World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 03.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [EVENT] 740.04.01 | Evening Sorrows
6pm | F'drel

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
A'tay really wasn't sure where he was. He knew he had blindly followed a man that was practically a stranger to him--though a part of him did recall seeing the man with Mylorah sometimes so he had to be a decent guy--and allowed himself to be locked into a bedroom. Alone. There had been relief at that once he realised his begging had been answered but Xyxyth's lust was becoming unbearable and he was soon struggling with staying away from the door and trying to open it.

In the end, A'tay sat in the furthest corner of the room with his knees drawn up to his chest, happily hiding in the darkness as he told Xyxyth over and over he didn't want to chase and that he wasn't ready. Just because he had a crush on one girl didn't mean he wanted just anyone. His dragon was still young--they both were, really--and didn't understand the distinction between being ready to hook up with anyone because it was just sex and wanting to be with one particular person because holding their hand was nice and every other aspect of a relationship didn't seem quite as intimidating with that one girl in mind.

His head was killing him and felt like it would split open at any moment. A'tay sat with his head cradled between his knees as his fingers massaged his temples. He didn't like his vision going between his happy darkness and the sky with everything zipping by below. At least he was in darkness and not trying to walk somewhere--that had been a lot more complicated and unpleasant but it still wasn't a picnic he was enjoying either. "I don't want to chase. I don't want to sleep with Casa," it was his mantra and he chanted it over and over, focusing on his breathing to help keep from going insane and banging down the door. He didn't want to join the chase! He wanted his dragon--

A'tay screamed and nearly jumped out of his skin when a gentle feminine voice prodded his mind to see if he was okay. He really didn't need another dragon in his head! He didn't want any in his head! "Fine. Swell. Please go away," He spoke aloud through clenched teeth as he was already concentrating on too many other things to focus his thoughts at what he assumed was the green dragon of the man that rescued him. He appreciated the concern but he couldn't handle it right then and was suddenly worried he was going to throw up on the kind man's bedroom floor.

Frustration, fear, and embarrassment were strong motivators. A'tay knew he couldn't stay hidden away and continue fighting the nature of the Flight for much longer. If he didn't give in and merge with his dragon, he could very well make himself sick or do damage to his brain or vision. He didn't know and they really didn't teach that sort of thing. They were told to give in to the dragon during Flights and ride it out but he didn't want that. "I don't want that!"

He was completely unsure about how much time had passed since Thallyath had started this whole miserable experience but it felt like a life time and he was tired. "No more, Xyxyth. I don't want this. Not yet," the words were barely above a whisper but they were filled with emotion. Still, they didn't seem to sway his dragon that was caught up in lust and the belief that he knew what was best for them.

That was the last straw for A'tay as he shakily got to his feet and planted them shoulder-width apart to keep himself mostly balanced as he took one deep ragged breath after the other as he steadied himself for what he was about to do. He knew it was possible to keep dragons grounded for one reason or another but it took a strong mind for a battle of wills and he always assumed that also meant an older and more experienced dragonrider. But he was desperate. "I said no! We are not chasing today! Get your shiny hide on the ground. Now!"

He swayed from the concentration he was putting into every word and ignored the guilt that spiked both from hearing his dragon's dismay and how Xyxyth's own guilt started to suffocate their bond. I'm sorry, TayTay. You seemed ready. I didn't... Are you okay? A'tay could feel his dragon's frustration at being cock blocked mingling with the guilt and concern but he didn't care. The lust was fading and his vision wasn't bouncing all over the place now so that earned a small smile and a whispered, "thank you," before his knees buckled as he passed out.

Xyxyth gave an indelicate squeal of distress as he landed in the Bowl below Halomirth's ledge. He didn't dare go up to where his rider was, though the thought that he was with a greenrider distressed him as much as A'tay being unconscious. But Halomirth was a sweet dragon and spoke highly of her rider so Xyxyth hoped that was true and A'tay would be safe. Still, even as he sank down into the sand, head lowered in shame, he called up to the green dragon, Watch over A'tay for me, please. The Flight is over for us and he is a good kid and might be hurt because of me.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
F’drel had not woken up that morning thinking he’d find himself in his current situation, pacing outside his bedroom that currently held a bronzerider who had panicked and asked to be locked up to avoid fully participating in a Flight. Yeah, it really had never occurred to him as a possibility.

