World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

We're Supposed to be Working [R'nd]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
He is only going to tease you. Niskziath's words were a gentle, even playful warning as her bonded left his hut. V'zire was dressed in clothes that were beaten enough that an outing into the Western Forests really wouldn't inflict that great of a change on their state.

'I know, I don't mind.' V'zire answered her silently, an easy-going smile flickering across his face. It was a wonder why V'zire put up with R'nd's flirtations, especially since he had no desire to ever respond to them in earnest. At this point in their life, though, he assumed that R'nd's flirtations were made out of habit, and had no real intention behind them. It made him feel a little less guilty for every time he rejected him, though his rejections often came in the form of stuttered sentences and uncertain hand gestures to try and get his point across. Really, his reactions were probably the only reason that R'nd couldn't resist making advances on him. From what he heard, R'nd was investing a great deal of interest in someone else, so maybe V'zire would be able to avoid his old classmate's more obvious advances.

If you are certain. I will see if Ayyonth would be so kind as to ask his bonded to tone down his flirting. If I was a human, I would blush for you.

'Thanks, but I don't think that's nec -- You did it anyways, didn't you?'

Niskziath's voice was already reaching out to R'nd's blue as her bonded spoke with her. Ayyonth? If you do not mind, could you ask your bonded to avoid tormenting mine for great lengths today? The green dragon was not coming with her bonded, preferring to spend the day basking in what light there was and daydreaming about all the colors dragons should come in. Pink would be such a brilliant color! It would stand out magnificently against the sky, so no one would miss a pink dragon! She wished she was pink, then perhaps she would get more attention for being so brilliantly colored. Oh, and mine is on his way. I do not think your's is really up at this time, so we would greatly appreciate it if you woke him. Mine can wait, though. He is awfully patient. She really didn't want V'zire to intrude on R'nd!

...Especially considering R'nd's habits.

The young dragonrider was already on his way to R'nd's hut, and Niskziath couldn't bring herself to remind her bonded of this fact. He'd be awfully embarrassed to hear it! (She, however, did not realize he'd be awfully embarrassed to stumble upon it - Niskziath did not always think ahead). Arriving at his friend's hut, he knocked politely on the door. Of course, V'zire was the type to be up early in the morning, so the timing now did not seem bad to him. They needed all the time they could get if they were going to go take care of some chores today.
Code:
[span style="background-color:#64B116;"][color=#CCFFCC]Niskziath Speech[/color][/span]

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Ayyonth flexed his wings and stretched out in his hollow when Niskziath’s soft voice was the final thing to fully rouse him. The early morning sun was always nice to revel in when he wasn’t making R’nd rise to bathe him. Of course that activity ended with him sunning for a while as well so it was a win-win situation no matter his mood upon waking. I cannot predict what his behaviour will be but I’d hardly call it tormenting. If anything, your bonded always denying R’nd is torment. Not that Ayyonth minded. In fact, the blue loved it every time R’nd and V’zire got together and the greenrider shot down every advance with awkward consistency. One day he would have to praise the man for his turns of a job well done and providing so much entertainment. Today, however, he would simply start with humouring Niskziath. But I’ll see what I can do about his flirting and making sure he answers the door in more than pants. Though if he answered in the nude, the reaction he received might be worth V’zire’s minor heart failure.

R’nd was alone in his bed, having had no one over or gone out the night before. Even still, he wasn’t sure he wanted to rise before the midday meal despite knowing he had chores to do. Yet, he was awake, lying in bed on his back staring at the boring ceiling above him. Maybe he should paint his hut or get new decorations? R’nd, stop planning a future of interior design. V’zire approaches and Niskziath asks if you could refrain from flirting so much. Laughter was the immediate reply Ayyonth received but it was quickly followed by a cheerful, “not a chance!”

