ryvala was his daughter. Maybe a little, but it really was mostly that he had a dragon and could travel freely between Weyrs and Tala trusted him enough that she'd let him take her baby between.

“So, what do you think?” she asked hopefully.

PA - First Post!

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

R'vi watched as the dragons got to know each other, chuckling a bit when Vydoriath laid down to be more on Niath's height and sniffed her just as much as she was sniffing him. He was about to tell his dragon to be careful he didn't squish the small dragonet but thought better of it; teasing the young pair wouldn't be nice, especially since it seemed Niath didn't understand that level of humour. It was cute, though, watching the two interact and it helped make up for earlier.

'Nothing too inconvenient' could mean a lot of different tasks and he might have a different definition than Tala did when it came to what was inconvenient or not. He waited with his best neutral expression as Tala explained what she needed so he wouldn't give away if he was willing to help or not. Currently, he was on the fence since the story thus far didn't seem to concern him that much since he thought she was going to ask him to find someone responsible enough to cart her kid around. And then she asked him to be that person. He wasn't responsible enough for that! Why would Tala ask him to do it?

The girl is yours as well, Vydoriath chimed in as he lifted a wing to let Niath further inspect him. R'vi really didn't need that reminder. Tala telling him the kid was his had both been the scariest and best day of his life because she said he didn't have to help raise Ryvala. What did he know about raising kids? His lifestyle certainly didn't lend itself to being a good environment for a child either. Tala was an angel for kicking his ass to the curb and telling him not to bother them--in politer terms, of course.

"Um." It wasn't the most eloquent of things to say when asked for his opinion on the matter but it was the only sound he could currently make. It really didn't sound difficult and she could have asked a lot worse of him. Still, was it easy to transport a child? Could they handle the chill of between? Would she scream and kick the whole time because she didn't know him? He suddenly wanted to shove his head between his legs and take deep breaths before a panic attack took him over but R'vi held on, thanks to Vydoriath's calming touch.

"Um," he tried again, gave a little laugh at his patheticness, and made himself form proper words, "If she wants to leave with me, I'll do it." He suddenly wished Tala had been seeing a dragonrider before Impressing so he could do this fabulous request of hers.

Tala
of Green Niath

Date of Birth
Height
5'4"
Eyes
Light blue
Build
Hair

Threads

Tala soothingly patted R’vi’s arm as he tried to recover the power of speech. The man was a bit emotionally constipated sometimes, even a relatively casual acquaintance like Tala could tell. She didn’t think her request was that difficult, but she was her and he was him and they clearly had different standards. That was alright, though Tala really hoped she didn’t have to find someone else to ask. Her list of options was pretty short. R’vi’s twin was on it, but asking N’vian would be a bit low, she felt, and having never really met the bronzerider Tala wasn’t overly inclined to trust him with her child, though in theory he’d be careful if he knew the girl was his niece. It really wasn’t something to seriously consider unless R’vi wouldn’t do it himself and suggested his brother as an alternative. Tala couldn’t tell if he would, she had no idea where they stood with each other these days. R’vi definitely had dragonriding friends he could direct the request to, but Tala wasn’t entirely sure she was willing to trust a random friend of R’vi’s unless she had absolutely no other options.

Thankfully, once R’vi recovered his ability with words, he seemed at least somewhat agreeable to the idea. Tala breathed a sigh of relief.

“Thank you.” She leaned in to give him a one-armed hug. “I mean it. And I’m sure she’ll happily go with you. She gets to go live in the same Weyr as her mom again, as well as a chance to ride on her dad’s dragon. Not that I think she’ll recognize you as such, and you don’t have to tell her. I probably will once she’s here if you don’t, but I’m not going to make you.” Tala paused for a moment, considering her next words. “I said you don’t need to take responsibility for raising her, and I stand by that. I can take care of Ryvala without your help, and even today I’m asking for your help more as my friend than as her father, but that doesn’t mean you have to completely avoid her. You don’t have to be involved in her life to any major extent if you don’t want to, and I’ll never make you, but the option to get to know your daughter is open. If you want to take it, anyway.” Tala wasn’t going to force him into promising anything, and she really did’t want him being resentful about being around Ryvala, because that would be no good for the young girl’s self esteem, but it was important to her that Ryvala have the option to know her father.