But what the fuck was he supposed to do? Tell the kid no and leave him to the mercy of the next person he ran into? Fuck that, F’drel didn’t trust the general populace of the Weyr enough to even consider it. He wasn’t going to let anything like that happen to him.

Didn’t give him a better idea of what he should do just then, though. Wait the Flight out? Keep pacing out here? Going in to check on A’tay just sounded like a horrible idea, being alone in a room with a bronzerider mid-Flight lust who really, really didn’t want to be participating in the Flight at all? No, that would almost certainly end badly and F’drel refused to risk A’tay like that. Which meant he just had to wait out here until A’tay was ready to come out. He could do that, even if the whole experience was major disconcerting — he could just barely hear A’tay speaking from within the bedroom, but not well enough to identify words.

He jumped when he heard A’tay scream, and almost rushed to the door to check on him when Halomirth spoke up. That was me, I’m sorry, I asked if he was okay and I think I startled him. He says he’s fine, but he doesn’t feel like he’s fine, so I’m not sure he’s right, she said, clearly worried about A’tay. She hated when people were distressed, it made her uneasy. What if she was at fault? A’tay clearly didn’t like her checking on him — he screamed, and screaming was bad. But she just wanted to see if she could help! Humans were so confusing.

For his part, F’drel was mostly reassured by Miri’s admission. Being bespoken by a new dragon was pretty startling, and when you were already under a lot of mental stress F’drel could completely understand screaming in surprise — he’d never do it, but that was due to years of repressing and hiding reactions, not a lack of a desire to scream. Still, he hovered worriedly around the door, continuously debating whether or not to go in.

The decision was made for him by the dragons, as Xyxyth’s vocal distress reached him in the weyr and Halomirth whined nervously, agitated by how upset the bronze (and his rider) were. Neither sounded good to F’drel, so he decided, fuck it, better see if A’tay was alright. He quickly moved the chair out of the way and opened the door. It swung open just in time for F’drel to see an unconscious bronzerider hit the floor.

“Fuck,” he muttered, rushing over to check on A’tay. By some miracle, he seemed to have fallen downwards, not forward, so his head was actually the last part to hit the floor, which was… good, since it was a solid stone floor and F’drel didn’t have a rug to soften it. “Shit.”

He was debating getting the spare pillow for A’tay when the young bronzerider’s eyelids fluttered and F’drel immediately moved to kneel beside him.

“A’tay?” he asked quietly, making sure to leave space between them so A’tay wouldn’t feel crowded or anything. And then he waited, not wanting to overwhelm the kid with too much talking. He probably had a stressed dragon doing that already.

We will, Halomirth promised, adjusting her wings nervously, working herself up with worry for everyone involved. Would you like to come up here? The ledge has plenty of space and you can be closer to him. I don’t mind at all, she offered. Maybe A’tay and Xyxyth would both feel better if they weren’t so far from each other.

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A’tay felt like he was floating. He thought he tried to move a limb but it didn’t respond; or maybe he didn’t actually try. He was still confused about who he was and wasn’t at the moment with his head throbbing with pain while simultaneously spinning. At least he figured it was all in his head because the room actually spinning sounded like a more concerning issue than the fact that he was seeing it from the floor with a headache. His eyes fluttered shut again and that was also concerning as he didn’t seem to care that an unfamiliar voice had just called his name. No, a nap sounded far more important right then.

That is F’drel of Halomirth. They took you in when I didn’t listen, Xyxyth sounded so distraught at that and it helped jog the memory of what had transpired leading up to his time on the floor. You fainted after I landed but you haven’t been gone long. I’m so sorry, TayTay! A’tay heard the distressed cry in his head rather than with his ears though he imagined Xyxyth had made the noise vocally as well. Stupid gold dragon and her stupid suitors were still racing around and making far too much noise for his head.