Sliding out of bed, R’nd dug through his clothing to find something acceptable for the less than pleasing task of numbweed picking before grabbing his boots and lacing them up. He was messing with his hair when the knock came so a shirt that could also be spared for mucking about in the forest was scooped up but instead of being kind and finishing dressing before answering the door, R’nd held off. Only chance he could get to see V’zire blushed helped lessen the blow of reality that the greenrider didn’t want him.

“I had hoped you would get over the annoying habit of waking early,” R’nd’s greeting when the door was opened was accompanied by a smile, his shirt resting on a shoulder leaving his torso exposed to the almost prudish man, “you’ll never know how I’ll greet you after all.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I figured we'd get an...

Uhhmmm. An.... earlystart." R'nd had the pleasure of witnessing V'zire's face shift through three expressions in a matter of seconds. At first he had seemed perfectly cheerful when R'nd answered the door, likely eager to see his friend and get their chores for the day out of the way. The next emotion was undoubtedly confusion when he realized that R'nd was not dressed and ready to go. Then it was just flat out embarrassment that his friend was not dressed (and if he knew any better, he'd suspect it was just so R'nd could see the reaction he was giving him now). V'zire really had no idea why R'nd persisted in pursuing him. V'zire considered himself fairly tied up (though those reasoning were either sketchy or not sound, but at least he seemed to be happy with them) and wouldn't give in to R'nd while he was 'with' R'ore. He wasn't sure he'd even give in to R'nd if R'ore wasn't around. R'nd was a great friend, but beyond that... V'zire just did not just hope around into anyone's bed, at all.

R'nd probably wasn't the person to change that.

"Y-Your... shirt is on your... shoulder," he pointed out helplessly, though he was being careful not to stare at R'nd. Not only was that rude, but he was pretty sure that was what R'nd wanted. It would have taken R'nd two seconds to actually put it on, so V'zire was beginning to suspect that it was intentionally left off. 'I thought you asked Ayyonth to...?'

I did. It does not mean that your request will be listened to, however. I'm sorry. Just look at things this way, he is only shirtless. Us dragons are naked all the time, every day.

'That isn't helping!' he mentally relayed to his dragon, who at least was inclined to let him feel her sympathies. She knew her bonded was a prude, and she was as well. For a green pair, both had really only slept with one dragon and one rider so far. Niskziath wouldn't pick anyone else, though she was beginning to realize what kind of strain she was unintentionally putting on her bonded. If only R'ore wasn't so infatuated with someone else! The dragon was perfect for Niskziath, but the rider was not for V'zire. She didn't want things to change, but perhaps it would be better for V'zire in the long run to find him a more suitable partner.

Maybe R'nd and Ayyonth?

She poked into her bonded's mind curiously, and decided that maybe she should hold that thought. I am greatly relieved that your bonded is mostly dressed. Pass on my thanks, I would appreciate it. At least Niskziath could see that being shirtless was an improvement to being naked.

"We should probably... g-get going." He was still embarrassed, even after he had ample time to acclimate to the shock of a shirtless R'nd.

Code:
[span style="background-color:#64B116;"][color=#CCFFCC]Niskziath Speech[/color][/span]

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“Indeed it is as that’s where it was placed so I could come greet you,” R’nd smiled cheerfully as he enjoyed V’zire’s reaction. It had taken turns to reach this level of carefree acceptance of being denied at every attempt. He still did find his friend attractive and wouldn’t mind having a tumble into bed with the man but the fact that V’zire had some sort of built in immunity to his charms wasn’t quite as irritating or such a blow to the ego as it once was. Now, he had himself convinced it was just a game though he did try to ease up at times so V’zire didn’t feel like he was under attack. Even good-natured ribbing could go too far. “Worry not, though, as it’s far too cool this morning to go without a shirt.” Still with that amused smile in place, R’nd quickly tossed the shirt on, smoothing it down over his torso and holding his arms out to show V’zire he was now fully covered.