Tala had never known her mother or father — her mother had died giving birth to her, and her father had almost surely died in the Plague. She didn’t even know his name for sure. She had a list, that her mother had given her aunt, of the men she’d slept with in the timeframe her pregnancy started, but her mother had taken to Flight mothing with a vengeance and the list wasn’t exactly short, and as far as Tala knew, all of them were dead by the time the dragonriders reunited to found Katila. And Tala loved her aunt, but she always wondered what it would have been like to know her parents, or at least know her father’s identity. She didn’t need R’vi to have anything to do with taking care of Ryvala, but it would be nice if her daughter could at least point him out in a crowd, if not know him at least a little.

“Anyway,” Tala continued, moving on to the logistics of getting her daughter to Telgar, “I’ll write a message to the creche workers and send that ahead, letting them know when you’ll be there and such. They’ll pack up her things and make sure she’s dressed for travel and so forth, and if you have any questions about transporting a child on dragon back you can ask them, they’ll be able to help.” She had gone to the Telgar creche herself, making sure Ryvala could move in there and getting to know the woman in charge of it, and they had mentioned being able to train people in how to best seat children of different ages on a dragon. The Ista creche surely knew the same. “See, I’m doing most of the work for you,” she teased with a smile, before suddenly getting serious again. “That works for you? I have a message all drafted up and everything, I just needed a name to put in it. Just let me know whenever you’re ready to get her, and I can send it. And by ‘whenever’ I would prefer within a week or two, please,” she concluded, switching back to lighthearted and teasing from responsible mother.

PA - First Post!

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

He nodded every so often but R'vi had mostly tuned Tala out as he thought about what he agreed to. It really wasn't that big of a deal, and he knew it, but it still felt like it was. It was kind of life altering in his mind. What if the kid decided she liked him? Worse, what if he liked her? He always avoided kids as best as he could, mostly because he didn't know how to act around them and hadn't a clue in how to converse with them. Honestly, he was surprised he had friends. He had been attached to Nyvian's side since he could remember and they did everything together. They were also among the oldest of the kids in Katila so at times they outgrew what the others were still into. If he really wanted to dig into the parties they started throwing when they were viewed more as adults than brats, R'vi knew he'd find that even then the socializing involved drinking, sex, and flirting. He wasn't normal in so many ways. He lived in a forest with his mom and twin then lived in a community of other forest people, then only had his brother because his parents died, then he was sleeping with anyone that wanted him, then he was alone because Nyvian Impressed without him. A mental breakdown and dragon of his own later and R'vi was back to just sleeping with people and not forming much of a deeper connection with anyone. He really was fucked up.

"I don't want to scare her, Tala," he spoke softly and kept his gaze on the dragons. He couldn't bare to look at her and risk seeing pity or even just annoyance at him being dramatic or some such conclusion. Truthfully, he probably was being dramatic but he also firmly believed Ryvala would be better off without him in her life. He had no objections to her knowing he was her father since some people felt that was vital information to have to avoid sleeping with a sibling, but he had nothing to offer the girl and might just freak her out with his weirdness. Even Niath wasn't sure what to make of him.

"Anyway," he forced a smile and tried to sound chipper and carefree as per his usual as he finally faced Tala, "I don't want to rush them but I don't want you to wait any longer to see your daughter. Think they'll have her ready to go around dinner? That'll also give me time to check over Vydoriath's straps so you won't have to worry about safety."