It’s fine. I’m fine. We’ll sort it all out later, A’tay managed to keep the assurance in his head as he slowly reached a hand up to said body part. He gingerly poked and prodded his skull, verifying that the pain was all within and it didn’t seem like he had cracked his melon open. Satisfied with his assessment, A’tay debated sitting up and addressing his saviour. It seemed like an awful lot of work but it had to be done, if only to keep F’drel from worrying about him. He didn’t want to inconvenience the man more than he already had and he really didn’t want a Healer called in to check on him.

Slowly, as moving too quickly set the room spinning again, A’tay found his way to a sitting position though he was hunched over and holding his stomach. “I think I might be sick,” he confessed and wondered if the day could get any worse.

Xyxyth appreciated the offer to join Halomirth on her ledge but he didn’t reply one way or the other to her. He had to make sure A’tay was fine when he felt his rider come back to consciousness. When it seemed like he would survive a little longer without a careful eye on him, the young bronze considered the offer. He did want to be close but he also deserved to sit alone in the sand for being a bad mate. However, A’tay didn’t seem mad—yet; but maybe that was coming when they were alone—and it would be rude to ignore the kind offer. I appreciate that, Halomirth. I think I will join you and let A’tay have the option to see us if he wishes. As he rose up and settled on the ledge a moment later, Xyxyth had a feeling A’tay would stay inside a while longer as he sorted out his feelings. Maybe talking with F’drel would help him as well.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

It was a relief when A’tay opened his eyes, though F’drel’s panic spiked when they closed again. Thankfully, A’tay seemed to be functioning, and F’drel watched him carefully as he reached up to feel his own head. He hadn’t actually hit his head, had he? Or was it more about the mental strain of resisting his dragon and fighting to ground him, which apparently worked since Miri informed him Xyxyth had joined her on the ledge. No matter what the cause, F’drel fretted quietly as A’tay struggled to sit up, not sure if he was welcome to help him up.

“Maybe you should lie back down,” he suggested, looking around for something A’tay could be sick into if need be. He had a trash bin next to his small night stand, that would probably do, and F’drel carefully stood up, moving to grab the trash bin as well as the spare pillow. “Here,” he said, putting both down next to A’tay. “Anything else I can get for you? Water?” F’drel hovered awkwardly near A’tay, not entirely sure the best thing to do next. His instincts said to keep an eye on him, but the bronzerider may just want to be left alone for a little while. He didn’t want to push the kid if he was uncomfortable, even if he was worried about him.

Why did Flights have to be so fucking complicated? He wasn’t even supposed to have anything to do with this one.

Halomirth rumbled slightly at Xyxyth, encouraging him to come up to the ledge and take as much space as he needed. She shuffled a little to lie closer to him, silently offering to let him him lean against her if he wanted to, or needed the reassurance. The bronze was young, younger than her, even, and Halomirth knew new emotions from her rider in her first turn or so could be really overwhelming, and she wanted to offer Xyxyth her support.

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A'tay was focusing on keeping his stomach contents right where they were, using almost as much willpower on that action as he had on his dragon. He was already embarrassed and wanted to find a hole to hide or die in --he hadn't quite decided what level of trauma the day was at yet-- so he certainly didn't want to be sick, even in the bin that was now in his possession and being hugged to his chest like a cherished childhood doll. The pillow looked inviting and he almost curled back up on the floor with his head comfortably nestled on what looked to be delightfully soft but that would require losing his new friend the trash bin. So he stayed upright and slowly scooted his way backwards until his back found the wall and he slumped against it.

Water didn't sound like a bad idea but what if F'drel didn't have any and went off to fetch another pitcher? And using a cup meant another dish to clean and F'drel had already helped him, he didn't need to clean up after him as well. So A'tay shook his head, declining the offer of water but did suddenly have an idea of what else could be done. "Can you tell Xyxyth I'm fine? I'm not sure he believes me and all of his emotions aren't helping my headache or stomach." Remorse, regret, fear, anxiety, and a few others he couldn't ascertain due to the stew of emotions roiled through him leaving his both nauseated and with his own emotions spiking.

I'm sorry! I'm trying, Xyxyth was doing his best to calm his emotions but A'tay wasn't feeling well and it was his fault! Flights always looked fun and he was excited to chase and A'tay seemed like he might be interested in what the humans got up to because of them but he had been wrong and doubt wasn't fun. What if he hurt A'tay again in a normal activity? He was certain they were destined for great things but maybe he had ruined it all because of a pretty little gold. He wanted to curl up with Halomirth but he didn't feel he deserved it, though he didn't move away and felt a little touch of comfort was okay.