Niskziath appreciates your restraint you’re already showing. I’m sure she’ll shower you in compliments and gratitude if you keep it up. Ayyonth knew, as R’nd had already stated, there wasn’t a chance of his bonded not hitting on the timid greenrider at all during their duties together that day but he suspected it wouldn’t be as bad as it could be when R’nd got into a groove and didn’t always realize his innocent words weren’t that innocent. Call for me should you need me. As discussed the night before, Ayyonth would also stay behind as he had no desire to frolic in the numbweed fields like R’nd was expected to.

R’nd, for his part, felt betrayed that his dragon wouldn’t take up the curse of that particular chore with him but it wasn’t all that bad. He had I’shan and Volfetti assigned to the same task and V’zire’s aligned nicely as well so he had decent company. Grabbing the sack of needed materials for his chore that he had left near the door the night before, R’nd slipped outside, shutting the door behind him. He gave a clap to the back of his friend and took a step forward, indicating he was ready to move on and V’zire had better keep up. “So what will you be collecting while I hack away at those horrible plants?”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I figured helping you would count as 'gathering'," V'zire answered cheerfully. Now that R'nd was dressed, he didn't have much reason to keep stumbling over his own words. It was unclear as to why he got so embarrassed every time someone hit on him. Maybe he felt inclined to respond, but knew better than to. As V'zire saw things, he was tied up with someone else. It wasn't likely, however, that he'd be all that much more receptive to flirtations even if he wasn't bound to a different bluerider. V'zire wasn't seeking a physical relationship, he got enough of that in Niskziath's flights. He wanted an emotional bond, one that he kept trying to find in R'ore but never received. Since their relationship was physical, it was the closest he could get to what he wanted.

Do you want me to come with? Niskziath offered, changing her mind a little when she felt the flickering of V'zire's thoughts.

'No, I'm fine. Enjoy sunning yourself, you deserve it.'

If you are sure, then I certainly will. Niskziath relented, and her presence left his mind completely as she minded herself. Her bonded could take care of himself, but she was prone to worrying about him over even the smallest slight. She knew how poorly he took to being flirted with, and was not the sort of dragon to take pleasure at her bonded's expense.

"I figure your chore is horrible enough that you wouldn't mind the help? If there's anything useful nearby I'll pick it up to at least make it look like I did my own chore." He really did feel infinitely better with R'nd having his shirt on, and was even more pleased that the bluerider wasn't hovering over him. He knew R'nd by now, and knew what to expect when it came to the man's flirtations. Of course, even though he knew what was coming, he never knew quite how to respond to it. V'zire figured that before giving R'nd the chance to make some advances on him, he'd steer their conversation in a safe direction - away from him.

"So, what's been going on with you lately? Anyone new in your life? Oh, right, you had a baby, didn't you? Congratulations!" It was far easier to talk about someone else's life than his own, after all.
Code:

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“My chore is extremely horrible and I’m not quite awake enough to even attempt pretending that you don’t have to help out,” he gave a sly smile to V’zire before acting more like the age he looked than he actually was by sticking his tongue out at the greenrider. “It will be appreciated though. If we come across anything else that’s needed while out there, I’ll help you out as well.” He could be greedy and a tad selfish at times but fair was fair and when it came to friends, R’nd didn’t mind exerting a little extra effort. He also didn’t have much else planned for the day so doubling up on chores would make both men look good.

If he didn’t kill V’zire first for coming up with such taboo topics!

While Ayyonth was set to laze in bed so to speak, he had yet to withdraw completely from R’nd’s mind so when V’zire’s joyous congratulations were given and R’nd stuttered and nearly tripped over his own feet at Benden being mentioned, the blue could only do one thing; he laughed. A lot. Oh shut up! R’nd’s annoyance only increased the amusement Ayyonth projected and R’nd had to bite his tongue to keep from yelling at the dragon out loud as well as to stop the grimace. He still wasn’t used to that topic and people knowing he was a dad. R’nd wasn’t used to that idea.