Tala
of Green Niath

Date of Birth
Height
5'4"
Eyes
Light blue
Build
Hair

Threads

“I’ll take that as a ‘not yet,’ then,” Tala said, leaning in to give R’vi another one-armed hug. That was all right. Some people just didn’t do well with young children. Not that Tala felt that was the only hang up R’vi had, but she wasn’t here to analyze all his feelings about children or himself. She had a goal, and she wasn’t going to threaten achieving it by pushing too hard. It was extremely unlikely R’vi would back out now, but still. Tala worried.

“Around dinner sounds good,” she continued, accepting the change in topic, “that’ll be plenty of time for them to get ready. And I can make sure everything’s ready here, too.” Tala had already talked to the creche, and she would likely have to do some sort of paperwork for the Weyrleader or something — there was always paperwork — but that sort of thing could wait until Ryvala was in her new home. She turned to watch the dragons, who seemed to be having some sort of conversation. Niath had settled in by Vydoriath’s feet, not quite touching him, but looking up at him as if she was listening intently. Tala wondered what sort of things the blue might be telling her dragonet. What did dragons gossip about?

“Have Vydoriath let Niath know when you get here, and we’ll meet you down in the Bowl somewhere. Back here maybe? That works, right?” Tala asked, after thinking on it a moment. Seemed a reasonable plan of action. And it would be easy for her to just hang out in the Bowl with Niath in the reasonable late afternoon weather Telgar had this time of the turn and wait. Deciding that would be suitable, Tala looked back at R’vi.”

“Really, R’vi, thank you, it means a lot,” Tala said, smiling at him gratefully. “If there’s ever anything I can help you with, just let me know. We’re friends, after all.” Tala liked to think they were, at least. She was hardly pining after him — been there, done that, got a souvenir in the form of a tiny human — but he was decent people, and it never hurt to stay in touch with old friends. Sometimes they agreed to ferry your daughter around.

PA - First Post!

R'vi
of Blue Vydoriath

Date of Birth
28.05.712, 32
Height
5'9
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

R’vi smiled at Tala saying they were friends. Could she read minds like a dragon and knew he was feeling a bit weird about what counted as a friend? More likely she was just commenting on the fact that he did a favour for her and she wanted to return it if possible. But he liked the idea of them being friends. She had been fun to hang out with and after she gave birth, he admittedly gave her a wide berth. Again, it went back to not knowing what to do with a baby but also he didn’t want to be a distraction while she raised a kid. Then she Impressed and he kept his distance so the young dragon could adapt to everything. Now, though, maybe he could pop in sometimes to see how the pair was doing. It seemed Vydoriath was amused with Niath as well so he wouldn’t mind the socializing.

That being said, it was time to break up their little gathering. Getting to his feet, R’vi stretched and amended his day’s plans to be a quick meal, a nap, and then ferrying Ryvala to her mom. If he didn’t stop to think on the task too much, he wouldn’t panic and overthink anything and that was the way he preferred. Someone once told him he was just dancing through life and while he was pretty sure it was supposed to have been an insult, R’vi liked it and made it his motto. Life was just better when you were dancing and not fretting about anything.

“I’ll leave you to get prepared on your end, maybe enjoy the afternoon’s quiet for the last time,” he laughed, teasing her about having a toddler and dragonet around soon. He couldn’t imagine much would get done when Tala had them both in her care, no matter how short the time was with Ryvala before she was back in the crèche.

At the dragons, R’vi gave Vydoriath an affectionate pat to the side before climbing up. “Sorry, Niath. I’m stealing the big guy away for a bit but we’ll be back tonight if you want to see him again.” He’d ask Vydoriath later what they talked about and his impression of the little green. For all he knew, they actually couldn’t stand each other but didn’t want to interrupt their humans’ serious conversation.

Vydoriath waddled a bit further from the pair to help limit the dust and breeze he would cause before he took off with powerful flaps of his wings. R’vi gave a wave to Tala and then turned his attention back to the task of jumping back to Ista. Just before he did, he decided he wasn’t hungry anymore and sleep sounded like the best cure for what had happened already that day and to help prep him for what he still had to do.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)