"And thank you for... this. You could have ignored me or sent me on my way to be a proper bronzerider in a Flight. I..." he clutched his bin a bit tighter, truly using it as a comfort device instead of something on stand by in case he was sick. His voice was wavering a bit and A'tay knew he didn't have to explain a thing to F'drel if he didn't want to, but he kind of wanted to. He felt like a freak for running from a Flight and then grounding his dragon and he could only imagine what F'drel thought about him. No doubt he saw a pathetic teenager and a disgraceful dragonrider and his explanation likely wouldn't correct either image.

"Casa and my brother used to date and I like someone else even though she doesn't like me like that and I really should get over it. But this wasn't the way," he spoke a bit more rapidly but the confession had been made and A'tay leaned his head back against the wall and stared up at the ceiling, unable to look at F'drel in case he was disgusted, disappointed, or worse, showed pity.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

F’drel watched A’tay intently, looking for signs that he was off balance or anything else that might indicate he’d hurt his head. He wasn’t so sure it was a good idea that A’tay was shaking his head at him, but A’tay didn’t seem to wince at the shaking, so it was probably fine? F’drel didn’t know, he wasn’t a Healer. Somehow he doubted A’tay had any interesting in seeing a proper Healer, so F’drel didn’t even consider bringing it up.

’Miri, can you reassure Xyxyth, please?’ F’drel silently asked his dragon, moving to sit against the wall a foot or so from A’tay. ’A’tay seems all right and I’m keeping a close eye on him. A panicking dragon put a lot into their rider’s head, and it really wasn’t good when your head already hurt. Halomirth mentally nodded in assent.

Here, she said, curling more around Xyxyth — as much as she could, anyway, the young bronze was already bigger than her, your rider will be fine. F’drel is taking care of him, so he is safe. You’re safe here too. Please don’t worry so much. The last bit was said almost pleadingly — Halomirth’s words were comforting, but the whole situation rather stressed her out. She wasn’t good at dealing with all the upset feelings around her. What of they were directed at her? No, they were disconcerting and not fun. Curling up with a friend was relaxing and meant they weren’t upset with her or her rider. It was better for everyone.

F’drel listened quietly to A’tay’s rambling explanation. It didn’t matter to him at all why A’tay didn’t want to participate in the Flight, all that mattered was that he didn’t. He bit back a nasty comment about ‘proper bronzeriders’ — A’tay didn’t need that at the moment — and focused on reassuring him.

“There’s no such thing as a bad reason to not want to have sex,” he said softly, still maintaining a good deal of space between them, though he was wondering if A’tay was the same sort of person as R’dal who seemed like he needed hugs and physical contact to process emotions, “especially when you’re young.” A’tay hadn’t explicitly said he was a virgin, but how he reacted to the Flight and his reasoning behind it seemed to suggest it. And F’drel felt a Flight would be a terrible place to have sex for the first time. It was kind of like being drugged, wasn’t it, with the way you couldn’t really remember things. F’drel both hated that he couldn’t remember Flights and was relieved he didn’t have to. He didn’t want to remember them, but he hated not knowing especially when the other person may remember more than he did. It was uncomfortable and made his skin crawl. And when it was someone’s first time? F’drel thought that would be a horrifically gross feeling.

He didn’t really care about whatever personal drama there was with who was dating who or who liked who or whatever, but it clearly was important to A’tay which meant F’drel didn’t want to be completely dismissive of it. What he wanted to do was reassure A’tay that he wasn’t a bad dragonrider for being young and having feelings.

“Dragons have our best interests in mind, but they’re dragons, not human, and we don’t work the same way. It’s not wrong that we and our dragons disagree sometimes, and it’s never wrong to have boundaries we won’t cross, no matter how much we love them and want them to be happy.” F’drel didn’t have the same ability to ground his dragon, and generally felt fairly helpless when it came to Miri’s Flights, but he set up boundaries in other ways — there were some people Miri was determined he befriend that F’drel had definitively said no to. And she seemed to — mostly — accept those decisions. Especially since F’drel usually let her have her way in other things. But in this case, A’tay could ground his dragon, and had managed to do so, which F’drel was slightly jealous of, and he shouldn’t beat himself up over that choice. A’tay hadn’t been as fucked over by life yet as F’drel, and there was no reason he should have to be.