“Technically Volfetti had the baby. I just showed up for the fun portion. …and agreed Benden is mine when she introduced us.” The last part was nearly mumbled as R’nd was still dealing with the fact he was an acknowledged father along with how easily he had given in. He was fairly certain if it had been anyone other than the woman he had tried to bed, befriend, and then feel sorry for with her attempt to runaway, he would have held his resolve to turn down the mother and child. At least no other women had come forward with brats of varying ages saying he fathered them as well because Volfetti showed it could be done.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"If you stop picking on me, I'd be more keen to help you with your chores more often," V'zire offered. He already knew that R'nd wouldn't rise to the bait. Despite having turned him down more times than any human could count,  R'nd kept trying. They were two different types of people, and he would have assumed that R'nd realized this a while ago if the man did not continue to try and encourage him into his bed. R'nd was all about physical trysts, and V'zire was all about an emotional relationship. The physical side to relationships was the icing on the cake, and while nice, was not all that important. Since R'nd wasn't interested in having his cake and eating it, V'zire wasn't all that interested in him in that way. As a friend, R'nd was a great guy. As anything else? Nooo way.

It was the first time that V'zire actually managed to get R'nd back for all the times he made him feel awkward by flirting with him. He stared at his friend with shock as the man nearly tripped. Well... V'zire wasn't the type of person to have fun at someone else's expense, but he couldn't help but laugh at the man's reaction to the turn in their conversation. It was a helpless sound, as if he just found their new situation too hilarious to ignore. He paused in their movement forward long enough for R'nd to regain control of his own body, and probably so his next inquiry wouldn't actually trip the man.

"But that's good! We all assume you have a few children floating about by now, but I'm glad you've recognized one as your's. He's guaranteed to be well off with your looks and his mother's care." And no, he wasn't hitting on R'nd. He was just being polite! V'zire wasn't sure R'nd had much to offer besides his handsome looks. However, he was sure that R'nd had zero parenting skills, otherwise he would have known if he had more kids roaming about, and would have stepped up to the plate for them all instead of the one that was forced on him. "You'll like having a baby, I promise."
Code:

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

V’zire’s innocence was normally alluring and even endearing, leaving R’nd with a desire to corrupt the greenrider, even if only a little bit. Now, however, it was bordering on being downright annoying and the bluerider couldn’t tell if the man was being serious, teasing him, or completely oblivious to anything he was saying during their conversation and the effect it was having on R’nd. Children had never been a favourite topic of R’nd’s and he had been happily living in his own little world of pretending he didn’t have an army of mini-R’nds running around. A blind eye was constantly given and his gaze never lingered on a blonde child long enough to register if they looked like him or not. Volfetti’s daring move of approaching him and simply being who she was had earned his promise to try to be a father to Benden but he was pretty sure neither of them had a big stock in those words. Come to think of it, he probably should attempt to do something soon for the mother and child.

“Yeah… never mention that again. Unless you like thinking about a wing filled of my clones set loose upon the weyr… upon you.” R’nd shot an evil grin at his friend as he gave a bit of revenge back for the conversation he was now stuck in. He could pretend it never happened and he was suddenly deaf but since Kerrin knew that tactic meant a sore spot or something uncomfortable had been touched upon, R’nd didn’t doubt that V’zire had or would figure it out as well. “But you’re right, Benden will be quite handsome with me as his father.” If nothing else, Volfetti and their son could thank him for his genes.

While R’nd was on his way to recovering from the baby talk, V’zire had to go and open his mouth again, this time leaving the flirty bluerider baffled. “Why would I like having a baby and why do you promise I will? You don’t have a brat tucked away in your hut, do you?” R’nd couldn’t say one way or the other. He assumed V’zire hadn’t fathered any kids, or none he laid claim to, given how prudish the man was and how tied he seemed to be to R’ore but it wasn’t like he was ever invited into the skittish greenrider’s hut to nose around. No, there wasn’t a chance of V’zire being a dad but the guy did seem the sort to enjoy hanging around the crèche or spending time with the weyrbrats when they were on free time.

V’zire was attractive but he was a weird, weird man.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)