“It’s not wrong to be a person, A’tay.” F’drel said, really hoping the kid understood at least some of what he was trying to say.

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A’tay’s face scrunched up when it was implied he was young. Oh, he didn’t disagree; he felt young in so many ways, but everyone else would view him as an adult. He was nearing his sixteenth birthday and to most people, that was old enough to be married as a holder or to sleep around the Weyr if he wanted to. But he didn’t want to and F’drel understanding that put him at ease. That didn’t stop him from feeling like a freak for not wanting sex with Casa or a fellow loser and he knew someone would have noticed Xyxyth suddenly exiting the Flight which meant everyone would know within a couple of days. It was best not to dwell on that but focus on the positive things F’drel was saying.

“I like that,” he whispered, head still leaning back on the wall. A’tay had to fight the urge to turn slightly so he could curl up against the cool surface. He felt like he had a fever with how hot his face was. “Disagreeing is okay, I mean. Like with friends.” He didn’t think he had ever disagreed with Madiquel but he did with some of his other friends but it was healthy to voice such things before it turned into a worse situation that left someone angry or upset. But having someone that was not only older but had been a dragonrider a lot longer than his weyrling status showed say it was okay to disagree with a dragon was comforting. As a weyrbrat, he was led to believe that dragons knew best when finding their life mate and always had the best interest of their rider in mind. So why would they ever see anything that wasn’t eye to eye?

“No wonder Mylorah likes you so much,” technically, Mylorah seemed to like everyone but there seemed to be some people she was closer to and the few times he had seen her with the greenrider, she seemed relaxed and genuinely happy to be in his company. She had no idea what their relationship really was and he wasn’t going to ask both because it wasn’t his business and that his head still hurt despite Xyxyth calming down a bit. He felt fuzzy and not entirely whole. He didn’t think he’d hit his head when he found himself on the ground but his head throbbed all the same, likely from the emotions and battling Xyxyth for control. He really didn’t want to go through that again and he’d have to figure out how to avoid such a situation later.

What he needed to figure out now was how to avoid people as he made his way back to his weyr. He didn’t want to be jumped for sex or by questions but he felt F’drel had already baby-sat him enough and it’d be rude to expect he could stay any longer. Halomirth was doing a good job of calming down Xyxyth and A’tay himself didn’t feel the desire to run to a certain blonde goldrider coming from either of them now so the green pair had done their part. He couldn’t ask them to do more.

Setting the bin down beside him, A’tay contemplated the act of standing and found it to a lot of work. Maybe he could crawl across the Weyr to his bed? People might not notice him as quickly if they weren’t looking down. His gaze drifted to the pillow again and he really did want to curl up with it instead of moving even across the room. With a sigh, A’tay gave up and frowned at F’drel. “Would I be a nuisance if I asked to stay a little longer? Just for a nap. Right here is fine.”

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

Thankfully, A’tay seemed to be following what he meant. That was good, it meant he was calming down instead of continuing to work himself up over things he had no control over (F’drel willfully did not think of how the same could often be said of him). F’drel just hoped A’tay would remember it for more than just that day.

“Mylorah likes everybody,” he deflected, shrugging off the compliment. There wasn’t anything special about him. He had common sense sometimes, which it seemed weyrfolk didn’t have nearly enough of. But that didn’t make him particularly worthy of anyone’s regard. Maybe common sense was just something Mylorah and her brothers didn’t have enough of on their own and they needed other people to have it for them. That made some sense, actually. F’drel figured he could be that for them, when they needed it.

He was brought more firmly back to the present when A’tay moved to put the bin down, and all F’drel’s attention went back to him. “You wouldn’t be a nuisance. You wouldn’t even be a nuisance if you borrowed the bed. If that’s too much effort though, I can bring you a blanket or two over here,” he offered. A’tay didn’t need to try to face the world just yet, it’s not like F’drel minded. His plans for the evening included getting dinner at some point and oiling a few spots on Halomirth that were drier than usual due to the seasons changing, and A’tay being here didn’t really interfere with either thing. And if he didn’t want to leave yet, he wasn’t going to make him. F’drel hadn’t expected how fiercely he wanted to protect this teen — a bronzerider — but he did, so he was going to make sure A’tay was alright. He tried very hard to avoid thinking about how it was at least partially due to relating to being young, not wanting to have sex, and feeling like he had no other options. That was too much self-reflection for F’drel at the moment, and he blocked it out in favor of offering blankets.

A'tay
of Bronze Xyxyth

Date of Birth
17.06.724, 20
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, short, messy

Threads

A'tay quickly shook his head at the offer of the bed and just as quickly regretted it as the room spun, forcing him to close his eyes for a moment. "No, right here is fine." The bed looked to be as far away as his own bed currently was and there was no way he was asking F'drel to carry him or even help him to his feet. Crawling in front of the man didn't seem too bad since F'drel had already seen him in Flightlust, heard him screaming, found him passed out, and watched him hug a garbage bin. What more could be lost in his eyes?

"I feel like my skin is on fire and crawling, if that makes sense?" It actually didn't feel like his own skin still. Was it a part of the come down from a Flight? Was he still a bit confused from the fight with Xyxyth and he didn't even recognise his own body now? That was horrifying and A'tay really didn't want to dwell on that or the new idea of him being stuck in Xyxyth's body. He was never sleeping again, was he? "Anyway, the floor will be cool on my skin and a blanket would be itchy right now."

That pillow, though... A'tay scooted forward a bit so he could grab it and then returned to his claimed spot along the wall. The pillow was hugged to his chest and his face semi buried in it as he thought about what else could be said right then. F'drel had been so understanding and kind and A'tay had no idea how he would ever repay him for it. There was the obvious keeping an eye on the greenrider since he was a bronzerider but he hadn't even graduated weyrling classes yet. He was a nobody. Any older rider would just roll their eyes at him if he tried to stand up and protect F'drel. Maybe one day he could return the favour of keeping the man safe but until then, A'tay had to find something else to show his gratitude.

"Thank you again. And if Xyxyth is a pain for any reason, just kick him out. He knows his way home." A'tay almost smiled at Xyxyth bristling over the words but smiling needed more muscles than he was willing to use at the moment. I promise to behave. Halomirth has been a great help and you're calming down as well. We both need a nap and then we will figure things out later. Satisfied his dragon wasn't going to cause a ruckus, A'tay shifted until he was lying on his side with the pillow under his head, proving it was just as comfortable as it had looked all along.

F'drel
of Green Halomirth

Date of Birth
25.09.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
blueish hazel
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown

Threads

“Okay,” F’drel said with a nod, already planning on getting one of the extra blankets from the closet and leaving it within reach of A’tay. He may not want a blanket now, but that was no guarantee he wouldn’t want one at some point. Easier to just leave it there for him.

“Halomirth doesn’t kick anyone out,” he informed A’tay, slowly standing up and heading towards the closet, “not until she feels she’s snuggled them sufficiently. Xyxyth may be stuck here a while.” F’drel reached the closet and pulled out one of the loosely woven cotton blankets he’d gotten to throw over himself when R’dal came over and they wanted to spend time on the ledge with the dragons in less than ideal weather. It was used to the floor.

“Just in case,” he said, leaving it an arm’s reach from A’tay if the teen stretched. Not too close to seem like he was forcing A’tay to use the blanket, but not far enough to be inconvenient to grab if wanted. “You can stay as long as you need, it’s no bother for me. Don’t force yourself to leave just because you think you’re inconveniencing me, all right? You’re not.” F’drel said the last bit gently but firmly, making sure A’tay got the message. He’d ask Halomirth to check in with Xyxyth too, make sure A’tay wasn’t leaving when he really shouldn’t be. Kid deserved to rest for an hour or six. It didn’t matter to F’drel, his weyr would be open to A’tay as long as he needed it. Blanket and encouragement to rest given, F’drel left the room and quietly shut the door behind him, giving A’tay the space he almost certainly needed.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)